PDA

View Full Version : Tired of White Beast? (Looking for some community feedback)

RubyEclipse
Jun 25, 2008, 02:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Let me preface this by saying that this topic has nothing to do with MAG, extensions, content or anything regarding the developer team. Please direct any comments regarding that stuff into the other threads, this one is about a different topic entirely.

One of the big things I've heard quite often (and have experienced firsthand) is that PSU's current lobby setup results in a lot of players doing the same mission over and over - which is understandable given the MP, drops, etc, and is fine at first - that's kind of the nature of the beast. But after a few months of running White beast for the 100th time just because that's where the crowds are, I can see where the complaints are coming from.

I know some players have said "Well, just play another mission then", but this is not always doable, given that players are spread out, and especially on the PC/Ps2 servers with their lower population.

That said, what are everyone's thoughts on the concept of a weekly "Promoted Mission"? This would run on both servers and would promote a single mission each week, revolving to match GBR schedules when necessary and perhaps even being decided sometimes by popular community vote. The official PSU website would be updated each week with info on the mission for new players, and in-game banners would run periodically during the week to let players know where everyone was running at. Likewise, there would also be exclusive GM events at these locations, with prizes - both virtual and real - given out to players who were taking part in the promoted mission.

This would be exclusive to US servers, including the GM events and any prizes given out.

In general, is this something you would like to see?

Ruru
Jun 25, 2008, 02:46 AM
would be nice but i stick to off servers and i solo if my friends aren't on so meh.

nice idea on the whole but good luck getting ANYONE from SoA to support a scheduled event.

ashley50
Jun 25, 2008, 02:50 AM
nah...we should be fine doing the same missions over and over like always.
Even thought players are complaining, they do it anyways since they have no choice unless they have their own party to from to go to other places.

Promoted missions? How will this work? Is there something special about it?

jaddavie
Jun 25, 2008, 02:52 AM
Would these missions have increased drop rates or anything like that? If not, I probably wouldn't run them. The only thing I could see getting people to play anything but white beast would be to update older missions with increased cash and mission points, which is what I think keeps most people playing white beast.

SmellyCyanide
Jun 25, 2008, 02:54 AM
I think this is a great idea.

Syanaide
Jun 25, 2008, 02:59 AM
nah...we should be fine doing the same missions over and over like always.
Even thought players are complaining, they do it anyways since they have no choice unless they have their own party to from to go to other places.

Promoted missions? How will this work? Is there something special about it?

First of all: What the fuck?
Second of all: No, we're not fine doing the same missions over and over. Some of us level all four of our character slots, and don't always have others to run with.
Third: This is GIVING us a choice, that's why it's an amazing idea.
Lastly: Did you read anything Ruby said? He explained the promoted missions proposal in the OP.

I don't think I've seen such a retarded post in forever. The internet is really hard to detect sarcasm, so if you're joking I'm sorry. If not, please shut the hell up.

Gryffin
Jun 25, 2008, 03:00 AM
At where we're at right now... Any strong, consistent, attempt to raise interest and mood would be wonderful. Especially if GM's are running it, and manage to silence all the dumbasses who appear to ruin everything by spamming things like 'olol I'm so drunk, hahahaaahaa.' And whatnot.

Plus, REAL LIFE PRIZES?! I CAN GET AN INFLATABLE PETE?! DOOOO WANT!

Chibi_psu
Jun 25, 2008, 03:00 AM
Unless you boost drop rates or exp for that mission i doubt people will play it.And there are lots of missions that have crappy rares too so i dont know what to think about this

Freshellent
Jun 25, 2008, 03:03 AM
Been saying that something similar to that should happen for a while now. I think it's a grand idea, and since people will appear simply because a GM is there, I think it'd work out rather well in the end.

Something like that could even bring back a few players that just need excuses to play. It's hard to come back after a while to only find people are just at hotspot. Never leaving the "safety" of the hotspot.

Irl prizes would seem really appealing to some. Since I don't have much to show for PSU outside of artbooks and my online antics, I might show up myself. Winning or not, I'm supportive of the idea.

All and all, anything to breath life into this game is welcome. The fact that someone even posted about this makes me smile a little. There's hope yet.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 25, 2008, 03:05 AM
This sounds like a great idea if you can figure out a good way to get people to this mission. The GM events may also be a good idea to get the PS2/PC servers the real hand weapons and other stuff 360 and JP has. :wacko:

goldbrease
Jun 25, 2008, 03:08 AM
how about side story missions like we had in pso, guide the npc and have to keep them alive. or puzzle missions (not more of this guess which teleport is the right teleporter to continue the path out of 13 teleporters! and then we have another set of teleporters for you to play the guessing game with, ow and did we mention that after that theres even more teleporters!)

how about some timed missions were you can recive a special weapon upon finishing it with a certain time/rank on every difficulty. like say get from one end of the map to the other while there are gobs of ice turrets spaming ice all over the place to slow you down. on c and b you get a couple pa frags, on A you get a freeze resists the first time and 6 pas frags after that. perhaps other goodies on higher difficulties.

i guess the short thing to say would be. absolutely yes man!

Turb0
Jun 25, 2008, 03:12 AM
Sounds good. I couldn't care less about the reward money/mission points/experience you get from a mission, and there's nothing much I really want to hunt for so right now I usually just go where the people are to do some runs.

Rayokarna
Jun 25, 2008, 03:14 AM
The real life prizes should only work if you can ship outside the US...

Other than that, excellent idea.

goldbrease
Jun 25, 2008, 03:19 AM
since the servers is us eu, they would probably have irl prizes for bolth, but other countries like autralia i duno.

Zael
Jun 25, 2008, 04:21 AM
Should have TA leaderboards for the "promoted mission" too.

With prizes.

Now THAT'll make things a ton more interesting.

drizzle
Jun 25, 2008, 04:23 AM
Yes. If you have GMs in Euro time.

Which you don't. So this prizes stuff has to be something that can be done automatically.
Something like 'Hit the Counter!' for missions is maybe easy to implement? Every 100th Alterazgoug kill wins a prize!

Ruru
Jun 25, 2008, 04:24 AM
be an easy way to get rid of more cheaters :D

RebhtheDark
Jun 25, 2008, 04:31 AM
This would be a GREAT idea! And I support the leaderboards for the weekly missions too! Who doesnt want prizes?

pikachief
Jun 25, 2008, 05:03 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this this is an amazing idea!

Give the mission like higher drop rates, or more exp or more PA exp, have the GMs in the lobby to give out stuff, please this will keep players interested! The biggest complaint i've seen now isnt lack of content, its when we get new content no one plays it because everyones at white beast still!!

also do a poll for it too, so we can get it for new missions like lonely labatory, and other missions with good drops like dark god.

I might be able to convince a friend or 2 to come back to playing the game if u do this.

please ruby please make this work sounds like an amazing idea i cant wait if u guys are really doing this! :D

relentless
Jun 25, 2008, 06:24 AM
Good idea, go for it I say.
Nothing more I can add other than agreed to most people here.

Kizeragi
Jun 25, 2008, 06:46 AM
Should have TA leaderboards for the "promoted mission" too.

With prizes.

Now THAT'll make things a ton more interesting.

If we got this, maybe I'd care more about TA. :/

Also, I will always care about WB, until it drops my goddamned Serafi >_< Then I'll leave it.

Iduno
Jun 25, 2008, 06:51 AM
This is an awesome idea, right now I've just been logging on and wondering around from place to place, maybe starting a couple of solo missions before logging off and playing another game since the only places to find partys are the hotspots.

