PDA

View Full Version : PSU Mission Spot Light

Skyly
Jun 30, 2008, 03:15 PM
About ten minutes ago I seen the GM Melchior. He told me he was on because of the scamming, and I seen him personally ban someone lol. Pretty funny, but he mentioned something called Mission Spot Light and they were probably going to be starting it today..

Anyone know exactly what this is?

EspioKaos
Jun 30, 2008, 03:33 PM
Sounds like this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145375).

gryphonvii
Jun 30, 2008, 03:35 PM
Its like the WOW rest meter, the longer you haven't done a mission the better drop rates you get, as well as experience, kinda like boost road but for individuals. ACtually that is a lie, I have no idea what it would be, but I think my idea would be cool, to get people take a break from hunting and hunt something else, and for all the lowbies to get easy exp. Have them all do the virtually untouched robot missions, and missions with annoyances like goshins.

relentless
Jun 30, 2008, 03:41 PM
Mission Spot Light, the thing that Ruby mentioned? So they're going to do it after all I assume.. wonder how it works though, anyone know? I'm curious, I don't think he gave us any further details or information. lol

cheapgunner
Jun 30, 2008, 04:11 PM
So, is this real or not? I would jump at the chance to do something like this, but need to know if this is just someone pulling my leg or not. >.>

gryphonvii
Jun 30, 2008, 04:15 PM
If it starts today, would that be right now today, or tomorrow today? Or they are starting to prepare it today? Or they are thinkng about it today?... I wantto know because my main has 3* luck but I don't have the motivation to get on.

TecherRamen
Jun 30, 2008, 05:51 PM
That scroll about the weekly spot light mission? =O

(i loled at if youre tired of running white beast)

strikershadow
Jun 30, 2008, 05:53 PM
I saw it, it was on a banner at the top of the screen... palins overlord and the ohter mission there. they said GM's may even play with us and give out stuff on server 2...

im going right now to check if theres extra XP or anyting

_Vyser_
Jun 30, 2008, 05:53 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa68/_Vyser_/psu20080630_174939_005.jpg

I loled at this part

Indica
Jun 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
Just happened now, some kind of event with GM's

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_302.jpg

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_303.jpg

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_304.jpg

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_305.jpg

Gunslinger-08
Jun 30, 2008, 05:57 PM
Ooh, this has potential, even though I know that some people will try to tear it apart, and others will simply ignore it and continue to spam WB.

Zabrio
Jun 30, 2008, 05:57 PM
hey i was in that party XD

AuroraBlaze
Jun 30, 2008, 06:01 PM
Are the drop rates/exp. increased there now for this event?

cheapgunner
Jun 30, 2008, 06:02 PM
Sweet! I'm there! \>.>/

TecherRamen
Jun 30, 2008, 06:04 PM
so did I. would you care if i saved that picture and cut that out and made a sig out of it?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 30, 2008, 06:06 PM
I guess enough people finally bitched.

AuroraBlaze
Jun 30, 2008, 06:08 PM
Im there too, but i dont see anything going on. Just a lot of people standing around.

Alura
Jun 30, 2008, 06:11 PM
they should of picked the dual sentinel

Jainsea
Jun 30, 2008, 06:12 PM
omg wow O: and I don't have my copy of Aoi with me atm Y__Y
Thats cool though :D

Niloklives
Jun 30, 2008, 06:12 PM
Highlight better mean more than "go here" drop rates mp and exp better all go up cause otherwise theres no sense in going there

Indica
Jun 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
WOW, place filled up quick, probably has 5 pages of runs going on now o.0

This is a great idea, GM's should have thought of this months ago. Lot of good lobbies/runs being neglected all this time.

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_306.jpg

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_307.jpg

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_308.jpg

Gunslinger-08
Jun 30, 2008, 06:20 PM
Too bad people are being total buttholes about joining their 6th slot.

landman
Jun 30, 2008, 06:24 PM
lol, they should give some love to Moatoob xDDD

strikershadow
Jun 30, 2008, 06:26 PM
No added Xp or Mp, and no added drop rates altho i cant confirm that because i played my level 15 LOL so what good drops on C :D

February
Jun 30, 2008, 06:29 PM
Highlight better mean more than "go here" drop rates mp and exp better all go up cause otherwise theres no sense in going there

Nope. I asked Ruby and Sage that last week, and they said they don't have the power to do that.

_Vyser_
Jun 30, 2008, 06:30 PM
w00t, I just won a PSU wristband!

Alastor_Haven
Jun 30, 2008, 06:31 PM
Well now

Go GM'S lol

February
Jun 30, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah I was hoping so as well.

Niloklives
Jun 30, 2008, 06:33 PM
whats the point in highlighting anything if theres nothing to be gained from going there?

thats like highlighting monomate

landman
Jun 30, 2008, 06:35 PM
I think the GMs where bored of White Beast with their personal accounts and they just wanted people to party with in an other place xD

Middle
Jun 30, 2008, 06:42 PM
What are the exclusive things they give away ?
anyone got something?

RubyEclipse
Jun 30, 2008, 06:43 PM
What are the exclusive things they give away ?
anyone got something?

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_missionspotlight.php :)

Para
Jun 30, 2008, 06:45 PM
I lol'd. Onoes GM lets flock to there...

I was like wondering wtf was up when I started my daily grind of bullets at Raffon >_>

deadlywhisper85
Jun 30, 2008, 06:47 PM
sooo has it started for xbox 360 servers yet?

