PDA

View Full Version : Should there be PvP?

Smeagz
Jun 30, 2008, 05:53 PM
i think psu shuld have pvp because there is basically no point in psu wen alls u do is lvl and have nothing to look forward to. who doesnt like lvlin up to max lvl and goin to kick the shit out of some noobs i mean pso had and it was FUN!:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:bday::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chuck_Norris
Jun 30, 2008, 05:56 PM
I do agree that PVP would add a new level of fun to the game, but why the hell are you posting it on this site? :disapprove:

StrongHold
Jun 30, 2008, 05:56 PM
I agree, although I never played PSO, I would love to kill some random noobs :)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 30, 2008, 07:02 PM
Anyways, PvP in this game would be horribly broken. Just think about it, you'd understand.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
HUNTER: BITCHES DON'T KNOW ABOUT MA GI-SENBA
FORCE: 31 FOIE IN YO FACE
HUNTER: OMG QQ TIME TO SAY TECHERS ARE OP

chaoskila
Jun 30, 2008, 07:11 PM
id be fun lol thats all i can say.
nvr had had a game where we could play pvp.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 30, 2008, 07:13 PM
i think psu shuld have pvp because there is basically no point in psu wen alls u do is lvl and have nothing to look forward to. who doesnt like lvlin up to max lvl and goin to fuck the shit out of some noobs i mean pso had and it was FUN!:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:bday::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I prefer not to and i would just bring more elitism that is not needed

ashley50
Jun 30, 2008, 07:41 PM
Wow...haven't seen "We should have PvP on PSU" for awhile.

as for the Opinion of PvP.

NO

I wonder of this account was made just for this...

Chuck_Norris
Jun 30, 2008, 07:49 PM
Anyways, PvP in this game would be horribly broken. Just think about it, you'd understand.

PSO's PVP wasn't exactly balanced. :wacko:

Pop TaRt
Jun 30, 2008, 07:58 PM
i mean it would be cool if we had it but the thing is it would be like fortefighters and techers they just dont mix, the fighter would be trying to smack the techer but the techer would just use foi or something and the fighter would never get a hit, BUT if they balanced it out, like fighters against fighters that might be cool. And there would be A LOT of clans in this game

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 30, 2008, 08:05 PM
i mean it would be cool if we had it but the thing is it would be like fortefighters and techers they just dont mix, the fighter would be trying to smack the techer but the techer would just use foi or something and the fighter would never get a hit, BUT if they balanced it out, like fighters against fighters that might be cool. And there would be A LOT of clans in this game

I'm pretty sure that SEGA has already proven that they are incapable of balancing PSU. PvP would only further prove this.

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 30, 2008, 08:32 PM
HUNTER: JABROGA!
FORCE: *Dies*
HUNTER: *Dances*Fix'd

chaoskila
Jun 30, 2008, 09:20 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/aznveitboi/spoiler.jpg
[spoiler-box] sorry to burst everybody's bubble but psu nvr will have pvp EVER.
and if you say im just an ass for saying it you know it please. just tell me do you really think this is the first request and forum to get it please. PVP has been sugested since PSU came out. [/spoiler-box]

AlliThePally
Jun 30, 2008, 09:31 PM
I dont think it would work ever, it didnt really work in PSO and on here it just would be the same imo >>

Mman2000
Jun 30, 2008, 09:43 PM
i think psu shuld have pvp because there is basically no point in psu wen alls u do is lvl and have nothing to look forward to. who doesnt like lvlin up to max lvl and goin to kick the shit out of some noobs i mean pso had and it was FUN!:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:bday::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1. It wouldn't work, there's not a good balance of the classes and therefore a fair fight would be impossible. PSO demonstrated this quite clearly.

2. We do have things to look forward to like higher ranking missions, synthing godly items, and basically filling our character slots with four badass characters that wield equally badass weapons.

3. Learn to spell your fucking words out. You look like an idiot when you type with chatspeak. Oh and don't spam those smileys either, one is more than enough. Did I mention you sound like a noob and that if PVP ever was released I would enjoy kicking the living shit out of you for spamming pointless bullshit posts like this?