This way it'll actually be possible to find a party outside the latetest hotspot so I'm all for it.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 25, 2008, 06:51 AM
I posted this on the official forum in the suggestion area a while ago:

I think one thing PSU really needs are missions that go on longer. I know it's a different game, but one thing I really prefered about PSO was that you could start a game in Forest and make all the way through to Dark Falz. I'm really missing something like this in PSU.

Of course you can go a specific route from each starting counter on each planet, but the problem is that no one can join you once you finished that first mission and the chances of someone joining you from a different lobby are slim to none.

Each Guardian Headquarter should offer different sets of combined missions for the planet they are on, with really rewarding MP at the end. Different sets with different lengths should be available, from 1 to 4 hours play time. Very important would be that players can join mid-mission until the end (they would of course get less MP at the end, but it should still be rewarding to join halfway through, somehow the game would need to register how many missions the player participated).

And to top it all, there should be a "Universe Tour" that takes you to several different planets and takes several hours to finish.

I guess something like that was already the thought behind GBR, but what good is one set of 5 missions, really?

DreXxiN
Jun 25, 2008, 06:53 AM
Good idea I say, from an event runner's perspective.

Though I can't say I've actively ran White Beast in months, lol.

strikershadow
Jun 25, 2008, 07:00 AM
Didnt sega already do this?? wasnt it called Guardian Boost Road?? Didnt everyone hate that??

>.>

Thats what it sounds like to me anyway. a specific event, with increased drop rates and more XP... GBR...

relentless
Jun 25, 2008, 07:07 AM
Though I can't say I've actively ran White Beast in months, lol.

Same. But one of the reasons IS that I don't like playing such a retarded missions over and over, so I have an excuse to actually do it by taking a break from that mission. (yeah, figure the rewards are not the things being retarded about this)

@strikershadow

No.

strikershadow
Jun 25, 2008, 07:16 AM
LOL sounds like GBR to me... except they havent updated that either >.> it would be cool if they switched planets every 2 weeks.

darkante
Jun 25, 2008, 07:21 AM
Ahh this damn White Beast.
You know, i play it so rarely i donīt care so much about it.

Dual Sentinel, Lab Recovery, System Defence are loads more fun (and pretty? >.>)
Bah, i got so much rares i just do whatever is easier to level low level bullets on without being put around like a ragdoll. (Ehum Desert Goliath very fun with cheap seeking missiles doing shitload of dmg!...not..;P)

Mysterious-G
Jun 25, 2008, 07:25 AM
Please spend the money on a new SOA server team instead on those prizes. >_>

The mission promoting with all the ideas people have here sounds great, tho.

But my hopes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo low that we will get this, honestly.

Nobby
Jun 25, 2008, 08:10 AM
I assume that this would be a GM run event and therefore there would be no code or system changes. Any additional rewards would need to be handed out by GMs. Would this make a hotspot and hottimes when GMs are active with everyone jumping universes when they are spotted. Oh the bonfire!

Any change or improvements are always welcomed and I think this is a basis for a great idea but would need some further consideration by the GMs as to how to make it work.

PSU the hunt for GMs

Vent
Jun 25, 2008, 08:32 AM
If you plan to do it regularly, you really need to come up with a good way to drag people to it. People lose interest fast, even in reoccurring events. I like the idea, but I'm doubtful how it will work out, if the GMs agree to do it.

Cracka_J
Jun 25, 2008, 08:33 AM
The idea, in theory, is great.

The reality is, the players would much rather see the GM's working to
DELIVER THE CONTENT THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY PROMISED.

I'm gonna be completely honest since you asked for it. This seems like more PR bullshit to me. A last ditch attempt trying to revive the remaining playerbase, and try to breathe some life into a community that has been divided by lies, incorrect information, and constant disappointments; all to squeeze out a few more bucks. I'll tell you right now it will not work in the state that the community is currently in. Do you even care how many people have stated that they will not be renewing due to the information that was delivered yesterday? I'm one of them.

Get your acts together first, and learn to deliver the content that you post on your website. Once you have that all sorted out, then feel free to go ahead and start planning these events. Until then, I don't want to hear shit about it, nor will I participate.

AlliThePally
Jun 25, 2008, 08:33 AM
It would be a good Idea, but if people had to vote for it, the majority would probaly vote for White beast! So people would still only run that mission along with the increased drop rate and then still complain :p Other than that it would be cool to see something like that, and it would make the game a lot more fun in general if people did vote for other mission besides white beast

Rust
Jun 25, 2008, 08:41 AM
Been saying that something similar to that should happen for a while now. I think it's a grand idea, and since people will appear simply because a GM is there, I think it'd work out rather well in the end.

Something like that could even bring back a few players that just need excuses to play. It's hard to come back after a while to only find people are just at hotspot. Never leaving the "safety" of the hotspot.

Irl prizes would seem really appealing to some. Since I don't have much to show for PSU outside of artbooks and my online antics, I might show up myself. Winning or not, I'm supportive of the idea.

All and all, anything to breath life into this game is welcome. The fact that someone even posted about this makes me smile a little. There's hope yet.

This.

On another note, I'd say it's a very great idea and I'd participate to it just for fun (not like if I would stand a chance to earn any prize), but maybe you should have asked to SoA before submitting the idea to the player database. In the -most likely- case the idea doesn't make its way out on the US/EU servers, there's going to be massive cases of BAW again.

Mman2000
Jun 25, 2008, 09:34 AM
To put it bluntly, this idea is no good.

Spamming the same mission over and over isn't fun. It wasn't fun with MAG, it isn't fun with white beast, and it won't be fun with this promoted mission deal. This idea is little more than a band-aid approach that does not deal with why people spam missions in the first place. People spam white beast for EXP and rares, people spammed MAG for the same reason. If this is put into place, people will only start spamming whatever mission you decide to promote and it won't fix a damn thing in the long run. If you want people to start doing other missions, then make it so that all missions are equally rewarding. No one wants to run a mission that makes them use up healing items and doesn't drop much or give much EXP, what part of that is so hard for sega to understand?

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2008, 09:44 AM
Making the missions equally rewarding is likely something only Japan can do.

You can try this idea, but it's likely you're not going to get a good turnout, as no one really trusts any of you at this point, from content update failures to events that even had problems. Just take CrackaJ's advice and work on what needs to be done instead. If he's pissed off, things are pretty bad.

EDIT:

Just work on what is important if you plan on keeping people interested. Otherwise, this game is going to die out before all of the scheduled content can be released. How far behind are we from Japan now? I thinhk we'd all like some real reasoning as to why you were unable to deliver content update[s] this week, especially the MAG extension, which you should have needed nothing extra for, considering you've already updated with the mission once.

I don't expect any of you to tell me the place is understaffed, because one, that'd be just an excuse and also an excuse that could potentially get you guys into trouble if used in an e-mail to corporate. But just...do.....SOMETHING!

Mman2000
Jun 25, 2008, 09:49 AM
Making the missions equally rewarding is likely something only Japan can do.

In that case, someone needs to tell sega of japan that they're going to have to start actually giving two shits about the american market if they want to keep getting a profit from it.

Ami~
Jun 25, 2008, 09:58 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I would think that GM's are limited in what they can do when it comes to the game etc. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on that XD

I also do agree with crackaJ, he seems to be pretty spot on when it comes to all the issues, but I wouldn't hold it against ruby or any of the GM's, as I am sure they want new content just as much as any of you guys do since I would assume most of them have their own personal accounts so they're siding with us lol and I am pretty sure in the back of their minds they are cursing at sega too :D.

