PDA

View Full Version : Your take on broken Weapons...

Poncho_Jr
Jun 28, 2008, 05:27 PM
How low would you go?
Having a broken weapon just seems weird to me. I guess it's because of the fact that it will never be able to reach it's maximum output.
I'd be happy with anything/10, because if you're lucky enough, you can still try for a fully grinded weapon. If it's a 9 or anything else, the weapon, in fact, will be less useful.
And cheap as Hell. ;)
So all I'm asking, do you enjoy using a weapon that has been snapped once or twice?
*Discludes any extremely uncommon or weapons that grind well like Psycho Wands, Love Infernos, Gaozoran Rods. etc.*

str898mustang
Jun 28, 2008, 05:39 PM
When it comes to fighting, the lowest I will go is 4 since with melee weaps, it's the % that matters.

Wiz
Jun 28, 2008, 05:43 PM
*Discludes any extremely uncommon or weapons that grind well like Psycho Wands, Love Infernos, Gaozoran Rods. etc.*
Wait, P-wands and Gao rods grind well?

I've been too scared to grind them past 4/10... @_@

Tessu
Jun 28, 2008, 05:49 PM
"x/10" just looks better to me than /9, 8, 7, etc. I have a Shato 5/8, but that's the only broken weapon I'm willing to have. Generally I get them to 5 and if it breaks twice after that I stick with 5/x. If it doesn't break, I get a giddy feeling inside :3

Indica
Jun 28, 2008, 05:49 PM
Wait, P-wands and Gao rods grind well?

I've been too scared to grind them past 4/10... @_@

I didnt have success with my Pwand and it was during the 1up 3* Luck and Grind Boost.

I used only S+10 Grinders and it kept breaking on Grind 5 and 6. My Pwand is now 5/5 but I have 2 other Pwands that will try to get x4 or x5 Grind out of them when we get our MAG rewards.

Poncho_Jr
Jun 28, 2008, 05:52 PM
"x/10" just looks better to me than /9, 8, 7, etc. I have a Shato 5/8, but that's the only broken weapon I'm willing to have. Generally I get them to 5 and if it breaks twice after that I stick with 5/x. If it doesn't break, I get a giddy feeling inside :3

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks that. But this one dude called me an elitist from thinking that. And believe me, I'm not even close to being one.

Tessu
Jun 28, 2008, 05:53 PM
Guess I'm not the only one who thinks that. But this one dude called me an elitist from thinking that. And believe me, I'm not even close to being one.

No way, it's not elitism. I mean, it's not like I look down on other people if they have a broken weapon. But when it comes to personal preference, I like the number 10.

Dragon_Knight
Jun 28, 2008, 05:56 PM
I only consider a weapon "broken" when its grind ability drops past 5. I've only ever had ONE weapon that got to 10 and very few past 5. So after a while of it I simply stopped grinding after 5, the gains afterwards usually don't justify the need to get it to +10 or at the very least past +6 as by the time you get to +5 or +6 the gains drop off significantly.

pikachief
Jun 28, 2008, 05:59 PM
I grind S ranks to 6-8 i grind S ranks 4-6.

Because i only grind my S ranks 4-6, i purposely buy 4/4 5/5 and 6/6 weapons cuz thier so so cheap in price and its not hurting me

The_Gio
Jun 28, 2008, 06:21 PM
I don't really care if a weapon is broken. I also don't care if the weapon has a low percentage. Both of those things really aren't maximum output, to me its more like adding unnecessary power. Don't get me wrong, a nicely grinded weapon is cool and all but in the end if its a rare weapon that I want,then I wouldn't really care

RegulusHikari
Jun 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
Same with me, I hate seeing weapons that aren't /10. Likewise my OCD nature means I'm very particular about weapons that aren't capped. >_>

So I have very little leeway to work with and still be happy with my weapons. :-?

Kizeragi
Jun 28, 2008, 06:48 PM
To me, a weapon is a weapon, no matter how many breaks it has. I couldn't care less, even if it was 0/0.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 28, 2008, 06:50 PM
I wont use any x/9 or lower weapons at all, I'd rather have a 3/10 than a 9/9 of ANY wep except Repca, and even that I wouldn't use it unless it was higher than 36% of whatever element.
A ranks - I have all mine at 10/10 for any A rank that isn't melee (melee weps I don't usually grind at all, but I won't use any A rank melee that isn't at least 42%)
S ranks - I try to grind them to at least 7/10, sometimes I'll stay at 5/10 depending on how much the weapon means to me at the time (Psycho Wand, Blackbull). If I break a weapon before it gets to what I want, I just buy another one (or six) at 0/10 and keep trying to get one as high as I want, OR until I waste too much money that day on a bad luck streak (needless to say, if I can't replace a weapon, I just won't grind it until I can). Again, with melee I won't grind at all most of the time, but I won't use any melee S ranks unless the % is at least 36 (I'm a little more lenient on S ranks).