Alastor_Haven
Jun 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
Fix'd

HUNTER: JABROGA! - WAITS for 3 seconds
FORCE: -MEGIDS-
HUNTER: *Dies*

Double Fix'ed

Ken_Silver
Jun 30, 2008, 09:56 PM
Uhhh... Hold the phone. Wasn't there a planned PVP event at the (Denkegi) Lightning Festival or something? That should have put the whole PVP issue to rest...

What happened to that?

Para
Jun 30, 2008, 10:02 PM
Forces were rigged in PSO in many of the battle rules. kthx

Force: HAY LOOK HE HIDE BEHIND WALL *ZONDE*

Ethateral
Jun 30, 2008, 10:03 PM

NO.

It would never work out. This game has a lot more to offer if you look at it in only that aspect. If there's no point in PSU to you, then do something else. =/ I look forward to many things. It's not about just leveling.

I don't enjoy killing noobs, never have. Maybe that's why I was always a PKK in RO. I love HELPING others. <3

chaoskila
Jun 30, 2008, 10:13 PM
Uhhh... Hold the phone. Wasn't there a planned PVP event at the (Denkegi) Lightning Festival or something? That should have put the whole PVP issue to rest...

What happened to that?

i thnk what happened was that it was a misunderstanding it was actually only racing on top of air boards lol

Mewnie
Jun 30, 2008, 10:15 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/Lulz/uhrrr.gif :-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:bday::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wut.

What happened to that?

PvP turned out to be hoverboard racing ;3

I think I will reiterate what others have said: PvP would be terrible idea with this game. Hell, tacking on PvP to any PvE game ends in nothing but lulz.

Ken_Silver
Jun 30, 2008, 10:49 PM
LOL, Hoverboard racing... That explains it.

Well, here's my solution to this problem. Hold a PvP mission as a one time event, just to see how broken it really would be (basically, use the players and this mission as beta testing.)

If it truly is TOO broken, then leave the mission as a one time event. If it works, then make it into an accessible mission for play anytime at one of the Guardian Branches. Pick any one rather than the G. Colony's HQ, give the other HQ's an actual use.

If its truly broken, matterwise see how broken it is once and then be done wtih it. But I hope that Sega does address this issue sooner than later. The sooner we get it and it fails, the faster we can move on. :)

I wouldn't be doing it anyway, give me more survival-style missions. *Thinks of 300*

Chuck_Norris
Jun 30, 2008, 10:57 PM
HUNTER: JABROGA! - WAITS for 3 seconds
FORCE: -MEGIDS-
HUNTER: *Dies*

Double Fix'ed

HUNTER: JABROGA! - Waits for 3 seconds
FORCE: *Megids*
HUNTER: *dies*
RANGER with 1 HP: DURANGA!
FORCE: OH SHI-! *Dies*
RANGER: (ded) "Damn it."

Triple Fix'ded'd.

GaNksTa
Jun 30, 2008, 11:08 PM
Hmm... PvP = Who can hit "Y" for Majarra first?

^ ^ ^(System would be horribly broken)^ ^ ^

Magician4
Jun 30, 2008, 11:08 PM
HUNTER: JABROGA! - Waits for 3 seconds
FORCE: *Megids*
HUNTER: *dies*
RANGER with 1 HP: DURANGA!
FORCE: OH SHI-! *Dies*
RANGER: (ded) "Damn it."

Triple Fix'ded'd.

and this is why it shouldn't happen.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 30, 2008, 11:11 PM
and this is why it shouldn't happen.

What? It's obvious that it'd be fair. Everyone would lose. :wacko:

jcm5
Jul 1, 2008, 12:43 AM
segas too lazy too fix a broken game

Middle
Jul 1, 2008, 12:57 AM
http://psupedia.info/Explosive_Duel
what about this?

and the airboard mission:
http://psupedia.info/High-speed_Airboard

I think with some battle rulez it would be nice to have PvP in PSU , but like you said SEGAC is too lazy. Maybe they will program it in a few lines and it ends like discribes before ...

