PDA

View Full Version : PSU Massive updates after MAG ?

Kadajenova
Jun 26, 2008, 05:55 AM
OK guys now SEGA is very late about US/EU schedule. We now know for sure we won't have something new till September (MAG -> late july-early august). So do you think SEGA will keep the lazyness after MAG or will they be like : "ok we did so many mistakes, now we have to work hard"

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2008, 06:07 AM
Possibly (if this is their last delay), we'll have MAG extension + Neudaiz GBR mid july, Mission Lightning Carnival Event mid August, Parum GBR mid September, and Shred the Darkness mid October, keeping like this a 4 months delay compared to JP...(with other updates such as 2 new story chapters, remaining blades mission, item exchange missions and master classes being updated during Neudaiz and Parum GBRs).

Arika
Jun 26, 2008, 06:41 AM
Dunno, I think we will get MAG and and only some minor things like the clother /or the collector.

Jacob X
Jun 26, 2008, 06:42 AM
lol judging by their incompetence so far it's gonna be like this for a long long time

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2008, 06:52 AM
Dunno, I think we will get MAG and and only some minor things like the clother /or the collector.

From what the GMs said Dengeki event will be on August and Neudaiz GBR before it...if there are no more delays, it's possible Neudaiz GBR will be on july 18, so we can still get the event on August.
The GMs word isn't to be trusted though...xD

Chibi_psu
Jun 26, 2008, 06:57 AM
i dont really think they will put mag ext and neudaiz gbr together.....the clothier is welcome anyway :D

Ryna
Jun 26, 2008, 07:06 AM
I'd much rather have the Neudaiz GBR than the rest of MAG. At least we'll get some interesting new drops then.

As for the massive updates, it is hard to tell at this point. I get the impression that things are going to be stretched out at this point.

GreenArcher
Jun 26, 2008, 07:17 AM
As much as I want some massive updates...it's just not gonna happen

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 26, 2008, 08:17 AM
nope i doubt SEGA would ever clean up their act they just want our$$ and even if a majority of us quit theyll just shut the servers down

Colonel Mustard
Jun 26, 2008, 08:21 AM
As a dear friend of mine, Al, once said:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

ashley50
Jun 26, 2008, 08:24 AM
Massive?
That's pushing the limits lol.

panzer_unit
Jun 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
I dunno, with the massive load of crap we've been fed since MAG I get the sense ST is basically abandoning the NA market for PSU.

All I'm hoping for is one update that unlocks all the normal-game content as ST throws in the towel on NA servers, but that seems a little far-fetched... it's much more likely they would walk away with the servers running as-is.

Illuminate
Jun 26, 2008, 08:52 AM
I'm sure if SEGA screws us over another ******** will just come up and save the day. xD

Edit: o.o; That's censored? xD...

Danny_Dark
Jun 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
Massive Updates !?...(I don't think so)...

relentless
Jun 26, 2008, 09:46 AM
Massive Updates. We wish. *tries to grab that tiny sparkle of hope* ; ;

RedCoKid
Jun 26, 2008, 10:52 AM
Possibly (if this is their last delay), we'll have MAG extension + Neudaiz GBR mid july, Mission Lightning Carnival Event mid August, Parum GBR mid September, and Shred the Darkness mid October, keeping like this a 4 months delay compared to JP...(with other updates such as 2 new story chapters, remaining blades mission, item exchange missions and master classes being updated during Neudaiz and Parum GBRs).

You're making quite a few assumptions there. Considering the poor communication skills of the GM staff here and the speed at which the JP team can prepare our updates, I don't see how we can catch up. If the two-week MAG extension begins July 18, it'll be over August 1, and we'll get our rewards August 15 at best. That puts us back exactly 7 months! Before AoI the content delay was 3 months! This is not acceptable.

JP content updates:
MAG' permanent mission - JP 1/10 -> US 8/1
MAG rewards - JP 1/17 -> US 8/15
Carnival (Lightning Event) - JP 2/28 -> US 9/26
Master classes - JP 3/27 -> US 10/24
Neudaiz S2 & Fires of Illusion - JP 4/10 -> US 11/7 I.E., NO NEW S-RANKS UNTIL NOVEMBER ... (Think about that for a moment.)

chaostroop3
Jun 26, 2008, 11:33 AM
if they dont give us 5 months worth of updates in one night i will hack the game with my new virus that makes everyone quit PSU and move to PSU 2!

r00tabaga
Jun 26, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ummmmmmm, OK.

