PDA

View Full Version : Free but not really "Free"

Shadix
Jun 25, 2008, 04:33 AM
I think I'm starting to wish I had cancelled my account right after the supposed "free period" started. I was billed on June 2nd, well into the "free period", and my next billing is on the 29th.

wtf gives?

RubyEclipse
Jun 25, 2008, 04:38 AM
The free period was a promo that tied into the Error 65 compensation stuff - all inactive accounts could play for free, all accounts working properly were billed normally.

Anyone who got hit by 65 and was promised a free month via support will get it, if you have not just contact help.sega.com and talk to Edward - he can verify and credit your account if this happened to you, or if you were billed twice in one month.

If you never had any issues logging in or never lost playtime to Error 65, then the free play for inactive accounts would not have had any real effect on your billing.

Indica
Jun 25, 2008, 04:46 AM
I never got any free period, not sure what that is all about.

I was billed

April 4th

May 29th

June 6th

July ?

EMPYREAN
Jun 25, 2008, 05:06 AM
I never got any free period, not sure what that is all about.

I was billed

April 4th

May 29th

June 6th

July ?

well like ruby said, ppl that had not experienced 065 during MAG would not get the free period.

Indica
Jun 25, 2008, 05:15 AM
I did though, and was 065 for almost a week. I'll probably complain

RubyEclipse
Jun 25, 2008, 05:23 AM
You don't need to complain, just write into help.sega.com and let them know.

Vent
Jun 25, 2008, 06:00 AM
well like ruby said, ppl that had not experienced 065 during MAG would not get the free period.

Actually, I didn't get 065'ed either, yet I got a free period. I canceled my account just after the free period started. I didn't knew about it at that moment, since I just decided to take a month break till MAG extension hits the servers. But I could still log in normally with an inactive account.

EMPYREAN
Jun 25, 2008, 06:18 AM
Actually, I didn't get 065'ed either, yet I got a free period. I canceled my account just after the free period started. I didn't knew about it at that moment, since I just decided to take a month break till MAG extension hits the servers. But I could still log in normally with an inactive account.

well on friday u cant any longer

Shou
Jun 25, 2008, 11:09 AM
EVERYONE was supposed to be able to play free for 1 month. Why do you think Segac said invite your friends back that quit PSU to give it another shot?

Shadix
Jun 27, 2008, 01:00 PM
You don't need to complain, just write into help.sega.com and let them know.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTerritoryName() on a non-object in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/themes/client_default/segawest/classes/MyTemplate.class.php on line 79

I suspect foul play! Anyways, like person above said, I remember the free play announcement applying to everyone. Why on earth would they let random people who haven't played in months come in and play for free while making half of their active players pay still.

I'll see into talking about SEGA about it (once the support desk works again.)

Rust
Jun 27, 2008, 01:40 PM
Interesting. I got no free period at all since I've been billed on 29th and 30th of May, so I didn't get any benefit from the free period as I got aware of the cancelling account "trick" after I got billed. My cancelled subscription lets me play 'till on Sunday, while the free period ended today.
I filled in a support ticket for my twin-billing to get one of them credited back, but according to Ruby's words here, I should get at least two weeks of free playtime (the length of my 065 error), which I didn't get at all. Gotta send a new ticket.

Alura
Jun 27, 2008, 02:29 PM
The free period was a promo that tied into the Error 65 compensation stuff - all inactive accounts could play for free, all accounts working properly were billed normally.

Anyone who got hit by 65 and was promised a free month via support will get it, if you have not just contact help.sega.com and talk to Edward - he can verify and credit your account if this happened to you, or if you were billed twice in one month.

If you never had any issues logging in or never lost playtime to Error 65, then the free play for inactive accounts would not have had any real effect on your billing.

i think thats a lie well for me. i got 065'd. it took 3 weeks to fix it. i got a week and a half to play mag before it ended. i was billed on may 29th then june 10th.
my month wasnt so much free i did contact sega support and i didnt get any mail... but mailed them again last week and said they would credit my account for the double billing >>

XFoxPrower
Jun 27, 2008, 06:46 PM
Fatal error: Call to a member function getTerritoryName() on a non-object in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/themes/client_default/segawest/classes/MyTemplate.class.php on line 79

The fix: Go to http://www.sega.com and click the link to Sega Pass. When the page loads, you should no longer get that PHP error from http://help.sega.com. It seems to be doing that if the sega_preferred_territory cookie doesn't exist.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 27, 2008, 07:09 PM
The fix: Go to http://www.sega.com and click the link to Sega Pass. When the page loads, you should no longer get that PHP error from http://help.sega.com. It seems to be doing that if the sega_preferred_territory cookie doesn't exist.

Nope. Still doesn't work after that.

furrypaws
Jun 27, 2008, 09:08 PM
I suspect foul play! Anyways, like person above said, I remember the free play announcement applying to everyone. Why on earth would they let random people who haven't played in months come in and play for free while making half of their active players pay still.

Because it wasn't so much a "We're sorry we screwed up, here's some time" as much as "We need an excuse for taking down the Billing Site so it doesn't look like we screwed up again".

It could be looked as killing two birds with one stone.

Magical Trevor
Jun 27, 2008, 09:27 PM
EVERYONE was supposed to be able to play free for 1 month. Why do you think Segac said invite your friends back that quit PSU to give it another shot?

note that you said 'invite friends back' dude. the accounts either had to be erroring or had been 'inactive' to get the free month. not any new accounts. I personally buy in the 6 month chunks, and being from day one my sub expired just after the free period started so i rode on the free month. i kinda got lucky with that, but if i hadn't i wouldn't have minded.

why sega let the inactive accounts play for free idk, but it was prolly just a move to get some people that quit early (like in the first months of the game) back.