Cracka_J
Jun 30, 2008, 06:48 PM
man, I cancel my sub, move to my new apt., and am finally getting situated....
and the GM's do something GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY while I'm away?

holy fuck, I should have canceled my sub 3 months ago....we would have had a perfect mag and would be starting lightning carnival by now...

maybe the GM's do get reports when subs start dropping ^_^

Rayokarna
Jun 30, 2008, 06:52 PM
man, I cancel my sub, move to my new apt., and am finally getting situated....
and the GM's do something GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY while I'm away?

holy fuck, I should have canceled my sub 3 months ago....we would have had a perfect mag and would be starting lightning carnival by now...

maybe the GM's do get reports when subs start dropping ^_^

He did mention this idea and then you told him you didn't like it and get on with the updates >.>

How is this gonna work for the EU players tho? It's almost 1am here and when ever the GMs are jumping into games, we will be in bed. I just hope they have some sort of plan for this...

Cracka_J
Jun 30, 2008, 07:01 PM
He did mention this idea and then you told him you didn't like it and get on with the updates >.>

not true. I said it was actually a great idea in theory, just people (like me) would much rather prefer the updates. but like I said, canceled sub atm, so I don't really care either way, I renew when we get content (as I originally posted).

Niloklives
Jun 30, 2008, 07:06 PM
if those PMs are of GH4XX models...does anyone else cringe at the idea of loli blow up dolls?

(I know its just pete but still...)

anyway this is this silliest thing I've ever seen. if I'm hunting a pwand, I'm doing it with trusted friends or solo. I run SW in 12 minutes with my fighgunner...I dont need help.

this is absolutely meaningless to real veterans.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 30, 2008, 07:10 PM
if those PMs are of GH4XX models...does anyone else cringe at the idea of loli blow up dolls?

Now Sega giving the community another reason to stay in thier rooms and not to leave the house lol

Mikura
Jun 30, 2008, 07:13 PM
Now Sega giving the community another reason to stay in thier rooms and not to leave the house lol

Someone needs a girlfriend. >_>;

RemiusTA
Jun 30, 2008, 07:15 PM
So...they pull people away from White Beasts just to spam the two second-most ran missions in the entire game?

Ha haaa, fucking idiots

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 30, 2008, 07:15 PM

ehh.. that was directed at the community XP

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 30, 2008, 07:16 PM
Raffon Field Base was already the second-most populated field base on the 360. It usually has 2-3 pages.

Gunslinger-08
Jun 30, 2008, 07:18 PM

(I know its just pete but still...)

this is absolutely meaningless to real veterans.

1st off, lol,

and secondly, this is just a way to let people run other missions and have a guaranteed party. I'd just play with my friends if it wasn't a matter of more than one of them being on at a given time.

Deissa
Jun 30, 2008, 07:38 PM
it's like watching an abused child say that their father really loves them

Aorre
Jun 30, 2008, 08:18 PM
So...they pull people away from White Beasts just to spam the two second-most ran missions in the entire game?

Ha haaa, fucking idiots

This is temporary. The site says there will be a change of venue every week...sheesh. =/

Rust
Jun 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
I assume official PSU boards don't allow visitors to vote in polls ?

'cause... Ewww, no way I make an account on Tardland to vote for the next Mission to be chosed. :disapprove:

Nathaniel
Jun 30, 2008, 08:43 PM
Since there is no boost to experience or anything, i'm not bothering with the "event".

Indica
Jun 30, 2008, 08:47 PM
Since there is no boost to experience or anything, i'm not bothering with the "event".

That's the same attitude majority of our government officials and oil executives have. Loose Money and Power? Nothing in it for me to gain?

SepiasSoul
Jun 30, 2008, 09:35 PM
That's the same attitude majority of our government officials and oil executives have. Loose Money and Power? Nothing in it for me to gain?

To this I must say, we are a capitalist country that is driven by the power of the dollar. If there is money to be gained, then someone will go out and earn it. Unfortunately the green party and the govt do nothing but stand in the way and retard to process. But I digress...

I give this "event" idea two maybe three runs through and people will stop showing. People run white beast for a reason, its the best run for xp and mission points. Until a new, better run comes out, people will continue to run it. It the same with new missions, people are there for a few days, then move back to white beast. If there is no incentive for people to change what they are doing, they wont. If they don't give us some sort of incentive, like bonus xp or increased item drops, people will stop going. The novelty of seeing a GM will also wear off rather quickly. Its a waste of effort in my opinion.

Ken_Silver
Jun 30, 2008, 09:53 PM
Umm... folks...

THIS is someone at SEGA TRYING to do SOMETHING for the fanbase where Sega of JAPAN won't. Don't bash something that is the only sign of effort that we'll get from ANYONE at Sonic Team. This here is a sign to the community that at the LEAST, the GM's care about the players.

You can F-bomb Sega of Japan and whoever is in charge of our updates, but at least you know whose NOT to blame.

While late is better than never, at least the GM's over here have some sense to step in and use what little power they have to make things interesting for the game. Anyone with a peanut for a brain can see if they've been following the recent fiasco's that the GM's, the guys that everyone yells and screams at aren't the ones who are causing us all of our problems. So when they try to do something good, you wanna still burn them alive. Nah, that's just no good.

Granted, that this is like putting a band-aid on a broken leg and that they need to pick "better" areas and that there could be some kind of "reward," someone is taking the intiative to do something over there at Sega HQ.

By no means should we give them the red carpet treatment, but at the same time, telling the GM's that this sucks only tells them that they are better off not trying. And no matter how you may want to spin it, in the world of customer service: any effort to please the customer is a good effort.

