PDA

View Full Version : How Long Have You Been Playing PSU?

Indica
Jun 28, 2008, 09:07 PM
How Long Have You Been Playing PSU?

I've been playing since Mid-November 2006 just when they released Moatoob.

Funny, I bought this game with a $20.00 Best Buy coupon and I never played or heard of PSO before. That year I was into a bunch of RPG's like Grandia, Dragon Quest, Dark Cloud and was just considering Offline. After a month I liked it and decided to play online.

I have no plans to quit and love this game. I have too much invested - Almost 800 Million Meseta, Good Weapons/Armor and 3 - LV130 Characters with almost all Capped PA's.

Shadaki-Kun
Jun 28, 2008, 09:09 PM
Very first day of release in the US (online and offline), though, I've taken breaks. I'd be at 130 if I didn't...(Getting close though :D)

Magician4
Jun 28, 2008, 09:11 PM
About three weeks online... I bought the game when it first came out really eager to play but traded it in cause I had no way of playing online. Offline was just too easy and boring.

Dhylec
Jun 28, 2008, 09:12 PM
I've been playing since the 3rd day until now. It'd have been 2nd day if I didn't spend it playing offline. ;D

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 28, 2008, 09:12 PM
Bought the game the day it was released and played offline until my release date PS2 busted about a year and a half ago.

Once I got the new PS2 my buddy reminded me that I could just plug in an ethernet cord and play online, so I finally did.

While I agree that I love this game and I'd rather jam a fork in my eye than quit, I've ordered a JP version of it and I'm gonna spend a few months playing both just to compare which is better:

The game I love in a language I can't read (yet) with good support
OR
The game I love in my language with terrible support.

My bet is that I'll play both, US for the people I hang with and JP for the content. Either way I'm here until one or both servers explode.

Adriano
Jun 28, 2008, 09:13 PM
THE POLLS PEOPLE!!!! :x

EspioKaos
Jun 28, 2008, 09:14 PM
I've been playing PSU since the day it was released in America.

Skyly
Jun 28, 2008, 09:18 PM
Been playin since the beginning.. game id for xbox 360 is 9XX under 1k BABY now the ids are like 86k.. i feel old.

Elley
Jun 28, 2008, 09:18 PM
Since the beginning. De Ragon runs all the way! ^^;

Shadaki-Kun
Jun 28, 2008, 09:20 PM

Those were the days.

Dragon_Knight
Jun 28, 2008, 09:23 PM
Here from day 1 aproximatly half an hour after the UPS delivered the shipment box to the store.

Packrat
Jun 28, 2008, 09:23 PM
I too started right around the beginning, when De Ragan runs where the place to be, as well as Linear Line <.<

Apone
Jun 28, 2008, 09:31 PM
Day two here... my job kept me from day one

Magician4
Jun 28, 2008, 09:33 PM
I see this poll isn't noob friendly >_> (over 3 months though)

TJ5
Jun 28, 2008, 09:42 PM
Open Beta: Since it's opening
Full Game: October 24th, 2006.

DAMASCUS
Jun 28, 2008, 09:47 PM
I have been on since the beginning of the second week. The store I bought it from had a slow distributor :/

It's sad to see how things are now. We've had some fun times and it just feels like its going to die( stateside ) before much longer. Summer is a good time to do other things so lets hope things look up soon.

Poncho_Jr
Jun 28, 2008, 10:02 PM
Been playing since launch.

Alia
Jun 28, 2008, 10:06 PM
Since launch as well. Remember when you had to fight to get on Uni 1? :o

Celi-Ka
Jun 28, 2008, 10:10 PM
I've been on PSU since launch as well. I came in with a group of friends who had played PSO back in the day; I hadn't played PSO at all. Now only 2 of us are left, including myself. My friend rejoined recently after a brief stint on Final Fantasy XI (he totally regrets playing it).

Rust
Jun 28, 2008, 10:12 PM
I joined on 1st January of 2007. Installed a ripped ISO from a friend's computer on the morning after the New Year party and subscribed to an account a few hours after that. My first mission (after having tried Linear Line once) was System Defense / Desert Terror while I didn't have played offline at all before starting. Party of three lvl 3~7 people to complete that. Yeah, that was quite hardcore...

Oh, and yeah, I'm still lvl 70. :wacko:

Noblewine
Jun 28, 2008, 10:17 PM
A year and they game isn't dull yet.

