PDA

View Full Version : July 4th Content Update?

GrinneBeteS
Jun 30, 2008, 11:21 PM
What is everyone thinking we will get this Friday?

Im thinking Neudaiz GBR if we don't receive Mag V2

or we'll just receive a small piss poor excuse for a update (Visual Tech Nerf)

Chuck_Norris
Jun 30, 2008, 11:27 PM
I uhh...Kinda doubt we'll get an update on the 4th of July, lol.

Para
Jun 30, 2008, 11:29 PM
SOA declares independence from their Japanese overseers. Fixes PSU the way we want.

McLaughlin
Jun 30, 2008, 11:31 PM
SOA declares independence from their Japanese overseers. Fixes PSU the way we want.

More along the lines of "Sonic Team declares independence from their cognitive capabilities and shove their thumbs in their mouths."

I'm not holding my breath for an update until the end of July. At least, definitely not on the 4th.

Ken_Silver
Jul 1, 2008, 12:03 AM
I don't think we'll be getting any updates this week, unforunately. In return and in attempt to avoid a potiental meltdown, the GM's came up with their own little "event" called the Weekly Mission Spotlight. It's a good idea, none should argue otherwise, but the potiental of such an idea is limited because a GM's power is small and perhaps even significant...

If we get anything, we might get MAG v2, but that's a shot in the dark.

Proff
Jul 1, 2008, 12:11 AM
I see absolutely no reason (that makes any sense) as to why we can't get an update this week. No reason whatsoever.

Ken_Silver
Jul 1, 2008, 12:12 AM
I see absolutely no reason (that makes any sense) as to why we can't get an update this week. No reason whatsoever.

The reason, because Sega of Japan doesn't want us too.

The sad, sad truth. :nono:

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 12:33 AM
no content till the 18th im afraid :(

imfanboy
Jul 1, 2008, 12:59 AM
no content till the 18th im afraid :(
Which is why... I canceled.

Gonna go with Gamefly instead. At least that way I'm getting the game I pay for.

Maybe I'll resubscribe when they give us the rewards.

Maybe.

Chibi_psu
Jul 1, 2008, 01:28 AM
usa gms have no power to do updates....Its all sega japan work so they can only do stuff like that new event.Thats why they are giving real prices and no ingame content.

Sasamichan
Jul 1, 2008, 05:25 AM
The Japanese site hasn't made an update yet, so no update this week.

ErtaiClou
Jul 1, 2008, 09:28 AM
Wouldn't they at least reset the lobby?

JAFO22000
Jul 1, 2008, 09:41 AM
What do you need an update for??? We just got the MISSION SPOTLIGHT!!! It's AWESOEM!!!!!!!!!!

Omega_Weltall
Jul 1, 2008, 09:55 AM
I've been saying this since before PSUv1 cameout, "The US version is going to be gimped". Now I hoped i was wrong and Segac was going to give us regular updates, and they have. BUT, now we're seeing the reneging on that deal. ... Where's that "How to join JP Server" link?

Powder Keg
Jul 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
There is no way in hell we're getting an update on a Holiday. I'd be beyond shocked if we did.

Magician
Jul 1, 2008, 10:00 AM
Nothing, not even a hug and/or a handshake.

If we're lucky, maybe something on July 18th.

Colonel Mustard
Jul 1, 2008, 10:09 AM
What do you need an update for??? We just got the MISSION SPOTLIGHT!!! It's AWESOEM!!!!!!!!!!Being busy, I have not, as of yet, had a chance to visit the, awesome, mission spotlight.

The choice, if they actually chose it, of course, of De Ragan and Sleeping Warriors, two missions from launch, is curious. Correct me, if I am wrong, although I seldom am, but, again I might be, but probably am not, mistaken, aren't these missions already played, or mission-ed, as it were, to death?

In other words, a bit more graphically, I suppose, I still feel dizzy from the giant gash in my head, and the bandaid you gave me, while thoughtful, is still entirely useless and not what I need.

JAFO22000
Jul 1, 2008, 11:18 AM
Being busy, I have not, as of yet, had a chance to visit the, awesome, mission spotlight.

The choice, if they actually chose it, of course, of De Ragan and Sleeping Warriors, two missions from launch, is curious. Correct me, if I am wrong, although I seldom am, but, again I might be, but probably am not, mistaken, aren't these missions already played, or mission-ed, as it were, to death?