Cracka_J
Jun 30, 2008, 10:27 PM
By no means should we give them the red carpet treatment, but at the same time, telling the GM's that this sucks only tells them that they are better off not trying. And no matter how you may want to spin it, in the world of customer service: any effort to please the customer is a good effort.

I agree. Just the GM's talking about the idea felt like more PR shenanigans, but now that they've actually seen the idea through, fuck, they get some props for the effort. It'll give people something to do while they wait for new content to (hopefully) arrive soon.

And like you said, it's nothing to praise them for, but it's something they just as easily didn't have to do.

So like you said, it's something, and I personally do hope it sticks around. I just hope it's not continued to be used as a DISTRACTION FROM THE REAL PROBLEMS....

ShadowDragon28
Jun 30, 2008, 10:39 PM
Umm... folks...

THIS is someone at SEGA TRYING to do SOMETHING for the fanbase where Sega of JAPAN won't. Don't bash something that is the only sign of effort that we'll get from ANYONE at Sonic Team. This here is a sign to the community that at the LEAST, the GM's care about the players.

You can F-bomb Sega of Japan and whoever is in charge of our updates, but at least you know whose NOT to blame.

While late is better than never, at least the GM's over here have some sense to step in and use what little power they have to make things interesting for the game. Anyone with a peanut for a brain can see if they've been following the recent fiasco's that the GM's, the guys that everyone yells and screams at aren't the ones who are causing us all of our problems. So when they try to do something good, you wanna still burn them alive. Nah, that's just no good.

Granted, that this is like putting a band-aid on a broken leg and that they need to pick "better" areas and that there could be some kind of "reward," someone is taking the intiative to do something over there at Sega HQ.

QFT. I agree.

Ed Lolington
Jun 30, 2008, 10:39 PM

Ha haaa, fucking idiotsSo, they do something to get people away from White Beasts and they're idiots for it?

Did I miss the fucking memo or something? This is a great idea. I have some of my hope in PSU back now thanks to this.

XGalvatronX
Jun 30, 2008, 10:41 PM

Ha haaa, fucking idiots

QFFT!

If you're not going to add something like increasing exp and drops, what the hell is the point? Yeah it's great for new players, but the majority of people can run these missions on their own in 10 minutes.

WB may be spammed to death, but at least it gives decent rewards and top of much better experience and mission points.

It's an absolute joke to call this an event. It's just another sad attempt by 2 GM's that have zero control over anything they do in this game.

Pathetic.

Niloklives
Jun 30, 2008, 10:43 PM
I have never once blamed the GMs...I blame sega as a whole. My reason for complaint stems from the fact that I'm not the kind of person who very much cares to hang out with GMs and I stay FAR away from uni2 99% of my time online. so there is 0 incentive for me to go and maybe get a piece of trash item I'll end up throwing out when I move anyway.

I'm not the only person who feels that way about it. yeah the GMs get kudos for effort. but I'm insulted they talk about how this event benefits veterans when there are TONS of people like me that hang out on uni 11 or uni 13 or just anyplace BUT uni 2 and play solo or in groups of 2-with a few good friends. what do I get for investing 8000 hours into this game? Nothing. What's the value in making my way to uni 2 and playing yet another mission I'm sick of? there is none.

that's why I think this "event" is dumb.

DAMASCUS
Jul 1, 2008, 01:13 AM
This will be undoubtedly be a test to see if enough people like this idea and once they're sure that it will catch on it will move to 'roads less traveled'.
I'm not surprised that people are bitter right now and ridicule the whole concept since it is in fact LAME.
I really don't care about the prizes so much but just having a fresh hot spot every week where I can find/make a party is just the cure for burn out.
This idea will fade once GBR is back in effect but I would like to see it as a regular occurence.

D1ABOLIK
Jul 1, 2008, 01:19 AM
QFFT!

If you're not going to add something like increasing exp and drops, what the hell is the point? Yeah it's great for new players, but the majority of people can run these missions on their own in 10 minutes.

WB may be spammed to death, but at least it gives decent rewards and top of much better experience and mission points.

It's an absolute joke to call this an event. It's just another sad attempt by 2 GM's that have zero control over anything they do in this game.

Pathetic.
Its something they are doing for the fan base. How can anyone complain? They need to increase drop rates and experience? Are you f'in kidding me. No they dont. You guys need to stop worrying so much about drops and experiece and play to have fun, which is what this is trying to establish. Just getting people together and having fun. Some of the people that spam white beast are the most miserable i have ever met. They dont even enjoy it, its like a job. If you will play a mission repeatedly that you dont enjoy because of MP and experience- why even play the game?

Chibi_psu
Jul 1, 2008, 01:24 AM
us exclusive event....i think they should worry about content updates and talk with sega japan and dont waste time on this....The idea is ok btw but theres no point in kiss gm ass for a t shirt or a inflate pete that never will ship to europe

Niloklives
Jul 1, 2008, 01:32 AM
Are you high? do you know how much most of us have run these maps? do you know how many people have played this game for thousands upon thousands of hours? "fun?" tell me what we should all think is fun! are you the authority on fun? next time I want to have fun do I need to check with you to make sure I'm doing it correctly? is there a guide book I missed out on?