I really do like this idea of a GM run event it's really cool how you guys would promote different missions for rewards, and like mentioned...maybe even increase the drop rates and EXP that definetly sounds cool, I definetly support it ^^

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2008, 10:11 AM
Take a look at these:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/arabian_disco/psu20080625_110153_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/arabian_disco/psu20080625_110202_001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

School is out now if I'm not mistaken. I know it's the morning (11AM EST), but the game is virtually empty during earlier hours, and that's a lot worse than before...and this is with Jaggo Sonichis around. And now, we have to deal with weeks without content? Ouch. Time to go play something else in the meantime.

Golto
Jun 25, 2008, 10:19 AM
Artea this is still part of the dead time for pc/ps2, check back in 7 hours for the usual 2 and a part stars on uni 2 :P

It would be nice if the GMs could do a mini GBR but I don't think they have the power to do that. Increase drop rates, meseta amount dropped, and maybe exp for a mission or two.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2008, 10:30 AM
A mini GBR would require server update--something they seem currently unable to do.

Why don't they just do it during a different day? I remember when an update was missed on a Friday it was taken care on a Monday or something instead.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2008, 10:58 AM
Didnt sega already do this?? wasnt it called Guardian Boost Road?? Didnt everyone hate that??

>.>

Thats what it sounds like to me anyway. a specific event, with increased drop rates and more XP... GBR...

GBR is an an going thing its coming back in nudaiz in the future then parum. That forcus's on giving 1 boost to a series of levels in 1 planet.

This is completely different. This time it focuses only on 1 mission only for 1 week. Gives it a boost, GM support, and prizes. Its to get rid of the boring part of the game :D

to make certain missions great missions for short periods of time is probably the best idea Sega has had.

It will hopefully make people move from mission to mission week to week.

I for one loved GBR. and i cant wait to do another mission other than white beast and not be soloing lol

ThePendragon
Jun 25, 2008, 11:14 AM
Does Ruby work for SEGA, otherwise, I don't see why this post matters. But I would love this, even if SEGA didn't support it. IM SICK OF WHITE BEAST. White Beast makes me want to quit PSU altogether. We really need to do something like this. Missions of the week or something.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
Does Ruby work for SEGA, otherwise, I don't see why this post matters.
Ruby is a psu GM.

Elley
Jun 25, 2008, 11:34 AM
/signed

Great idea!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
In that case, someone needs to tell sega of japan that they're going to have to start actually giving two shits about the american market if they want to keep getting a profit from it.Therein lies the rub. They are likely making such a small profit off of us that they'd just as soon shut down the server and cut their losses.

Cracka_J
Jun 25, 2008, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't hold it against ruby or any of the GM's, as I am sure they want new content just as much as any of you guys do since I would assume most of them have their own personal accounts so they're siding with us lol and I am pretty sure in the back of their minds they are cursing at sega too :D.

Oh, I agree, and I don't hold anything "personal" against them.
I'm sure they're well aware why this community is so fired up.

However, I don't think announcing possible "event" missions is the right action to take a day after we get another content delay. The content is what's really key, and while this is a really a great idea, nobody will care until we get the already announced content.

Perhaps sometime in the future...but as of right now, there are more important issues that need to be resolved.

Gunslinger-08
Jun 25, 2008, 11:51 AM
I like the idea and hate the anger and pessimism in this thread.

Treize K
Jun 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
lol White Beast is the new Crimson Beast ^^

ForteGunnerW
Jun 25, 2008, 12:26 PM
do the mission where we used to find jaos from firebreak..

Mman2000
Jun 25, 2008, 12:26 PM
Therein lies the rub. They are likely making such a small profit off of us that they'd just as soon shut down the server and cut their losses.

They're not making a profit off of something they're ignoring and leaving to rot? I wonder why that is....

If they're not going to put effort into PSU, they may as well shut it down. The game may be fun, but it won't stay that way if it stagnates.

ThePendragon
Jun 25, 2008, 01:06 PM
I have come up with the solution, and this is the best way fix this game by forcing people to add variety to their gameplay. Three steps:

1. Fix the non AOI missions. Meaning, better drops, more XP, more Meseta, More MP!

2. 2 Permanent GBR Routes on ALL Planets. BUT with less rewards than an event GBR. Maybe maxing at 15-25% bonus on the missions in the Boost Road. The bonuses should also fade over time, perhaps losing 5% a week. That way, you need to re-run the GBR if you want to keep your % up. This will encourage people to run routes covering almost ALL missions on all the planets. WHITE BEAST SHOULD NOT BE ON ANY OF THESE BOOST ROADS.

3. Diminishing returns. If you run a mission more than 3 times consecutively, rewards should diminish. Less XP, Less MP, Less Meseta, and lower drop rates. Maybe dropping 5% for each run after the 3rd one. This will discourage people from spamming the same mission OVER AND OVER. But, if people are REALLY determined, they can always just C-Run some other mission every 3 runs then go right back to spamming that mission. But at least this will encourage variety.

I know some people around here don't like these ideas, but this would solve all of our problems. There would be parties available at virtually every counter in the game. The missions would be worth running, and the game would be so much better. One thing that could make this even better, would be to consolidate the universes and increase their load limit. We really don't need more than 2 Universes on PS2/PC, and no more than 4 on Xbox 360, IF you double the capacity of each Universe.

haruna
Jun 25, 2008, 01:10 PM
The reason people do White Beast ad nauseum are drops, EXP and MP are unparalleled. The Serafi-Senba is one of the best armors out there. Looking at some of the future drops currently available in Japan, the Serafi-Senba is *still* a very good S-rank armor.

I think adjusting all S2 missions that have below level 100 monsters to 100 and above to drop S-ranks would also really help.

Kizeragi
Jun 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
I have come up with the solution, and this is the best way fix this game by forcing people to add variety to their gameplay. Three steps:

1. Fix the non AOI missions. Meaning, better drops, more XP, more Meseta, More MP!

2. 2 Permanent GBR Routes on ALL Planets. BUT with less rewards than an event GBR. Maybe maxing at 15-25% bonus on the missions in the Boost Road. The bonuses should also fade over time, perhaps losing 5% a week. That way, you need to re-run the GBR if you want to keep your % up. This will encourage people to run routes covering almost ALL missions on all the planets. WHITE BEAST SHOULD NOT BE ON ANY OF THESE BOOST ROADS.

3. Diminishing returns. If you run a mission more than 3 times consecutively, rewards should diminish. Less XP, Less MP, Less Meseta, and lower drop rates. Maybe dropping 5% for each run after the 3rd one. This will discourage people from spamming the same mission OVER AND OVER. But, if people are REALLY determined, they can always just C-Run some other mission every 3 runs then go right back to spamming that mission. But at least this will encourage variety.

I know some people around here don't like these ideas, but this would solve all of our problems. There would be parties available at virtually every counter in the game. The missions would be worth running, and the game would be so much better. One thing that could make this even better, would be to consolidate the universes and increase their load limit. We really don't need more than 2 Universes on PS2/PC, and no more than 4 on Xbox 360, IF you double the capacity of each Universe.

Idea 1. Agreed, get Lv 100's on all missions. I would like cheaper Mugunruks.
Idea 2. Won't happen, and I'm sure that White Beast is on Neudiaz GBR anyway.
Idea 3. Just, no.

ThePendragon
Jun 25, 2008, 01:22 PM
I will never understand why people resist the idea of diminishing returns so much. Without it, everyone will ALWAYS find some mission to endlessly SPAM and everything else will be dead. Do you really need to run the same missions more than 4 or 5 times? And even if you do, there's an out. Just play something else ONCE, and then go right back to spamming. This helps spread people out.

