PDA

View Full Version : My MGS4 Christian Review

Toadthroat
Jul 1, 2008, 04:41 PM
(Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) In Metal Gear Solid 4, you play the role of Snake, a soldier who uses stealth to sneak around a battlefield on a mission to steal guns from the Patriots (and to choke people from behind). As his name implies, Snake is actually a symbolic agent of Satan, sent into the world to finish what he started in the Garden. Evidence of this symbolism can be seen by Snake's use of an Apple iPod throughout the game (Apple is a notorious promoter of Darwinism and Counter Culture ). Also, Meryl, who guides Snake via a disembodied voice, uses an Apple Macintosh computer (I think Meryl is supposed to represent Satan himself, but all the symbolism is very confusing since it was written by a Japanese guy). This game promotes drug use (Snake is addicted to cigarettes and the HDD installation process features an 8-minute video of Snake teaching players how to smoke), eugenics through human cloning (Snake was the product of a project to clone "super soldiers"), disrespect of Authority (Snake's main enemy in the game are the Patriots, who represent the Christian founders of our nation), and Materialistic Determinacy with an absence of Free Will (every game in the MGS series is a remake of the first, only with a different Snake clone, the theory being that by putting the clones through the same missions, they will develop into the same person). MGS4 was designed to train those who will be left behind after the Rapture to serve in the Antichrist's military forces. As such, it has no value for the Christian gamer, who is among the Elect and won't have to deal with that, but it may help the unsaved to know the tactics they will be up against in a post-Rapture world should they choose to join the fight against the Antichrist and secure themselves a place among the Sheep when Christ returns. Therefore, I am giving it ONE CROSS for this slight benefit. †

TalHex
Jul 1, 2008, 04:47 PM
well come to america :wacko:

Shadowpawn
Jul 1, 2008, 04:53 PM
I want a second opinion. One cross is a cross too many, this is why the Christian Monthly Gaming Mag is going down hill!

VanHalen
Jul 1, 2008, 04:58 PM
Haha I remember that site. I think they said PSO was good Christian fun right?

TalHex
Jul 1, 2008, 05:00 PM
indeed they did, i was laughing at that during a censorship project at school

CrimsomWolf
Jul 1, 2008, 05:05 PM
Don't we all love religious zealots???

(they make good assult units in RTS games.)

TalHex
Jul 1, 2008, 05:06 PM
Don't we all love religious zealots???

(they make good villains in tales games.)

indeed

CrimsomWolf
Jul 1, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hmmm..... well that option works as well doesn't it?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 1, 2008, 05:38 PM
Haha I remember that site. I think they said PSO was good Christian fun right?

OMFG THEY USING MAGICSS!!!!!1111!!!11oneone

"No no, silly bible thumper! They're using Techniques!"

"OH OKAYS YAY FOR THE FAMILY"

._.

MaximusLight
Jul 1, 2008, 06:18 PM
Yeash, I am Christian, I done have a problem with it.
Seriously who put the sick up that one? GTA vice city, yeah I don't particulary like, but so long as you know it's just a game and you let it take up unusually large portions of your life I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 1, 2008, 08:32 PM
but so long as you know it's just a game and you let it take up unusually large portions of your life I really don't think it's that big of a deal.
This statement is full of win.

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 09:54 PM
Where did you get that? I want to see the PSO one. :(