In other words, a bit more graphically, I suppose, I still feel dizzy from the giant gash in my head, and the bandaid you gave me, while thoughtful, is still entirely useless and not what I need.

Yeah, there are two missions that people are doing already but NOW you can get a cool t-shirt or an inflatable Pete!! Doesn't that make it oh so much better????!!!!! I for one have TOTALLY forgotten about the other issues! My house is on fire and ST, instead of dousing the flames or doing SOMETHING to quell the blaze, has offered to help me with my taxes. Why do I need help with my taxes when my fricken HOUSE is on FIRE!!!!

I mean, you have a huge gash on your head and ST is focusing on the small scratch you have on your leg. As a matter of fact, they refuse to look at your head to see the gash even though your complaining about it. "At least this scratch on your leg won't get infected!!!"...

Powder Keg
Jul 1, 2008, 11:22 AM
What people don't realize is that this is what the GMs are doing, and they have pretty much 0 control over what updates we receive and when we get them. It's good to see that they're actually trying to give a shit to keep the community alive.

And who cares about the prizes? The real prize is getting the hell out of White Beast.

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 11:23 AM
What do you need an update for??? We just got the MISSION SPOTLIGHT!!! It's AWESOEM!!!!!!!!!!

if it wasnt for that my friend who quit 3 months ago would've never have gotten back into the game. we started level new characters at white beast, then we get the announcement and move to Raffron Field Base, we go there and alternate between the 2 missions till it gets late, then we go do White Beast to help him get closer to lvl 100 to do egg theives, then were gonna get a party of 4 and do the different Party missions.

This game needs variety, and if this spotlight can make people move to a different area even just for a little bit, I am happy for it.

Also sega lready said no update till the 18th >.>

but i know next week we'll see a very similar topic :D

Colonel Mustard
Jul 1, 2008, 11:34 AM
So, indeed, for those of us who do not, and did not, spam white beast, this is a meaningless, completely so, gesture.

If only, I wish, this solved a problem I had!

The community, whatever that means, on xbox360, at least, which is where I am, come find me, is fine, in terms of missions all over the place. This is, in a word, stupid.

JAFO22000
Jul 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
What people don't realize is that this is what the GMs are doing, and they have pretty much 0 control over what updates we receive and when we get them. It's good to see that they're actually trying to give a shit to keep the community alive.

And who cares about the prizes? The real prize is getting the hell out of White Beast.

I understand that GMs are worthless, but are we really supposed to get excited over THIS? What is it accomplishing? I'm over 9 years of age, so an inflatable Pete or wristbands just don't appeal to people in my age range. BTW, here's a secret: You can leave White Beast whenever the hell you feel like it! I don't consider that a prize or incentive at all. As a matter of fact, my friends and I actually ran White Beast last night to protest. HA!

Colonel Mustard
Jul 1, 2008, 11:40 AM
As a matter of fact, my friends and I actually ran White Beast last night to protest. HA!That, I must say, is CLASSIC!

Well played, sir!

Powder Keg
Jul 1, 2008, 11:50 AM
BTW, here's a secret: You can leave White Beast whenever the hell you feel like it! I don't consider that a prize or incentive at all. As a matter of fact, my friends and I actually ran White Beast last night to protest. HA!

Here's another secret: On the PC/PS2 side, there are virtually no parties elsewhere. So if none of your friends are on, let alone agree to go somewhere instead of boring PA leveling all day long, you're pretty much screwed. Soloing only goes so far before you're bored out of your mind.

As I mentioned before--the real prize is getting the community to go elsewhere and meet new people in different places.

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 11:55 AM
Here's another secret: On the PC/PS2 side, there are virtually no parties elsewhere. So if none of your friends are on, let alone agree to go somewhere instead of boring PA leveling all day long, you're pretty much screwed. Soloing only goes so far before you're bored out of your mind.

As I mentioned before--the real prize is getting the community to go elsewhere and meet new people in different places.

its just as hard to find a party on 360, there are some other places, but usually they're soloing or rare hunting so its either locked, they ask u to leave, or in a rare case they let u stay lol

JAFO22000
Jul 1, 2008, 12:01 PM

Couldn't one just have easily met these same people in White Beast missions? Then this new found group of players can run whatever missions they want. Just because the whole community has switched from running one mission to running another mission doesn't affect one's ability to find friends. Just because the school dance moves from the cafeteria to the gymnasium doesn't mean the losers are now going to be able to dance with the prom queen....