Kylie
Jun 25, 2008, 01:31 PM
I think it's worth a shot, but I really think it'll just be ignored if it's simply a "promoted" mission and has nothing special about it. Like, no offense, but you guys (GM's) aren't the most popular people right now. I don't think people are going to care what you promote, and it'd be just like anyone else saying, "Let's do this mission!" However, it could work if the community does vote on the mission. I've always thought the "anti-White Beast" crowd could pull together and get another mission going, given some organization, so I don't know. Maybe.

I'd probably ignore it though, honestly.

February
Jun 25, 2008, 01:33 PM
I will never understand why people resist the idea of diminishing returns so much. Without it, everyone will ALWAYS find some mission to endlessly SPAM and everything else will be dead. Do you really need to run the same missions more than 4 or 5 times? And even if you do, there's an out. Just play something else ONCE, and then go right back to spamming. This helps spread people out.

It ruins your chance of hunting something in specific if it only drops in one area. It would just make the entire hunting thing more frustrating.

ThePendragon
Jun 25, 2008, 01:39 PM
It ruins your chance of hunting something in specific if it only drops in one area. It would just make the entire hunting thing more frustrating.

No, it really doesn't. I mean if you set the limit at 4 or 5, lets say to be more generous, 5 and it drops at 5%, it won't impact you until your 6th run, and won't REALLY hurt until like you're 8th. And then, all you have to is take a quick break, and go right back to it. I mean, why do you need to run it more thn 6 or 7 times in a ROW? And if you really feel you need to spam it THAT much, then run another mission, then go back and do it another 7 or so times. That's more than enough SPAMMING for ANYONE. Besides which, you can increase your % with GBR runs I mentioned, so you can make it even longer.

Also, they if they improved drops in other areas as I said, they should make sure that items never drop in ONLY one area. So that point is moot.

February
Jun 25, 2008, 01:43 PM
Where else does the Crea Doubles drop? I was seriously there for like a month, maybe more trying to get one.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 01:45 PM
The reason people do White Beast ad nauseum are drops, EXP and MP are unparalleled. The Serafi-Senba is one of the best armors out there. Looking at some of the future drops currently available in Japan, the Serafi-Senba is *still* a very good S-rank armor.

I think adjusting all S2 missions that have below level 100 monsters to 100 and above to drop S-ranks would also really help.

Agreed with this, and also there should be S3 versions of old missions after we start getting aoi S2 missions with lvl 150+ enemies (all S2 aoi missions jp got after caves of ice and awoken serpent, all of them have lvl 150+ enemies...). Also, caves of ice and awoken serpent should get lvl 150+ enemies on S2 due to all other aoi S2 missions having them at this lvl too...

ThePendragon
Jun 25, 2008, 02:03 PM
Just updating existing missions won't work. Everyone will still run White Beast. Or, if another mission turns out better, they'll just SPAM that and that will be the new white beast. At least until White Beast S2 is released, then everyone will go right back.

Diminishing Returns, and Permanent GBR's coupled with improved missions is the solution. Despite no one being able to see it. :|

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 02:15 PM
Just updating existing missions won't work. Everyone will still run White Beast. Or, if another mission turns out better, they'll just SPAM that and that will be the new white beast. At least until White Beast S2 is released, then everyone will go right back.

Diminishing Returns, and Permanent GBR's coupled with improved missions is the solution. Despite no one being able to see it. :|

Updating existing missions would give other options of missions to do other than white beast to those that actually want to do different missions...
Updating v1 missions would give other options instead of just doing aoi missions (since only aoi missions are getting enemies of our lvl).
What's the point of having v1 missions with monsters below lvl 100 with a lvl 130 cap, or in jp case, lvl 150 cap?

Not updating v1 missions means that we have alot of useless missions...
For example, Holy Ground S2 has lvl 85 monsters (highest difficulty). No good exp, no S ranks, and awful rewards for a 4 block mission. If it had at least lvl 100 enemies, there would drop Uransara, Fuka-Misaki, Daiga-Misaki, Baji-Senba, Svaltus Sword, Deva-Zashi, and more important...Psycho Wand...and who knows what would drop on the end boxes.

Updating these missions wouldn't make everyone stop doing white beast (if no better missions with better rewards comes), but at least would give some different options to the ones that like to do different missions...

ThePendragon
Jun 25, 2008, 02:20 PM
Reading comprehension Plz. I didn't say DON'T update the missions. I said, just updating WON'T fix the issue at hand. People already have plenty of options for other missions, yet still, NO ONE plays them. Why? Because there is always going to be a "best" mission, and everyone will spam that, and everyone else will be forced to play it or solo.

All Im saying is, making missions better is NOT a solution by itself.

zandra117
Jun 25, 2008, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a good idea but I have another suggestion.
How about making it where if any mission in the game is repeated the exp in that mission goes down. Everytime you repeat the same mission more than once the amount of exp you get from killing monsters in that mission goes down by half and stays at 50% reduced exp. Then you could have it reset back to normal every 3 hours or every time they run 3 "unique" fields. (unique field meaning missions that dont take place in the same field environment. For instance if someone has reduced exp in white beast due to running it twice they can either wait 3 hours for the -50% handicap to go away or they can run Moonlight Beast(mizuraki C.D.), then Forest Infiltration (Agata Islands), then Hill of Spores (Habirao F.D.), 3 "unique" fields, to get the handicap on white beast to go away.) That would make people move around to different areas of the game if they are focusing on exp and cause people to spread out.

Jainsea
Jun 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
I like the idea. I would go run it for the sake of it not being WB and possible prizes ^^
I do applaud you for trying :) I hear players saying GM's should get more involved etc and try more, and when they do, this is the reaction they get :\
(cant make everyone happy I know that)
If I played on the pc version and had lots of meseta/rares I would do a little event with prizes^^
Post pics and everything etc but Im on PS2 and poor Y_Y.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 02:33 PM
Reading comprehension Plz. I didn't say DON'T update the missions. I said, just updating WON'T fix the issue at hand. People already have plenty of options for other missions, yet still, NO ONE plays them. Why? Because there is always going to be a "best" mission, and everyone will spam that, and everyone else will be forced to play it or solo.

All Im saying is, making missions better is NOT a solution by itself.

Even though it wouldn't be a solution for ppl spaming just 1 missions, it would help in having more variety...and about having plenty of options for other missions...right now we have only 4 missions with monsters higher than the lvl cap (Awoken Serpent S2, HSM S, Bruce S and Eggs Thieves S).
And as the cap goes higher, the less options high lvl players will have (talking about high lvl missions/worth doing missions, for the ones that like harder/more challenging missions), on jp the only missions worth doing as lvl 140 or 150 are aoi missions, the new S2 ones with lvl 150+/160+ monsters >_>

EDIT: Updating old missions and a permanent GBR like you said (maybe changing every 2 to 4 weeks) would be perfect.

Cracka_J
Jun 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
Do you really need to run the same missions more than 4 or 5 times? And even if you do, there's an out. Just play something else ONCE, and then go right back to spamming. This helps spread people out.

Spreading people out (especially for the remaining pc/ps2 people) will kill the community.

I've said this before in a couple threads, and I'll say it again in here because this thread seems to be evolving from Ruby's idea into "what else could we do to gtfo of wb".

There is one outstanding gameplay design concept from PSO that was not incorporated into PSU. The central hub. If players could easily just go to 5th floor guardians HQ and view ALL ACTIVE MISSIONS ON ALL PLANETS IN ALL LOBBIES for their current universe, you would see 100% more party variation. Most of the community has capped characters anyway, in some cases 4 slots of them. For the people that didn't want to play WB, but wanted to play in a random party, they could easily see a list of all the active games, select the open game the wished to join (and pay appropriate lobby fee), and instantly be teleported from the 5th floor HQ into the active game.

