PDA

View Full Version : Dream a little MAG2

DAMASCUS
Jul 1, 2008, 01:41 AM
Since the hammer is about to fall on whether we get a MAG extension, this would be a good opportunity to get all of hopes out in the air.

I made this poll multiple selection so whatever makes sense to you click away!

Here are expanded explanations for the different ideas:

No Compensation: A majority of US AOTI players were able to enjoy MAG to its fullest. For the people that did not there is just no appropriate compensation; no the free month does not count since it was to help them build the new billing site.

The last 2 rewards: Grind bonus + Sange. Everyone worked towards this goal. XBox 360 players and PC/PS2 players alike worked hard to achieve these but due to the billing error we were unfairly undermanned by just enough that we could not reach the points needed. Sidenote: the promise of the second MAG suggested we could make up the points later.

PC/PS2 Spreadneedles: The worst tragedy of this event was the breaking of the leaderboards. It was so exciting to compete for the most points to win one of 500 spreadneedles. Then it broke. People who had earned their place on the board fell away and unfairly lost their chance at the prize. A few people would be annoyed that everyone is running around with spreadneedle/g but not being able to play MAG has already lost the servers many players.

MAG' + Gifts: For some bizzare reason they did not give us the MAG' levels and the Gifts from Beyond after the event was done. Now we have badges just sitting around that could be used to get that last item we missed or maybe an extra Pushan ;)

MAG Extens.: By my own level of reasoning the idea of putting an extension into effect seemed like a stretch even before it was delayed. If they can't even institute regular updates correctly with minimal glitches(ROLLBACK) how could they possibly create something that was not originally intended as part of the update schedule and also add a leader board? It is a dream not a lie.

More Badges: If we were given some badges in our common box and the exchange mission to use them..that would be nice!

MAG S2 : We would all be more interested in an extension if it were actually an upgrade :D Lets run through with level 150 monsters and flood the market with 11* rares and see a couple of 12*!! - Credit goes to PikaChief ;)

beatrixkiddo
Jul 1, 2008, 01:46 AM
My dream is for SEGA of America to finally be able to run the English/International servers properly, but that's not on your poll!

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 02:01 AM
i almost picked just the last 2 rewards then i saw my name and said ohhh MAGS2!!! lol i didnt get it XD

-Crokar-
Jul 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
i just want it to die so all these threads about whether we get it or not will go away

Wiz
Jul 1, 2008, 10:35 AM
Just give us the last 2 rewards; the extention is not going to happen.

Plus, for those who wanted a Spread/G, there's going to be a regular one anyway...>_>

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 11:25 AM
Just give us the last 2 rewards; the extention is not going to happen.

Plus, for those who wanted a Spread/G, there's going to be a regular one anyway...>_>

I cant wait next year for one X.x

saving up money as we speak, i got 30 mil how much do u guys think it'll sell for? :P (360 servers)

DAMASCUS
Jul 1, 2008, 12:12 PM
My dream is for SEGA of America to finally be able to run the English/International servers properly, but that's not on your poll!

I would agree but someone has to scrub the toilets and get drunk half way through his shift. Oh, and he gets paid under the table..

Yuudai_Riisu
Jul 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
Are you sure about that? Cause a GM said it would be available doesn't mean shit. Take it as a grain of salt.

Simmy
Jul 1, 2008, 12:39 PM
In my opinion, It would be complete BS if they didn't bring it MAG back. Tons of ppl have badges because there was no warning on the 360 server that the servers were going down!
Maybe if we could just get the gifts from beyond and some sort of compensation I would be happy. :)

pikachief
Jul 1, 2008, 01:03 PM
Are you sure about that? Cause a GM said it would be available doesn't mean shit. Take it as a grain of salt.

I know, thats y Sega of Japan said it lol >.>

No one believes anyone about anything anymore XD

a few days ago i said that in the new event the JP had, that shigga pakudas dropped and then i was accused of spreading rumors :/

its the same way the Holy Ray/ D has a regular version too lol

I just hope people dont sell the spreads for SUPER HIGH PRICES.

for that shotgun i consider 30 mil a good price, anything below it is low, 50 is high, and anything above 50 mil is too high for me for a shotgun :/

Ken_Silver
Jul 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
Good topic, DAMASCUS. I'm going to go with the last two rewards. It's fair enough and it allows us to move on without bothering the MAG 2 haters.

You don't understand the pain of being 65'd. So don't say you don't want MAG 2. (Not directed towards OP, but towards anti-MAG players. *cough*360*cough)

Error 65 is like AIDS. You're stuck with it for the rest of your PSU life, but there is treatment for it. (Not the best comparasion, I am sure, but you feel the gravity of its point.)

Darius_Drake
Jul 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
I would like MAG to come back. I would like to actually earn the last two rewards instead of having them given to us. I also would like there to be some fairness to those who were cheated out of playing MAG due to Error 65. As an added bonus it would be sweet to make it an update as well and bring out MAG S2. We could actually test our characters against the highest level enemies yet. If they don't do that at least release the post MAG version of the mission in levels C-S instead of C-A as a gift to the players for this miscue.

DAMASCUS
Jul 2, 2008, 12:20 AM
You don't understand the pain of being 65'd. So don't say you don't want MAG 2.

I did get 065'd for most of the event as was forced to play MAG from the ground up with an alternate account. It was still fun but I was really pissed about how the billing error was handled. They tell us nothing, don't acknowledge us, and then try to make it up to us with something that sounds too good to be true. I would have been much more excited if they said that we could obtain more badges after the event from MAG'. At least that would sound realistic.

I saw a rumor that although SOA wanted to give us MAG2 that SOJ would not give them permission to do it. That rings true to me given the amount of players affected.

I just hope that our US people get creative with our compensation...

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 12:23 AM
I did get 065'd for most of the event as was forced to play MAG from the ground up with an alternate account. It was still fun but I was really pissed about how the billing error was handled. They tell us nothing, don't acknowledge us, and then try to make it up to us with something that sounds too good to be true. I would have been much more excited if they said that we could obtain more badges after the event from MAG'. At least that would sound realistic.

I saw a rumor that although SOA wanted to give us MAG2 that SOJ would not give them permission to do it. That rings true to me given the amount of players affected.

I just hope that our US people get creative with our compensation...

That quote of mines wasn't directed towards you, more towards the people who don't want MAG 2. I had a feeling that you are Pro-MAG 2. :D

And I also heard that rumor too. Seems pretty valid too.

Damn you, Sega of Japan. :mad:

Ruru
Jul 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
i'd rather have MAG back as a whole the way it was. couldn't care less about an S2 version. I actually lol'd at more badges because the prizes you can get for them weren't that great. pushan and chao staff are about the best things you can get and i have 4 of each from the runs i did. the only real reason i want MAG back though is mostly because one of my friends got 65'd during that and my other one had to make a new character and needs to catch back up to us and MAG would help that out alot.

DAMASCUS
Jul 2, 2008, 03:54 PM
I just realized that we can probably still get Twin DBs and Twin Rubies as an area drop in MAG'. At least I hope thats the case..

relentless
Jul 2, 2008, 03:56 PM
I just realized that we can probably still get Twin DBs and Twin Rubies as an area drop in MAG'. At least I hope thats the case..

Yeah we can... if it gets released... sometime... in the future. lol

edit: Agreed to beatrixkiddo.

Kizeragi
Jul 2, 2008, 04:01 PM

This please, screw MAG now. I just want a DECENTLY runned online RPG <_<

... but, if they can do both, by all means. Do it.

Kylie
Jul 2, 2008, 04:42 PM
MAG' and last two rewards is what I are about the most.