I don't care if people call me an elitist or not, I play how I want and you can play how you want. I don't talk shit about other peoples' gear unless they talk shit about me or mine first, because I know that I put a LOT of time into getting the things I have, and I realize not everybody has that amount of time to spend on getting items in a video game :/

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2008, 07:14 PM
I once attacked someone with Soren using a wind tome, and it had one use left. I finished the enemy off, but I got an error saying "A wind broke."

I'm not a fan of grinding in general. So much hassle for so little reward. Because of this, I hardly ever grind past 3. It doesn't matter if I can't get all ten grinds on a weapon, seeing how I'm never going to shoot that high anyway. It's just numbers that will never be used for combat.
Of course, if I'm using a weapon that grinds incredibly well, I take back my words. I try to get it as high as I can, so that it's either as good or better as any other weapon I'd be using.

Skyly
Jun 28, 2008, 07:16 PM
X/10 is always hotter then 9/9.. any lower just looks nasty... and even then.. any S rank past 6 grinds i consider hacked (ie grinder glitch).. of course not all are.

Mman2000
Jun 28, 2008, 07:37 PM
As far as I'm concerned, 8 is the lowest number I'm willing to let a weapon break to. Since I'm not using S ranks yet I'm better off going to higher grade weapons than settling for a low grinder.

dentRED
Jun 28, 2008, 07:40 PM
i only use */10-*/8, other than that i guess i wouldnt use... but the normal amount of grinds 4 me usually has to be up to 4.

RegulusHikari
Jun 28, 2008, 07:44 PM
I once attacked someone with Soren using a wind tome, and it had one use left. I finished the enemy off, but I got an error saying "A wind broke."

I'm not a fan of grinding in general. So much hassle for so little reward. Because of this, I hardly ever grind past 3. It doesn't matter if I can't get all ten grinds on a weapon, seeing how I'm never going to shoot that high anyway. It's just numbers that will never be used for combat.
Of course, if I'm using a weapon that grinds incredibly well, I take back my words. I try to get it as high as I can, so that it's either as good or better as any other weapon I'd be using.

Inorite. I just hate it when those Wolfbiels/Rapiers break. :wacko:

On the contrary, I'm only satisfied if a weapon is above 5/x. So basically anything less than 5/5 really pisses me off. :lol: I just don't see the point in holding off SEVEN levels of grinding potential if the weapon is only 3/10 (just throwing out an example, not attacking you in particular). Of course that IS how my Bil De Axe ended up 2/2. :wacko:

But it is true that for the most part grinding is more of a status/epeen value than it is for combat.

GaNksTa
Jun 28, 2008, 08:10 PM
I OCD about broken weapons. I cannot stand them for some reason. Even though I only grind to 3/10 on S ranks, I couldn't stand a 3/9. Two days ago I saw a 5/9 28% Light Spadac up for 3.5, I almost broke my code; I told myself I'd buy it if it was still there in the morning, which it wasn't- I sort of regretted it..

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 28, 2008, 08:38 PM
People like the OP are the ones that make the economy so easy to exploit. A 9/9 or 8/8 are just as good if not better than a #/10, yet are devalued for being broken. Sure the item may not have the potential to make a 10/10, but unless you grind it up to a 10/10 and it doesn't break then your item will never fulfill that potential either.

People pay a small fortune for 7/10 and 8/10 and sometimes even 9/10 items yet they are too afraid to put the last few grinds on them. Why not just buy a 7/7, 8/8 or 9/9 item if you are never going to attempt to grind them up to a 10/10? Purchasing broken items will save you a lot of money and you never have to worry about them breaking or wasting grinders when they are already at their max grind limit.

Skyly
Jun 28, 2008, 09:02 PM
Off-Topic.. But Whats OP?

mvffin
Jun 28, 2008, 09:09 PM
I sell my 0/10's and buy 9/9's. Its true. I'm probably not going to get them to 10, or even 9, so I'll save my grinder costs, and say GL to someone else.

