PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather party with - WT or AF?

dreamcaster0
Jun 26, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm looking to play either of these classes, either a WT Beast who focuses on dagger use and support/healing techs, or just a straight out Human AF with those 1 handed weapons that look so cool. I want to party up a lot, and I was wondering what is more useful and what you all like to play with more? And if you disagree with my race choice for either of them, let me know. Thank you for all of your help! :)

Niloklives
Jun 26, 2008, 09:00 PM
neither class is useful.. pick whichever you think would be more fun and leave it be. if you want to be "useful" make a PT or AT. if you want to kill absurdly fast, FG or FF...arguably Figh. the other classes are mainly just for fun at this point though some are clearly better than others.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 26, 2008, 09:01 PM
I say you go with Beast AF. Wartecher really isn't that good at anything. Pairing a Beast's ATP with that speed boost could work nicely.

Magus_84
The one that's not a douche.

Meaning the whole "pick whichever one sounds more fun." That's the beauty of being able to switch classes on the same character. They even use a lot of the same gear and skills.

chaoskila
CAST FORTETECHER > any wartecher.

If you see a wartecher its probably to go Masterforce.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 26, 2008, 09:05 PM
Wartecher, because you can't spell "Woot!" without "WT".

Chuck_Norris
Jun 26, 2008, 09:08 PM
Wartecher, because you can't spell "Woot!" without "WT".

You also can't spell "WTF" without it either. :wacko:

Ahkaskar
Jun 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
Depends on the player and what classes are already in the party, assuming that's the whole reason I can't just pick both.

Weeaboolits
Jun 26, 2008, 09:32 PM
AT, seeing as it's a support class, WT is an attacker class.

Aorre
Jun 26, 2008, 09:42 PM
Go Acrofighter and enjoy the speed boost.

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 09:43 PM
AF because their stronger than FiG.

hardly less atp and a speed boost

Schubalts
Jun 26, 2008, 11:17 PM
AT, seeing as it's a support class, WT is an attacker class.

There is an F in the op. ;-)

ashley50
Jun 26, 2008, 11:23 PM
Any class is alright as long as he/she knows what the eff he/she is doing...

Freshellent
Jun 26, 2008, 11:29 PM

hardly less atp and a speed boost

... Seriously, do you even think before you fucking post?

As for the topic, it's sorta up in the air. Depends on the player really. Since I play with really badass WT's, and have yet to met a AF that's made me go "Woah, that's pretty sweet." ( No offense to anyone I play with.)

To pick one? WT, I'd rather have decent mix of support and melee than a AF that just uses some Slicers and Claws the whole time.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 26, 2008, 11:33 PM

I lol'ed pretty hard man, can tell you right now AF's are not fucking special

- -

I rather have a WT doing support

Gunslinger-08
Jun 26, 2008, 11:55 PM
Wartecher because so many people think they know the class sucks.

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2008, 12:09 AM
Our question had nothing to do with fighgunner, there's no reason to bring it into the question. WT is better at meleeing than fT, is that a reason to choose it?

Anyway, I can't think of choosing AF as a main, myself. There's just not enough variety in the class to warrant it. It just gets boring after a while, since single handed weapons tend to control the same. WT, however, has perhaps the most variety of the classes. They can do pretty much everything, so you won't get as bored with this class as a main. Not to mention, AF is just another damager that isn't a fF, while WT can support while not doing damage.

You could try doing both classes. There's no reason you need just one main class. It isn't too difficult to support multiple classes, considering how both of them have very few S rank choices.

Miyoko
Jun 27, 2008, 12:29 AM
Depends if the WT is whipspamming or not. If they are, then, AF please >_>

Zael
Jun 27, 2008, 02:14 AM
AF.

Acrofighters kill stuff faster. And anything WT can do supportwise, I can do with disposable items.

Weeaboolits
Jun 27, 2008, 02:21 AM
There is an F in the op. ;-)I misread it, Im tired, leave me alone. :<

Go acrofighter, it's awesome, my main is one.

Mewnie
Jun 27, 2008, 02:32 AM
WT.

AF just rock the Chikki still |3

pikachief
Jun 27, 2008, 02:32 AM
Our question had nothing to do with fighgunner, there's no reason to bring it into the question.

I was just trying to say that AF is a pretty good class jeeze lol

Weeaboolits
Jun 27, 2008, 02:46 AM
WT.

AF just rock the Chikki still |3Hey, it also has Choutou. :<

Seority
Jun 27, 2008, 02:48 AM
Play what you think is fun and be as good as you can at it. Mainly people like players who are good and kind, so just be that guy ^_^
I generally like playing AF myself.

Packrat
Jun 27, 2008, 06:23 AM
Would be nice to see more WTs of course :P. They're a lot more fun IMHO, with a nice variety of weapons and access to techs. As far as who I'd rather party with, I'd have to say AF since I'm already a WT.. ;o

Para
Jun 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
Nothing is too special with AF other than FF wit slicer that plays a bit differently.

