PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 PSU Billing Info...

Nero_Sparda
Jun 26, 2008, 02:49 AM
Well at first I was thinking of quitting PSU due to boredom and lack of friends. jk And I was thinking of switching to FFXI but the monthly payment is not even worth it. Is it? I heard it was $13 per month. Should I play it?

But anyway if I think about it I may want to play PSU once in a while in case events are up. Now my question is... and I know it may sound like or is a ridiculous question but I was just told different information so I'm a bit confused. Lets say that June is my last month of playing PSU and I decide to set it aside for now. I wont even touch the game. Will Sega still charge me for the monthly fee or they only do that once you log in for that specific month? Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.

Zantra
Jun 26, 2008, 03:00 AM
You will keep being automatically billed, by Microsoft.

To cancel call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and tell them that you want to cancel.

Nero_Sparda
Jun 26, 2008, 03:03 AM
So they will continue to charge you... oh man. What a drag. Well thanks for the immediate response.

Zantra
Jun 26, 2008, 03:04 AM
No problem, welcome to the forums.

Brainwrecked
Jun 26, 2008, 03:19 AM
Also, if you decide to cancel, I think you're guaranteed to have have your character data saved for 3 months. After that it's a toss up, but a lot of people have re-subscribed long after the 3-month period to find their old character data still in tact. The longer you wait, the bigger the chance your inactive character data will fall vicitim to account house cleaning.

Zantra
Jun 26, 2008, 03:24 AM
But, basically, if you quit PSU for a month, and try FF11 (which has a free month, by the way) you can come back to your characters, by re-activating your account, through your xbox.

Nero_Sparda
Jun 26, 2008, 03:32 AM
Yeah I heard about that as well. This one person said he was inactive for about a year and when he resubscribed all his characters and items were left untouched. Its good in a way. Thanks.

Criss
Jun 26, 2008, 03:36 AM
I'm pretty sure the 3-months thing is just some insurance for them to be able to free up some data if the servers ever run out of space. But considering the low population on both servers, I don't think they've ever had to delete any characters.

Nero_Sparda
Jun 26, 2008, 03:36 AM
I guess I could find out myself if FFXI is worth it or not through that free month trial then huh. Have any of you played it though? I was just wondering if its worth the $13 per month.

Shadaki-Kun
Jun 26, 2008, 03:46 AM
I've played FFXI during the week of release and I have to say right now, it's really really really really really boring^6. (But I guess having 4 lvl 75s does that...But then again, there are people that have just about every job at the maximum level). But yeah, when I log in I find myself just standing around...Depending on mog bonanza (chance of winning 100mil gil) this friday, I'll be canceling my account.

Nero_Sparda
Jun 26, 2008, 03:49 AM
Exactly what I heard. FFXI="Boring" plus the small population. Well it sounds like it really isnt worth it. Its just that I'm a fan of FF and I thought it would've been worth looking into. Oh well.

Zantra
Jun 26, 2008, 03:49 AM
Try it, but the best version of it is the pc version. (even though you can use the same account on PC, PS2/3, and Xbox 360)

Plus, it's a free month.