Exceptions to this rule are things that are super expensive, limited time only, not in shops, or 42%+ Melee weapons. Those I will grind myself, preferably in groups. I have like 12 Pushan waiting for the grind bonus (I'm still 10% hopeful on getting this)

Off-Topic.. But Whats OP?

Edit: OP can stand for Original Post, or Original Poster.

nooblet
Jun 28, 2008, 09:41 PM
personally i dont really care what the % or the grind. if the item is broken and cheap, ill buy it if i need it. Hell i brought a 0/9 shiggea destac for like 400k compare to a 0/10 for like 1.5 mil. not to mention the 2/8 (24%) gizaha zashi for 200k compare to 1 mil.

Turb0
Jun 28, 2008, 10:20 PM
I pretty much always have only x/10 weapons, it just looks a lot nicer and on most weapons a few grinds doesn't make a substantial power increase anyway. The only current exception is my 3/9 PW (I was only trying to go to 3/10 and it broke lolz). The only reason I'm keeping it is because it was my first PW and also the first thing I was really dedicated to hunt. Another possible exception is a love inferno if I ever get one, I'm trying to get either an x/10 or 6/6+ one. I could've had a 7/7 a few days ago but that one, shall we say, "didn't work out.";-)

SuperChoco
Jun 28, 2008, 11:18 PM
I usually stop grinding a weapon when it hits the fourth or fifth grind(exceptions to C ranks)
I also find it pointless to grind R-mags(Shadoogs)

Poncho_Jr
Jun 29, 2008, 12:08 AM
I usually stop grinding a weapon when it hits the fourth or fifth grind(exceptions to C ranks)
I also find it pointless to grind R-mags(Shadoogs)

Funny you mentioned that. I think it's safe to say I've never seen a grinded RCSM.

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 29, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'll use a 4/4 striking weapon if it has a high %, but I really don't like anything less than 5/5 (mostly because a lot of my weapons end up that way). I can take any number x/10, but once it breaks, I just feel the need to max it out. Uneven grind numbers (other than x/10) just bother me for some reason. This leads to lots and lots of broken weapons.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 29, 2008, 01:17 AM
People like the OP are the ones that make the economy so easy to exploit. A 9/9 or 8/8 are just as good if not better than a #/10, yet are devalued for being broken. Sure the item may not have the potential to make a 10/10, but unless you grind it up to a 10/10 and it doesn't break then your item will never fulfill that potential either.

People pay a small fortune for 7/10 and 8/10 and sometimes even 9/10 items yet they are too afraid to put the last few grinds on them. Why not just buy a 7/7, 8/8 or 9/9 item if you are never going to attempt to grind them up to a 10/10? Purchasing broken items will save you a lot of money and you never have to worry about them breaking or wasting grinders when they are already at their max grind limit.

You are forgetting that the only reason people REALLY want most weps to 10/10 at all is merely as a status symbol. People don't pay the outrageous prices for caviar because it makes you younger, they pay for it because it screams 'I'm more financially secure than you are!!!'. It's a lot like buying a PS3, it's not worth the money, but it definitely screams that you have money you wanted to waste ;) So when you say a 9/9 wep is better than any x/10 weapon, I personally would disagree. There's only one weapon that I would shame any of my chars palettes with having a 9/9 of, and that's a Repca, because it's usefulness is solely dependent upon it having grinds. As far as people buying 9/10s etc and then never grinding them, I say shame on them! That is one EPIC waste of a good unbroken weapon (personally when I buy weapons, I will either buy the board or just buy a 0/10 to grind myself, sometimes up to a 3 or 4/10 if the prices are right).

Funny you mentioned that. I think it's safe to say I've never seen a grinded RCSM.

I've only grinded Sonichis, gotten 4 so far to 10, and it's kinda different because it's event-only.

AuroraBlaze
Jun 29, 2008, 03:38 AM
I dont mind broken weps that much. Of course they arent the first I look for by no means. It's just hard to pass up on a deal sometimes. I found a great deal today on a broken Grand Cross and I am very happy with my purchase. This probably makes me look like a noob huh? I'd like to consider myself elite but Im probably more of a white trash Guardian and I am ok with that! I like my stuff and that's what counts! :P

RadiantLegend
Jun 29, 2008, 11:11 AM
I dont like grinding. Most of my weapons are 0/10.

relentless
Jun 29, 2008, 11:15 AM
I dont like grinding. Most of my weapons are 0/10.

