PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix is progressive!

foamcup
Jun 29, 2008, 10:05 PM
I got that new Final Fantasy Tactics, and it has lesbian sky pirates! I understand that those two chicks were the main characters in Final Fantasy 12 too. Progressive!

Yes I know one is a boy. The character designer apparently can't draw boys, so he makes flat-chested girls instead. Progressive!

Sayara
Jun 29, 2008, 10:12 PM
ZIPPERS AND BELTS

foamcup
Jun 29, 2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W95z1DqOIUg&feature=related

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 10:24 PM
ZIPPERS AND BELTSI laughed when in The World Ends With You, Shiki asked Neku something about his clothes, and he replied that he kinda wished they had more zippers.

TalHex
Jun 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
i want to see a character who has clothes made entirely of pockets, zippers and belts :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2008, 10:56 PM
I can't stand having so much stuff like that.

How can I be stealthy with all that shit on meh? D:

And no, I don't want to learn how.

foamcup
Jun 29, 2008, 10:58 PM
Just use Vanish, but watch out, death magic is 100% accurate when you are invisible. :lol:

TalHex
Jun 29, 2008, 10:59 PM
pockets are everything d00d

<--believes one can never have too many pockets

Ketchup345
Jun 29, 2008, 11:15 PM
<--believes one can never have too many pocketsAlmost true. If you have too many pockets, some might be too small to be of any actual use. A pocket has a minimum size requirement.

TalHex
Jun 29, 2008, 11:16 PM
hmm you have a point... depends also on what you need the pocket for, if your carrying some kind of powder for a fireball spell the pocket doesn't have to be too big, but it you want to carry a buster sword your going to need a hammerspace

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
Pockets for holding packets of salt!

TalHex
Jun 29, 2008, 11:18 PM
indeed... i wonder how big a pocket you would need for a puyo...

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 11:21 PM
indeed... i wonder how big a pocket you would need for a puyo...Not too big, you can't keep more than 3 of one color. ;o

TalHex
Jun 29, 2008, 11:23 PM
at least touching :wacko: but diagonal is fine

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 11:26 PM
You can't fill the third column, though.

Toadthroat
Jun 29, 2008, 11:52 PM
I laughed when in The World Ends With You, Shiki asked Neku something about his clothes, and he replied that he kinda wished they had more zippers.

"I wish I had more zippers...So I could zip her mouth shut!"

Skuda
Jun 30, 2008, 12:02 AM
I laughed when in The World Ends With You, Shiki asked Neku something about his clothes, and he replied that he kinda wished they had more zippers.

What's even weirder is that I went through that scene today, right before reading this thread.

OKO
Jun 30, 2008, 01:14 PM
What's even weirder is that I went through that scene today, right before reading this thread.

Your timing is impeccable.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
Yes I know one is a boy. The character designer apparently can't draw boys, so he makes flat-chested girls instead. Progressive!

If we're talking about that same failure of an artist that did the concept art for the earlier Final Fantasy games (notably, for Final Fantasy V and VI), then I would put even the most novice of PSO-World's fan artists up against him at any time. What in the hell was Square thinking when they hired that guy?

Toadthroat
Jun 30, 2008, 03:49 PM
You can't mean Yoshitaka Amano. CAN YOU?

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 30, 2008, 03:59 PM
You can't mean Yoshitaka Amano. CAN YOU?

That is precisely who I mean. I understand that Square was going for a Victorian sort of look and all, but for the love of cheese and rice... Every face bears the same blank expression, the proportions are horrible, and the linework itself defies all that civilization has come to know about positive aesthetic qualities. Simply enough, the work makes a vain and utterly futile attempt at elegance.

TalHex
Jun 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
they probably hired the guy and didn't realize their mistake until the project was nearly done so the said, the hell with it, we'll got with it anyways

foamcup
Jun 30, 2008, 04:08 PM
That is precisely who I mean. I understand that Square was going for a Victorian sort of look and all, but for the love of cheese and rice... Every face bears the same blank expression, the proportions are horrible, and the linework itself defies all that civilization has come to know about positive aesthetic qualities. Simply enough, the work makes a vain and utterly futile attempt at elegance.

I like Amano's art, his landscapes are nice, but yeah, the same face does get old after a while.

Toadthroat
Jun 30, 2008, 04:26 PM

If you're only basing it off his FF work then you oughta look into him some more. Cause he is a pretty good artist, IMO.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/johnnyespinolm/Yoshitaka%20Amano/used/Yoshitaka_Amano_Maten_-_p019-20.jpg