....no I didn't think so.

the idea is fine for some people. but some of us have played this game to the point that these missions are simply no longer "fun" and when thats the case, one would NEED incentive to go there. otherwise who cares if its a hot spot or not? peopel who have never run it before. but if you're like me and have been playing for over a year and a half, its very hard to justify going someplace that you've run so many times you can run it in your sleep.

white beast is the same way for most people you say? I couldn't agree more. but at least the pay out is better there. plains overlord and sleeping warriors give out some of the worst mp and exp in the game. and there aren't a whole lot of drops there to speak of. give me incentive to go. or the event is pointless.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 1, 2008, 01:35 AM
What I don't get is why all the self proclaimed veterans keep playing White Beast, how many chars are you planning on getting to lvl 130?

Every real veteran doesn't mind if there are EXP or MP boosts, since they are maxed out anyway...

I like the idea of a weekly hotspot, but I will probably only play DeRagan since I don't want to be in a party when a PW drops and not get it... ^_^

D1ABOLIK
Jul 1, 2008, 01:58 AM
Are you high? do you know how much most of us have run these maps? do you know how many people have played this game for thousands upon thousands of hours? "fun?" tell me what we should all think is fun! are you the authority on fun? next time I want to have fun do I need to check with you to make sure I'm doing it correctly? is there a guide book I missed out on?

....no I didn't think so.

the idea is fine for some people. but some of us have played this game to the point that these missions are simply no longer "fun" and when thats the case, one would NEED incentive to go there. otherwise who cares if its a hot spot or not? peopel who have never run it before. but if you're like me and have been playing for over a year and a half, its very hard to justify going someplace that you've run so many times you can run it in your sleep.

white beast is the same way for most people you say? I couldn't agree more. but at least the pay out is better there. plains overlord and sleeping warriors give out some of the worst mp and exp in the game. and there aren't a whole lot of drops there to speak of. give me incentive to go. or the event is pointless.
You can play the game however you want. Im not telling you how to play the game. But why play a game if its lost its fun and you need an added incentive like you said? That seems like a waste to me. Plain and simple, if its not fun-why play it?

DjDragoon
Jul 1, 2008, 02:00 AM
The GMs are trying to experiment with some new ideas and are making an effort to do something for the community. I'm all for giving away PSU gear for big fans of the PS series and having people branch out, to appreciate all that PSU has to offer, is kinda cool too. I don't fully agree with their methods, but I'm glad to see something happening that gets the community buzzing (ex. this thread). Like my art teacher says, "any publicity, whether ppl like it or not, is a good thing". At least you'll have a chance to party with GMs and shoot them your own ideas.

autumn
Jul 1, 2008, 02:19 AM
I really like this idea. I have most of what I want out of this game seeing as I'm not a fiend about my palatte. My friends run tour-du-planets all the time just to avoid White Beast and it will be all the better to find other people to party with. I haven't gotten a partner card for anyone I party regularly with in a few months seeing as I'm never where everyone else is. At the bare minimum this has potential so why would anyone shoot it down? I'll take progress and encourage more over trampling over the only sign that people give a shit that we've gotten. Those of you who are BAWing about the 'lack of incentive' to enjoy a GAME need to go outside and get some fresh air.

I think the GMs are doing what they can, and while it isn't even a 100th of everything we want at least this is a beginning point, so lets roll with it.

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 1, 2008, 02:26 AM
I personally like the idea, it's pulling people away from White Beast (even though this wasn't needed for other people to play in different areas, but it's working from what I can tell). Also, it won't always be the same place.

I've also been playing since the first day of release of this game, and because of that I've done a hell of a lot of Plains Overlord/Sleeping Warriors but I really don't mind. I've been having the random urge of doing these missions lately, but it's boring when it's just you, your PM, and a NPC.

Niloklives
Jul 1, 2008, 04:30 AM
What I don't get is why all the self proclaimed veterans keep playing White Beast, how many chars are you planning on getting to lvl 130?

Every real veteran doesn't mind if there are EXP or MP boosts, since they are maxed out anyway...

I like the idea of a weekly hotspot, but I will probably only play DeRagan since I don't want to be in a party when a PW drops and not get it... ^_^

who said anything about playing white beast? I just said when it gets to the point that its all the same you go where the payout is good.

I honestly dont play that much anymore. I log in but I dont do runs unless someone asks to spend time with me cause I have 3 lvl 130s and a lvl 90. I'd have 4 130s if i didn't keep remaking my top slot. I have actually avoided white beast. until we got jaggo sonichis, I maybe ran white beast 5 times in all the time I spent on this game.

the "self proclaimed veterans" as you out it usually DON'T run white beast. they run anywhere they want in small groups on off unis or solo. the point i was making was to people who try to act like changing hotspots makes the game interesting. theres a reason no one runs plains overlord. theres a reason not many people run sleeping warriors. try to keep up.

You can play the game however you want. Im not telling you how to play the game. But why play a game if its lost its fun and you need an added incentive like you said? That seems like a waste to me. Plain and simple, if its not fun-why play it?

you missed the boat there. the point is most of us no longer think its fun and dont play because of the lack of content. I only play when my friends ask me to to spend time with them. so if they want people to come back or encourage them to play more, changing hotspots is meaningless when theres nothing good about those hotspots.

ThaPrez2k5
Jul 1, 2008, 04:40 AM
i like the fact that they are going to interact with us more but no offense sega, you have helped me a little in the past(different topic), but i think a majority of us want or need another exp/mp event SOON. on my first account i know of many people taht complain that there are too many "Newbs" that are catching up to them after all their hard work they put in and its not fair, but in my opinion we would like the events sooner rather than later it helps out more than this mission spotlight in where we can get together with fellow players..................or we can just log onto a JP account lol JK

xjustsumloser
Jul 1, 2008, 05:05 AM
at what time/days are the GMs actually supposed to be playing. Do they join your parties or do you have to try and find them. Anyone know any of their names?