Same here.. I don't dislike it though, I'm just too lazy. ^^;
What I really would like to have for lulz would be a neutral Kan Yu 0/0. :3

gryphonvii
Jun 29, 2008, 01:24 PM
yeah, I don't mind buying a 5/5 because I rarely am able to grind past that. The only way I would shell out the money for better grinds is if A) its a good deal or B) has good resale value.
In my opinion, grinds don't affect sentimental value, only aesthetic and monetary value.

DemiGT
Jun 29, 2008, 01:44 PM
you talk about if its not /10 its not going to be useful, but a 6/6 is still a stronger weapon than a 5/10. if you complain about breaking a grind, i ask you to try grinding back when you lost the entire weapon then youd have a reason not to grind it.

Ruru
Jun 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
it depends for me really. my 6/9 psycho wand may be slightly stronger than my 4/10's but the fact that its broken does get to me, and the only reason it's now 6/9 instead of 4/x is because it broke going from 1 to 2 which seriously pissed me off lol. after that i didn't care anymore and kept grinding till i got over the fact that it broke.

i have 2 9/9 shatos and 2 8/8 shatos that i love and dont care that they're broken because one they're fully grinded and 2 10/10 is just barely better than 9/9 and even 8/8 shato. now some weapons at 10/10 have a massive jump in stats from 9 to 10. but i really have no luck getting anything that high.

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 02:27 PM
0/10 and 10/10 look good to me, other values bug me.

unless it's 0/0, that's funny.

XFoxPrower
Jun 29, 2008, 02:32 PM
The highest I've ever seen a grind go was a couple of 8/10 Varistas of mine. I start with like 10 of them and I grind them all to 1/10, then 2/10, etc. Not all will survive. But I only keep moving up when I have spares. Then when I get more, I let the new ones catch up to the grinds of the higher ones. Overall, about 40 Varistas broke and have either become PM or offering box food. NPCs also give 9k for them regardless of grind, which is more than you could hope for with a broken weapon in a player shop. I'm picky too :).

Dragwind
Jun 29, 2008, 02:55 PM
In terms of A ranks, I generally try to settle for what I can achieve with the weapon first. If I don't get a +10 or +9, I'll try to get another "stock" weapon to try again with.

relentless
Jun 29, 2008, 02:58 PM
In terms of A ranks, I generally try to settle for what I can achieve with the weapon first. If I don't get a +10 or +9, I'll try to get another "stock" weapon to try again with.

Ever since the update where weapons didn't completely vanished anymore I haven't done this.
Oh joy, I still remember how Dj told me how to make possible money and I stocked up to 36 Howrods just to have 2 grinded to 8 in the end and then sell both for 8mil each. lawl Well, guess in the end I made a bit of profit..

NegaTsukasa
Jun 29, 2008, 05:05 PM
5/10 or higher is my limit. And I don't mind using broken weapons. as long as they don't go below my suited/average level of grind.

-Crokar-
Jun 29, 2008, 05:21 PM
most of my stuff is either not grinded or 1 or 2 grinds. i like having x/10 only one i have thats broke is a 5/9 rattlesnake which ill most likely try to grind it up to 9/9

R2D6battlebot
Jun 29, 2008, 06:14 PM
The highest I've ever seen a grind go was a couple of 8/10 Varistas of mine. I start with like 10 of them and I grind them all to 1/10, then 2/10, etc. Not all will survive. But I only keep moving up when I have spares. Then when I get more, I let the new ones catch up to the grinds of the higher ones. Overall, about 40 Varistas broke and have either become PM or offering box food. NPCs also give 9k for them regardless of grind, which is more than you could hope for with a broken weapon in a player shop. I'm picky too :).

Thats how I grind most things, and then if it's something I can't replace I'll just wait to grind it until I can.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 29, 2008, 07:48 PM
This game attracts too many OCD people.

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 07:54 PM
I like seeing the x/10, but I can usually grind my weapons to 5 or 6, before it breaks. S-ranks, I can grind to MAYBE 4, if I'm lucky. I've only been able to grind one S-rank to I think it was 6, before it broke. ;.; I don't mind having something 6/6, 7/7, 8/8, and so forth. 5/5 is... Okay to my personal preference, but I'd want higher. >.>; I don't have anything against people who have broken weapons or lower percentage. I just have high standards and goals for my characters.