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 12:57 AM
How many ppl think pvp is a good idea i mean u can kick ppls ass wen u board of just running missions and u ll have something to look forward to after ur done lvlin ur char up

^^bump^^ post ur thoughts plz =D

Zekester
Jul 1, 2008, 01:07 AM
HUNTER: BITCHES DON'T KNOW ABOUT MA GI-SENBA
FORCE: 31 FOIE IN YO FACE
HUNTER: OMG QQ TIME TO SAY TECHERS ARE OP

You mean:

HUNTER: MAI ROFLSABERC GOEZ SLICE SLICE SLICE SLICE!!
FORCE: MAI ROFLMEGID GOEZ DIE DIE DIE DIE!
HUNTE- Oh wait, there is not Hunter anymore..

Ketchup345
Jul 1, 2008, 01:09 AM
Please, no bumping. Especially after only 1 minute. Use the edit button.

Is there any way you can make that post easier to read? Do note that some of our users do not have English as a first language and do use translators. Proper grammar and spelling will also help people actually read your full post instead of starting it and giving up.

D1ABOLIK
Jul 1, 2008, 01:22 AM
i think psu shuld have pvp because there is basically no point in psu wen alls u do is lvl and have nothing to look forward to. who doesnt like lvlin up to max lvl and goin to kick the shit out of some noobs i mean pso had and it was FUN!:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:bday::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D PSO had it and it was garbage. PSU is so horribley unbalanced they would have to change the whole game just to implement it. It would be horrible, just like it is in all other MMO's.

Zantra
Jul 1, 2008, 01:50 AM
Awful Idea.

PVP has no place in PSU.

The races have been through 100 years of peace.

Why would they fight?

Phoenix_Black
Jul 1, 2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah, sure. Let's also give cocaine to a grizzly bear.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 1, 2008, 02:26 AM
Yeah, sure. Let's also give cocaine to a grizzly bear.

This.

autumn
Jul 1, 2008, 02:30 AM
The game isn't built for PvP. I think its a HORRIBLE idea and hope to never see it implemented.

And what kind of ass gets a kick out of offing new players so they quit and our nonexistant playerbase ceases its already stunted growth.

Take your egos and e-peens elsewhere, sheesh.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 1, 2008, 02:35 AM
The races have been through 100 years of peace.

Why would they fight?

Because currently there is a lot of tension amongst the races due to what has been happening through the SEED attacks and how the Guardians have dealt with it.

But I agree that there is no need for PvP in PSU nonetheless.

ThEoRy
Jul 1, 2008, 03:17 AM

hi u must be new to pso/psu and psow! Welcome aboard!

Oh and no, just... no.

Zantra
Jul 1, 2008, 03:24 AM
Oh yeah... also... this isn't site related.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 1, 2008, 05:03 AM
I can see the lag now, everyone using nothing but PA's. :disapprove:

Retniwreven
Jul 1, 2008, 05:18 AM
I too think PVP wouldn't work.
PSU just isn't designed properly for it.
Example: Killer Shot.
Hell, a level 31+ Ice rifle bullet would do it too. Knockdown and SE4 freeze? Like a player can shrug that off.

Ryna
Jul 1, 2008, 05:29 AM
This is a duplicate topic. Continue discussion here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145770

Jainsea
Jul 1, 2008, 07:27 AM
OP like everyone else already stated...BROKEN!

Hunter: Ima get youse! <runs in to attatck>
Force: I are cast megid ! <lines up to get a shot>
LOLGunner: 31+ anybullet <sits in lawnchair, sips tea and pegs away/knockdowns EVERYONE>

Magitek_X
Jul 1, 2008, 07:41 AM

0/10

This abuse of emoticons should be illegal.

Ryosuke_Kura
Jul 1, 2008, 07:53 AM
I actually thought about PvP idea for PSU, and it turns out me and Square-Enix were thinking along the same line.

