PDA

View Full Version : FKL Game : TOH Edition - 'Aphotic Mansion' Rules (Sign up is closed)

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:12 PM
All right! The next FKL game is mine!

This is a Survival Horror Mystery Adventure.

The Story:

You are a Paranormal Investigator/ Low Level Demon Hunter sent to investigate one of the world's most actively haunted sites; the 'Aphotic Mansion'. Dib, one of the leading Paranormal Investigators has offered you, among 8 others, the chance to prove yourself. Unwravel the mysteries of the mansion and get out alive to recieve Dib's reward of money, cheesecake, and Golden Sun 3.

The Win:

There's a couple ways of how to win:

~Be the only surviving player (having escaped the Mansion)
~Solve the mysteries alone or with the aid of others, get out alive.

Also, if you're the only surviving player, but didn't solve the mysteries, you don't get any cheesecake. :(

Time:

You get Tact's usual three actions per round. I will update each round at 8:00 PM, PST, or before that if everyone posts their actions. If you don't meet the deadline, you forfeit your actions for the round.

If you do not post three times in a row, without letting us know you're unable to make the deadline, (vacation, etc. etc.) You're kicked from the game.

Your actions will be posted publicly. Here's how everything's going to work:

If you decide to break up into smaller groups or go solo, if you [s]survive regroup, you'll have to share your information with each other. Example:

Group A goes to Area A
Group B goes to Area B
They regroup in Area C

Person from Group A explains to Group B what happened and vice-versa.

You do not have to share information if you don't want to, but if you want to share, I want to see a fourth action stating:

"Shares information with so-and-so". This fourth action is for sharing information only.

Since we're doing public actions, here's the deal:

You keep your character in character. If someone leaves to go to Area B, and you're in Area A, then person in Area B gets into trouble; you can't say, "Run to Area B to assist." Since you don't know what's going on with them.

If you mess up like that, I'll ask you to edit your actions.

If you do not edit by the deadline, the action(s) that need to be edited will not be counted for that round.

When I am viewing everyone's actions, I'm going by editing times. If you don't edit your actions, but had like a typo or something, please state that. I think we're all honest enough to be trusted and this is a game after all.

Important

When you are heading toward another room, tell me the route you are taking to that room.

The Stuff:

While you're a P.I./Demon Hunter, you're still human, and can't do triple back-flips midair, change direction, then do double front-flips. You're slightly above average, but still pretty normal. Keep your actions reasonable.

The Inventory:

You're all starting off with the basics.

Salt (Enough to draw 4 circles 5footX5foot)
2 Twinkies
1 Book of matches
1 Lighter
1 Small flashlight
1 Cell phone (No reception, but good for video)
1 Hunting knife
Pen/pencil and a notebook

The Quote:

Health: Everyone has 10 HP, maximum. Injuries, of course, will lower your HP. If you reach zero HP exactly, you are disabled (sort of like in DnD). A disabled player can still move around at a normal pace and search for food/weaponry. However, they cannot fight or attempt any extraordinary movements. If you drop below 0 HP, you are dead. Players naturally recover 1 HP per round, more if they find and use a healing potion.

Food: Yep, you’re back to eating every five turns. If you’re starving, your maximum HP will drop by 1 for each round you spend starving.

The Baddies:

This game will consist mainly of: Ghost, zombies, low level and medium level demons, and of course, a few surprises.

The Big Baddy:

I'd feel bad for everyone dying when this guy first appears, so I'm going to let you know:

When you see him, you run.

The Map:

I will be posting a completed map of the area. You guys are good researchers and dug up/made easily accesible blueprints of the house. However, like any mysterious place, there are secrets. ;3

There is two ways for the unmarked areas to be filled in:

~Find them.
~Finding blueprints, journels, drawings, etc. etc. of previous Investigators.

You will also notice some rooms that haven't been labled, by entering these rooms they will be labled.

Moving from 1 floor to another or one area to another requires 1 action.

The map is broken up into several "Areas"

Mansion Floor 1 (Starting Area)
Mansion Floor 2
Mansion Basement
Aviary
Atrium
Family Cemetery

[spoiler-box] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/FKL%20Game/Mansion-Start.png
I will post the other maps when you enter the areas. [/spoiler-box]

Green Doors are open.
Red Doors are locked are need a key/are broken/can be opened be unlocking it from the other side.
Blue Doors can be either open, closed, or just broken.

I will give descriptions of the rooms when you enter them.

[/spoiler-box]

You should know I plan to be a tough DM, but here's some basic tips:

~You're dealing with the supernatural, play your actions smart.
~I don't expect you to know/do the research on some of the entities you'll encounter. (As I had for other projects.) Keep in mind you're not the first group of people to come to this mansion; other Paranormal Investigators have been here. Chances are they had notes and other items of interest.

When you sign up, you are agreeing to my conditions.

1. astuarlen
2. Shligger
3. VanHalen
4. Nitro
5. PhotonDrop
6. Talon
7. Randomness
8. Tessu
9. Out_Kast

Tact
Jul 2, 2008, 08:13 PM
Oh, my goodness, you have Dib in there! :wacko:

Invader Zim reference for the absolute win!

Edit: Holy hell, man, you really had this planned out. I think you'll do a better job than I did.

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:14 PM
Yes! >D

So, you're gonna play right? I'll take your post as a "sign me up!" :wacko:

Tact
Jul 2, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't think so. As much as I like your ideas, survival horror is survival horror. Yes, I can dish it out but I can't take it. :disapprove:

I will have a lot of fun watching, though.

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:20 PM
Ah, all right, you can have a cameo if you want. :wacko:

And I sure did have this planned out, drove myself nuts in paint. XD

astuarlen
Jul 2, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'll do it.

TalHex
Jul 2, 2008, 08:24 PM
damnit... i picked the wrong time to go on a vacation..., ah well maybe when i'm gone i'll work on one of my own

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:29 PM
How long will you be gone Talon/will you be able to get online there?

If it's not too long, I'm sure we can work something out.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 2, 2008, 08:33 PM
I'll join in. For fighting ghosts, does it work like it does in DnD where you can just hit them normally (but it's less effective) or will we need to acquire something like a silver candle stick to bludgeon them?

VanHalen
Jul 2, 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm in it.

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:41 PM
Fighting ghosts will be pretty interesting and so might not happen that much. Main form of attack is with my your picture phone, since it's not really magical it'll just stun them. By finding notes/special books you can find Latin incantations to: Kill ghosts/demons/upgrade your picture phone to do some damage.

Or um...just find magical cameras.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 2, 2008, 08:41 PM
*enters*

Tact
Jul 2, 2008, 08:44 PM
Fighting ghosts will be pretty interesting and so might not happen that much. Main form of attack is with my your picture phone, since it's not really magical it'll just stun them. By finding notes/special books you can find Latin incantations to: Kill ghosts/demons/upgrade your picture phone to do some damage.

Or um...just find magical cameras.

Let's see. First we get Invader Zim and now Fatal Frame. What other supernaturally-themed things will he reference? :wacko:

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:44 PM
You'll be surprised. :3

TalHex
Jul 2, 2008, 08:48 PM
i'm guessing luigi's mansion?

PhotonDrop
Jul 2, 2008, 08:48 PM
Okay, count me in.

You bastard. :wacko:

TalHex
Jul 2, 2008, 08:50 PM
How long will you be gone Talon/will you be able to get online there?

If it's not too long, I'm sure we can work something out.
i might be able to get online, i'm leaving on the 10th of july, i'll be gone for 8-9 days, i might have computer access and i might not... actually you know what? sign me up, if i can't i'll find a way to tell you and you can kill me off some how

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:57 PM
All right Talon, check your PMs. :3

Randomness
Jul 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
Count me in.

Tessu
Jul 3, 2008, 11:52 AM
I haven't played any of these FKL games yet.. but hey, why not?
I'm in.

(If I see or find anything about gorgeous muscles in action, I swear I will *mod snip*)

TalHex
Jul 3, 2008, 11:54 AM
I haven't played any of these FKL games yet.. but hey, why not?
I'm in.

(If I see or find anything about gorgeous voices in action, I swear I will *mod snip*)

fix'd :wacko:

Out_Kast
Jul 3, 2008, 12:02 PM
Almost missed it ;o
Sign me up pronto!!

Tessu
Jul 3, 2008, 12:03 PM
Gorgeous VOICES in action? J-jesus Talon, are you trying to make me...

TalHex
Jul 3, 2008, 12:06 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/emoticons/KOS-MOS-run.gif

TheOneHero
Jul 3, 2008, 12:08 PM
All right, 1 spot open, if it's not filled by the time I get home tonight (about 9:30 PST), I'll go ahead and post the start of this game in another thread. :3

Tact
Jul 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
Heh, just try having fun with it when you have to do nightly updates. :wacko:

I guess it all depends on how long your typical results post is.

TheOneHero
Jul 3, 2008, 12:42 PM
It's probably going to be about as long as yours were. I took a lot of inspiration from your games. :wacko:

Tact
Jul 3, 2008, 12:45 PM
In all seriousness, I think you're going to outdo me with this one. At least I can claim that I inspired your idea. :wacko:

TalHex
Jul 3, 2008, 12:48 PM
come on tact! join us

Tact
Jul 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of survival horror games. Besides, I need a break after running three games in a row.