PDA

View Full Version : fire emblem or FF tactics

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 07:23 PM
i like fire emblem better, none of that judge law bull shit

Randomness
Jun 25, 2008, 07:32 PM
The laws in FFTA2 are like mosquitos... that give you presents if you ignore them.

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 07:36 PM
yeah but they are still as annoying as hell (if you don't follow them you can't use phoenix downs)

Weeaboolits
Jun 25, 2008, 07:57 PM
And Fire Emblem doesn't even allow revival to begin with.

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 07:58 PM
exactly! that is why it is superior! you must be l33t in order to play else you are all d00med... ph34r the 3mbl3m!

sorry... been reading a lot of webcomics lately...

Randomness
Jun 25, 2008, 08:02 PM
I've yet to have trouble with the laws... the most onerous you'll see is it basically saying don't use a moogle, or don't use a viera.

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 08:04 PM
i've run across two which really suck, you can't miss! and you can't use attacks that effect more then one square! usually i wouldn't give a damn about the second but that means i can't use cure

Toadthroat
Jun 25, 2008, 08:21 PM
Potions are your friend.
Also, there are areas in FFTA which don't allow revival no matter what.
And I've never played a fire emblem game but I know no SRPG can match the epicness of the original FFT.

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 08:24 PM
i've never play the original FFT but i know that its going to be pretty hard to ever beat the l33t awesomeness that is fire emblem: path of audience and fire emblem: radiant dawn

Nai_Calus
Jun 25, 2008, 08:26 PM
fire emblem

Is it anything like D&D?

http://www.iankunx.net/wackoscar.gif

Toadthroat
Jun 25, 2008, 08:29 PM
I lol'd.

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 08:30 PM
nope you guys aren't going to ever let me forget that are you? >.>

Nai_Calus
Jun 25, 2008, 08:44 PM
Nope, we sure aren't. <_>

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 08:45 PM
oh okay then...

Mixfortune
Jun 25, 2008, 08:52 PM
FFT wins.
FFTA, not so much.

Larian
Jun 25, 2008, 10:27 PM
Oh god thats a tough choice...well actually it isn't Fire Emblem has developed form a great game to a possible amazing new us franchize...Maybe even replacing the all loved classic Shining Force. While on the other hand...FFT Began with an amazing start...but have been slowly sliding downhill since.

Maybe it is also because of the whole been there done that, I've been playing FFT for how many years now...And fire emblen only first introduced itself to us on GBA. Also, I kinda like the challenge the static maps of FE gives me...A whole "Hey, I did that well, now how can I do it better!" As with FFT, there is the random battle factor, which could also be fun...but then there will be the what if I tried this...

I guess thats why I've always held Shining Force as my favorite game...well that and the fact I claim it saved my life! XD And like I said, FE is how many games old now (like 8 I think!) and still has so much potential.

Okie...end rant! =D

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 10:30 PM
that and with fire emblem you have to be a lot more careful with health and such considering death is a lot more permanent in FE then in FF

Weeaboolits
Jun 25, 2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, if someone dies in fire emblem they're gone for the rest of the game.

I made it through Sacred Stones with only one death, because I didn't need Knoll anyway, and the chapter I got him in was particularly annoying and I didn't want to start over.

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 10:46 PM
near the end of radiant dawn the enemies have insane attack... i kept having to start over because of the shear amount of one hit KO's that i got

Mixfortune
Jun 25, 2008, 11:00 PM
I'm a huge fan of the classic Shining Force games myself, but they developed off of Fire Emblem, not the other way around. Shining Force was just stateside a lot sooner.

Weeaboolits
Jun 25, 2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah, fire emblem was all the way back on the famicom, it took them 7 games and a SSBM cameo to make it stateside.

TalHex
Jun 25, 2008, 11:57 PM
i don't really know why it took so long... its pretty popular over here... i need to get the gba ones... i only have PoR and RD

Weeaboolits
Jun 26, 2008, 06:16 AM
Advance Wars also is pretty old, all the way back to Super Famicom Wars (possibly Famicom Wars, but I'm not sure on that point), but didn't make it stateside until the GBA came out.

Larian
Jun 26, 2008, 11:53 AM
Advance Wars also is pretty old, all the way back to Super Famicom Wars (possibly Famicom Wars, but I'm not sure on that point), but didn't make it stateside until the GBA came out.

I never knew that...But, I'm not really the biggest fan of Advance Wars. I prefer Stradgey fantasy over Stradegy Military. Unless they made a new G.I. Joe game. I'd be all over that! =P