PDA

View Full Version : Why cant us Guntechers use S-rank cards???

Kinji
Jun 25, 2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it really bugs me that we dont have S-rank Cards.

chaoskila
Jun 25, 2008, 05:24 PM
dont sweat cards.
they suck.
use a Xbow.

The_Gio
Jun 25, 2008, 05:26 PM
ewww Xbow,use machine guns they deal more than decent damage

Kinji
Jun 25, 2008, 05:28 PM
No not really. I would rather use a card then an Xbow

I feel cheap when i use Machineguns oddly I dont know why.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
I also think it would be nice to have S rank cards on GT (if someone says that GT has too many S ranks, I would trade S rank ranged mags for S rank cards anytime >_>).

I guess GT doesn't have S rank cards for the same reason WT doesn't have S rank whips, for example...

Zorafim
Jun 25, 2008, 05:33 PM
Ew mechineguns, use handguns they can be aimed in first person view.

CelestialBlade
Jun 25, 2008, 05:35 PM
Machineguns suck, especially on Guntechers. I'd trade those for S-rank Cards in a heartbeat. Or S-rank R-Mags, who the hell uses those as a GT?

Kinji
Jun 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
lol I tried to make good use of the R-mags once but failed horribly. But yeah i would also trade them for S-cards to, and I like using them because no one uses them anymore from what i've seen.

Dakkon
Jun 25, 2008, 06:02 PM
Machineguns suck on Guntechers.

Fixed.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2008, 06:05 PM
lol I tried to make good use of the R-mags once but failed horribly. But yeah i would also trade them for S-cards to, and I like using them because no one uses them anymore from what i've seen.

I use cards too with my GT (and alot of other GTs use cards, probably xD)
(I have a Card Regas 6/7 ^^;)

Gryffin
Jun 25, 2008, 06:07 PM
I strongly agree with thiisssssssss. R-mags are basically worthless on GT's, because it takes away the Left slot. And whoever said cards don't do alot of damage, is incredibly mistaken. I hit over 1000 per shot (not per card...) on Falz/De rol with the appropriate element at level 21, and I can hit him at almost any given angle..... AND THIS IS WHEN I'M FT.

GT's deserve Cards, I wanted them long before we got Bows... To bad it'll never happen.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
Crossbows or GTFO

Imo

<3

Magus_84
Jun 25, 2008, 06:22 PM
I think Cards may end up being stronger than Crossbows with both at 40. The higher element and 15% ATP advantage may somewhat compensate for the slower firing rate. Assuming you use the strafe-shot trick. There's also the benefit of being able to be at a longer range away and still get the full damage on one target.

Fully prepared to be wrong on this, but I don't have a card at 40 yet either. GT's the only one with 40 bullet cap and cards, and Card maintains good growth on ATP from 31-40. Both these factors seem to be overlooked in most GT guides I see, so maybe this is that rare case of a benefit going unnoticed for a while.

More likely though, I'll end up being spectacularly wrong. >_>

I do use crossbows, for the record. I have 4/6 of the elements and Zagenga.

Oddly enough, I don't really care about S-Rank Cards. Most of 'em look dumb, and aren't that huge of an improvement. Though I'd gladly ditch S-Rank Bows for...well...anything.

Syl
Jun 25, 2008, 06:57 PM
I have every single card at least at 37 now (haven't worked on em at all since we got the PA rebalance lol), the damage isn't something to ignore or to let go waste to. Doing ~650 per blade is beautiful. And that's with just level 21 buffs :3 (this is with a 10/10 Mira-kikami)

I don't see why not, but then again we already have a lot of S ranks. Like Typheros said, I'd be glad to trade in R-Mags, they're pretty much a waste on GT...

The only reason I don't foresee this any time in the future is because it will make everyone bitch and moan >_>

unicorn
Jun 25, 2008, 07:18 PM
FF and PT have more S-ranks than GT, and they're both much easier classes. It wouldn't hurt to give GT atleast one more S-rank.

Arika
Jun 25, 2008, 08:53 PM
I think because they want GT user to use xbow and mechgun.
and I love the first answer, really true, it is the same as WT can't use S rank whip.

Para
Jun 25, 2008, 08:56 PM
It's pretty much known that Xbows are a staple on GTs. No Xbow = fail.

Koiwai_Keiji
Jun 25, 2008, 09:55 PM
I loved the GT class, cards weren't your choice for SE but it was great for damage and staying away with its homing targeting and handgun range. Way back, it was basically a safety wep to use when the melee rush in to get barta'd and once in awhile go in reverser/resta. Going in with a xbow helps SE things faster and get you within that short reverser/resta range. So xbow / cards; its preference.

