PDA

View Full Version : List the classes in order of most damaging.

Sega011
Jul 2, 2008, 03:30 PM
I think it'd be interesting to see what people think after Fortefighter.

Xieveral
Jul 2, 2008, 03:41 PM
IMO Fortetechers do some nasty damage :3

With the right equipment and high spells they could rival the damage of Fortefighters

relentless
Jul 2, 2008, 03:48 PM
fF
fG
fT
I'm a forte-whore so dunno about hybrid ones. lol Maybe Fighgunner or Protranser after those 3. ;l

Kizeragi
Jul 2, 2008, 03:57 PM
Fortefighter (by a gap of 8 billion+ miles.)
Fortetecher
Fighgunner
Fortegunner (If bullets are 31+ swap with Fighgunner)
Protranser (would be lower but traps are killer)
Acrofighter
Acrotecher
Wartecher
Guntecher

:/

chaoskila
Jul 2, 2008, 04:03 PM
Fortefighter (by a gap of 8 billion+ miles.)
Fortetecher
Fighgunner
Fortegunner (If bullets are 31+ swap with Fighgunner)
Protranser (would be lower but traps are killer)
Acrofighter
Acrotecher
Wartecher
Guntecher

:/
guntechers bad ass tho.
crossbows?

Inazuma
Jul 2, 2008, 04:10 PM
1. Fighmaster
2. Gunmaster
3. Masterforce

Sega011
Jul 2, 2008, 04:11 PM
You really think Acrotechers out damage Wartechers?

Kizeragi
Jul 2, 2008, 04:13 PM
ZOMG CROSSBOWS, UBER DAMAGE WEAPON. No.

Acrotechers destroy Guntechers.

relentless
Jul 2, 2008, 04:16 PM
Fighmaster
Gunmaster
Masterforce
forteFighter
Fighgunner
forteGunner
forteTecher
Protranser
Wartecher
Acrofighter
Acrotecher
Guntecher
imo.

(actually I think Masterforce should be placed between fG and fT, but I like that Master > forte order. <.<)

Itsuki
Jul 2, 2008, 04:19 PM
guntechers bad ass tho.
crossbows?

Problem is, now that figunners can get level 30 bullets, they deal comparable damage with crossbows. Also, if theres too many gunners in party, it can decrease the overall damage since you can't stack DoTs. Guntechers, Acrotechers, and Wartechers are very versatile, and fill in holes in parties. But on their own they're not that great.

Guntechers really only shine with status effects though. They're the best class for dealing them, since they have access to basically all status effects (all guns with level 40 bullets, level 30 debuffs, S-rank Shadoogs), but sadly, damage, is subpar at best. They're definately the worst class for raw damage, no arguing that. But, in a party where theres no other rangers, they can usually effectively be one of the highest damage dealers because they can inflict DoTs.

Everything is a bit situational. This makes master classes hard to place aswell because of their very limitted weapon selection they destroy certain areas, and fail at others. Its probably better to make it a Tier list, rather than a straight list:

1st Tier:
fF

2nd Tier:
fT, fG

3rd Tier:
Master Classes

4th Tier:
AT, AF, Phi

5th Tier:
WT, GT

The 2nd and 3rd tier can be swapped depending on situation. But the MAJORITY of the time, a fT or fG will do better than a GM or MF, atleast from my limitted experience.

goldbrease
Jul 2, 2008, 04:20 PM
currently as ive switched to FI to try beating tylor. i have found my damage doesn't hold a candle to my damage when i'm a FF. althoe the close range triple hit with a cross bow and high chance of smacking status effects on is nice. burn level 3!

considering why does pe wiki only show info on bullets up to level 30, not 31-40?
i forgot to mention traps, don't forget the traps.
what level status effect do the ex traps do?

mvffin
Jul 2, 2008, 05:18 PM
FF
FG
FI
AF
PT
FT
GT
WT
AT

Its really race dependent though.

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 05:21 PM
LOL, someone mentioned Tiers. :razz: But this is not a Smash Bros Brawl board, so I won't say a thing...

Anyways, you guys are forgetting something.

The last 3 classes:

Hunter
Ranger
Force

LOL, safety for the win. :D

currently as ive switched to FI to try beating tylor. i have found my damage doesn't hold a candle to my damage when i'm a FF. althoe the close range triple hit with a cross bow and high chance of smacking status effects on is nice. burn level 3!

You having a problem doing that too? I'm a Lv 90, Job Lv 20 Wartecher and I still can't beat that guy. I'll try again once I reach Level 100. (In a thousand years.)

Matic
Jul 2, 2008, 05:29 PM
You having a problem doing that too? I'm a Lv 90, Job Lv 20 Wartecher and I still can't beat that guy. I'll try again once I reach Level 100. (In a thousand years.)