Alizarin
Jun 28, 2008, 10:20 PM
Since launch. Oh, those days of spamming Sleeping Warriors. Surprised that mission is still good for a number of reasons (mostly drops).

unicorn
Jun 28, 2008, 10:21 PM
December 2006.

Powder Keg
Jun 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
Since launch...the game has evolved big time since then.

Turb0
Jun 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
First few days of August last year.

OmgHi
Jun 28, 2008, 11:01 PM
Been here since launch.

Took a 1 year hiatus after Bruce's C - A was released.

Came back 3 months prior to MAG and participated in MAG.

Was suddenly reminded of why I went on Hiatus.

On hiatus again indefinitely.

I don't regret returning for the brief time I did, was nice to chat with old friends and make new ones but having the game handled in a worse fashion than it was at launch is just appalling.

S0meguy25
Jun 28, 2008, 11:18 PM
u guys are all nerds

stukasa
Jun 28, 2008, 11:34 PM
December 2006.
Same. I played offline the first week though, just to get through story mode.

DoubleJG
Jun 28, 2008, 11:39 PM
Night that the servers went up.

Csero
Jun 28, 2008, 11:45 PM
Wow. I am the only one that voted over 3 months thus far. I have been playing since the the tail end of Febuarary. I really love this game and I invest a lot of time into it. I have two characters, one 130 and one 124. They have really good/some of the best equipment.

Not that that's a good thing I have been booted from parties for having a high player number and some of the best weapons. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Omega_Weltall
Jun 28, 2008, 11:46 PM
u guys are all nerds
yes we are :D

anyway been playing since the beginning and just recently got a character up to lv 100

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 28, 2008, 11:59 PM
u guys are all nerds

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145209

No, these guys are all nerds. :laugh:

Poncho_Jr
Jun 29, 2008, 12:06 AM
u guys are all nerds

<.< These guys are definitely nerds...
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2069196#post2069196
:snickers malevolently:

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 29, 2008, 12:30 AM
I've been playing for over a year, back when Seabed S2 was the hot spot or money run and everyone (I know I used to) avoided Moatoob like the plague.

Brainwrecked
Jun 29, 2008, 12:30 AM
I got in a month after release because Best Buy advertised a free 1600 MS Points card with the purchase of two XBox 360 games around the time of PSU's launch. Heck, I think PSU was even pictured right there in the advertisement!

But they never got the game in time, and wouldn't honor the promotion past its expiration date even though they couldn't get the game in on time while everyone else seemed to manage.

I never got to bitch about Moatoob not being open from day one, but I got to meet my fair share of anti-GIRL's and rarz-whores that have thankfully all but disappeared from the community.

Trey
Jun 29, 2008, 12:38 AM
woot day 1 miss all of my friends that i made on the game though ;_;

str898mustang
Jun 29, 2008, 12:59 AM
since day one

landman
Jun 29, 2008, 01:13 AM
offline since Japanese release
online since European release

Tulio07
Jun 29, 2008, 01:56 AM
I've played in the 360 beta on my friend's 360 then I got eh ps2 version. 6 months later I got a new computer and got the pc version and then aoi when that came out. I've missed maybe only a total of 2 weeks.

Tetsaru
Jun 29, 2008, 02:05 AM
I started back in January 2007... it was sort of a birthday gift for me. Although I love playing PSU, Sega/Sonic Team's lack of good service has recently left me with little to do. Sure, I could level my PA's, or go hunting for items... but that's not fun for me. I'd like to be able to run a fun and difficult mission with my friends again... sorta like how Desert Terror was before it got nerfed to hell and back. >_<

D1ABOLIK
Jun 29, 2008, 02:37 AM
The level cap was 70 when i started. ID is 53XXX on the 360 servers. Took a 3 month break though before AOTI hit.

Indica
Jun 29, 2008, 02:58 AM

LOL, those were the days. I forget most of them, but lotta people had weird requirements/rules to join the group for that run. I even remember some people used to charge money so you can AFK LV your character too, lol

I see this poll isn't noob friendly >_> (over 3 months though)

LOL, sorry, I forgot to add under 3 months

Freshellent
Jun 29, 2008, 03:17 AM
I joined in the middle of December after the launch. Haven't taken a legimate break since I started, unless you count the week I took off to play Guilty Gear Accent Core.

I remember getting paid to do AFK runs for people at Ragan. Something like 1k a run if I recall correctly. I also recall when HIVEs S Rank was considered nothing short of hell.

v.1 PT as well. That was pretty whack starting out, but so worth it in the end.

It used to be that I had to fight to get into Uni1 because it was always full. All my friends played there.

