PDA

View Full Version : What do you, my fellow fighgunners, plan on doing?

Elley
Jun 26, 2008, 06:18 AM
With master classes coming out and fighmaster being able to wield the double saber, do you plan on switching to fighmaster or staying with fighgunner?

I'm having a hard time deciding. I really enjoy my guns :(

unicorn
Jun 26, 2008, 06:43 AM
I dont think FM is gonna affect FI that much. It seems like FM is more comparable to FF. A LOT of people play FI for its versatility. So if you're playing FI just for the double sabers, you aren't a true fighgunner.

Magician
Jun 26, 2008, 06:53 AM
Since my favorite weapon is the double saber, fighmaster'll be the way to go for me. Axes are too powerful to ignore, the speed boost the class receives make both the axe and the double saber even nastier.

So if you're playing FI just for the double sabers, you aren't a true fighgunner.

I can't argue that, I play my fighgunner like a fortefighter, nothing but oars.

Yunfa
Jun 26, 2008, 06:53 AM
Fighmaster, increased power + attack speed? hellz yeah! Not to mention gold PA rings.

Kinako78
Jun 26, 2008, 09:51 AM
I am considering Fighmaster, but for my Fortefighter instead of my Fighgunner. My Fighgunner will stay as is.

Cracka_J
Jun 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
I think most people that have a good understanding of the versatility of fighgunner will stay fighgunner.

Just because Fighmaster will have DS's, doesn't mean it will necessarily be an effective weapon choice in that class. I primarily see 1 or 2 DS's on a palette, binded to tornado dance for faster movement. A fighmaster with tornado dance will be at the mobs before most of the party, and be able to jabroga/majarra them to death before most of the party can get a hit in. So while I don't really see them as an effective way of disposing enemies, they will add a huge movement boost to the already speedy fighmaster.

February
Jun 26, 2008, 12:03 PM
I'm tempted to try out FM, but I don't think I will. Like others have said, it lacks the versatility that FighGunner provides me. I like being able to switch between a good handful of weapon types on a whim.

Darklighter
Jun 26, 2008, 12:15 PM
Double sabers are the best but I'm not going Fighmaster to be able to hit a bit harder and faster with them. I'd rather have the versitility of Fighgunner then a one trick pony like Fighmaster. I'll toy with Fighmaster sure, but I would not seriously use it(or any of the master classes for that matter).

Freshellent
Jun 26, 2008, 12:34 PM
Don't think a FM will have much use for a Doublesabers outside of traveling.(Tornado Dance) Provided the access to Axes, Swords, and Spears, their PAs fair a bit better in a lot of regards.

For myself? Nah, there isn't much anyone could do to make me jump ship from Fighgunner. I enjoy my options too much, put too much time into my pallets. FM seems intresting enough, but nothing to make me stick around for a while.

Course, that could change with time. And actually playing the class would help, but yeah. As for now? I'll prolly play the class for few days than switch back.

Csero
Jun 26, 2008, 12:34 PM
I plan on going to FM to see what it's like. My human Fighgunner doesn't do as much damage as others, so I want to see if it will give me an edge. I use nothing but Double Sabers and Twin Pistols anyway. I will miss the pistols, but hell, I have always got my Fortegunner if I want to shoot something.

MSAksion
Jun 26, 2008, 12:49 PM
I can't skip on the versitilty of my Human Fig.

With the huge assortment of weapons including S rank melee and now S rank mobile Strafe-Enabled Guns i just can't make her a Fighmaster.

We all know how Fig works - close in with guns, use melee to mess up the squad of baddies, throw a trap if needed, melee again to have breathing room then use guns to walk out of the danger situation. Its so awesome because you can do it all.

Maybe not with superiority like a ForteFighter or a ForteGunner mind you but you can waltz in and do good enough in any situation.