I've done it as a Wartecher, by using Lv.21+ Majarra with a 32% fire spear.
HE WON'T GIVE ME THE BOARD, THOUGH. :-x

edit: Also, I pop an agtaride right off the bat.

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 05:31 PM
I've done it as a Wartecher, by using Lv.21+ Majarra with a 32% fire spear.
HE WON'T GIVE ME THE BOARD, THOUGH. :-x

*Looks to his 18% 0/10 grind fire spear and Lv.21 Majarra.*

Wow, percentages do make a difference. Too bad I can't afford that kind of spear. :disapprove:

gryphonvii
Jul 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
are we dealing with the average plyer or top tier work? Cuz not everyone has 7+grinded rattlesnacs or psychos with max arts.
On average I'd say
FF
Tie FT/FG
tie Figh/PT
Tie WT/AF/Gt/AT
FF being the easiest to work wit. For the other classes, none but the top players have the skills and weps to maximize output.
oh and I've beat tylor as an acrotecher, much easier than WT, 31+ shifta and 24% crimson. I got my blackhearts of mother brain though, stopped bothering with tylor

Inazuma
Jul 2, 2008, 06:02 PM
1st Tier:
fF

2nd Tier:
fT, fG

3rd Tier:
Master Classes

4th Tier:
AT, AF, Phi

5th Tier:
WT, GT

The 2nd and 3rd tier can be swapped depending on situation. But the MAJORITY of the time, a fT or fG will do better than a GM or MF, atleast from my limitted experience.

limited experience is right. the master types completely destroy their forte counterparts. when it comes down to it, the master types are basically just stronger versions of the fortes. if you are just comparing the attack stats, the master types do appear to be weaker, but once you learn that they have higher level PAs and much faster attack speed (and movement speed in the case of FM), you will quickly understand that they can easily surpass the fortes.

im not trying to bash you on this, just fill you in. many other players had the same initial thoughts about the master types too.

Kylie
Jul 2, 2008, 06:31 PM
Fortefighter
Fortegunner
Acrofighter
Fortetecher
Fighgunner
Acrotecher
Portranser
Guntecher
Wartecher (:()

Itsuki
Jul 2, 2008, 06:32 PM
limited experience is right. the master types completely destroy their forte counterparts. when it comes down to it, the master types are basically just stronger versions of the fortes. if you are just comparing the attack stats, the master types do appear to be weaker, but once you learn that they have higher level PAs and much faster attack speed (and movement speed in the case of FM), you will quickly understand that they can easily surpass the fortes.

im not trying to bash you on this, just fill you in. many other players had the same initial thoughts about the master types too.

Blah blah blah, Inazuma nonsense. for techers, masterforce probably has ft beat. But for the others, their very limitted weapon selection is very restricting. They are not better in every way as inazuma tries to say. In ideal situations, yes, the master class is going to win out. But its not always ideal situations.

This isn't a thread to debate the merits of master classes, but if you take gunmaster compared to fortegunner for example, which is the one I have the most experience with, the gunmaster has no melee at all, no gernades, etc. So against certain types of monsters (mainly large monsters), they're gimped. The same can be said for fighmaster. You have a very restricted arsenal, including no guns at all, which limits your abilities in certain situations. So yes, if you're fighting a room full of badira, then yes, the master classes will always win out. But if you're taking into account all areas, then the fortes probably win out.

Inazuma
Jul 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
Blah blah blah, Inazuma nonsense. for techers, masterforce probably has ft beat. But for the others, their very limitted weapon selection is very restricting. They are not better in every way as inazuma tries to say. In ideal situations, yes, the master class is going to win out. But its not always ideal situations.

This isn't a thread to debate the merits of master classes, but if you take gunmaster compared to fortegunner for example, which is the one I have the most experience with, the gunmaster has no melee at all, no gernades, etc. So against certain types of monsters (mainly large monsters), they're gimped. The same can be said for fighmaster. You have a very restricted arsenal, including no guns at all, which limits your abilities in certain situations. So yes, if you're fighting a room full of badira, then yes, the master classes will always win out. But if you're taking into account all areas, then the fortes probably win out.

i havent played as hunters or rangers, but ive played w/ them and from my exp watching them, the master types run circles around the fortes. i know lina plays as GM/FM and that says a lot to me b/c he is such an outstanding player. lina, if you are reading this, it would great to get your input.

itsuki chan, im comparing the types overall. of course there are few missions where FM cant hit a switch due to lack of range, and in that case FF could win out, but generally speaking, the masters will kill faster than the fortes.

oh btw, im assuming the master type player is using good equip. i know its a lot more expensive to get good gear for a master type than it is for a forte. maybe fG is better for you b/c you dont have the really high end GM gear yet? if thats the case, i understand how fG could work out better for you. whatever works for you is fine. play psu the way you want to. hell, i play as MF which is pretty pathetic compared to FM and GM, but i enjoy using techs.

autumn
Jul 2, 2008, 07:00 PM
Fortefighter
Fortetecher / Fortegunner
Acrofighter / Fighgunner / Protranser (traps)
Acrotecher / Guntecher (I've seen some wicked GTs)
Wartecher (sorry, but I feel it is a pretty gimp class atm, maybe when support is raised...)