I'm too afraid to grind my one Pwand any higher, and it's only 1/10, lol. XD My other ones are 7/7, 6/6, and 2/7. I like seeing the 10... It's.. Shiny. o.o

CPTCRUNCH
Jun 29, 2008, 08:00 PM
if its broken i would rather it disapear off the pallet.. i dont want that mess. im not the kind running around with a pallet 10/10 either.. all it does is put more money back into the game by being able to sell something that wasnt succesful. I think it looks tacky having these busted up weapons but in the end its a matter of opinion.. there is mine

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 09:27 PM
I actually only bother to grind low-end weapons that grind exceptionally well, like Izlucre (which becomes stronger than rikauteri 0/10 and matches its pp), Suzakihoh (I think that's the name, the 6* yohmei shotgun, it gains an exceptional amount of pp, think it gets the highest pp of any shotgun released to date), and sniper, with its combo bonus with De Colte Line.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 09:31 PM
I love having /10 since im all about money at this point xD /10 gurantees a good buy

Mman2000
Jun 29, 2008, 10:46 PM
I'm another one of those people who doesn't grind weapons unless I've got more for backup in case it fails. Usually when I grind it's after I've found or synthed a lot of weapons that are higher in rarity than the ones I had before. If the current weapons grind high enough, I keep them and put the new ones in storage until I get more ginders. If they fail, I switch to the new weapons and toss the old ones out.

Mewnie
Jun 29, 2008, 11:32 PM
I grind to +5, +6 if I'm feeling lucky. I've noticed that once I get below 'very high' chances, it'll break 99.9% of the time. Asshole grinders X3

The only exception to this is if we get the grind boost from MAG. I have a huge backlog of Card Regas and Shatos I want to grind the hell out of :3

I don't mind broken weapons, as long as they don't fall below my preferred +5/6 range.

GaNksTa
Jun 29, 2008, 11:42 PM
This game attracts too many OCD people.

Ouch... well I do suppose I could settle for a 5/X Agito Repca...thats close to about it..

I only have 2 standards; no breaks and 20%+.

MSAksion
Jun 29, 2008, 11:49 PM
I shoot for 5/10 if its rare. If its common sure i'll grind it until it breaks then i try to max it out. Like 7/7, 8/8, or 9/9.

broken weapons are no concern to me. I figure at least i can use the weapon instead of having it shatter completely like it used to?

Also consider that i will never have a 10/10 Psycho wand. So a 5/9 psycho is just as good since i only need +5 in my stuff.

I have an arsenal of 9/9 Shato and 9/9 Magical Wands. My S ranks all look like 3/9 or 3/8. My Kohibuteri is a nice 5/10 though. somehow i got it there without the use of S+10 grinders.

My pride and joy are my one 10/10 shato, my one 10/10 magical wand, a few 6* 10/10 Kubara rifles, and my 5/10 Deghana Cannon. That was before when it COULD shatter completely.

GregBackwards
Jun 29, 2008, 11:49 PM
Like a couple others said before...

I'm too lazy/scared to grind...but there was once. I was out grinding some Heavy Twins (that came off all wrong...), and I didn't realize one of them was already 6/10, and I was just trying to get the grinding done. I didn't stop to realize the chance was low, but it went through, and now I have a 7/10 pair of them. I digress though.

Like some as well, I'm OCD about the numbers. Many of my weapons don't have many grinds, but are */10. I just like having the feeling that they will always have more potential if they are */10, rather than say, 7/7. Once something is 7/7 or 5/5 or even 9/9, there's some bit of untapped potential in the weapon.

This also coming from the guy that only has a couple melee weapons over 30% :wacko:

Ken_Silver
Jun 29, 2008, 11:55 PM
lol, I need to start grinding my weapons. All of my weapons are at 0/10. I never got the time to grind weapons. I stay broke and low on PA frags. So grinding weapons is on the (far) backburner.

But a broken weapon is fine with me. But seeing a /5 or a /6 is a little unstartling. But if it was a weapon that I wanted, then I'd take it anyway.

Primus30
Jun 30, 2008, 02:16 AM
For me I guess it all depends if I plan on grinding it or not. For the most part, I don't really mind. After all, you can often buy broken weapons at much lower prices.

Iduno
Jun 30, 2008, 03:08 AM
Since I don't grind much and don't want to waste the money spent on a weapon with more grinds trying to get it up further im not bothered how many times its been broken.