Poncho_Jr
Jun 27, 2008, 09:22 AM
Anyone that can help the mission go by faster. Something that a Wartecher surely cannot do...
It was decided by default... go Acrofighter.

Darius_Drake
Jun 27, 2008, 09:47 AM
Whichever one doesn't act like an idiot.

pokefiend
Jun 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
Wartecher all the way! We need more of them!

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2008, 10:14 AM
I was just trying to say that AF is a pretty good class jeeze lol

It's still a logical fallacy. By bringing in an outside class, you're changing the subject. The comparison between AF and FG has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

relentless
Jun 27, 2008, 11:14 AM
I personally prefer WT over AF (and AT btw.).
I just can't get used to Acro-classes, their weapons choice and PAs are too strange for me. ;l
(My friends Dragwind and Ashley are the living examples that Wartecher wins btw. XD)

Darksparda
Jun 27, 2008, 01:28 PM
I have more fun playing WT then AF, though I still play both. I say it's up to you to decide.

Gen2000
Jun 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
The WT can save you money if they decide to play heal bitch but average WT is the least likely class to do so, instead trying to impress/prove that they're not a bad class with whip/majarra spam so I would go with the average AF...at least one that knows that Chikki has been nerf and Choutou kicks it's ass in a majority of old Chikki situtations now.

Never understood the whole "AFs is weak" deal yet Figh teasing is left alone but whatever.

Kylie
Jun 27, 2008, 03:22 PM
I'd appreciate the heals and stuff from a beast WT, but I'd only feel more secure with an human AF.

HELLBOT
Jun 27, 2008, 03:47 PM
i think you should be whatever you want to be but if you want people to accept you more as a support unit be a wartecher if you want to be independent being and fight your own battles be a acrofighter

mvffin
Jun 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
Personally I'd rather have AF team mates. Its much easier to play an AF than a WT, and in general, it seems that random people don't care to learn how to play their classes very well.

DC_Seraph
Jun 27, 2008, 04:32 PM
Does it really matter, I honestly cant remember anytime that i partied with either class...just bc the people i usally run with dont use either or...

ThePendragon
Jun 27, 2008, 05:32 PM
I never realized WT was hated so much . . . :|

Weeaboolits
Jun 27, 2008, 05:59 PM
People hate this game in general too, so who cares, right? :)

chaoskila
Jun 27, 2008, 10:14 PM
I never realized WT was hated so much . . . :|
whats the point in being a wartecher?
soloing? go fortetecher better support and you will probably do more that those ooogly daggers.
Not to mention that guntecher is geting an update for lvl 30 attack techs.
if you ever ever say its fun to be WT i will punch you in the face.
segac failed because they master force require Lv 10 wartecher/ thats stoping me from switching.

short story.
WT sucks
Master force would be better if it needed Acrotecher 10 insted.

DraginHikari
Jun 28, 2008, 12:04 AM
For the most part either class will serve a similar position regardless. Classes don't really seem to break or make a party in this game given a few expections mission wise.

Poncho_Jr
Jun 28, 2008, 07:19 PM
Personally I'd rather have AF team mates. Its much easier to play an AF than a WT, and in general, it seems that random people don't care to learn how to play their classes very well.

Amen to that. Most new Fortetechers nowadays only care about one thing..... Need I say it?

BahnKnakyu
Jun 28, 2008, 07:48 PM
The one that's not a douche.

Meaning the whole "pick whichever one sounds more fun." That's the beauty of being able to switch classes on the same character. They even use a lot of the same gear and skills.

Bolded for emphasis.

autumn
Jun 28, 2008, 09:13 PM
I really enjoy AF and I wasn't expecting to when I put my male human into it. I figured if it was too bad I'd just go FF or FighG after. The speed boost is amazing :D I like 1-Handed weapons better now then I did and if you play your PAs right you deal bunches of damage. As far as slicers go I do keep one on my palatte most of the time and I still like chikki more then choutou despite the nerf. Choutou is a good skill too its just a personal preference for the just attacks on each.

Ruru
Jun 29, 2008, 02:00 PM
Amen to that. Most new Fortetechers nowadays only care about one thing..... Need I say it?

nosdiga?

all the noob fortetechers i see these days have nosdiga 40 and neglect all their other techs. its sad and annoying.

as for AF or WT. i'd say AF. WT is a bit slow on damage, whether its melee or techs. support techs are too low to really help much in a party except resta/giresta of course. the types of weapons they can use are nice and all but still the damage is sub par at most.

AF is fun and fast. does great damage just under fighgunners in terms of atp. great accuracy great dfp and evp (although evp for a melee type can be annoying sometimes, IE kakwane...)

but really its up to you.