That, I must say, is CLASSIC!

Well played, sir!

Thanks for your celebrity endorsement Colonel. Give my regards to Scarlett!!

Powder Keg
Jul 1, 2008, 12:04 PM
There are a lot more people in the lobbies for events like this. Most people who are in White Beast, do not want to leave White Beast. I've found a few people who I've exchanged cards with and teamed up with elsewhere, but it really doesn't happen that often.

Colonel Mustard
Jul 1, 2008, 12:34 PM
its just as hard to find a party on 360, there are some other places, but usually they're soloing or rare hunting so its either locked, they ask u to leave, or in a rare case they let u stay lolI, myself, find, without even looking, friendly people, or couples cuddling, at many different lobbies, from Galenigare Lake, running Goliath or Lab, to Kego Clearing, running Demons or Moonlit, to Raffon Field, running Dragon or Relics, to, of course, pavilion, running White Beast, on the 360! Why, just yesterday, a friendly random person, a fighgunner, even, complimented me on my PAs and palette; and, prior to that, I met a very, very funny couple enjoying the view at the Lake. Given, in each experience, their friendliness and, dare I say, eagerness, to converse with strangers, I find your claims, with all due respect, a bit outrageous.

Now, I am of a friendly, overly at times, sort, but, I hesitate here, I might suggest, softly, that the problem on the 360, where you play, and I, as well, is not the others, but, just maybe, you, whose past and attitude is not unknown to many. Enough, though, of that!

Off to White Beast! My dark bullets are among my lowest, honestly. JAF02000, perhaps I will see you, and your friends, there! Look for the dapper cast!

Llord Bacchus
Jul 1, 2008, 12:57 PM
i daresay, when the event of sonic's birthday ends, we will see a reduction in the amount of peeps jao hunting

my friends and i will run a couple of times at white beast to get a couple of rare spawns and then we're off to other runs

actually, sakura blast is now one of my more favorite missions to run on!

Zorafim
Jul 1, 2008, 01:31 PM
There is no way in hell we're getting an update on a Holiday. I'd be beyond shocked if we did.

In situations like this, most companies would update the day before to avoid complaints by the fans...

Yeah, nothing's going to happen.

JAFO22000
Jul 1, 2008, 01:33 PM
Off to White Beast! My dark bullets are among my lowest, honestly. JAF02000, perhaps I will see you, and your friends, there! Look for the dapper cast!

You, sir, seem like quite the Southern Gentleman. Perhaps there is a place for condiments on my team, huzzah! Hopefully you smell better than the two stinky beasts I was running with last night (BTW, Colonel, we roll play when we run missions! It's the best!).

McLaughlin
Jul 1, 2008, 06:48 PM
Being busy, I have not, as of yet, had a chance to visit the, awesome, mission spotlight.

I'd put this in my sig, but it's both too long and too awesome to truncate.

I salute you.

Ken_Silver
Jul 1, 2008, 07:07 PM

This post here wins the thread. OMG you can find a party outside of White Beast on the PC/PS2 servers?!? That IS an accomplishment. I am thankful to the GM's for trying to do something, since no one here in the Western Hemisphere has the power to do elsewise.

And here is an ancient chinese trade secret: This mission spotlight changes EVERY WEEK. So it is at these two places for only a while, until it changes locations. I bet they picked these two locations so that people who spam WB might go here instead. The loss would be a bit of MP and EXP but also get the chance to run a different mission. If they picked a mission with NO value whatsoever, then NO ONE would want to go there at all. At least these two missions aren't WB. You gotta take these kinds of things slow. More so, when you don't have any power to do anything.

Kylie
Jul 1, 2008, 07:07 PM
Same. They said we might not get any content until the 18th, but that' "we won't see content until the 18th" in SEGA's language. They're like those parents that say maybe instead of no to keep their kids from whining.

Abashi76
Jul 1, 2008, 10:48 PM
Will they get rid of Sonic's B-day by July 4th, at least?

McLaughlin
Jul 2, 2008, 01:30 AM
Will they get rid of Sonic's B-day by July 4th, at least?
Chances are they won't even be working, so I sincerely doubt we'll even have maintenance this week.

Chibi_psu
Jul 2, 2008, 07:31 AM
Nothing this friday:

http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=188