PDA

View Full Version : Hunting for Grand Cross

HolyOrderSaek
Jun 30, 2008, 03:20 PM
My character, to my recollection ( I haven't played since I got 65'd out of MAG) is about level 105. The only thing I want to do before being satsified with quitting PSU is to get Grand Cross. All my friends have permanently left PSU after this latest fiasco, so I'm probably going to be solo'ing for this cause.

I believe Mother Brain S is the only place this dropped. How hard is this mission to solo? I know I won't get S rank, but all I need is the item drop. Also, hunting for the synth materials...

I'm a newman female FighGunner, so my stats aren't top notch either... what level should I be before starting this endeavor? Should I try it now or not? I had hoped to be closer to 130, but I lost out on the majority of MAG for levelling....

Any suggestions/recommendations?

gryphonvii
Jun 30, 2008, 03:25 PM
Just get good light and ground weapons and good light/ground bullets for twin handguns, and preferbly crossbows becasue those will help out. Tornado dance mobs of the orcdillians, and also the big guys to keep them out of the fight, and when yyou get to mother brain try to take out her arms as fast as possible, Tornado dance the arms for quick damage when youget a chance then just attack the body with as much as you can. Other than that IDK what yuou can do.

relentless
Jun 30, 2008, 03:26 PM
You want to go through the fuss for an item before you quit? lol
Eh, ok...

Anyways, at your current lvl and considering your race and class are not "top notch" (I assume including your equipment), I'd say it's rather hard to solo, at least compared to other missions, that is.
But yeah.... why?lol

HolyOrderSaek
Jun 30, 2008, 03:29 PM
I don't know why, I've been seeking Grand Cross for a long time... it's just what she should be using, not Two-Headed Ragnus; I want Saeki to be complete before she (semi-)permanently retires.

I might come back for an event or expansion or if Segac gets off their lazy bums and fix things, but otherwise my childhood has been trampled on enough.

relentless
Jun 30, 2008, 03:39 PM
Now thinking logically, I think I'd wish for you to not get a GC so you don't quit. lol
But yeah, heh..

Just get good light and ground weapons and good light/ground bullets for twin handguns, and preferbly crossbows becasue those will help out. Tornado dance mobs of the orcdillians, and also the big guys to keep them out of the fight, and when yyou get to mother brain try to take out her arms as fast as possible, Tornado dance the arms for quick damage when youget a chance then just attack the body with as much as you can. Other than that IDK what yuou can do.

TD won't help against the Orcdillands.
Knocking the Ardite down isn't smart, TD isn't really for heavy damage I think either.
Use Slicer to kill Mom's arms and yeah, eventually Majarra when her arm is smashing to the ground.
Overall, if you want to top notch the mission, use Majarra and Slicers. Lol If you don't want to since you hate those overrated PAs, alternatives are Spinning Strike/Gravity Break, Assault Crush.. and others eventually.
Oh yeah, dark armour with Freeze and Stun / Resist helps (Lightning for Mom) and obviously right weapon elements.

gryphonvii
Jun 30, 2008, 04:06 PM
Ardite are usually accompanied by a mob, so I TD the big guy to keep him down and out for a few seconds while I focus on others, should've mentioned to back off then to avoid his breakdance move, man who knew the seed could bust a move like that, stylish and damaging.

TecherRamen
Jun 30, 2008, 08:16 PM
you need two things: tornado dance for the level so nothing can hit you. and either rising strike or rensen saiden ga for the boss.(also remember to shoot the arms)

Alia
Jun 30, 2008, 08:51 PM
I highly recommend Majarra for Mom, as well as Ikk Hikk once her arms are gone.

I successfully obtained my Grand Cross by soloing the mission numerous times as a Human Female; not THAT much of a stat boost from a Newman Female. Aside for the spear and knuckles, all of the other weapons and PAs I used was Fortefighter stuff. Like Twin and Single claws, and Axes....

But hey, my stats aren't "top notch" and I still did the runs in a decent amount of time. Hope this gives you some boosted morale! :)

GaNksTa
Jun 30, 2008, 11:05 PM
Just curious.. do you want the Grand Cross for looks or power?

HolyOrderSaek
Jul 1, 2008, 08:09 AM
Both? Although, the reason I want it as badly as I do is because on a small Newman girl, things like Ragnus and Tyrant Spada don't quite look right, and even if I wasn't a small Newman, I don't find them visually appealing.

Given, the Grand Cross is a pretty good weapon over all. (Certainly better than Heavy Twins, which is the next thing down that I like the look of).