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 07:13 PM
Fortefighter
Fortetecher / Fortegunner
Acrofighter / Fighgunner / Protranser (traps)
Acrotecher / Guntecher (I've seen some wicked GTs)
Wartecher (sorry, but I feel it is a pretty gimp class atm, maybe when support is raised...)

It's a Trap! We can't be the WORST class. Then again... any class whose labeled the weakest class would probably say that. Still though... :disapprove:

Rayokarna
Jul 2, 2008, 07:15 PM
gunmaster has no melee at all, no gernades, etc. So against certain types of monsters (mainly large monsters), they're gimped. .

Shotgun can hit two targets for 5 hits each at point blank, Rifle staggers everything, Laser Cannons can hit over 1k per shot. I think there far from gimped. After watching the videos they seem to be in a class of there own.

autumn
Jul 2, 2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry Ken just a matter of preference I guess. Its alt season because I don't want to get through 10 levels of WT. I know some diehard WT fans though and I say to each their own!

Rayokarna
Jul 2, 2008, 07:21 PM
How does GT out do WT in terms of damage.

I thought Melee damage > Everything else?

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry Ken just a matter of preference I guess. Its alt season because I don't want to get through 10 levels of WT. I know some diehard WT fans though and I say to each their own!

Thanks. I'll admit though: I do seem to have a hard time putting out high numbers, even with my job level maxed. That and the lv 20 support is a problem. But I'll hold on to this class. If it really is gimped, then ST will fix us up some more. Remember the Guntechers of old? They got a kick in the pants and now I have a good time playing my GT alt.

Now I am inspired to play online again. Hope this motivation lasts long. :D

*boots up PSU on labtop*

You'd be suprised... Look at how they can use thier support to power up their guns. Plus they are away from the action, so they can play it safe.

autumn
Jul 2, 2008, 07:24 PM
Tell me about the GT boost. A newman GT is like 100-150 tech off of a newman FT (both female and level 130) I want to know what all that tech is supposed to do with level 20 attack magic?

Kizeragi
Jul 2, 2008, 07:26 PM
No class is the "worst".
No class is the "best". (until fF came along)

It's the player NOT the race/class/uber equips
Some guy could have all 50% 11*'s and still be a noob.

gryphonvii
Jul 2, 2008, 07:28 PM
GT will get lv 30 attack techs soon, when masters come out I think.;

Neith
Jul 2, 2008, 07:40 PM

I want to know this too. I've always known GT as a very poor class for damage. WT isn't amazing, but even just having Lv30 Majarra/Vivi Danga should count for something.

These threads usually turn out bad though. That's why I'm advising anyone who can't take someone's opinion to not click the following spoiler button.

Opinions following, not facts >_>
[spoiler-box]
Top Tier: Fortefighter
High Tier: Fortegunner, Fighgunner, Acrofighter
Mid Tier: Acrotecher, Protranser
Low Tier: Fortetecher, Wartecher, Guntecher.

Move WT up to mid tier when they get Lv30 support techs.[/spoiler-box]

Rayokarna
Jul 2, 2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry but in terms of PURE damage out put WT wins hands down. The difference of level 20 and 21 buffs dont make that much of a difference for the ATP gap. Given the fact that WT have crap loads of DFP/HP to keep taking his while dishing out and having access to the some of the melee weapons with PAs with high ATP Mods(Twin Claws, Spear, Sword,).

Hell, if you want to put it on terms of stats in a enviroment where there on their own(the only real way to measure a class damaging ability) PT should be down there with them, even with traps.

WT has alot more going for it than people think. But to say is does LESS damage than GT is pretty silly.

And to explain my reasons of putting PT down there is because oh the low ATP for one. And it has the worse ATA out off all Melee and Gunner classes except for WT(Which has more ATP/DFP/HP/EVP/MST and TP). And even with the use of EX Traps, for the simple fact that you can't change weapon while it's active and keep it going, loses alot of it's solo uses.

