PDA

View Full Version : Rare Hunter's New Road

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
(wow the title could really pass for a mission title xD)

Well I can tell you right now that i will waste all day looking for something extremely rare every day all day, most prefferabley blackbulls, favorite hunt. Now I know there are tons of people like this but I wanna try a different road now that ive found around 10 BB since ive became a hunter which was a good 4 weeks ago. Does anyone take requests from people and get profit from it? Ive been doing that lately for all those people who want Blackbulls.... I dont know im just trying to see how many Rare Hunters out there do anything similar? Maybe I could get some sort of buisness goin on here xD

Btw if anyone is looking for anything in particular and its within my lvl range im willing to travel with that person and help them search relentlessly, im a great AT lvl 80 I usually just charge about 50% of the Items Value and time is not a factor for me xD I'll usually try for a good 6 hours straight before I got to go to bed so ill be ready for work tomorrow >>;; but ya drop me a msg im on the Xbox360 my Gamertag is in my profile.

Chris28
Jun 29, 2008, 09:32 PM
go hunt some shigga baret's and rattlesnakes.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 09:36 PM
I did try hunting rattlesnakes and so far ive only found 2 but the only real problem is the boss so if I ever do go hunting ill need a good Fortegunner to accompany me, but ya does my offer sound fair? because basically people are getting the weapons they want at half price.

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 09:57 PM
I hunt rare stuff. Mainly one item most of the time, lol. I have and do hunt something rare if a close friend of mine is trying to get/wants it. If I'm not caught up in my own hunts! XD; I've never typically tried what you're doing. It sounds profitable in a sense, but you're only getting half, correct? o.o?

Turb0
Jun 29, 2008, 10:01 PM
By half price you mean you would sell rattlesnake boards for ~14 mil? I'm sure some people would be interested, but if the price wasn't that low most people would just go buy one that's for sale because there's no indefinite waiting period.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 10:01 PM
Only half but u do have to consider one thing even though ure only getting half price u are getting a ton of MP, Exp, PA frags, and PA exp. Since ive started this whole hunting busisness ive probably made 50 mil within the month so its no big deal for me :P plus it makes business alot more profitable and quicker since u have a guranteed buyer and most of the time I usually make the other half of the money from just running the mission but yes :3 its just a little thought ive given to my whole gig ive been doing.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 10:02 PM
Well even though its indeffinate they have something to take up their time xD to take them anway from the Montonous runnings of white beast

Turb0
Jun 29, 2008, 10:09 PM
It's up to you. It sounds kinda fun, but just hunting the item and selling it for slightly less than the lowest price would be more profitable. As long as you hunt an item that's in demand, there will always be a buyer too. Personally, my hunting character is a 130, so experience is useless, all the classes I usually switch between are at 20 so mission points are useless, I have all the frag PAs I want and then some and still have going on 3 stack of PA frags left, so those are useless too. PA experience would be about the only thing I could use out of that. Again, it's up to you though. If you actually need/use those, then it would be more worthwhile. If making big profits isn't your primary goal, you could at least know that you helped someone out by getting them something for cheap.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 10:14 PM
Personally I just enjoy the hunt and having company is nice once in a while. Though when it comes down to reaaaallly expensive items like Rattlesnake the price being cut in half I really am losing alot so I might change the price cut down to probably around 30% from the usual price. Though like ive said before it gives everyone something to do besides White Beast unless their asking for a Serafi-senba xD its also a good time to just chat about everything. Idk its not really the money so much as much as it is having something else to do for once xD and meeting new people :P idk overall it just seems like a good idea for anyone and everyone

Truth034
Jun 29, 2008, 10:18 PM
my last name is Diaz........

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm all for the making and meeting new people part. I refuse to run White Beast, even though I DO still want a freaking elusive Serafi-senba [b]. >.> I run Sleeping Warriors S2, 98% of the time. XD <3 I don't have the patience to run for a Rattlesnake on my own. Would be nice to make a nice shiny penny off one though. o.o

Turb0
Jun 29, 2008, 10:21 PM
Wait, you'd be taking whoever the request is for with you? What happens if they get the drop and go "kthxbye"?

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 10:22 PM
Wait, you'd be taking whoever the request is for with you? What happens if they get the drop and go "kthxbye"?