I have absolutely no idea why this wasn't considered as a design concept from the get-go, but it is a flaw, and you are seeing the direct result of not having this gameplay concept in the current communities.

Something that could be implemented into the game engine without a expansion? Who knows. But it's something I know 90% of both communities would flush their rarz down the toilet to obtain. It's way to hard to find random parties that will allow you to join outside of hotspots, and it's sad because this game has some great missions and variety to offer.

Mewnie
Jun 25, 2008, 02:47 PM
The idea, in theory, is great.

The reality is, the players would much rather see the GM's working to
DELIVER THE CONTENT THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY PROMISED.

I'm gonna be completely honest since you asked for it. This seems like more PR bullshit to me. A last ditch attempt trying to revive the remaining playerbase, and try to breathe some life into a community that has been divided by lies, incorrect information, and constant disappointments; all to squeeze out a few more bucks. I'll tell you right now it will not work in the state that the community is currently in. Do you even care how many people have stated that they will not be renewing due to the information that was delivered yesterday? I'm one of them.

Get your acts together first, and learn to deliver the content that you post on your website. Once you have that all sorted out, then feel free to go ahead and start planning these events. Until then, I don't want to hear shit about it, nor will I participate.

This.

Frankly, either merge the US PC/PS2 with Xbox (unlikely, due to integration with Live) or merge us with the JP servers. Cause right now, there's only going to be a small handful of us left by the end of summer.

I really like this game, I just don't like the gross incompetence on top of the general disregard SoJ seems to heap on us.

Jainsea
Jun 25, 2008, 02:51 PM
There is one outstanding gameplay design concept from PSO that was not incorporated into PSU. The central hub. If players could easily just go to 5th floor guardians HQ and view ALL ACTIVE MISSIONS ON ALL PLANETS IN ALL LOBBIES for their current universe, you would see 100% more party variation. Most of the community has capped characters anyway, in some cases 4 slots of them. For the people that didn't want to play WB, but wanted to play in a random party, they could easily see a list of all the active games, select the open game the wished to join (and pay appropriate lobby fee), and instantly be teleported from the 5th floor HQ into the active game.

I have absolutely no idea why this wasn't considered as a design concept from the get-go, but it is a flaw, and you are seeing the direct result of not having this gameplay concept in the current communities.

The central hub is a great function that needed to stay. That would make so much sense
and help finding parties so much easier O:

RubyEclipse
Jun 25, 2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks very much for the responses everyone. To drop back in and clarify, understand that this thread is just looking for feedback based on the Promoted Mission idea, and that I am not a developer (nor will any ideas for new content posted here move forward) - this is less of a "If you could change anything, what would it be?" and more of a "What do you think about this specific idea?"

I know people get excited sometimes and everyone has things they would like to see changed and improved, but for the moment understand I am just looking for feedback on the original idea, content updates and gameplay tweaks all aside. Like I stated in the first post, this is entirely separate from any content, MAG, billing server, updates, caek or other PSU related discussions already ongoing - please post your thoughts on those in the appropriate threads already out there.

Thanks again for all on-topic responses. To those of you that would like to see it in action, a new question: What would be your top five picks as far as missions go?

Thanks everyone!

ThePendragon
Jun 25, 2008, 02:59 PM
Spreading people out (especially for the remaining pc/ps2 people) will kill the community.

I've said this before in a couple threads, and I'll say it again in here because this thread seems to be evolving from Ruby's idea into "what else could we do to gtfo of wb".

That would work, but the world they've put so much effort into creating would go to waste. And I personally love it. I think another option would be what i mentioned before. Consolidate the universes, and allow them to hold more people each. However, to be honest, I've said this before. PS2 is the reason PSU is so effed up, it should never have been designed and released for PS2.

Even though it wouldn't be a solution for ppl spaming just 1 missions, it would help in having more variety...and about having plenty of options for other missions...right now we have only 4 missions with monsters higher than the lvl cap (Awoken Serpent S2, HSM S, Bruce S and Eggs Thieves S).
And as the cap goes higher, the less options high lvl players will have (talking about high lvl missions/worth doing missions, for the ones that like harder/more challenging missions), on jp the only missions worth doing as lvl 140 or 150 are aoi missions, the new S2 ones with lvl 150+/160+ monsters >_>

EDIT: Updating old missions and a permanent GBR like you said (maybe changing every 2 to 4 weeks) would be perfect.

The permanent GBR's would help a lot since they would give incentive to run other missions, and groups of them. However, I think diminishing returns would be the final point which would push people to stop spamming, and move to other missions after a few runs on the same one.

Kylie
Jun 25, 2008, 03:22 PM
What would be your top five picks as far as missions go?
Any mission with mobs over LV100 and a boss that isn't Alteraz.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks again for all on-topic responses. To those of you that would like to see it in action, a new question: What would be your top five picks as far as missions go?

Thanks everyone!

I would say Holy Ground (really like that area, but since it only has lvl 85 enemies at most, wouldn't be a good place for this x.x).

Maybe missions like Sleeping Warriors, Dual Sentinel, SEED Awakened, Desert Goliath, Demons Above, and others xD...

pikachief
Jun 25, 2008, 03:55 PM

idk about PC/PS2 but i know people who may jsut well come back after a long time having quit this game because of this!

I know a good amount of people who quit over people doing the same mission for such a long time adn cant wait to see this go into action if it does.

Where else does the Crea Doubles drop? I was seriously there for like a month, maybe more trying to get one.

my friend can find 5 every day if he wanted to.

Seriously, he got a rappy spawn there once and 2 rappies droped crea doubles for him lol

oh and ruby, really any level with lvl 100 monsters, so basically any level where good S ranks drop lol. we dont even mind if u guys pick as long as u check the drops first and make sure tehre are some S ranks that drop there first :P lol

IsoDonk
Jun 25, 2008, 03:58 PM
As people have said, the lack of missions without lv100 enemies is always going to be a bind in situations like this.

I like the idea though (and whoever suggested TA for it is bang on the money). Perhaps this could be advertised through the vision phone in everyone's room too, about time it was used for something :)

My five mission picks:

- Tunnel Recapture
- Valley of Carnage
- Lightning Beasts
- The Holy Grounds
- Rogues' Shortcut

Ken_Silver
Jun 25, 2008, 03:59 PM
Got to this late, but it would be a great idea! I'm glad that the GM's are stepping up, where the development team & higher management is not. So thanks to you Ruby and pass that along to Chill Aura of the official fourms. (been there and saw the carnage... o_O )

Although someone said to evolve them into PSO side missions and that would be even better.

Sticking to the idea at hand, my top five picks would be:
1) Military Subway (I love this mission)
2) Train Rescue (Also love this mission)
3) Fight for Food (Why? because people need to do the linear line missions a lot more and we need more of them :D )
4) Demons Above (Can't wait to see Fightmasters and ForteFighters struggle against the Dimmagoug)
5) Some other Moatoob mission (Love that planet. It's hardcore.)

God_Shiden
Jun 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
Why cant we make the AI more aggresive like pso? I mean even at 200 any boss could kill you easily if you slipped up (dependging on the boss of course) The enemies are way to passive if you ask me...I think if every mission was as hard as Awoken Serpent S2 it would probably be alot more interesting. Or better yet try and add and Towards The Future (Pso players will know this) type of mission with special rares as a reward.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 04:33 PM
Why cant we make the AI more aggresive like pso? I mean even at 200 any boss could kill you easily if you slipped up (dependging on the boss of course) The enemies are way to passive if you ask me...I think if every mission was as hard as Awoken Serpent S2 it would probably be alot more interesting. Or better yet try and add and Towards The Future (Pso players will know this) type of mission with special rares as a reward.