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 1, 2008, 10:42 AM
Good idea but it is wasted potential. First, a lot of us never run with randoms so we will not be able to run with a GM. Second, Sleeping Warriors is my technic leveling area because I have a shot at getting a [B] Psycho Wand to drop. I never party here for this reason. Third, unless you magically find a party with a GM then there is no reason to run these missions. If they had done something more general like increase the drop rate for these two runs or added a special item that can be found as an area drop then it may have worked, but not like they have it now.

relentless
Jul 1, 2008, 10:49 AM
Well, it's a start, no?:P
And I think it's still in progress, first time they're doing it so far anyways.
As you said it would've been better if they technically would have changed something such as droprates, but sadly, GMs do not have the ability to do such things, from what I know.
YOU KNOW YOU WANT PETE!

Colonel Mustard
Jul 1, 2008, 10:53 AM
Oughtn't the GMs, perhaps, be spending this time, however long it is, trying to work with Sonic Team, who is in charge, to try to better the game, in ways that matter?

This is all very, very confusing.

AerisZeal
Jul 1, 2008, 10:58 AM
Oughtn't the GMs, perhaps, be spending this time, however long it is, trying to work with Sonic Team, who is in charge, to try to better the game, in ways that matter?

This is all very, very confusing.

Considering the GMs lack of ability to actually do anything (And that's not an insult, just the truth.), I would suppose that this is the best they could muster to deal with a very angry player base. There's no one we can really blame for any of this except ST and it seems they either don't care or are working quietly. I'm for the former considering they're based in Japan.

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
Considering the GMs lack of ability to actually do anything (And that's not an insult, just the truth.), I would suppose that this is the best they could muster to deal with a very angry player base. There's no one we can really blame for any of this except ST and it seems they either don't care or are working quietly. I'm for the former considering they're based in Japan.

At least someone understands what GMs can and cannot do. (I'm so tired of people yelling at GMs about these past events, lol)

Niloklives
Jul 1, 2008, 12:49 PM
who's yelling at GMs?

AerisZeal
Jul 1, 2008, 01:05 PM
who's yelling at GMs?

MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! RAAAWWRRR!! :etongue:

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 01:10 PM
No one is getting the point here.

The point isn't weather this was successful or not, the point was that Someone from SEGA listened to the people complaining about White Beasts and tried to do something about it.

desturel
Jul 1, 2008, 01:10 PM

LOL, someone with the tag "Hentai Enthusiast" is commenting on other people's comments. :D

People run white beast for a reason, its the best run for xp and mission points.

Not true. The best run for MP is currently Military Subway S (489) followed by:
Her Secret Mission S (450)
Egg Thieves S (400)
Bruce S (370)
SEED Awakened S2 (342)
Awoken Serpent S2 (261)
The Dark God S (251)
Desert Goliath S2 (238 )
Awoken Serpent S (236)
Electronic Brain S (231)

After all that comes White Beast S (216). You will get more exp at:
Military Subway S
Seed Awakened S2
Awoken Serpent S2
Awoken Serpent S
Electronic Brain S
Dual Sentinel S2

It's possible possible that Dark Satellite S2 has more exp as well, but I haven't really paid too much attention when I'm doing that run.

Llord Bacchus
Jul 1, 2008, 01:28 PM
it is true that there are other missions besides white beast that provide significantly more mission points but the other point is the experience may be more for the time it takes to complete the mission too

Kizeragi
Jul 1, 2008, 01:44 PM
Might give the next Spotlight a look, busy with Xbox Live right now. <_<

desturel
Jul 1, 2008, 01:52 PM
it is true that there are other missions besides white beast that provide significantly more mission points but the other point is the experience may be more for the time it takes to complete the mission too

I can solo (Tylor and PM) Awoken Serpent S2 as a fortetecher in 20~25 mins and get the S rank. I'm sure a group of 6 could do it in 15 mins or faster.

I have a group that can run Electronic Brain S in 15 mins including destroying Mother Brain (there are a lot of places you can split up to cut the time down).

It's not the time savings that have people run white beast exclusively.

This is the same thing that happened back in the Lab Recovery S2 days. Sure Tunnel Recapture S2 gave more exp, mp, and meseta, but Bil's and Drua were harder to fight than Jarba and Polavohra. Then they nerfed the Lab Recovery map to take out 90% of the Jarba (killing the "exp" excuse) and it became even more one sided.

Zantra
Jul 1, 2008, 01:58 PM
Eh, I can take it or leave it...

I just play whatever mission I want to play, with or without a group.

On UNI 13!

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 1, 2008, 02:33 PM
who's yelling at GMs?

Maybe not directly towards them (as in in game), but I have seen different posts by people blaming GMs for us not receiving MAG, or getting updates, as though they run PSU.

shintaHakamashi
Jul 1, 2008, 03:12 PM
lololol they are just tryin to waste our money on little kid toys that will be taking up space in our house. the t shirts will get moth holes and god knows what happen to that pm doll. im sorry but use the money to fix the game not toys please. seriously who in right mind gonna give out their address. ._. stop trying to hush hush us from fact you have screwed us for past few weeks. give us what promised.

a-NUB-is
Jul 1, 2008, 03:22 PM
Well at least it will help with goldania prices?

relentless
Jul 1, 2008, 03:24 PM
Well at least it will help with goldania prices?