For the simple fact the PT has alot of hard single hitting single weapons paired with low ATA makes alot of difference and on it's own loses the class alot of marks.

Sadly I don't have the numbers or pictures to back up my point so take it with a hint of salt.

EDIT: Grammer mistakes

autumn
Jul 2, 2008, 08:04 PM
Its just what I've seen in parties, some of these types aren't anything I've played. Maybe I've had the ill luck to not come across a good WT but the few I've seen were just... not. I know most mixed types require some ability to use well, and once again this is all just by observation.

Tek[+]Lok
Jul 2, 2008, 08:20 PM
Depends on how much damage you do per time. I notice most sword photon arts deal out damage pretty quickly, while you see techers hit 1000s, but their cast rate isn't always the greatest.

So in that case I would consider that the two speed classes might have a chance, simply because they can really add up. (I forget what they are called....)

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 2, 2008, 08:55 PM
Shotgun can hit two targets for 5 hits each at point blank, Rifle staggers everything, Laser Cannons can hit over 1k per shot. I think there far from gimped. After watching the videos they seem to be in a class of there own.
Exactly, female cast with everything maxed does little over 2200 with laser, and around 1100(x5~10) with shotgun. Say you land all 10 hits with the shotgun on an enemy with multiple hitpoints, the only way you'd ever hope to outdamage that using grenade is with doranga which kills you in 2 hits anyway, less if you get lucky with crits(blame chaosknight). Actually, the rate of fire of grenade is slower than that of a GM with shotgun, so you still wouldn't be able to outdamage a GM with a shotgun.

As for melee, when was the last time you saw a fG in a random party actually try to melee something? Never? Even if the enemy takes half damage from bullets as long as it has more than one target point you'd still kill it faster by shooting it point-blank between two points, only enemy I can recall that has only one point and takes half damage is Bil de Vear, similar enemies such as Jarba, Ryugutass, Tengohg, etc, are all weak against bullet damage. Not to mention as a fG, your melee is capped at a pathetic level 20.

New power units (Chaosknight +360ATP) give classes with inherently low ATP a bigger boost to total damage than classes with already high base stats.

The same can be said for fighmaster. You have a very restricted arsenal, including no guns at all, which limits your abilities in certain situations.
As opposed to a fF with their peashooter handgun and lvl 20 bullets... What's the difference?

i havent played as hunters or rangers, but ive played w/ them and from my exp watching them, the master types run circles around the fortes. i know lina plays as GM/FM and that says a lot to me b/c he is such an outstanding player. lina, if you are reading this, it would great to get your input.
Observation: Itsuki's main is female newman with the lowest ATP combination of any race/gender possible, spends most of his time taking potshots at the enemy with rifle from afar. Here he's whining about lack of melee on GM though it's doubtful he'd even have the balls to run up and actually melee a Svaltus or Ardite because he'd just be knocked back and thoroughly trod on (Ardite Body Slam!).

Back on topic, the award for the "most damaging" class goes to FM...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/psu20080623_152923_000-1.jpg

Followed by GM and then MF, learn how to make use of your limited arsenal and how best to overcome your weaknesses, the rest ain't worth touching anymore.

a-NUB-is
Jul 2, 2008, 08:55 PM
I am saddened by the people who are putting Fighgunner so low on their lists. I do a ton of damage with my Fighgunner, it just isn't concentrated to one enemy. Fighgunners do group damage and I think people forget that. It is OBVIOUS that Fortefighers do the most, but I think, personally, that a Fighgunner is a solid second.

ForteFighter
Fighgunner
Fortetecher

Rayokarna
Jul 2, 2008, 09:06 PM
Exactly, female cast with everything maxed does little over 2200 with laser, and around 1100(x5~10) with shotgun. Say you land all 10 hits with the shotgun on an enemy with multiple hitpoints, the only way you'd ever hope to outdamage that using grenade is with doranga which kills you in 2 hits anyway, less if you get lucky with crits(blame chaosknight). Actually, the rate of fire of grenade is slower than that of a GM with shotgun, so you still wouldn't be able to outdamage a GM with a shotgun.

I was supporting GM lol

New power units (Chaosknight +360ATP) give classes with inherently low ATP a bigger boost to total damage than classes with already high base stats.

Wouldn't that go for all classes. Thought so wouldn't it still be the same?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 2, 2008, 09:12 PM
I was supporting GM lol
Wouldn't that go for all classes. Thought so wouldn't it still be the same?
And I was supporting your post lol
With total ATP made up of base+unit+weapon, the character with lower base is going to notice a bigger jump in damage with a new unit, that and chaosknight has a -100 ATA stat which would probably hurt WT more :P

Adriano
Jul 2, 2008, 09:16 PM
yay GT?