Agree with missions being as hard as Awoken Serpent S2 or even as hard as SEED Awakened would be with lvl 150+ enemies XD.
But disagree with the Towards The Future type of mission, ppl would just spam that mission, would be alot worse than what white beast is now >_>

About the type of missions in a GBR type of mission, any mission with good drops (basically, no missions with enemies below lvl 100).

Kylie
Jun 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
4) Demons Above (Can't wait to see Fightmasters and ForteFighters struggle against the Dimmagoug)
Wrong brother. :clown: The nice one's in Demons Above.

ZeroKamikaze
Jun 25, 2008, 04:42 PM
Honestly what would happen if White Beast just vanished for a week or 2? Would people not run anything else and await its return or would the spammers find a new hotspot?

Take into account that people never learn (save a few smart ones), and the result is simple. If what I stated above were to happen, 1/2 of the spammers would sign on to see if White Beast is there, only to be dissappointed and sign off, while the rest of the pack just finds a new hotspot.

I can safely say this because History is doomed to repeat itself, so whether or not we're sick of it, the spammers wont stop, so those of us who actually think for ourselves will just run other missions and get rich cause noone else is hunting that particular weapon/armor/board.

God_Shiden
Jun 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
In my view it wouldnt be spammable.1~4players no PM no NPC and fight S2 versions of all the bosses. You'd do it on each planet for some variety. Ex for Parum:De Ragan, De Ragnus...uhh those sub boss large enemies would come in waves of 4....i think you get the idea.

xBladeM6x
Jun 25, 2008, 04:50 PM
Well i love the idea, but first thing is first. Get the content updates right so people stop complaining, and then think about adding extras to the list of things to do in PSU after everything has been sorted out with the updates and what-not.

All in all. This sounds like an amazing idea. Maybe if you "Sponsor" Motherbrain, people will actually stop being pussies and go there.

Colonel Mustard
Jun 25, 2008, 04:58 PM
This idea reeks of being an attempt to distract.

People run White Beast because of the poor reward system and the lack of decent new content.

Fix the disease, not the symptom.

Midicronica
Jun 25, 2008, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I guess. It probably won't make me play the game anymore than I do now.

GaNksTa
Jun 25, 2008, 05:24 PM
Agree with missions being as hard as Awoken Serpent S2 or even as hard as SEED Awakened would be with lvl 150+ enemies XD.
But disagree with the Towards The Future type of mission, ppl would just spam that mission, would be alot worse than what white beast is now >_>

About the type of missions in a GBR type of mission, any mission with good drops (basically, no missions with enemies below lvl 100).

A TTF variant wouldn't be very hard to balance; just put it a Guardians HQ with specific rules, such as: No Scape Dolls & Cannot return to lobby.

On Topic to what Ruby had asked:
1)Dark Satellite
2)SEED Awakened
3)The Black Nest
4)The Dark God
5)Maximum Attack G'

Larian
Jun 25, 2008, 05:39 PM
I love that idea!! =D

Para
Jun 25, 2008, 05:49 PM
Mmm I thought GBR was supposed to be the "counter" to spamming 1 mission fever...

pikachief
Jun 25, 2008, 06:25 PM
Mmm I thought GBR was supposed to be the "counter" to spamming 1 mission fever...

not when we havent gotten one in like 3 months and the next includes white beast anyways! lol

Mman2000
Jun 25, 2008, 07:22 PM
Ok what missions would I want to see "promoted"

1. Sleeping Warriors
2. Dancing Birds
3. Awoken Serpent
4. White Moonlight Beast
5. Electronic Brain (fucking hard to solo but would be a great group run if the rewards didn't suck)

soolayah
Jun 25, 2008, 07:58 PM
1) Desert Goliath
2) Electronic Brain
3) Awoken Serpent
4) Dual Sentinel
5) Moonlight Beast

Or Bruce's Dungeon, if party missions are doable. I was on breaks when it was popular and have only tried it once. <_<

Rust
Jun 25, 2008, 08:36 PM
To those of you that would like to see it in action, a new question: What would be your top five picks as far as missions go?

Thanks everyone!

Incidentally, I prefer alot of AotI missions for their better level design, more inventive tricky trap (seriously, the first time I went through The Dark God with my friends, we spent like 20 minutes trying to find out how to open that fucking fence, 'till I soloed another instance of this one two days later and noticed that one switch were vanishing when you were stepping on the other :wacko:) and well, despite the fact I'm still lvl 70, I always feel like most of the S2 vanilla PSU missions don't represent an adequate challenge anymore when I'm playing them with my friends.

So... so far :

1. Lightning Beasts
2. The Dual Sentinel
3. Lonely Laboratory
4. Dancing Birds
5. The Egg Thieves (this one is pure win, it's probably the only missions I could spam all day, even as much as I hate spamming). OR Endrum Remnants (if party missions are excluded).

Whenever it comes out, I'd probably kick Dancing Birds out of the list to put the SEED Express instead.

Para
Jun 25, 2008, 09:00 PM
I can solo Electronic Brain... its not that bad... just the boss poses a more interesting challenge. :P

Either way I would support any initiative for GMs to support and make other fun missions a hotspot to draw people away from White Beast. It will be good for the market of rare items and well being of the community.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 25, 2008, 09:28 PM
Ruby plz do your idea, it's awesome.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2008, 09:32 PM
Fact probably is this idea can be done without GMs much like the player meetups we had at Foran Waterfall and Vio Tonga on Moatoob.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 25, 2008, 09:38 PM
Fact probably is this idea can be done without GMs much like the player meetups we had at Foran Waterfall and Vio Tonga on Moatoob.

But, the problem with that, they might not notice it on a forum. If a GM does a message at the top of the screen, anyone playing will see it. :wacko:

EDIT: Oh yeah, 5 picks.

Do some missions with gun drops. Gunners have really been geting shafted in terms of their drops.

1: Desert Goliath.
1: Dual Sentinal.
1: SEED Awakened.
1: Sleeping Warriors. (I want my Psychu Wandu! D: )
1: Her Secret Mission.

AlliThePally
Jun 25, 2008, 09:53 PM

Thanks everyone!

1. Sleeping Warriors

2. Desert Terror

3. Endrum Remnants

4. Sakura Blast

5. The Dark God

Those are my favorite missions in the game :)

Poignantswine
Jun 25, 2008, 10:06 PM
For what it's worth:

1. Grove of Fanatics
2. Dancing Birds
3. Desert Goliath
4. Lightning Beasts
5. The train...you know, the one with all the shooty hyoomans.

lee-san
Jun 25, 2008, 10:30 PM
That'd be great especially since I hear White Beast music in my sleep now...

Freshellent
Jun 25, 2008, 11:35 PM
To those of you that would like to see it in action, a new question: What would be your top five picks as far as missions go?

Bring back the old spawns for Desert Terror, Desert Goliath, Demons Above, and Moonlight Beasts. They used to be much more difficult, now many of the monsters have been removed and replaced with pissant Naval/Ageeta spawns. So the missions, instead of being fun and somewhat challenging have become Lord of the Rings: A Movie about Walking.

I'd love it to somehow involve these maps, but ONLY if the spawns were what they were way back in v.1.

My choices again are:
- Desert Terror
- Desert Goliath
- Demons Above
- Moonlight Beasts
- Duel Sentinal

I can't stress this enough though, DON'T FREAKIN' BOTHER IF THE SPAWNS AREN'T FIXED. I really miss the old map set ups, I was pretty ticked when they changed way back when. The point is, the maps were GREAT before the nerfs. Tons of fun to be had, this would be a great excuse to bring them back to their former glory.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
I support thee

BRING THE OLD SPAWNS :P

Para
Jun 25, 2008, 11:55 PM
Oh yes the fun old spawns in Moonlight Beast with Kamatoze running around and the dozens of Grinne Bete Cs in Desert Goliath.