As long as a certain person exists and thinks he's PSU's "market god" I doubt that.

lololol they are just tryin to waste our money on little kid toys that will be taking up space in our house. the t shirts will get moth holes and god knows what happen to that pm doll. im sorry but use the money to fix the game not toys please. seriously who in right mind gonna give out their address. ._. stop trying to hush hush us from fact you have screwed us for past few weeks. give us what promised.

And you registered just to post this?

a-NUB-is
Jul 1, 2008, 03:28 PM
You never know, if there are 5 pages of people getting solid goldania and relic edges, both could drop in price

Zarode
Jul 1, 2008, 03:28 PM
As long as a certain person exists and thinks he's PSU's "market god" I doubt that.

Here's a story I wanna hear.

relentless
Jul 1, 2008, 03:33 PM
You never know, if there are 5 pages of people getting solid goldania and relic edges, both could drop in price

Well, that, that may be true. Let's just hope it'll be just like this, although the spotlight will only last one week, let's see if that's enough to change something concerning the economy. :)

Here's a story I wanna hear.
I won't name names. lol
But yeah, ever since this certain person got unbanned (around end or middle of MAG) by Ruby, with his previously hacked items/meseta influenced our PSU a lot, not a lot of people noticed that some things kept being ridiculously overpriced. I don't know if it's still like this though, that person spent like 800mil+ meseta already iirc. Not telling shit.

a-NUB-is
Jul 1, 2008, 03:40 PM
I just hope this isnt something that distracts us from our promised updates. I was really gunning for the new level cap and Sakura Warpath announcements today

Middle
Jul 1, 2008, 05:30 PM
I just hope this isnt something that distracts us from our promised updates. I was really gunning for the new level cap and Sakura Warpath announcements today

sakura warpath will come out with the neudaiz GBR

Kylie
Jul 1, 2008, 06:21 PM
:lol: I was atually at Raffon yesterday and left because I plan to ignore it like I said I probably would in the thread. It seemed like a lot of people showed up, but I expect it to die down.

LaMBoLOgy
Jul 1, 2008, 08:59 PM
the misson highlight in my opinion, is a good idea. Those who choose to complain about mp, and exp should/could just run white beast to satisfy their needs. Games are intended to be fun. And fun is defined by an individual, not a collective. The state of psu ps2/pc, is a grave one. The negativity in the community will not go away, unless the community gets what it wants, which are constant competant updates. Unfortunately that will not happen outside of japan servers. New players will always flock to a hot spot, and most veterans are not concerned with mp and exp.

All of this incentive nonsense is ponitless, everyone does'nt have the same incentive, therefor do what's best for yourself. GMs are trying. And that's better than nothing.

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 1, 2008, 11:17 PM
Those who choose to complain about mp, and exp should/could just run white beast to satisfy their needs.

Agree.

easy123
Jul 1, 2008, 11:25 PM
F--K THIS S--t GAVE MAX ATTACT

gryphonvii
Jul 1, 2008, 11:29 PM
if mag is the only thing you want, then you should quit cuz its over already.

tailz
Jul 1, 2008, 11:44 PM
Its something they are doing for the fan base. How can anyone complain? They need to increase drop rates and experience? Are you f'in kidding me. No they dont. You guys need to stop worrying so much about drops and experiece and play to have fun, which is what this is trying to establish. Just getting people together and having fun. Some of the people that spam white beast are the most miserable i have ever met. They dont even enjoy it, its like a job. If you will play a mission repeatedly that you dont enjoy because of MP and experience- why even play the game?

Exactly.

and for all the slow people....

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y

(no offense to anyone) ;)

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 12:28 AM
Exactly.

and for all the slow people....

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y

(no offense to anyone) ;)

Good joke is Good. :D :yes: :D

Sega011
Jul 2, 2008, 12:34 AM
So is the MP increased for these missions?

Ogni-XR21
Jul 2, 2008, 12:36 AM
I had a lot of fun at the mission hotspot yesterday. I think it's a great idea and I don't even care about the give-aways at all. It's just nice to have a different mission than WB where you can play with 'strangers' once in a while.

I hope people keep coming to those hotspots in the following weeks, hell even if it's just for the first few days of the week I'm fine with it.

Edit: No MP or EXP increase.

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 12:42 AM
I had a lot of fun at the mission hotspot yesterday. I think it's a great idea and I don't even care about the give-aways at all. It's just nice to have a different mission than WB where you can play with 'strangers' once in a while.

I hope people keep coming to those hotspots in the following weeks, hell even if it's just for the first few days of the week I'm fine with it.

Edit: No MP or EXP increase.

Agreed. Can't wait for one of them to be the G-colony's missions. Which we need a lot more of.

Nobby
Jul 2, 2008, 08:51 AM
Is it just me or is any other EU players pissed that this appears to be US only.

JP > US > EU

Sheesh

Wiz
Jul 2, 2008, 09:11 AM
Ugh, right when I decide to take a break, huh? Guess I have to renew my account...

EDIT:

plains overlord and sleeping warriors give out some of the worst mp and exp in the game. there aren't a whole lot of drops there to speak of. give me incentive to go. or the event is pointless.
lol pwand? :roll:

Ogni-XR21
Jul 2, 2008, 11:12 AM
@Nobby: Well a GM was around yesterday when I was online, of course it was already evening (9pm GMT+1) but there still quite a few people there imo.

EMPYREAN
Jul 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
Is it just me or is any other EU players pissed that this appears to be US only.