I agree that I would much rather have s rank cards than an srank range mag, its just better for GT and could be one of its stronger weapons in GT arsenal. Why we don't have it is that the jp haven't complained enough about it, only fighgunner gets added sranks...

You could switch to AF though, the grm card in combination with a sanzu-hiken looks quite awesome, as if holding two different bladed twin saber. The AF's atp and speed boost makes a great fan user ^-^

Gen2000
Jun 25, 2008, 11:23 PM
Xbows and Cards aren't even the same, why people keep comparing them.

Anyways, Regas+10 is the same as Shi-kami+10 which is comparable to the 12* Card+3 so it's not a big lost of power for a while and getting a Regas+10 is 1000x easier than getting a Shi-kami to 10 but I agree GTs should get Sranks in them. IMO they look dumb (less dumb if you're char is a female) but it just make sense to me that the class that uses them best should get Sranks for them (same issue with WTs and Srank whips).

Weeaboolits
Jun 25, 2008, 11:31 PM
I don't understand the comparison either, they aren't similar at all.

at any rate, as Arika said, same reason WT can't have S-rank whips.

Edit: Also why the hell does it get S-rank mechguns and fortegunner doesn't? How the hell is a machinegun techer-oriented?

Crossbow makes a bit more sense since it's a bow, even if the function is completely different.

creativehope
Jun 26, 2008, 12:34 AM
I don't think its about the mechguns being more techer oriented, I think its the fact that the mechguns are a faster firing auto-strafe weapon more than anything

Criss
Jun 26, 2008, 01:58 AM
Cards are completely underrated. They are a GT's most damaging weapon for single targets when using the right element on a high-level bullet. I do nearly 700 x3 dmg per fire card shot on De Rol Le on S2, without any ATP boosting unit. That's pretty damn strong for a weapon that not only allows you to strafe past attacks while still shooting, but can also be paired with a resta wand. Oh, and cards automatically target high or low targets without having to enter first person mode.

Cards are not too useful during missions in bigger team since the delay between firing the cards and hitting the enemies usually mean lots of lost shots because of the speed at which enemies die. But against bosses and tougher monsters, it's deadly. I'm pretty sure a GT with lv 40 ground cards can solo Magas on S2 easier than any other class.

Edit: But yeah, more on topic, as much as I'd like S cards, they're not really necessary. A grinded Card Regas works great, as well as looking considerably more badass.

Chibi_psu
Jun 26, 2008, 02:01 AM
Machineguns sucks on guntechers?OMFG.twin handguns sucks on guntechers.We are masters of 1 hand guns.whats the point of carring 2 guns when we can carry a wand with giresta?BTW yeah i wish we could have s ranks cards... i love the hoshi kikami

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 02:05 AM
Machineguns suck, especially on Guntechers. I'd trade those for S-rank Cards in a heartbeat. Or S-rank R-Mags, who the hell uses those as a GT?

i like using my preta on my cast ._.

Criss
Jun 26, 2008, 02:13 AM
Mguns are still great for mowing down smaller low-def enemies like packs of badiras. But their best use is still to spread fire on several enemies to flinch them and prevent them from attacking while the hunters safely close in for the kills.

Remember, GTs are all about support, and support isn't limited to Giresta, Reverser and Buffs.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 26, 2008, 02:27 AM
I have both a Card Regas 10/10, and a Mira-kikami 10/10. I won't stress over it. However GT doesn't deserve another S rank, until fortegunner steals one of theirs, it's only fair.

Fortegunner gained nothing new since it came out, and deserve something far more than GT does. Gunmaster will make Fortegunner worthless if there isn't enough to make it stand out from it.

I'd like to see GT with S cards, but I care more for Fortegunner's current state.

Iduno
Jun 26, 2008, 03:59 AM
Personaly I would love S-rank cards, (does't the hoshi-kikami or whatever its called have a nice sound effect), the GRM cards make the change purely cosmetic but I like it lol.

LuigiMario
Jun 26, 2008, 06:57 AM
ewww Xbow,use machine guns they deal more than decent damage

idc about my dignity. I'll use them anyway. The Tuma and the Simba are sick. Just ask a certain chicken here.

Miyuki-chan
Jun 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
I have both a Card Regas 10/10, and a Mira-kikami 10/10. I won't stress over it. However GT doesn't deserve another S rank, until fortegunner steals one of theirs, it's only fair.

Fortegunner gained nothing new since it came out, and deserve something far more than GT does. Gunmaster will make Fortegunner worthless if there isn't enough to make it stand out from it.

I'd like to see GT with S cards, but I care more for Fortegunner's current state.

Gunmaster doesn't get Grenades...
No Grenades = No Big Boss Killer weapon = Fortegunner still has plenty going for it.