The battle system for Dissidia Final Fantasy on the PSP would be perfect for PSU PvP.
I should say it LOOKS perfect consdiering the game isn't out yet. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5qBddbYbzA

EvilJohn
Jul 1, 2008, 10:42 AM
I prefer not to and i would just bring more elitism that is not needed

Lol theres already to much of that PVP wouldnt be able too add anymore and PVP would be fun as hell even if it is "broken" thats how all pso/psu's are...broken yet still fun

GheewhiZ
Jul 1, 2008, 11:09 AM
Player vs Player Combat could work in PSU. It would be significantly different then the regular gameplay. New armors that included new stats would have to be implemented. They already have a start with the resist Armor Slot items. Most of the things people state as to why PVP would never be implimented are easily changed into a pvp format.

Simple suggestions could be as follows.
Upon entering a pvp battle each players HP is increased by X%. This allows more survivability on all players involved. The increased is needed due to the amounts of single hit damage as well as multiple hit dmg and dots that can and will be used on players.

The addidtion of a new PVP only stat to be implemented. Much like WoW's "Resilience," which decreases the chance to be critically hit as well as the critical hits damage being reduced, a stat should be implimented to either; A. decrease damage taken by another player(this being if they choose not to make it a stat that only takes effect when entering a pvp battle). B. decreases the chance to be critically hit as well as hit with a just attack, and durastically reduces the amount of damage taken by the hit.

How to PvP? Well simple objective maps with simple objective types like the common Capture the Flags, Conquests, and Kill Counts could be used, but that would take away from the ...some what... uniqueness of PSU. My thoughts on the types would be much like that of the timed missions they have. Take for instance the egg thieves. First you have to change it to 1 massive block if possible. Then put both teams on opposite sides. Rather than racing thru the blocks against the other team you are now able to completely prevent them from attacking the creatures with the eggs. You could take out the creatures with the eggs and have them randomly spawned in select locations. This allows for team builds to come into play. For instancehold of players going for one egg with a protranser and a gunner. Have the transer trap those going for the gg while the gunner picks them off. This allows the other members of your team to go for another egg. Another block friendly variation could be turning each block into 1 round of play. To win you must get 2/3 eggs.

There are plenty of more complex and logical ways to incorporate PvP into the game. However, I am not on the Sega Team payroll and therefore my thoughts do not matter. I like to believe that if Sega does read these and does come across a good concept they should use it. So any1 still posting here, with valid ideas from prior pvp game experience should try and mold there own ideas of PSUPvP.

Zarode
Jul 1, 2008, 11:16 AM
PvP on it's own scale is a retarded idea. It would just cause more and more complaining.

And I think you guys complain enough as is.

MegaZoneXE
Jul 1, 2008, 11:27 AM
PvP would be okay but not as a FULL ADD-ON to the game, it should be just TEMPORARILY.

A while back on the PC/PS2 server, GMs were in the Pub on moatoob, one of the GMs named Melchior was asked a question about PvP he stated:

"PvP is not the backbone for PSU"

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 12:21 PM
ur missing the point psu was desinged differently from pso spells dont target anymore so it wuld b a simple dodge for a hunter/fight alls they gotta do is dodge and move then atk force's culd counter w/ damn spells as for killer shot/megid those culd just b restricted in the arena's or psu culd make a new server type for just pvp but they would make it harder as well as makin a new planet where u just do solo pvp

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 12:24 PM
most rpg's gett boring after non-stop pve on the same run of the mill missions and wit every1 only doin white beast the game does get old and ppl quit but after a good days lvlin ppl culd just walk over to the pvp area and fight each other and wit all the controvery in the game over clans and whos weapons/pallet is better they can put there items/skills to the test instead of every1 just shouting out random bs to each other

Yuudai_Riisu
Jul 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
ur missing the point psu was desinged differently from pso spells dont target anymore so it wuld b a simple dodge for a hunter/fight alls they gotta do is dodge and move then atk force's culd counter w/ damn spells as for killer shot/megid those culd just b restricted in the arena's or psu culd make a new server type for just pvp but they would make it harder as well as makin a new planet where u just do solo pvp

psh you cant just create a new planet.

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 12:27 PM
1. It wouldn't work, there's not a good balance of the classes and therefore a fair fight would be impossible. PSO demonstrated this quite clearly.