Ah man, good times haha.

Ezodagrom
Jun 29, 2008, 03:36 AM
Joined on July 31 last year, started playing 11 months ago :>

EMPYREAN
Jun 29, 2008, 03:40 AM
started mid december 06

Micro
Jun 29, 2008, 03:45 AM
Started December 2nd back in 06.

Still remember spamming Valley of Carnage C for MP, haha.

relentless
Jun 29, 2008, 05:26 AM
31st December at midnight 06, met my first and best friend then as well. :wacko:

ashley50
Jun 29, 2008, 05:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/PSU.jpg

Alura
Jun 29, 2008, 05:57 AM
since lauch i've taken like 2 breaks each one month

Danny_Dark
Jun 29, 2008, 06:40 AM
I've been playing PSU since the day it was released in EU/Germany.

soolayah
Jun 29, 2008, 07:01 AM
I bought the game when it was released in Europe, but then I didn't finish story mode and get online for a while... maybe another month? I've taken long breaks from it too. :wacko:

February
Jun 29, 2008, 08:13 AM
I've been playing PSU since the day it was released in America.

same here. That's when I met Rizen and DarkshadowX.

Kizeragi
Jun 29, 2008, 09:17 AM
Been here since the release day in the UK.

Nathaniel
Jun 29, 2008, 09:30 AM
I've been playing since the beginning and somehow none of my characters are even lvl 100 yet. O.o

Golto
Jun 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
11-5-06, I've taken a few breaks like now I'm not playing until July 18th probably.

Fanin
Jun 29, 2008, 10:15 AM
Since late December of 2006. I'm getting a break atm for the first time.

gryphonvii
Jun 29, 2008, 10:47 AM
january 2007, would've been since day 1 but other games came out around the same time and that necessitated my cash more.

Matic
Jun 29, 2008, 10:53 AM
I've been playing since the beginning and somehow none of my characters are even lvl 100 yet. O.o

Yep, same here.

RadiantLegend
Jun 29, 2008, 10:54 AM
Since day 3. Had to wait for my brother's copy so we can start together.

chaostroop3
Jun 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
my ID was in the VERY low thousands and was playing sence LL was the hotspot, i rember that level 20 was a HUGE deal back then

memorys =D

DreXxiN
Jun 29, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ah the memories....

Day 1 of PS2/PC launch,

Neith
Jun 29, 2008, 11:17 AM
Been playing since about a week after the US release (imported it), with very few breaks. I'll probably stick around until my friends move somewhere else/Diablo III consumes any amount of social life I had left :wacko:

chaoskila
Jun 29, 2008, 12:12 PM
1st day.
8000 ish
=]

rise urbanus
Jun 29, 2008, 12:22 PM
8-)Since the Beginning

PALRAPPYS
Jun 29, 2008, 01:16 PM
3rd day... offline on 2nd day though.

darkante
Jun 29, 2008, 01:28 PM
Offline late 2006.

Online January 2007.
I had some breaks between where and then so i might have missed some updates. :P
For instance Firebreak..=S the supposedly greatest PSU event.
Damnit Xo

Ruru
Jun 29, 2008, 01:49 PM
i got the game release date and played offline for a few weeks. i was still playing FFXI when i got this so i didn't start playing online till june/july of 2007

RedMussel
Jun 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
Over a year, i join the day after Easter 2007. ^-^

Dragwind
Jun 29, 2008, 02:43 PM
I didn't get to play from day 1 exactly, but I did have a copy to play offline. I was able to play online within the 2nd week on a friends account. After a while, I ended up playing his account more than he did, so I ended up buying my own sometime before the "advanced" types came out.

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 07:43 PM
I've been playing since July of 2007! <3

GreenArcher
Jun 29, 2008, 07:50 PM
Since day two.

As I told some low level who was begging for money a few days ago:
When I was your level, we had to do Mad Creatures C just to get monomates, and we walked uphill both ways!

Wiz
Jun 29, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hmm...I got PSUv1 Xmas of '06, so I've been playing (almost) since the beginning. Granted, I've taken my breaks in between, but I've been here a while.

mvffin
Jun 29, 2008, 08:05 PM
I joined PS2/PC around 1-2 months before Firebreak. Middle of Firebreak, I switched to 360. 56k ID on 360.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
I've been playing this game for fiffffffteeeeeeeen years, I used to half to walk uphill in the snow for fiffffffteeeeeeeeen miles just to get to some electricity to play on. Turn down that damn music and get off my lawn >:O

pikachief
Jun 29, 2008, 08:13 PM
since day 3 cuz my gamestop got a shipping error. lol but i played 1st day of teh beta! woot!

Ryna
Jun 29, 2008, 08:15 PM
I started playing the JP Beta in April 2006. For the regular release, I got my JP copy in early September 2006.

darkante
Jun 29, 2008, 11:01 PM
Since day two.

As I told some low level who was begging for money a few days ago:
When I was your level, we had to do Mad Creatures C just to get monomates, and we walked uphill both ways!

Itīs freakingely annoying and sad they go to beg for money considering the money drop value is at now lol.

Best thing i got without begging is the ability to open shop which a very nice person gave me money for no reason so i could do that, Januari 2007. :D
He were like "You got a shop open?" And i were like "No, im saving to it though :)"
and then he said "You look like the kind of person that goes by his word...here..open a shop man. =)" And i were like "WHAT?! But you donīt have to give me that much?"
And then he said "Bah, just take it. Im off...good luck with the shop!"

I got really happy then off course. :D

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 11:14 PM
Itīs freakingely annoying and sad they go to beg for money considering the money drop value is at now lol.

Best thing i got without begging is the ability to open shop which a very nice person gave me money for no reason so i could do that, Januari 2007. :D
He were like "You got a shop open?" And i were like "No, im saving to it though :)"
and then he said "You look like the kind of person that goes by his word...here..open a shop man. =)" And i were like "WHAT?! But you donīt have to give me that much?"
And then he said "Bah, just take it. Im off...good luck with the shop!"

I got really happy then off course. :D

I remember when I first joined. Two of my friends and I had just joined all at the same time (I was paying for them including myself.) My one friend and I walk into a random shop just to look around, and a player both gave us I believe it was 100K a piece! O.O; I still have his card too, but he moved on to FFXI and so forth. D:

I get bugged for money and items all the time. It's quite annoying. I lol in their face, tell them NO and tell them to go run a mission with a friend, and you'll get money. Gotta love the money drops. <3

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 11:18 PM
I started playing the day MAG started so I know I got off pretty easy but still unlike most of the new people here I dont run WB 24/7 xD I took the time to walk all of the planets! exploring every Forest, Every Cave, Every unexplainable floating hive planet thingy that somehow leads to an area in PSO! xD oh ya ive been everywhere :P its sad when someone doesnt have a flight to Crimson beast....

GaNksTa
Jun 29, 2008, 11:23 PM
Well... I would have been here since the beginning.. but when I looked at PSU months previous to its release I did not see that it would be coming out for the 360; I only say PS2/PC.. so I was really bummed out.. though in January I think I saw a video of it on youtube promoting the game, it had said that the 360 was one of the platforms.. I went to gamestop and lo' and behold there it was. I finished offline mode, then moved online in February 2007... and thats about it..

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 11:24 PM
Offline for the first year, online since AoI.

MSAksion
Jun 29, 2008, 11:27 PM
the first week. First few days there was a weird thing where the billing site did not like my credit card so i had to wait a bit till i got some money XD.

But yeah november 2006. Thats when my Gurhal MIS-adventures started. Good times good times.

AerisZeal
Jun 29, 2008, 11:29 PM
Since about a month after release. I don't remember anyone giving me anything, not of course that I asked. However, when I am asked I usually do give something. Even if only a little, say 10k. :wacko:

Kylie
Jun 30, 2008, 02:59 AM
Since November 30th, 2006; and I have never quit. I've taken a few breaks, but none have ever been for longer than two or three weeks. And yes, I admit that's somewhat sad. Oh well.

drizzle
Jun 30, 2008, 03:04 AM
Since EU launch. No breaks except for a few 065'd days ._.

Magician
Jun 30, 2008, 06:19 AM
From day one of the US release to the day I left after Firebreak I put 1000 hours on my main and 70 hours on one alt. I've been back for three weeks now. All in all, about 230 days, 1200 hours.

xAmrit
Jun 30, 2008, 06:29 AM
I bought it when it was released, I played for a week didn't get a Hunters Liscence and got bored, when I finished my exams (2 weeks ago), I got a HL and started playing and I love it...