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2008, 11:48 AM
Assuming that this MAG extension delay was our last delay, and if what the GMs said is correct this time (most likely there will be more and more and more delays xD)...
Since it was said by the GMs that MAG extension wouldn't delay any updates, on July 18 we'll get MAG extension and we'll get another update
(chillaura said "July 18 is also now when we are expecting the next permanent content update as well.")
It was also said by a GM that Dengeki event would be possibly on August, and Neudaiz GBR would be before Dengeki event.

So if there are no more screw ups and delays, this is are the possible dates we'll get updates without increasing our current delay in updates when comparing to jp (keeping 4 months delay).

July 18 - MAG extension, Neudaiz GBR, new S2 missions (Sakura Blast, Sacred Stream, White Beast, Hill of Spores and Dancing Birds), new mission (Sakura Warpath C - S2) and new rare mission (Phantom Fissure/Fires of Illusion C - S)
August 1 - End of MAG extension, Start of MAG rewards, new missions (Maximum Attack G' + Program DF'), maybe new story mission (Results of Ambition), new item exchange mission (The Clothier), update of The Collector, and also maybe lvl 140 cap + GT update for lvl 30 attack techs
August 15 - End of Neudaiz GBR, Start of Lightning Mission Carnival
September 12 - End of Lightning Mission Carnival (Dunno if it had any rewards, if it had, start of the rewards)
September 19 - Start of Parum GBR, new S2 missions (Lightning Beasts, Scarred Planet, Electronic Brain), new mission (SEED Express C-S2), new rare mission (Mines of Illusion C-S), lvl 150 cap and Master Classes (and all the stuff that was released with master classes).
September 26 - Explosive Duel, High Speed Airboard
October 3 - Remaining Blades C-S2, new story mission (Photon Harvesting)
October 10 - Desert City Armory
October 17 - End of Parum GBR
October 24 - Start of Shred the Darkness

Of course something similiar to this would only happen if ST stopped screwing up and delaying and such...this probably just won't happen, we'll see many more delays to come :3

XGalvatronX
Jun 26, 2008, 11:51 AM
I don't see why people still think we're ACTUALLY going to get Mag. It's not going to happen. This little ploy is a way to keep people paying on the false hope that they will actually get it. Sega will just say "we cannot extend it" and just give us the rewards.

At this point, all this seems like they are just abandoning the NA version of PSU. I wouldn't be surprise if they A) Abandon the servers like they did with the Xbox PSO ones (with eternal Christmas running) or B) Just shut down the NA servers with little to no notice.

They're just milking whatever little income they can from the community at this point.

Celi-Ka
Jun 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
I have very little hope for this game...

But I still have some. I will try to be patient, despite my patience being stretched to the very limit already.

Colonel Mustard
Jun 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
This is, in some sense, I suppose, rather funny:

We have brought up the possibility of canceling the extension and bringing you the rewards sooner, but we only want to do that if it will improve our update schedule for other content and events. We are discussing this with Sonic Team and will see if anything can be done at this point.

-Chill

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=943829&highlight=&sid=82365e27f0a3142fdb436080eefb637c#943829

RedCoKid
Jun 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
July 18 - MAG extension, Neudaiz GBR, new S2 missions (Sakura Blast, Sacred Stream, White Beast, Hill of Spores and Dancing Birds), new mission (Sakura Warpath C - S2) and new rare mission (Phantom Fissure/Fires of Illusion C - S)New S2 missions to draw players away from the event? Plus, PSU has never had that much content in a single update!

August 1 - End of MAG extension, Start of MAG rewards, new missions (Maximum Attack G' + Program DF'), maybe new story mission (Results of Ambition), new item exchange mission (The Clothier), update of The Collector, and also maybe lvl 140 cap + GT update for lvl 30 attack techsRewards have always come 2 weeks after the end of the event, never the following day.

August 15 - End of Neudaiz GBR, Start of Lightning Mission CarnivalAnother event 2 weeks after the end of the previous!?

September 12 - End of Lightning Mission Carnival (Dunno if it had any rewards, if it had, start of the rewards)See above. It's always been a 2 week delay.

Of course something similiar to this would only happen if ST stopped screwing up and delaying and such...this probably just won't happen, we'll see many more delays to come :3Yeah, we'd all like things to pan out the way you said, but it's impossible. There's a 7- month time discrepancy that will only grow longer.

XGalvatronX
Jun 26, 2008, 01:36 PM
This is, in some sense, I suppose, rather funny:

We had already decided to cancel the the extension weeks ago and holding the rewards longer , but we only wanted to do that if it will improve our ability to milk the community out of more money so screw our update schedule for other content and events. We are discussing this with Sonic Team and laughing our asses off at how well this worked at this point.

-Chill

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=943829&highlight=&sid=82365e27f0a3142fdb436080eefb637c#943829

Fixed.

strikershadow
Jun 26, 2008, 01:41 PM
I just hope they change the lobby... I dont want to play this with the sonic music till it closes like PSO did with the christmas lobby >.>

thats how Im seeing it anyway...