Rayokarna
Jul 2, 2008, 09:26 PM
And I was supporting your post lol
With total ATP made up of base+unit+weapon, the character with lower base is going to notice a bigger jump in damage with a new unit, that and chaosknight has a -100 ATA stat which would probably hurt WT more :P

If you just bring Base Stats and weapons into it. WT will still trump over GT. I dunno, what would you have the comparrason like in JP?

and thank you :3..

Pop TaRt
Jul 2, 2008, 09:55 PM
fortefighter 4 sure BUT if a techer has lvl 31+ spells there pretty good to

Itsuki
Jul 2, 2008, 10:03 PM
You have a very restricted arsenal, including no guns at all, which limits your abilities in certain situations. So yes, if you're fighting a room full of badira, then yes, the master classes will always win out.

Back on topic, the award for the "most damaging" class goes to FM...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/psu20080623_152923_000-1.jpg
Panon, Badira, same thing.

I'm not denying that in some situations master classes have the potential to do the most damage. Just that in some situations, they fail to do that damage. So forte classes are much more complete of classes.

I think the AVERAGE fortefighter compared to the AVERAGE fightmaster will do more damage in most situations. I'm sorry we can't all be elitists like you lina.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 2, 2008, 11:20 PM
Panon, Badira, same thing.

I'm not denying that in some situations master classes have the potential to do the most damage. Just that in some situations, they fail to do that damage. So forte classes are much more complete of classes.

I think the AVERAGE fortefighter compared to the AVERAGE fightmaster will do more damage in most situations. I'm sorry we can't all be elitists like you lina.
Example?
Considering that more recent missions, such as Seed Express which has rooms filled to the brim with large spawns of Panon, Deljabans and a few Ardites that FM can pretty much OHKO with jabroga, I don't see where forte would excel over master.

In fact the current trend in the newer missions tends towards larger spawns of weaker enemies, so your argument about being effective against panon and badira is moot.
Take for example the recent event mission, Badira+Golmoro with the occasional Jarba and then Svaltus and Rygutass in B2. You're not going to argue that forte is gonna clear them out quicker than a master because he can shoot the Jarba and Rygutass with a handgun or are you? I've seen too many fortes get their attacks interrupted by svaltus's knocback because they were too slow to execute over master.

btw, is the AVERAGE op asking which AVERAGE class can do the most AVERAGE damage or something? Sorry, but FM has more potential than fF, if you like being AVERAGE so much that's your choice. Even Pro-Force Midori can tell the difference between fF potential and FM potential...

goldbrease
Jul 2, 2008, 11:42 PM
LOL, someone mentioned Tiers. :razz: But this is not a Smash Bros Brawl board, so I won't say a thing...

Anyways, you guys are forgetting something.

The last 3 classes:

Hunter
Ranger
Force

LOL, safety for the win. :D

actually ive beaten him once! when i managed to not mess up the traps on him except the last 1.
but he just dropped meseta. (like 11k)

I blasted him over and over with just the cross bow but i can't get it to tag burn on him and he seems to break out of the hits stun effect after 3 or so hits so the burn traps are essential.

i tried running the mission right after to try gbetting taylor card but forgot to buy traps so i spamed the cross bow but couldn't get burn 3 onto him.

Bear...
Jul 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
Fortefighter

Sega011
Jul 3, 2008, 12:05 AM
I'm still extremely shocked to see Wartecher so low on lists. I was hoping to play some WT... :( Maybe I'll just force my CAST to be a Fortegunner (after all my favorite weapon ARE shotguns)...

djmacken
Jul 3, 2008, 12:18 AM
IMO they would be in this order (excluding master classes)

1. Fortefighter
2. Fortetecher (level those techs!)
3. Fortegunner
4. Fighunner
5. Wartecher / Protranser
6. Acrotecher
7. Guntecher

Acrofighter is not on the list because I do not have much experience with them. Also there is no way Acrotecher and Guntecher can be higher up the DPS list then Wartecher. I have played many hours into all of those classes and I can tell you that Wartecher melee DPS wins out. Like a previous poster said Dus Majarra is enough right there. Also Renzan for the twin claws does sick damage. Wartechers have higher ATP then Protransers whereas the only benefit to Protranser being S rank Spears and Swords. It is ridiculus how much more damage Wartechers do with whips over Acrotechers as well.

Status effect usefulness has seriously declined since the expansion came out. Things die incredibly fast as it is. I can tell you the last hit of Renzan or Dus Majarra will do thousands more than any weapon on the Guntecher or even Acrotecher pallete.