(I would actually like to find a 0/0 weapon as long as its cheap)

Sazan
Jun 30, 2008, 03:53 AM
I know that I will never get a S rank weapon to 10/10 or at least 6/10.
So 4/6 or 3/7 is just fine for me.

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 30, 2008, 10:42 AM
Since I don't grind much and don't want to waste the money spent on a weapon with more grinds trying to get it up further im not bothered how many times its been broken.

(I would actually like to find a 0/0 weapon as long as its cheap)

0/0 S-rank items are collector's items due to being more rare than a 10/10. Usually they go for a ton of meseta so good luck finding one for cheap as they may even cost more than a 10/10 would. Another ironic thing is that low % weapons sell for a lot too. There is a 1% Sweet Death that floats around and collects a large sum of money every time it switches owners. Just like a 10/10 is a status symbol, so is a 0/0. In most cases the 0/0 is more rare than the 10/10.

Ethateral
Jun 30, 2008, 10:52 AM
0/0 S-rank items are collector's items due to being more rare than a 10/10. Usually they go for a ton of meseta so good luck finding one for cheap as they may even cost more than a 10/10 would. Another ironic thing is that low % weapons sell for a lot too. There is a 1% Sweet Death that floats around and collects a large sum of money every time it switches owners. Just like a 10/10 is a status symbol, so is a 0/0. In most cases the 0/0 is more rare than the 10/10.

I made a 0/0 Mizurakianoh. It's the only one that I know of that's in exsitance on 360 side. <3 I'm secretly wishing someone would buy it, lol. XD

panzer_unit
Jun 30, 2008, 11:32 AM
I won't use a weapon without grinds, except recently of course I've been leaving everything until Sega figures out what the hell to do with MAG rewards (and having huge inventory space problems because of not getting rid of broken gear qq )

I'll buy broken weapons if they've got good grind levels on them. I probably wouldn't be able to grind it a lot better myself so I'll take it as-is. I don't care if the numbers are ugly or not.

Grinding stuff for myself it depends. On melee weapons I usually have a LOT of weapons to get grinds on so I'll go for something good but easily do-able like +4~+6 depending on rank. For guns and rares where I only need (or have) one I'll go for max grind with my best grinders every time until I hit 0/7 and then I'll just put it to some average grind level and leave it.

For equipment where getting to +10 really matters to me (some Tenoras, Kubaras) I'll sell the weapon the moment it hits 0/9

ThEoRy
Jun 30, 2008, 12:24 PM
5/5 is stronger than 0/10 :)

Ryno
Jun 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
How low would you go?
Having a broken weapon just seems weird to me. I guess it's because of the fact that it will never be able to reach it's maximum output.
I'd be happy with anything/10, because if you're lucky enough, you can still try for a fully grinded weapon. If it's a 9 or anything else, the weapon, in fact, will be less useful.
And cheap as Hell. ;)
So all I'm asking, do you enjoy using a weapon that has been snapped once or twice?

yes! having a broken weapong seems weird to me as well.. evetime when i'm bored I scoll down my weapon pallete what im equiping. and I have somthing 5/9 but it's broken..... if it was 5/10 then i wouldnt be somtimes half and half.. oh well...

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 30, 2008, 09:37 PM

Too true; and more than likely less expensive to purchase.

Nirvash7
Jul 1, 2008, 02:00 PM
I lol at the scrubs who call my palette garbage:

Shigga Baret 0/10
Needle Cannon 0/10
Rattlesnake 6/6
Gur Asted 0/10
Twin Ruby Bullet 0/10

At LV130, the difference in raw power between a 6 and a 10 rattlesnake is maybe around 20-30 damage, which is nothing because I have all my elemental bullets at 35 and above. And a certain scrub that calls himself the "small wonder", who wasted a love inferno board to make an infernoc thinks I'm a scrub because all my weapons aren't at 8 or higher.

Wow, all 11* fortegunner weapons and I'm still made fun of...if Vegeta ever scanned the Retard Level of the people in this game, his scouter and his head would explode.

AlliThePally
Jul 1, 2008, 02:26 PM
I can care less about x/10 or x/8 etc. As long as I can get at least four grinds on it im happy with it

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 1, 2008, 02:27 PM

Shigga Baret 0/10
Needle Cannon 0/10
Rattlesnake 6/6
Gur Asted 0/10
Twin Ruby Bullet 0/10

At LV130, the difference in raw power between a 6 and a 10 rattlesnake is maybe around 20-30 damage, which is nothing because I have all my elemental bullets at 35 and above. And a certain scrub that calls himself the "small wonder", who wasted a love inferno board to make an infernoc thinks I'm a scrub because all my weapons aren't at 8 or higher.