JP > US > EU

Sheesh

im mad too.
FU U.S

Niloklives
Jul 2, 2008, 07:39 PM
Ugh, right when I decide to take a break, huh? Guess I have to renew my account...

EDIT:

lol pwand? :roll:

alright wrap your head around this:

the people hunting this weapon were already there and did not wish to fun with other people.

there is no incentive to hunt the weapon more feverishly since there is no increase in drop rates.

for those who don't want a pwand this event actually hurts them more than helps them in terms of gains.

you're going to renew to meet a GM? I'd continue arguing with you, but i don't fight with the mentall handicapped.

hans4
Jul 2, 2008, 08:36 PM
so GM's will just randomly join partys right? you dont have to put anything in the title for the GM to join right? and when does the event end?

Jainsea
Jul 2, 2008, 11:03 PM
wow ^^ seems this is going along well :) yay to the GMs.
I hope I can get back on before this all goes away.
I hope the GMs keep this alive moving around to different missions.
imo it shows they at leastcare for the players :)

DraginHikari
Jul 2, 2008, 11:40 PM

the people hunting this weapon were already there and did not wish to fun with other people.

there is no incentive to hunt the weapon more feverishly since there is no increase in drop rates.

for those who don't want a pwand this event actually hurts them more than helps them in terms of gains.

you're going to renew to meet a GM? I'd continue arguing with you, but i don't fight with the mentall handicapped.

Well someone could easily say wrap your head around this: Some people don't necessarily care about any of that.

This concept of doing grinding the same mission all the time for the sake of the exp and mp alone could be considered just as brain dead because it's just as boring and futile as anything else.

This game doesn't require enough time to experience points to have to turn it into the standard MMORPG area pattern where you go to the same place to level continuiously. People just make it that way.

White Beast is one of the dullest missions to me now simply because of how much it's done and the fact that it's just not really all that fun anymore.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 3, 2008, 01:38 AM
Yesterday was fun, AGAIN!

I think this is also because people who run at these mission spotlights are doing it for fun AND NOT FOR MP/EXP ALONE! I'm really having a good time at this "event" and really hope that people will come to these hotspots each week.

All those "I need to be as effective as humanly possible gaining MP/EXP" can stay at White Beast. And OMG there were players yesterday that - beware - were sometimes using the wrong element to fight enemies!!!1!! o.O

RemiusTA
Jul 3, 2008, 10:06 AM
This event is pointless. I spammed those two missions more than White Beasts anyway.

Its like they gave up on ever trying to pull new members since they royally FUCKED up MAG, so they are just going to resort to medicore schemes like this to keep us happy.

Oh, and to soften the blow when they announce MAG2 is canceled.

Gunslinger-08
Jul 3, 2008, 10:20 AM

More people running the mission means more P-wand boards dropping. (this "more" doesn't have to be by much, but my point stands) If you don't want to run with people while you hunt it, it at least should put more boards on the market and drive the prices down a bit, right?

Wiz
Jul 3, 2008, 11:03 AM

lol, wow :lol:

First of all, I assumed that there were increased drop rates; I guess I shouldn't have done that seeing as the GMs are running it. Why would you think I would "renew to meet a GM?" Ha. And seeing as how the drop rates aren't increased, I probably won't renew now, anyway.

Second, I'm not the one starting an argument lol. You decided to reply to my post.

Finally, if there are more people searching for a P-wand, then wouldn't you think there would be more P-wands to find, hm? Maybe have the prices lowered, hm? ...Am I going too fast? The poster above me gets it. Also, EXP and MP doesn't matter if you have a capped char or three.

Internet is serious business! :roll:

Kizeragi
Jul 3, 2008, 11:29 AM

First of all, I assumed that there were increased drop rates; I guess I shouldn't have done that seeing as the GMs are running it. Why would you think I would "renew to meet a GM?" Ha. And seeing as how the drop rates aren't increased, I probably won't renew now, anyway.

Second, I'm not the one starting an argument lol. You decided to reply to my post.

Finally, if there are more people searching for a P-wand, then wouldn't you think there would be more P-wands to find, hm? Maybe have the prices lowered, hm? ...Am I going too fast? The poster above me gets it. Also, EXP and MP doesn't matter if you have a capped char or three.

Yes, it is.

JAFO22000
Jul 3, 2008, 11:39 AM
More people running the mission means more P-wand boards dropping. (this "more" doesn't have to be by much, but my point stands) If you don't want to run with people while you hunt it, it at least should put more boards on the market and drive the prices down a bit, right?

In a regular market, yes, but this is the PSU market. People will sit on a board because they believe it to be worth a certain amount (i.e. "This Psycho Wand board is worth 35 million because that is what everyone else is selling it for. Instead of dropping it below that price, I will price it the same or higher than them even though it won't sell....).

dreamcaster0
Jul 3, 2008, 08:55 PM
?????

RemiusTA
Jul 3, 2008, 08:59 PM
No. It isnt a real event, just some bullshit ploy from the GMs to shut you all up.

Indica
Jul 3, 2008, 09:12 PM
There is an increased chance of Psycho Wand dropping since more people are doing that map now ;)

AerisZeal
Jul 3, 2008, 10:55 PM

Hence my:

MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! RAAAWWRRR!! :etongue:

I'm sorry but some people seem to be taking this event as some sort of personal insult. SoA and the GM team can't fix our problems so getting angry at them doesn't do anything. Getting angry at each other doesn't either. Yes we've been patient, yes we're getting screwed on customer support but as long as you're paying that $10 no one is making you sit here and take it except yourself. And while even I myself am angry with how we've been treated as paying customers, I'm still paying for the game, so I'm not complaining. Frustrated but not complaining.