Acrofighter13
Jul 3, 2008, 12:18 AM
fortefighter
fighgunner
fortetecher
fortegunner
protranser
guntecher(crossbows)
acrotechers
wartecher
acrofighter

pikachief
Jul 3, 2008, 01:05 AM
i think its FF, FG, FT(if u do it right), AF and the rest im unsure

norrisj15
Jul 3, 2008, 01:21 AM
Ok, obviously most of yall don't have experience with some of these classes. This is coming from someone who has played everything.

Fortefighter
Fortegunner
Acrotecher
Fortetecher
Fighgunner
Acrofighter
Protranser
Wartecher
Guntecher

If you've ever seen a good acrotecher, you'll understand. I can honestly say they could outdamage fF in many situations. No newman aT garbage. Cast/beast aT are supreme.

djmacken
Jul 3, 2008, 01:44 AM
Norris,

Out of curiosity which melee PA would AT have that out damages level 30 Dus Majarra? (when comparing Beast/Cast AT to WT)

MSAksion
Jul 3, 2008, 05:09 AM
Problem is, now that figunners can get level 30 bullets, they deal comparable damage with crossbows. Also, if theres too many gunners in party, it can decrease the overall damage since you can't stack DoTs. Guntechers, Acrotechers, and Wartechers are very versatile, and fill in holes in parties. But on their own they're not that great.

Guntechers really only shine with status effects though. They're the best class for dealing them, since they have access to basically all status effects (all guns with level 40 bullets, level 30 debuffs, S-rank Shadoogs), but sadly, damage, is subpar at best. They're definately the worst class for raw damage, no arguing that. But, in a party where theres no other rangers, they can usually effectively be one of the highest damage dealers because they can inflict DoTs.

Everything is a bit situational. This makes master classes hard to place aswell because of their very limitted weapon selection they destroy certain areas, and fail at others. Its probably better to make it a Tier list, rather than a straight list:

1st Tier:
fF

2nd Tier:
fT, fG

3rd Tier:
Master Classes

4th Tier:
AT, AF, Phi

5th Tier:
WT, GT

I cannot agree More. =/ But who cares - as long as the team wins everyone wins. Not everyone should be the damage whore.

My perfect team would be one of each of these "TIERS".

1) FF
2) FT
3) FG
4) PT
5) maybe a AT/WT/GT
6) one of the remaining types can fill this spot.

Key word is Team Balance

Neith
Jul 3, 2008, 06:39 AM
If you've ever seen a good acrotecher, you'll understand. I can honestly say they could outdamage fF in many situations. No newman aT garbage. Cast/beast aT are supreme.

Maybe outdamage an fF if a) the fF was a Newman b) with neutral weapons c) with Jellen

Sorry, but aT and fF are in COMPLETELY different leagues in terms of damage. fF is way above anything else (minus master classes, I won't rate those until I've played them).

panzer_unit
Jul 3, 2008, 09:09 AM
Fortefighter (awesome damage output all the time)
Fortegunner/Fortetecher (more situational damage output)
Acrofighter/Fighgunner/Acrotecher/Protranser
Guntecher/Wartecher

mll
Jul 3, 2008, 09:46 AM
Fortefighter
Fortegunner
Fortecher
Figunner
Acrofighter
Protranser
Guntecher
Wartecher
Acrotecher

AT isn't ahead of WT in damage, they come close but whatever way you figure it WT is going to come out ahead.

drizzle
Jul 3, 2008, 12:33 PM
I cannot agree More. =/ But who cares - as long as the team wins everyone wins. Not everyone should be the damage whore.

This is a damage whore topic >:o

So okay:

1) Fortefighter
2) Fortegunner
3) Acrofighter
4) Fighgunner
5) Wartecher
6) Guntecher
7) Protranser
8) Fortetecher
9) Acrotecher

pokefiend
Jul 3, 2008, 02:51 PM
lol @ everyone who thinks AT & GT out-DPS WT. Hell, AF, and in some cases PT and FT have a hard time surpassing a WT's damage.

In the case of damage, WTs are no slouch.

Ruru
Jul 3, 2008, 03:10 PM
eh my cast was WT for quite some time. it took me almost twice as long to clear some missions as it did when i switched to fighgunner.
anyway my choice on damage

FT > all >.>;

no really though

1. fortefighter
2. fortetecher/fortegunner (situational)
3. Fighgunner/acrofighter
4. Protranser/acrotecher/wartecher
5. guntecher

alot of it is really situational.

gryphonvii
Jul 3, 2008, 03:27 PM
my ideal team would be made up of the following
1. Acrotecher
2. Fortecher
3&4.Fortegunner
5. Fighgunner or Fortefighter
6.Protranser
a good mix of playstyles

Rayokarna
Jul 3, 2008, 03:27 PM
lol @ everyone who thinks AT & GT out-DPS WT. Hell, AF, and in some cases PT and FT have a hard time surpassing a WT's damage.