Tianna
Jun 30, 2008, 10:04 AM
I have been on PSU offline since the release, online 1st week it was out on US servers. I used to run LL when the meseta drops really sucked and muddled my way through everything solo because I didn't know anyone. I think I played through Firebreak without even knowing it existed. One day someone came to my pitiful shop and gave me 100k(probably felt sorry for me....lol) and I still have their card. I just recently was trying to trade with someone that really didn't have much but they were willing to give all they had for a Kazarodoc. It made me remember about the person that helped me so I took the 10% Raiksobrac and something else of very little value in trade for the Kazarodoc. When the trade was complete they said "Oh ty sooo much for helping me out" and it really made me feel good. After all was said and done I opened another trade window with them and gave them 1 million meseta and told them to remember the lower level players when they have all the rares and a stack of meseta or more.

Pay it forward people, just not to people looking for handouts. It makes you feel good and they usually remember it. :)

Ethateral
Jun 30, 2008, 10:39 AM
I have been on PSU offline since the release, online 1st week it was out on US servers. I used to run LL when the meseta drops really sucked and muddled my way through everything solo because I didn't know anyone. I think I played through Firebreak without even knowing it existed. One day someone came to my pitiful shop and gave me 100k(probably felt sorry for me....lol) and I still have their card. I just recently was trying to trade with someone that really didn't have much but they were willing to give all they had for a Kazarodoc. It made me remember about the person that helped me so I took the 10% Raiksobrac and something else of very little value in trade for the Kazarodoc. When the trade was complete they said "Oh ty sooo much for helping me out" and it really made me feel good. After all was said and done I opened another trade window with them and gave them 1 million meseta and told them to remember the lower level players when they have all the rares and a stack of meseta or more.

Pay it forward people, just not to people looking for handouts. It makes you feel good and they usually remember it. :)
I joined right after the end of Firebreak. ;.; Though I never knew events had existed till September, lol. XD

Itsuki
Jun 30, 2008, 10:47 AM
Even though people say first day, I probably have the majority of them beat...

I originally had a different account on PSOW. But I couldn't remember the information for it, and was too lazy. So I made this account with the specific purpose of begging for someone to let me on their JP PSU closed beta account. And then 2 days later, a friend of a friend had to leave to cover e3, and left me with their account. And thus it began :D Way back in April of 2006.

-Crokar-
Jun 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
ive been playing since the US beta lol. but got the game on the first day and played on brothers account then about 2-3 weeks later got my own account. been playing for540+ days

Darius_Drake
Jun 30, 2008, 11:20 AM
Since the very beginning. You were the man if you could get a skill art to level 11. Then you were one of the flashiest fighters in the Universe. LOL!!!

Ogni-XR21
Jun 30, 2008, 12:33 PM
I got an import copy from the US but could not buy a Guardians license since the payment for Europe was still disabled. So I ended up making a new SegaID with a Brazilian adress and got online maybe 2 weeks after US release.

I took several breaks, the longest one was probably from when the first Hive mission was released until 1up-cup.

VetroDrago
Jun 30, 2008, 04:39 PM
I wanted to play the game when it came out, but didn't get it till christmas 2006. I wasn't able to play online till late february 2007. I took a 4 month break from somewhere in april till august after that.

Mia-chan
Jun 30, 2008, 10:08 PM
All I remember is that I played sometime in October. o: Since launch, I think. I think I was there like the third or 4th day.

Ryno
Jun 30, 2008, 10:14 PM
I started playing PSU Since begining till I was hacked by a 14 year old kid last year in the summer and had to start all over again from stratch which is about a year ago.

Cracka_J
Jun 30, 2008, 10:16 PM
Bought on launch day, went online that first friday it was out.
Been playing for almost 2 years now (come october) with minimal breakage inbetween.

I took a break for about 1-2 months, right before firebreak.
And I'm on break right now for an indefinite period......so, ya.
I'll be back.....eventually.

jcm5
Jul 1, 2008, 12:44 AM
well ive been playing it since the BETA

kurisu1974
Jul 1, 2008, 01:17 AM
Been playing since it was released in Europe. First couple of days offline and after that, online only. I really love this game.

Koji1m1
Jul 1, 2008, 12:09 PM
i been playing sincve the beginning i had a bit of a rock start, i kept using money burin trough items and never made any real progress, but kept playing. and i eventaully got good weapons and armor lots of cash, and high lv pas some i never botherd capping beaucse thiers some i like and some i do like and i also tohugh tht they kinda dontt get any stronger once they get to 40 and such, but im also too lazy to lv my alts since im not that good with other jobs.

chaoskila
Jul 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
I started playing PSU Since begining till I was hacked by a 14 year old kid last year in the summer and had to start all over again from stratch which is about a year ago.
lol he was 14 hahah
you probably met him on halo
lol
orginal psu player *nods head*