PDA

View Full Version : What if techs worked differently?

unicorn
Jun 28, 2008, 10:40 PM
(Pretend the tech-display-nerf doesn't exist for a moment... >_>)

I had an odd thought today. What if techs worked differently? Like, if you had to charge a tech for the next tier to cast? Ex: Charging a foie for .5 seconds will cast a lvl 11-20 foie, charging for .75 would cast a lvl 21-30 foie, etc.

I only bring this up because I miss casting my lower lvled techs! :O Sure I have my zonde 31+, buuut I can't see it at 11+ or 21+ unless I'm a different class.

Annnd maybe if timing played more of a role with a techer's gameplay, then maybe we wouldn't have all the tech-lagging issues. Think about it. Everyone would be casting weaker techs (cuz they cast faster) to get through missions faster, but still have the option to throw a fireworks display every now and then.

'Course this conflicts with DPS issues n stuff. But let the programmers figure out the math.

Poncho_Jr
Jun 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
I myself was thinking about charge Teching, but was afraid everyone would bash me for it being a bad idea.
Anyways that would be awesome. Some techs I do miss looking at. Well, really only two.
Gibarta 21. It had random formations every cast, while 31 has the same animation.
And Dambarta 11. Ice sculpting ftw.
And with the charge you can get a stronger attack as well, PP cost increased of course.
But with charge teching comes some negatives as well. Having to charge for buffs/Resta/Reverser is a huge no-no.
Well Resta and Reverser have no Tech% only range. But then with that, you'd get coplaints for not healing the party. Go figure. <.<
I guess it comes with more positives than negatives. =/

Turb0
Jun 28, 2008, 11:21 PM
How would that work with nos- spells though? Overall not too bad of an idea though, I like the fact that it adds more depth to the gameplay than "run up to enemy and press the same buttons repeatedly."

EDIT: And dam- spells too. IDK why I didn't think of those earlier.

Macras
Jun 28, 2008, 11:32 PM
As long as that would be for attack techs only, sure.

landman
Jun 29, 2008, 01:17 AM
But foie gets faster when it lvls up, this would not be fair lol oh and this worked for Fable, but I don't think it would work for PSU, as you said you can change your class to see lower lvl TECHNIKS