In the case of damage, WTs are no slouch.

Lol so true. PT & GT can't out-DPS WT, fact. I 'doubt' AT can either. When is comes down to it, WT is a MELEE class. And as many times as it is said in the forum, Melee damage > Everything else.

AF can easily out do WT because of the skill PA cap, Speed Increase and higher ATP mod.

WT can out do GT because of GT lack of ATP, melee weapons and defencive stats to keep it going while dishing what ever ATP it has. And to be fair, interms of support, once level 30 support is given to WT, GT has NOTHING over them in that field(Simple fact that TP does not affect debuffs and buffs).

PT will have a better chance than out doing WT because of all of it's S Rank weaponry but thats as far as it goes. The ATP gap is way to big for S Ranks to matter and that is a WT without buffs. And the fastest DPS melee weapon PT has, WT also has at S Rank. You can't really put traps into it is because by the time you lay of a Freeze EX and wait for it to finish, a WT has already plowed through the mob with a Majarra or Vivi Danga. The only thing other thing that PT has over WT is the abbility to use Laser Cannons at a level 40 bullets cap. But the ATA makes sure that you will see 0s reguardless even if your a CAST.

I can't really compare WT to FT, got tired of typing.

chicken105
Jul 3, 2008, 03:43 PM

1st Tier:
fF

2nd Tier:
fT, fG

3rd Tier:
Master Classes

4th Tier:
AT, AF, Phi

5th Tier:
WT, GT

FF more damage than Fighmaster? in #s yes. DPS no. Fighmaster > FF

mll
Jul 4, 2008, 04:27 AM
Lol so true. PT & GT can't out-DPS WT, fact. I 'doubt' AT can either. When is comes down to it, WT is a MELEE class. And as many times as it is said in the forum, Melee damage > Everything else.

AF can easily out do WT because of the skill PA cap, Speed Increase and higher ATP mod.

WT can out do GT because of GT lack of ATP, melee weapons and defencive stats to keep it going while dishing what ever ATP it has. And to be fair, interms of support, once level 30 support is given to WT, GT has NOTHING over them in that field(Simple fact that TP does not affect debuffs and buffs).

PT will have a better chance than out doing WT because of all of it's S Rank weaponry but thats as far as it goes. The ATP gap is way to big for S Ranks to matter and that is a WT without buffs. And the fastest DPS melee weapon PT has, WT also has at S Rank. You can't really put traps into it is because by the time you lay of a Freeze EX and wait for it to finish, a WT has already plowed through the mob with a Majarra or Vivi Danga. The only thing other thing that PT has over WT is the abbility to use Laser Cannons at a level 40 bullets cap. But the ATA makes sure that you will see 0s reguardless even if your a CAST.

I can't really compare WT to FT, got tired of typing.

I wouldn't bet on WT outdamaging PT or GT.
For Protransers WT has 2% more atp before buffs so the S-Rank weaponry certainly does close the gap. Also PT do a lot more damage with their guns than with their melee so even if WT melee outdamages PT melee, it wouldn't keep up with their range damage.
As for GT,
melee damage used to be > everything else. But then rangers got lots of laser cannon updates and fT got the rod boost now the gap is smaller so 40 range > 30 melee. (at least while they're using shotguns and laser cannons).
I was actually surprised to see fT so far up so many peoples lists but I haven't played one since the rod boost so I guess it makes sense.

Ri0T
Jul 4, 2008, 04:50 AM
You guys are worried about WTs being low on lists... why are Protransers so low on everybody's lists? Are you guys playing with noob Protransers or something? Sure, their melee (although it is a tad better after AoI) is total crap, but that's not even what the class is about. I've seen some Protransers that don't melee at all and just throw some traps down every once in a while (lazy bastards, yeah) and things drop like flies, while being SE'd at the same time.

Yes, traps eventually run out, but a good Protranser knows when and where to use traps, and will have them when they're needed for the whole mission. Some mobs just aren't worthy, and a simple Anga Redda or Tornado Break will do for those.

I mean jeez, i thought you guys thought more of us than that. I guess i'll just solo with my Protranser more. Why waste the meseta.

Rayokarna
Jul 4, 2008, 06:18 AM
You guys are worried about WTs being low on lists... why are Protransers so low on everybody's lists?

Were not saying that PT is weak, but in terms of out right damage, PT doesn't go very far. PT has never been known for damage output. Rather better at dishing out SE after SE consistantly over a period of time with demand. Don't get me wrong, they can dish out the numbers, but it is alot more situational and not as consistant. The only consistant DPS weapons PT has are Knuckles, Spear, Laser Cannons and Shotguns. And for Shotguns and Laser Cannons to do a high DPS, it is extremly situational(fG get away with it, with more ATP and alot more ATA and GM has those and a speed increase).