Lyric
Jun 26, 2008, 02:02 PM
Another failure in a long, sad history of failures.

strikershadow
Jun 26, 2008, 02:03 PM
arrrrghhhh... question? would blizzard do this to there customers? lets all go there and form a guild!

Cracka_J
Jun 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
arrrrghhhh... question? would blizzard do this to there customers? lets all go there and form a guild!

the sad thing is:
psu in it's current state is still > WoW

no thanks.

strikershadow
Jun 26, 2008, 02:54 PM
the sad thing is:
psu in it's current state is still > WoW

no thanks.

LOL i thought u were serious for a second... psu > any MMO LOL thats a funny joke.

it would have been funnier if ya said PSU > any other game on the market

it would have been even funnier if you said PSU > dog shit

rofl

Cracka_J
Jun 26, 2008, 03:06 PM
sorry mang, WoW falls lower then dog shit on my charts.

but hey, that's just me.

strikershadow
Jun 26, 2008, 03:07 PM
oh you were serious LOL, its cool everyone has there own tastes.. . im just sayin tho other MMO's have a reas customer service... and bigger player bases... and the point was, what do they do different then sega... :(

Cracka_J
Jun 26, 2008, 03:14 PM
oh I agree, but just because the GMs/ST are fail, that doesn't mean I should bail to a game I have absolutely no desire to ever play.

I like the PS series, always have, always will. I'll continue to play and enjoy the games into the future, regardless if ST decides to support them.

strikershadow
Jun 26, 2008, 03:16 PM
whoa man thats definately cool what server you play on, we should play together :D

i liek the die hards, not the die once game overs :D

thebummers
Jun 26, 2008, 04:20 PM
Segac SHOULD be doubling up updates after this ridiculous period of nothing. Just putting MaG back in for 2 weeks in mid-July, and then taking it down leaving us nothing for weeks, does not count as a passable update schedule. That's garbage. People keep forgetting all these updates are already done and tested in Japan. All they have to do is tweak and translate it, and get Microsoft and Sony to approve it. That's it. Assuming they have programmers who finished middle school, they should be able to, usually, with the expection of large events/gameplay changes, turn this stuff over in 2 weeks. When you think about it, all the errors and delays we experience are frickin' pathetic considering all this stuff has already been done in Japan and is not fresh out of the box or untested. It's mild incompetence. It just has to be.

Kylie
Jun 26, 2008, 04:24 PM
I don't; it's expect the unexpected.

I'd hope they'd get it together, though.

Ahkaskar
Jun 26, 2008, 04:28 PM
Eve Online > PSU > WoW.

[/thread]

a-NUB-is
Jun 26, 2008, 04:41 PM
Eve Online > PSU > WoW.

[/thread]

Bold statement :)

Ahkaskar
Jun 26, 2008, 04:50 PM
Bold statement :)
Yeah, I've probably pissed off over half the forum, saying that. :p

But really, saying WoW is somehow better is a total lie. The people who are convinced WoW is better need to stop being trolls and GTFO. I don't think they're gonna get any of us to join their WoW guilds.

xMalphasx
Jun 26, 2008, 06:44 PM
I just hope SEGA doesn't dissapoint us. I've been a huge SEGA fan since I first played Sonic when I was 5(11 years ago). So I really hope SEGA gets it together and starts giving us what we're paying for every month.

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 09:33 PM
i think when our next update does come it'll be BIG. then after that the usual lol

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
New S2 missions to draw players away from the event? Plus, PSU has never had that much content in a single update!

Rewards have always come 2 weeks after the end of the event, never the following day.

Another event 2 weeks after the end of the previous!?

See above. It's always been a 2 week delay.

Yeah, we'd all like things to pan out the way you said, but it's impossible. There's a 7- month time discrepancy that will only grow longer.

sega said themselves Nudaiz gaurdians boost road before mission carnival.

Mission carnival August/September

GBR parum after.

GBR nudaiz barely fits if we get it on the 18TH or right after that.

we'll moist likely get mmission carnival in september.

Just because we dont get what they said doesnt mean they are lying, they had a schedule and things got wrong. this is the schedule they said and if it goes wrong then so be it.

so yes a new event 2 weeks after previous. MAG had nothing to do with our content update schedule so MAG+Nudaiz GBR was very possible, even if it ran through our event.

I hope that clears out your thoughts of the impossible update schedule lol cuz its not, jeeze that update schedule they have PLANNED for us is the only reason i still play. if we dont get one of those 3 things or if we get them completely out of the time span like 1 month after we were supposed to THEN i will stop playing lol