Would be nice bumping some of the party missions up a noch in levels so S ranks would drop in them... Party missions are so underplayed (like Eastern Peril, Forest infiltration, Rogue's Shortcut, Stolen Weapon etc)

Blueblur
Jun 25, 2008, 11:56 PM
Haven't been around here for a few weeks (or on PSU for that matter) andI just saw this thread. This seems like a great idea. I'd to see more of these type of special events more often.

Gen2000
Jun 25, 2008, 11:56 PM
(fucking hard to solo but would be a great group run if the rewards didn't suck)

Y'know I'm all for this idea just so people will hopefully realize that White Beast isn't even all that or absolute for "rewards". Almost every other AoI mission gives similar if not greater EXP/MP/meseta for almost the same amount of effort if a whole group just focuses their attention elsewhere.

from psupedia:

White Beast S - 12525meseta 216MP
Eletronic Brain S - 13425meseta 231MP
Awoken Serpent S2 - 15250meseta 261MP
Bruce S - 20000meseta 370MP
Egg Thieves S - 22000meseta 400MP
Her Secret Mission S - 24000meseta 450MP

etc, etc.

And on top of that the missions besides the co-op missions drops Srank [b] way more often than White Beast S so I never really understood this "every mission that isn't White Beast sucks for rewards" mentality some of you people toss around.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 26, 2008, 01:52 AM
I'm all for it.

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 02:04 AM
Oh yes the fun old spawns in Moonlight Beast with Kamatoze running around and the dozens of Grinne Bete Cs in Desert Goliath.

Would be nice bumping some of the party missions up a noch in levels so S ranks would drop in them... Party missions are so underplayed (like Eastern Peril, Forest infiltration, Rogue's Shortcut, Stolen Weapon etc)

especially crimson beasts and true darkness :D

shadowsniper6
Jun 26, 2008, 02:44 AM
What would be your top five picks as far as missions go?

if i may ask Why only 5?
The Dark God, True Darkness, Lightning Beasts, Dancing Birds, Lonely Laboratory
that is 5 i think

Criss
Jun 26, 2008, 02:48 AM
I miss the old Desert Goliath maps with three or more Grinna Betes every 2 spawns. PSU needs more challenging missions, whether it's maps with spawns of a dozen monsters at the same time, endurance missions, or maps with paths that split off and each side has to complete puzzles and defeat spawns to allow the other side to continue, etc...

The main problem is with PSU's own design. There are several flaws that make the game really hard to get around and find good teams, especially in underpopulated servers. So really, I don't think the hotspot issue can ever be fixed until we get a major expansion or overhaul of PSU, being caused by a fundamental design flaw.

In any case, back to the Promoted Mission idea. It certainly can't hurt to take players' attention away from the hotspot, but I don't think it it's such a great idea to promote one mission. By promoting one single mission, you're effectively just switching the hotspot to a different location instead of fixing the issue.

So instead, I'd suggest promoting a set of missions, or a set path (for example, Train > Endrum Remnants > Ragnus) on one planet, then switching to a different path mid-week on the same planet. Then the following week, repeat for another planet. And maybe try to select some unpopular missions, like Moonlight Beast > Holy Ground > Eastern Peril, or Mine Defense and Tunnel Recapture.

Or having the GMs move around from one lobby to the other on a planet and having players follow them by doing the missions inbetween might also be a good idea. This could be a better organized World Tour of each planet and a different planet could be chosen every week.

I don't know exactly how much power GMs have ingame, but checking which missions have been done by players and awarding those that successfully followed the GMs around each lobby or have completed each mission of the World Tour with various prizes would be great incentive for people to actually try for variety.

Edit: And as for choosing 5 missions, I'd say go for the most challenging or rarely done missions.
-Lonely Laboratory
-Tunnel Recapture
-Endrum Remnants
-Grove of Fanatics
-Military Subway

Rust
Jun 26, 2008, 07:51 AM

I think the five people requirement for Forest Infiltration in order to get a S rank is too much. Nobody ever bother doing it and 5-people parties are just slicing in butter spamfest.
The fact it was a hotspot put aside, I like Crimson Beast for the change of fields at mid-mission, as well as Duel in the Ruins and Cost of Research.

Colonel Mustard
Jun 26, 2008, 08:14 AM
Oh, you poor, poor children.

The GMs cannot change in-game components. At best they can handout good rares in trades or offer you real world garbage. You won't see upped drop rates or experience. No mobs will be adjusted. No MPs will change. No meseta rewards will change.

What we have here is RubyEclipse trying to offer you a joke of an "event" in order to distract from the fact that ST is not giving us real updates.

And you are all typing away with a giant hook in your cheek.

Don't fall for it.

Arika
Jun 26, 2008, 09:46 AM
dunno how did I miss this topic, but..
OH, Ruby, you are the best GM ever! :)
It is really nice to have an GM that understand player view. no matter how good is it, do the same thing over and over will result in leaving the game.

It would be nice to make different hot spot every week and may be do something to promote that particular missions.
for example : drop boost, but I think that might be hard
I think you might join random party that are playing there and give them exclusive item like real hand gun, real hand spear, MAGMAG soniti. That should be enough to tempt people to play the missions. Since in JP, they hand this kind of stuff with GM event, and people participate only to get them. :wacko:

Mman2000
Jun 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
Y'know I'm all for this idea just so people will hopefully realize that White Beast isn't even all that or absolute for "rewards". Almost every other AoI mission gives similar if not greater EXP/MP/meseta for almost the same amount of effort if a whole group just focuses their attention elsewhere.

from psupedia:

White Beast S - 12525meseta 216MP
Eletronic Brain S - 13425meseta 231MP
Awoken Serpent S2 - 15250meseta 261MP
Bruce S - 20000meseta 370MP
Egg Thieves S - 22000meseta 400MP
Her Secret Mission S - 24000meseta 450MP

etc, etc.

And on top of that the missions besides the co-op missions drops Srank [b] way more often than White Beast S so I never really understood this "every mission that isn't White Beast sucks for rewards" mentality some of you people toss around.

How did my statement that "the rewards suck at electronic brain" imply that White Beast was the only rewarding mission?

And the rewards *do* suck at electronic brain. It's a long course with several hard enemies where item boxes are few and far between that gives MP similar to missions that aren't nearly as hard to run.

Gen2000
Jun 26, 2008, 11:11 AM
Because the common pro-reason why White Beast is good is "because it has good rewards and easy" as if it's the only mission with "good rewards and easy".

With 6man party 1 or 2 level caps ago back when Mother Brain S was a hotspot for about week it could be completed within like 16min with Srank. Last I check the average WB run ranges from 10-12min. Is 6 more min really that bad for an actual chance at some Srank boards, more exp and more meseta (included from the enemy drops)? 6man party = easy mode for any mission in this game. Now with all the lv.130s and Paradi wearing Casts it should even shorter and/or easier now.

What hard enemies are there? Delsabans still give people trouble? They get blitz'd too hard in a full man party to even matter anymore. Seed-Armite dies in like one Jarborga now, 2 or 3 Spiral Dance/Absolute Dance/Bobba Zubba, and FG/PT/GTs rapes it with shotgun. etc, etc. What enemy is left that could even be considered hard there? It's like people haven't fight any non-WB enemies in so long to notice how weak they are but this attitude won't change so whatever.

Mman2000
Jun 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
Because the common pro-reason why White Beast is good is "because it has good rewards and easy" as if it's the only mission with "good rewards and easy".