Then no shiny penny. ;.;

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 10:30 PM
I usually have that covered by setting it onto give to finder, im very very very good at getting stuff before everyone else since ive learned how to guide my character during cutscenes from boss's death xD but really im with Ethateral, WB is crap and sleeping warriors is great but to tell u the truth ethateral im kinda like u but instead I run True Darkness 98% of the time xD oh and ive found 2 serafi senba so far without even trying really.... so ya if anyone needs any just holler and hand me a sleep resist >> lol and I always get my shiny penny >3 always! xD and my last name is Diaz too >>;;; we should hang out xD :P

Turb0
Jun 29, 2008, 10:36 PM
Ok, I'm not trying to talk you out of it or anything. It sounds like a fun idea I'm just trying to point out a few possible problems. If someone is new to the game and barely meets the required level to do it, I'm sure they would appreciate someone else to help them with the run. It would also give them a taste of what hunting is like so that's kinda cool.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 10:38 PM
its always nice to have friends in high places xD and I know ure not trying to talk me out of it :P im just saying ive thought that through since there are countless Jackass's that I'd hate to deal with but ya im basically rolling on the trust system and possibley some sort of collateral.

deadlywhisper85
Jun 29, 2008, 10:41 PM
lol this is a good idea i should do this with my newman acrotecher =p

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 10:43 PM
wow were twins O.o;; I can easily say that my Newman Acrotecher which was my first character btw is my absolute favorite ^^;

lol I enjoy helping others which is why im willing to ditch some cash to meet new people :P plus now I can fulfill my class's position on a daily basis xD

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 10:48 PM
I'm still hunting a Psycho wand [b] after almost a year. O___o; Just doesn't want to drop in my own mission! I'd run True Darkness for a Black Heart attatchment since I STILL haven't gotten my hands on one yet. XD Gaozoran Rods and the [b] as well. :P

It is true, there are jackasses on this game, a large quantity rather. That's why I solo or run with my close friends. I refuse to run random missions anymore because I use my mic, I'm a girl... You know, guys hounding you.. Yeah. -.-; I don't mind soloing though! Just a lot of missions I'd prefer to run for speed with at least a Fortefighter since I'm a Fortetecher. <3

If you like your system of hunting, gaining money, exp, MP, and so forth, then by all means stick with it! ^^ It's working for you! It'll probably make a name for you as your name spreads among the players that you're doing rare hunting and giving it for half-price or so. =)

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 10:54 PM
xD that would be nice :3, and btw I am actually going to hunt for Psycho wands for my friends soon and I wouldnt mind helping u, trust me I will probably find it in 2 days or less.... but thats just an offer ^^;;; if u really enjoy soloing and all that good stuff then continue ure path but ya I know what ure talking about, I took a days walk in a girls shoes when I played as my sisters character and it was not fun -.-;; being hit on just because u have the opposite sex organ is not cool xD

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 10:59 PM
xD that would be nice :3, and btw I am actually going to hunt for Psycho wands for my friends soon and I wouldnt mind helping u, trust me I will probably find it in 2 days or less.... but thats just an offer ^^;;; if u really enjoy soloing and all that good stuff then continue ure path but ya I know what ure talking about, I took a days walk in a girls shoes when I played as my sisters character and it was not fun -.-;; being hit on just because u have the opposite sex organ is not cool xD

Hah! If only I could play right now. My xbox is in Texas getting repaired still. >.> Hurray!

I level my TECHs really, and hunt Psychos on the side with materials for it, at least as of late. ^^;

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 11:02 PM
wow what happened to it? three ring of death or just physical damage beyond repair? o.o;; and ya I do the same.... I bring my PM and the customer for good Buffs/Heal tech raise and Matierials are a hunters best friend <333 meaning if u just happen to come across an extra board.....

>>

<<

would be pretty nice to make it and make a good bit of profit from it ^^

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 11:09 PM
wow what happened to it? three ring of death or just physical damage beyond repair? o.o;; and ya I do the same.... I bring my PM and the customer for good Buffs/Heal tech raise and Matierials are a hunters best friend <333 meaning if u just happen to come across an extra board.....

>>

<<

would be pretty nice to make it and make a good bit of profit from it ^^
Red Rings of Doom. :P Towel trick two times for a temporary fix, then the third try, BAM, it died. <3

I don't even bring my PM with me anymore. The battle stats are already 120 on it, no real use to level it more right now... If I wanted to make it my meat shield and hope it drops Paradi, which is typically does. <3 Other than that, I don't use my PM in my missions really, unless I REALLY need a meat shield. XD

Stryker Diaz
Jun 29, 2008, 11:12 PM
mine serves the purpose of a meat sheild about 50% of the time due to its cuteness and phrases pissing off the enemies <3 xD so nice

but really ^^;; I just enjoy having something to replace my old shoulder companion from PSO, that and since I am what people call a nub(hate that term) on PSU my stuff isnt generally that high but I have done well for myself despite being late in the game... (really I was just playing the last of PSO that was left before they closed the official servers down for good)

Towel trick is llike a drug for xbox.... its a temporary fix for a few times before it crashes for good :P its why when my red ringed I just sent it out the second it happened.

Ethateral
Jun 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
Ah, we're all nubs at one point or another. You either hate it, feel weird about being new for a bit or just say whatever. You go your merry way and get better in time. I hate the term, but meh, you learn to live with it in an online community! :P