PDA

View Full Version : Shop idea: NFS option

Turb0
Jul 2, 2008, 01:18 AM
Since I've been trying to get a hold of a love inferno for a while, I can't help but notice it's way too hard to find out what's out there. So tonight, while just sitting in my room and searching random items, I came up with an idea. Basically instead of putting something up for max and saying it's NFS, there would actually be an option for it. For most items this isn't a problem, but for things like love infernos, amore tips, high grinded psychos, rattlesnakes, etc. they would be bought if they were in a shop for max.

If someone tries to buy an item with the NFS option on, it will just say “This item is not for sale.” It will also only be available when putting something up for max so people wouldn’t spam up the list with rattlesnakes for 1 meseta. After you select the price, it gives you the option: For Sale or Not for Sale. When you search and an item is not for sale, it will say “NFS” to the right of the name of the item. This would allow people to display these items making it much easier for potential buyers to find out about them.

So...ummm, what do people think?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 2, 2008, 01:19 AM
No. The point of having a shop is to sell items.

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2008, 01:21 AM
I use my gacha for extra storage throw in a stack of neutral photons and set the price to max, your items are safe, if someone wins one of them off you, they deserve the damn thing.

Adriano
Jul 2, 2008, 01:24 AM
well you could always write something about your love inferno/amore tippies, in your ad, and leave it in the storage. or post a thread on her in the trade forum. But basically yeah if you put things in shop, theyre supposed to sell.
But I get what you meant, maybe they could add a showcase or something to the shop feature, where you put a few higher valued items in it or what have you, but the other methods are effective.

DISCO
Jul 2, 2008, 01:26 AM
It would be convenient for those wanting to take offers on weapons or armors worth more than max. It would also put an end to the "pic's or it didn't happen" posts.

McLaughlin
Jul 2, 2008, 01:27 AM
No. The point of having a shop is to sell items.

Yeah. If it's not for sale, don't throw it in the one place dedicated to the contrary.

AlliThePally
Jul 2, 2008, 01:32 AM
lolwut, No, I like having things in for 999s bcause I can make patterens with them when Im bored :D

Turb0
Jul 2, 2008, 01:38 AM
I use my gacha for extra storage throw in a stack of neutral photons and set the price to max, your items are safe, if someone wins one of them off you, they deserve the damn thing.

The only downside of that is you can't search for it, so unless you put it in your ad no one would know until they happened to go in your room. And even the ad search doesn't always bring up consistent results. I just did an ad search for something that's in my ad and it didn't bring mine up even when I'm on that character now. And the problem with posting on the forums is not everyone checks them, so if someone has the item you're looking for but isn't on the forums, they wouldn't help you at all.

Adriano
Jul 2, 2008, 01:41 AM
then lobby spam. :lol:

Abashi76
Jul 2, 2008, 01:58 AM
They key to doing that is just to have all 9s on the price. Nobody I know of has that kind of money.

Adriano
Jul 2, 2008, 01:59 AM
They key to doing that is just to have all 9s on the price. Nobody I know of has that kind of money.

oh they exist. a few times over too.

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2008, 02:06 AM
There are people with as many as four stacks of max meseta, it's hardly safe if they want it.

Kylie
Jul 2, 2008, 02:11 AM
I think increasing the max by one more value (999,999,999) would be easier and more effective. It would be nice to have some way to auction off stuff rather than using the bulletin board and setting things at max or using PSOW / the main board though, so I see what you're saying. Eh, I'll vote yes because it wouldn't hurt.

APEXi
Jul 2, 2008, 02:19 AM
dont put shit in your shop you dont intend on selling. zomg!

Seority
Jul 2, 2008, 02:27 AM
He means that items that are worth 99mil or more, those who are trying to sell it, but want more then 99mil will advertise that they have it for sale, but for higher then the max meseta. So for those, like him, who are looking to get those expensive items know who have it and will be willing to trade it for something.
I believe just having a "Not buyable"/'Nogotiable" option of some sort is fine, then a "Not for sale" tag. If it's really not for sale, don't put it in your shop! Lol.
I understand your point and I do think it's a good idea.

Colonel Mustard
Jul 2, 2008, 07:39 AM
1. This thought, as old as greed, is not novel, having been suggested, or complained about, what have you, for as long as players, lacking sense, have had the urge to show off. Write it, in searchable terms, in your ad.

2. This thread, unfortunately, is not in Japanese, the PSU language of, how do I put it, getting things done.

3. Good morning!

Turb0
Jul 2, 2008, 02:58 PM
1. This thought, as old as greed, is not novel, having been suggested, or complained about, what have you, for as long as players, lacking sense, have had the urge to show off. Write it, in searchable terms, in your ad.

2. This thread, unfortunately, is not in Japanese, the PSU language of, how do I put it, getting things done.

3. Good morning!

That's a lot of commas lol. Anyway, the purpose of this wouldn't be to show off although that could be done more easily with it. The purpose of this feature would be to have the ability to search for an item that may be worth more than 100 mil and actually see who has it. While some people have suggested just putting it in your ad, I'll say this: I've had something along the lines of "looking for love inferno, post on my BB if you're selling one" in my ad for over a month. Only 1 person has left me a bulletin letting me know that he was selling one, and even that person might have only done it because I went in his room while he was in there, before he posted on my BB, to see what offers he had.

Contrast that with the 6 people that I've talked to about them through either this forum or the official forums, and you'll see that the ad thing isn't the best option. And while I've talked to the most people through the forums, the 2 that I've come closest to actually buying weren't on the forums.

Also, have you people actually used the ad search a lot? Try searching "inferno" 3 times in 5 minute intervals, and even though the ads won't have changed, I'd be willing to bet that at least 2 of those times you got different results.