PDA

View Full Version : Ranger 5... where to go?

Sega011
Jul 1, 2008, 11:54 PM
Do I just work for FG? I've always liked hybrids in other games, but I heard the FG has some OK melee which would be nice... Or do I go GT? I'm a Cast so I fear leveling Force as that :P My two favorite weapons are Shotguns and Dual Handguns, although I've limited my gun use almost strictly to shotguns and a back up rifle for those flyers lately just because PP usage is so much better on them than handguns, but I love them... Any opinions?

gryphonvii
Jul 1, 2008, 11:56 PM
Go for FG, its not too hard, and its worht it just to get anger over with. The option to go to more classes means you are more flexible. Believe me, down the line you will want to go FG and then you'll have to switch back to ranger. Just ghet it over with.

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 11:57 PM
Level both and go PT.

ashley50
Jul 1, 2008, 11:59 PM
Level both and go PT.
What he said

Sega011
Jul 2, 2008, 12:20 AM
Why PT?

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2008, 12:40 AM
Because it's awesome and requires RA5/HU5/FO5

Sega011
Jul 2, 2008, 12:45 AM
I would, but I don't have any idea how to juggle all those weapons, and traps at the same time. Plus the Protranser guide makes it seem like its more of a hassle than anything.

Namira
Jul 2, 2008, 12:46 AM
Get both of them, leveling basic classes isn't hard at all.

Fortegunner will allow you to use S-rank shotuns, Guntecher will allow you to use S-rank twin handguns.

And if you level both fortegunner and guntecher to 10, you'll be able to use Gunmaster when it gets released, which has S-rank shotguns, twin handguns, and rifles.

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2008, 12:47 AM
Is that a pre-AoI guide? It was a rough class then. EX traps alone make it pretty awesome, let alone its weapon selection.

Sega011
Jul 2, 2008, 12:52 AM
I believe its pre-AoI. Where do I even get traps, though? Do I synth them? I know I've picked a few up...

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2008, 01:01 AM
I believe its pre-AoI. Where do I even get traps, though? Do I synth them? I know I've picked a few up...You can, but it's much easier to just buy them.

PT has horrible starting stats, but it gets good later on.