Spears and Knuckles are not so situational, but the lack of buffs and ATP looses out on WT. Since WT has the ability to increase it's stats on demand, this can level the playing fied for the ATA difference for them. Also, with higher DFP they are less likely to stagger during a PA and such. Also, WT has Knuckles as S Rank. So the only difference maker between those is PT having S Rank spear.

But in terms of melee weaponry WT has so much options for high DPS(Twin Claws, Twin Sabers Twin Daggers hell even single Claws). But I'm only referin to the question of the topic, which is how damaging they are, not the most useful.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 4, 2008, 06:36 AM
I've seen some Protransers that don't melee at all and just throw some traps down every once in a while (lazy bastards, yeah) and things drop like flies, while being SE'd at the same time.
EX trap damage is based on class level right? Which means once you hit 20 you won't be seeing much of a difference because your trap-damage is capped.
In the mean time, other classes and the enemy will be getting stronger though level increases and stronger weapons.
Lvl 160+ enemies just have too much HP for PT Trap damage to make any difference, if you're talking about DoT well other classes can use Burn traps as well...

Telina
Jul 4, 2008, 11:11 AM
i'm surprised to see that fortetecher tops out on most lists as 2nd or 3rd. I was all but certain the community would judge solely on that one newb techer with 40 nosdiga/dambarta that we all see sitting outside WB shouting for an S rank party.

:D warms my heart to see that

Gen2000
Jul 4, 2008, 11:48 AM
I've seen some Protransers that don't melee at all and just throw some traps down every once in a while (lazy bastards, yeah) and things drop like flies, while being SE'd at the same time.

For the average PT things drop like flies because everyone else is killing the enemies while they drop traps making them seem strong through trap use. But PTs are strong though with the right gear without traps. I got a friend who uses nothing but 50% 9/10-10/10 spears and it's basically like running with a somewhat weaker average Cast/Human FF.

Spears and Knuckles are not so situational, but the lack of buffs and ATP looses out on WT. Since WT has the ability to increase it's stats on demand, this can level the playing fied for the ATA difference for them.

Can PT not use Buff Items all of a sudden?

Anyways this seems more like a popularity thread though anyways besides the obvious FF/FG rankings. That's the problem since many people don't even play their classes right or equip them right to see how good they can really be (i.e. anyone who saying GTs can't hold their own, lol.)

autumn
Jul 4, 2008, 12:14 PM
Yup, don't forget a megistaride gives you all 4 buffs at the same level as a WT buffs. In PT, make your character a CAST with paradi to match the EX traps and you're golden on going wherever you need to get through.

Darsh
Jul 4, 2008, 12:14 PM
Are we seroiusly this board to honestly wonder this ? : \

Adriano
Jul 4, 2008, 12:15 PM
Are we seroiusly this board to honestly wonder this ? :

It appears so. :/

Poncho_Jr
Jul 4, 2008, 01:19 PM
Master Tier: Fighmaster / Masterforce / Gunmaster
Top Tier: Fortefighter / Fortetecher
High Tier: Fighgunner / Acrofighter / Acrotecher / Fortegunner
Mid Tier: Protranser
Low Tier: Guntecher / Wartecher
Forgotten Tier: Force / Hunter / Ranger

Listed in sequential order of damage.

[Edit] Acrofighter and Acrotecher have been moved up a tier. The rest stay the same.

moomoopenguin
Jul 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
Master Tier: Fighmaster / Masterforce / Gunmaster
Top Tier: Fortefighter / Fortetecher
High Tier: Fighgunner
Mid Tier: Acrofighter / Acrotecher / Protranser
Low Tier: Guntecher / Wartecher
Forgotten Tier: Force / Hunter / Ranger

Listed in sequential order of damage.

you lie with the acrotecher XD

Poncho_Jr
Jul 4, 2008, 01:24 PM
i'm surprised to see that fortetecher tops out on most lists as 2nd or 3rd. I was all but certain the community would judge solely on that one newb techer with 40 nosdiga/dambarta that we all see sitting outside WB shouting for an S rank party.

:D warms my heart to see that

Oh yeah about that.... You're only partially right. The Dambarta/Nosdiga spammers aren't newbish at all in fact. Dambarta hitting every target withing range with Freeze lvl 4, while Nosdiga hitting several targets for decent damage and beloved stun.
It's the DIGA spammers we should be worrying about.
Why aren't there any Foie spammers? At least they're landing a useuful status effect. <.<