Wow, all 11* fortegunner weapons and I'm still made fun of...if Vegeta ever scanned the Retard Level of the people in this game, his scouter and his head would explode.

A 10/10 Ruby Bullet has much better stats than a 0/10. A 10/10 costs ~25 million depending on which server you are playing on. An 8/8 (still better than your 0/10) only costs ~4 million and has better stats as well. A 0/10 costs 3-4 million and would cost another 2-3 million in grinders to even get close to either the 8/8 or 10/10. Why not purchase an 8/8 for less and still get better stats than your 0/10?

A 0/10 weapon screams n00b. It is nothing personal but you should either grind it up as high as you feel comfortable or use a broken, yet less expensive weapon. Keep your 0/10 in storage but use the 8/8 for missions as the added PP and attack will never hurt. I can understand if you are waiting to hear what will happen with the MAG extension to see if we will get a grinding bonus or not, but once that information is released you should immediately grind that Twin Ruby Bullet once you get 3* luck.

Anyone running around with a 0/10 item is either too cheap to grind it or too afraid. If you are too cheap then you would be better served using broken items as they provide more bang for the buck. If you are too afraid to grind the item then let me put a night light in your character's room. The one exception is if you are using items only temporarily and want to resell them for the full value. In that case you would not want to break the item so I can understand using a 0/10 until you can replace it with a better item.

Llord Bacchus
Jul 1, 2008, 02:28 PM
it really doesn't matter to me - of course i'd like a well grinded weapon and not to spend all the time and $ grinding it over and over again to get a 4/4 item - but if it happens, so be it

that being said, i understand the market enough to know more people value the untapped potential of a x/10 item - so, if i intend on selling the item, i will not grind it at all and sell at 0/10

Zarode
Jul 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
If I have a 0/10 on my palette, it usually means I spent more then 4 hours trying to find it, and I cherish it a little more then the usual person. It's usually personal, kinda like in PSO.

My hard work, my time, don't wanna ruin it.

R2D6battlebot
Jul 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
Anyone running around with a 0/10 item is either too cheap to grind it or too afraid. If you are too cheap then you would be better served using broken items as they provide more bang for the buck. If you are too afraid to grind the item then let me put a night light in your character's room. The one exception is if you are using items only temporarily and want to resell them for the full value. In that case you would not want to break the item so I can understand using a 0/10 until you can replace it with a better item.

What you don't seem to understand is that with people who have a LOT of money, there is NEVER a guarantee that we won't want to sell any given weapon at any given time, for any reason, therefore it's ALWAYS best to keep unbroken things, in the event you might want to sell it on a whim. 0/10 is a little different for Ranged/Tech weapons, I always go to at least 5 on them, and if it breaks I'll sell the 0/9, and take a minor financial loss to try again. As far as that palette goes, I have 10/10 Phantoms that cost a fraction of the price that a 0/10 Rattlesnake costs, and hit harder than it does with more PP. It doesn't make too much sense to me to not grind things at least a couple times, don't get me wrong, I'm against grinding things I can't replace, but Rattlesnakes have a high sell back rate even when they are broken, so in the event it breaks you can just sell it and buy a new one.

youthisoverrated
Jul 1, 2008, 03:44 PM
i swear ponchito you and this question ^_^ lol
x/10 is always going to be better than say a x/4
but i'll still take my chances with anything that's an x/8 or higher. but if it's lower than that i don't buy it unless it's ungodly cheap.

chaoskila
Jul 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
shit if i got a psycho wand 1/1 i wouldnt give a shit.
its still one of the stongest rods out there.

NDW
Jul 1, 2008, 04:01 PM
I used to never grind my weapons and keep them at 0/10 since I was always scared of breaking them and for some reason I thought if I broke them that they would make me feel like my weapons were worthless. But ThEoRy reminded me of an idea I thought some time ago that changed my mind:

If the final product of my grinded weapon is at least +5, then I am happy.

autumn
Jul 1, 2008, 04:02 PM
If it breaks and it isn't x/10 it has to max out. HAS to, I don't know why but 3/9 drives me nuts, I'd rather it be 4/4 then 4/9. Next 3* luck day I get to bungle my p-wand although if it gets to 5/10 I'm done grinding it.