Are the GMs at least trying? Yes.
Is it a real event? Not really.
Does it benefit anyone? That's really a matter of personal opinion isn't it?

So what's to complain about? If you'd rather go about your business as you were fine, but please stop attacking one another just because some actually like this idea.

You're posting on a message board for a generally unpopular game mostly about looking pretty. Any arguments hereafter are moot.

Adriano
Jul 3, 2008, 11:01 PM
No. It isnt a real event, just some bullshit ploy from the GMs to shut you all up.

seriously, how many ANGAR pills did you take today :lol:

KunoTatewaki
Jul 3, 2008, 11:12 PM
LOL, I was there when Ruby aka Melchoir announced this thingy. Fun times :p

RemiusTA
Jul 4, 2008, 12:44 AM
seriously, how many ANGAR pills did you take today :lol:

they're cherry flavored!

Gen2000
Jul 4, 2008, 02:52 AM
Meh, it was just nice to go and see a decent list of games somewhere else other than White Beast. Makes the game seem more alive. Yeah we all did these missions to death before but this is only the beginning, I look forward to when they move to better missions.

Also in own way kind of helps the market place some, i.e. since more people are spamming SWS2 there are more Pwands on the market, Relic Edges drop in price some (not much but better than before), Goldania too maybe (I haven't checked). Huge Cutter is the new Crimson now heh. There could probably be more Kan Yu/Cati/Powers on the market too if more people did POS2 instead.

Maybe because I didn't think of this as an "event" it didn't get me angry like some others here.

desturel
Jul 4, 2008, 08:05 AM
Huge Cutter is the new Crimson now heh.

Crimson doesn't bother me. It allows me to use some of that Cladorian I have stacked up. Huge Cutter on the other hand is a waste of catilium and par walna.

Wiz
Jul 4, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry but some people seem to be taking this event as some sort of personal insult. SoA and the GM team can't fix our problems so getting angry at them doesn't do anything. Getting angry at each other doesn't either. Yes we've been patient, yes we're getting screwed on customer support but as long as you're paying that $10 no one is making you sit here and take it except yourself. And while even I myself am angry with how we've been treated as paying customers, I'm still paying for the game, so I'm not complaining. Frustrated but not complaining.

Are the GMs at least trying? Yes.
Is it a real event? Not really.
Does it benefit anyone? That's really a matter of personal opinion isn't it?

So what's to complain about? If you'd rather go about your business as you were fine, but please stop attacking one another just because some actually like this idea.

You're posting on a message board for a generally unpopular game mostly about looking pretty. Any arguments hereafter are moot.
This.

Gen2000
Jul 4, 2008, 11:54 AM
Crimson doesn't bother me. It allows me to use some of that Cladorian I have stacked up. Huge Cutter on the other hand is a waste of catilium and par walna.

Crimson wastes Par Walna too but yes Catilium seems to be a problem for most so I can understand that part since there are much, much better things to use it on.

desturel
Jul 4, 2008, 12:16 PM
Crimson wastes Par Walna too but yes Catilium seems to be a problem for most so I can understand that part since there are much, much better things to use it on.

Par Walna isn't so bad by itself. If I ever need any, I run Mad Beasts S2. It would take me about an hour to get about 15+ if I don't fight Gol Dova. Catillium is more of a PITA. I have a stack of 99 that's on reserve for when real 12* weapons are released. My non-reserve is saved for weapons I'll actually use. Not for items I'm just making for the heck of it.

autumn
Jul 4, 2008, 12:17 PM
o.O I look for stuff to use my catilium on seeing asw it doesn't sell for enough atm for me to empty the stock I've gotten off of SW runs and failed synths.

Gen2000
Jul 4, 2008, 12:29 PM
My Par Walna stash is almost dried up mainly from Rattlesnake, Grand Cross, Blackheart, Bulletdance etc, etc mainly GRM weapon 11* synthings.

I also use a lot of Cladorian on Slicers and Whips but in comparison to Catilium drops, Cladorian drops waaaaaaaay more easily so it basically feels like I have unlimited amount of them. I usually get about 3-4 per Awoken Serpent solo run. I farm Catilium at Bruce with a friend plus whatever ones drop from True Darkness/Mother Brain solo runs so I'm never hurting for that either.

Adriano
Jul 4, 2008, 12:31 PM
its almost as if theyre two different rarities :disapprove:

Niloklives
Jul 5, 2008, 05:39 AM

by now you should know that economics doesn't work on PSU. psycho wands have actually gone up in price over the past week.

but whatever. you clearly weren't even reading the thread when you started spouting off. so I'm not gonna bother saying anything else to you.

Wiz
Jul 5, 2008, 08:07 AM
by now you should know that economics doesn't work on PSU. psycho wands have actually gone up in price over the past week.

but whatever. you clearly weren't even reading the thread when you started spouting off. so I'm not gonna bother saying anything else to you.
Ok, you got me there.

*reads thread*

Hey, looks like you were the one "spouting off" throughout the entire thread.

Look bud, I just reponded to your post of "there are no good drops there" with a good drop that drops there. I wasn't arguing. Geez.

If you don't think the event is a good idea, then just don't go. Stay at White Beast.
I think it's nice that the GMs are at least TRYING to get the community to do something other than White Beast. Yeah, these missions have been spammed to death in the past, but isn't it nice to get away from White Beast for a while?

Whatever, I don't even have a renewed subscription, so what do I care? :lol: