PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live user + guest... possible?

Exile
Jan 26, 2003, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone,
ok so I have a little question about the online play of PSO. On mech assult for the xbox, i can go online and do whatever i want under my screen name.
However if i want to I can call up a buddy and tell him to get his ass over to my place and he can play online in the same game, same split screen, same xbox as me... only thing is that he cant talk over the live headset and the primary user chooses the game for them to join, and that person who is your "guest" is called "Your_name_one_xbox_liveGUEST"

I know the PSO for xbox is a straight port and even sega themselves said the game is completely done, but if there is some way to do split screen online with a buddy of mine right next to me as a guest using his char on my xbox hd that would ROCK. I haven't seen anyone here comment on something like that under a speculation or whatever so im assuming it probably cant happen, it would just be a great thing to have; besides the obvious of geting 2 xbox with 2 tv's side by side, with 2 xbox live accounts to pull an all night pso-fest online. (i know we can do it offline if all else fails)

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 26, 2003, 05:55 PM
its an interesting idea...and maybe probable to boot. We'll just have to wait for Microsoft to make any sort of announcement about the game.

Kent
Jan 26, 2003, 06:30 PM
Odds are, you won't be able to do that with PSO.

You couldn't do that in the GameCube version, so I really doubt you'd be able to do that here, either.

Of course, it's still a possibility...

ALPHAM0F0
Jan 26, 2003, 07:45 PM
it prolly wont happen because on ghost recon you cant play online with two people on the same box

Denny
Jan 26, 2003, 07:48 PM
Sorry, but the split screen mode is still offline only. The one thing Sonic Team does allow this time is for you to have two copies of one character. You can save one character to the Xbox HD and then copy that character to the Xbox memory unit for play at a friends house (from what I've been told).

That should come in handy if the game were to crash or something. I guess a split screen online mode would require more bandwith and Sonic Team had already chose to use extra bandwith for the voice chatting feature.

Elixer
Jan 26, 2003, 08:04 PM
hmm i dont know if you would be able to do that

MoggieK
Jan 26, 2003, 08:07 PM
If it was like that, you would be too forced and too limited. You have to travel together, go to the same team together, go to the same lobby together. It would be too much of a hassle and it would limit both you and the other team members.

So I really doubt it's possible.