Seority
Jul 1, 2008, 04:11 PM
Mine always brake, so I'm used to running around with 1/7
What an eltiest I am! =D

SYDNEE
Jul 1, 2008, 04:34 PM
I will only carry x/10, if it breaks it get's sold to help buy another. For ranged weapons I strive for everything to be 10/10. On my protranser, everything less the Rikauteri and Needle Cannon is 10/10. For striking, I usually don't push it past 5/10, and at least 42%.

GaNksTa
Jul 1, 2008, 04:39 PM
Woooh! I broke my phobia! Bought my first broken weapon.. 5/9 28% Light Spadac for 4mill... I feel so dirty.. lol.. Well.. now I can make that FiG and give him the 3/10 22% Light GCs..

R2D6battlebot
Jul 1, 2008, 07:09 PM
Broke 6 Conis, 5 Blackbulls, and 2 Meteor Cannons today, but ended up with 7/10 8/10 and a 10/10 Coni, and an 8/10 Blackbull. Sold all the broken ones to help cover the initial expenses for the 0/10s, but well worth it to improve my FG and AT palettes. Now I'm gonna test my luck on some Hirokteris and a Rikauteri.

Kylie
Jul 1, 2008, 07:11 PM
I shouldn't care, but it bugs me a lot because I'm weird about numbers.

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 08:19 PM
my rattlesnake just broke 2-3 and 6-7 and then 4-5, and then once more at 3-4 lol

hunted it for 3 weeks, i really really wanted to find the weapon.

5/6 and it doesnt bother me one bit ^^

Zarode
Jul 1, 2008, 08:53 PM
Wow, I guess I'm the odd one out in this sort of discussion. :lol: A lot of people put up with things that would make me slightly angry.

Though, I have no mercy for 10* weapons or below. :lol: So I guess I'm sort of lying my last comment.

gryphonvii
Jul 1, 2008, 11:19 PM
the lower you'll go just shows your flexibilty, x/10 weapons are for show, its really the x that matters, not neccesarily the /10, now if the x happens to be 10, that is show and practicality.

Tek[+]Lok
Jul 1, 2008, 11:57 PM
I wont be worrying about grinding until I've maxed out my PM's and can synth items worth griding. Plus once my PM's are done I'll have the money to actually afford all that crap.

Jainsea
Jul 2, 2008, 12:53 AM
I don't have lots of monies like some people so broken weapons are a blessing to me :)
The highest I have gotten anything was +7 and that was super ultra luck for me O:
Around +5 is good enough for me!
5/5 anything? Don't mind if i do :D !

Acrofighter13
Jul 2, 2008, 01:08 AM

Shigga Baret 0/10
Needle Cannon 0/10
Rattlesnake 6/6
Gur Asted 0/10
Twin Ruby Bullet 0/10

lol nice vegeta statement lmao funny stuff....and i agree the stat difference isnt enough to compare unless its on an agito repca so yea i agreebtw nice pallete i wish it was mine.....
Blackbull 2/9
Blackbull 2/10
desta 5/8
desta 5/8
mizurakihoh 0/10(killer shot)
Deathmaker 0/10

SYDNEE
Jul 2, 2008, 05:54 PM
I also like some things that are inferior even at 10/10, I always get giggles when I whip out my 10/10 Koltova. I know it still sucks, but it's funny and I like it. Everyone calls it the rabid Koltova:)I carry a Gur Asted for if we're being serious. 10/10 of most anything is just style points.

bLOODSAW
Jul 3, 2008, 01:11 AM
Depends on the weapon. I will say that with a few exceptions, I don't give a damn about grinds on melee weapons, as the vast majority of them gain such an insignificant boost from grinds, that really all I care about is element %.

Poncho_Jr
Jul 4, 2008, 01:05 PM
shit if i got a psycho wand 1/1 i wouldnt give a shit.
its still one of the stongest rods out there.

XD If I ever get my hands on one of those, I'm grinded it once and only once. Maybe twice. It depends... How high is "Very High", 90%? Quite a few weapons have snapped on a very high.

hyperacute
Jul 4, 2008, 01:38 PM
If I fail an x/10 grind, I'll try again for a 9/9 and if I fail that, 8/8 and so on. Usually end up with 5/5s or better but at least, in my mind, the weapon is maxed and I never have to worry about grinding it again. Unless it gets as low as x/4 in which case it usually gets sold to the shop XP