However I didn't say that in my post, nor am I someone who spams white beast. I never said white beast was the only mission with good rewards, just that Electronic Brain wasn't one with good rewards.

With 6man party 1 or 2 level caps ago back when Mother Brain S was a hotspot for about week it could be completed within like 16min with Srank. Last I check the average WB run ranges from 10-12min. Is 6 more min really that bad for an actual chance at some Srank boards, more exp and more meseta (included from the enemy drops)? 6man party = easy mode for any mission in this game. Now with all the lv.130s and Paradi wearing Casts it should even shorter and/or easier now.

It depends on what the drops are and how many there are, if (as my experience suggests) enemies in EB don't drop a shitload of items, 3 WB runs will proove more rewarding than the 2 EB runs that could be done in the same amount of time.

What hard enemies are there? Delsabans still give people trouble? They get blitz'd too hard in a full man party to even matter anymore. Seed-Armite dies in like one Jarborga now, 2 or 3 Spiral Dance/Absolute Dance/Bobba Zubba, and FG/PT/GTs rapes it with shotgun. etc, etc. What enemy is left that could even be considered hard there? It's like people haven't fight any non-WB enemies in so long to notice how weak they are but this attitude won't change so whatever.

I didn't say it was hard in a party, I said it was hard to solo. As for the enemies, they're not hard individually, it's the length of the course and the number of them that makes it hard. A single FF can only go so long before running out of trimates or photon charges. If I have to spend a lot on resuppling myself with scapes, photon charges, and trimates each block and the reward isn't that good, I won't bother.

Rust
Jun 26, 2008, 01:41 PM
give them exclusive item like real hand gun, real hand spear, MAGMAG soniti.

DO WANT ! :wacko:

Gen2000
Jun 26, 2008, 05:17 PM
But EB does have good rewards for a party (I already posted the comparison to White Beast S vs. EB S). I've been solo'ing it with my variety of classes from FF to even FT, it's not hard to solo but this whole issue is about party-play and if it's not hard with a party and doesn't take long then there isn't really an excuse but oh well.

Zarode
Jul 1, 2008, 03:19 PM
But EB does have good rewards for a party (I already posted the comparison to White Beast S vs. EB S). I've been solo'ing it with my variety of classes from FF to even FT, it's not hard to solo but this whole issue is about party-play and if it's not hard with a party and doesn't take long then there isn't really an excuse but oh well.

People are just wimpy, that's all.

BFGfreak
Jul 1, 2008, 03:41 PM
Well first off, wasn't GBR supposed to do the same.
That said, I personally think it's great, albit limited, but I do want to see more of this type of involvement. IMO, if we had both these types of GM events, along with regular updates (that's another soapbox, so I won't go there) this game would actually make up for various technical shortcomings.

(besides, how many GBR's has JP had since it was anounced, 3)

Llord Bacchus
Jul 1, 2008, 04:29 PM
i just run where my friends are going - usually it's white beast and for rare's (jao hunting) but i have been wearing them down lately on hunting elsewhere - i think the final straw last night was them seeing how much jao decos and meow mustaches are selling for - lol

think we may head over to the amf for a while now ...

Nitro Vordex
Jul 1, 2008, 05:49 PM
White Beast sucks.

And that's a fact.

Eyce_Theon
Jul 1, 2008, 06:23 PM
I like the way this was done last night, with two missions to choose from at the location. That being said, my choices are:

1) Desert Goliath/Lonely Laboratory
2) True Darkness/The Black Nest
3) Rainbow Beast/Grove of Fanatics
4) Demons Above/Moonlight Beast
5) Plains Overlord/Sleeping Warriors

Not exactly in that order, but those are the only 5 locations I can think of that have two 100+ S2 missions available at them.

Arika
Jul 1, 2008, 08:37 PM
Hmm.. prefer in game reward, since I don't think I can get it at Australia.

Zarode
Jul 1, 2008, 08:49 PM
So, what I thought was right: Nothing ingame to promote these missions besides OH HEY LOOK THERE ARE MISSIONS OTHER THEN WHITE BEAST.

:|

I'm kinda disappointed. At least a slight increase to drops and exp would be nice.

Ken_Silver
Jul 1, 2008, 10:16 PM
So, what I thought was right: Nothing ingame to promote these missions besides OH HEY LOOK THERE ARE MISSIONS OTHER THEN WHITE BEAST.

:|

I'm kinda disappointed. At least a slight increase to drops and exp would be nice.

GM's don't have that kind of power. Only Sega of Japan does and they don't like to use it.

Abashi76
Jul 2, 2008, 01:10 PM
Take a look at these:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/arabian_disco/psu20080625_110153_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/arabian_disco/psu20080625_110202_001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

School is out now if I'm not mistaken. I know it's the morning (11AM EST), but the game is virtually empty during earlier hours, and that's a lot worse than before...and this is with Jaggo Sonichis around. And now, we have to deal with weeks without content? Ouch. Time to go play something else in the meantime.

Time to merge our servers with JP, and give us an official English Universe. I don't see how we can continue with such a low population server. If we were with JP, we would get all the updates; and be able to play with them if they're isn't anybody around where you plan on going > more to do.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu15623.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kizeragi
Jul 2, 2008, 02:26 PM
There's one very small problem, if we merged with JP, no MAG = bawwers = People quiting. We would also miss Dengeki and the event right now, Shred the Darkness.

Abashi76
Jul 2, 2008, 02:29 PM
There's one very small problem, if we merged with JP, no MAG = bawwers = People quiting. We would also miss Dengeki and the event right now, Shred the Darkness.

An even greater problem would be that one of their updates would nerf our techs. I think they should do it after MAG.

I hope the JP players complain about the nerfed techs.

AlphaDragoon
Jul 2, 2008, 05:41 PM
O.O at that picture of the no. of stars on Japanese servers.

No wonder SoJ doesn't give a damn about us. :(

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 05:46 PM
Time to merge our servers with JP, and give us an official English Universe. I don't see how we can continue with such a low population server. If we were with JP, we would get all the updates; and be able to play with them if they're isn't anybody around where you plan on going > more to do.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu15623.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I wanna merge with them NAO. I don't care if we loose out on the MAG and other events. We'll get new ones over there. I'll even give up my Sange for this to happen. And anyone whose read my posts on this site knows I really want that Sange.

Powder Keg
Jul 2, 2008, 05:52 PM

I'd rather not have them at all and merge with JP than go through what we went through with MAG again.

Mman2000
Jul 2, 2008, 06:01 PM
O.O at that picture of the no. of stars on Japanese servers.

No wonder SoJ doesn't give a damn about us. :(

If they want NA to ever put up higher numbers, they'll have to start giving a damn soon. That or shut down the servers...

Chuck_Norris
Jul 2, 2008, 06:12 PM
An even greater problem would be that one of their updates would nerf our techs. I think they should do it after MAG.

I hope the JP players complain about the nerfed techs.

That's hardly a problem. Why the fuck do you care so much about that? It has no effect on the gameplay. It just makes you look like an e-peen stroker whinning about it.

The real big problem with that idea is that they'd need to translate the updates into english before getting them out. So, that would delay Japan's updates. And I'm sure the Japanese players will NOT have that.

autumn
Jul 2, 2008, 06:47 PM
1. Desert Giliath
2. Seed Awakened (I can't run this solo and can never find parties there and it drops shinies)
3. True Darkness (quick with nice rares)
4. Grove of Fanatics
5. Demon's Above

I figure even if I'm in a party most of these have decent drops and I'd be glad to have any of them. Hive missions are a favorite despite the megid, I adore bouncing gaozorans off of room corners with regrant.