2. We do have things to look forward to like higher ranking missions, synthing godly items, and basically filling our character slots with four badass characters that wield equally badass weapons.

3. Learn to spell your fucking words out. You look like an idiot when you type with chatspeak. Oh and don't spam those smileys either, one is more than enough. Did I mention you sound like a noob and that if PVP ever was released I would enjoy kicking the living shit out of you for spamming pointless bullshit posts like this?

lmao its just a post its not my fault the people like yoursellf suck a pvp and don't want is knowing you will get owned by noobs its ppl like u that make people want pvp so they can shut you up

Llord Bacchus
Jul 1, 2008, 12:31 PM
i've heard alot of people on both camps talk about this issue - most are for it, but there are the detractors as well

personally, i think it would be fun as hell to have an arena and battle it out - maybe even have wagers on the outcome and viewing stands for those that would like to watch ...

Yuudai_Riisu
Jul 1, 2008, 12:34 PM
lmao its just a post its not my fault the people like yoursellf suck a pvp and don't want is knowing you will get owned by noobs its ppl like u that make people want pvp so they can shut you up
Just like you suck at English?
Anyways, you sound like more like a noob, then the guy you just quoted.

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
why thank you it doesnt realy matter anyway u look at the game can b put into a pvp base theres more different ways of doing it and psu wuld get more players as for the people the just want pve your the fags that sit in the 4th floor of g colony trying to pick up girls all day which inevitably turn out being guys or its the ppl that just sit inside all day afraid to go outside and farm for some weapon and they go around sayin "ZOMFG LOOK AT MY EPIC SWORD/RIFLE/WAND ECT."

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrHEYBEiBg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrHEYBEiBg

heres wat pvp would look like sorta, of course w/ some new updates and a few tweaks here and there

Ken_Silver
Jul 1, 2008, 12:56 PM
Someone mentioned back in the thread about the mission Explosive Duel. Did that mission come out yet? If not, that sounds a lot like PvP...

Nevertheless, they should just put it in as a mission and test how it works. If it fails, then leave it, if it is not totally broken, patch it up so that people who like PvP would enjoy it.

At the least, not everyone would be at WB anymore. Allegedly. :D

And the video above proves that PvP could at least be attempted. I mean, even if you want to play it or not, for those who want it, let them get it.

In return, we should get Survival and Airboard/Veichle missions. :yes:

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 01:05 PM
Someone mentioned back in the thread about the mission Explosive Duel. Did that mission come out yet? If not, that sounds a lot like PvP...

Nevertheless, they should just put it in as a mission and test how it works. If it fails, then leave it, if it is not totally broken, patch it up so that people who like PvP would enjoy it.

At the least, not everyone would be at WB anymore. Allegedly. :D

And the video above proves that PvP could at least be attempted. I mean, even if you want to play it or not, for those who want it, let them get it.

In return, we should get Survival and Airboard/Veichle missions. :yes:

i agree test if to c if it works and put it in for the ppl that want it the gm's and staff are already trying to get ppl away for WB so why not add pvp its not like ur forced to play it if u want to do it if u dont than do wat u normal do and stop trying fuck up the chance of pvp bein put in this game

Ethateral
Jul 1, 2008, 01:07 PM

Just because you assume someone sucks at PvP do to their opinion, doesn't actually MEAN they do. You're just trying to act tough in the end. I don't mind PvP, I'm pretty damn good at it, but it boils down to the fact that it just wouldn't work well in PSU. Classes are unbalanced for PvP and that's a blatant fact.

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 01:16 PM
i dont think u ppl understand there r ways of balancin the pvp pso's pvp was fine

Darius_Drake
Jul 1, 2008, 01:25 PM
Maybe instead of making it one on one they made matches such that they would be 3 v 3, 4 v4, or 6 v 6? That way you could have at least one techer, one ranger, and one fighter for each battle. Just a thought.

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe instead of making it one on one they made matches such that they would be 3 v 3, 4 v4, or 6 v 6? That way you could have at least one techer, one ranger, and one fighter for each battle. Just a thought.

yea but it wuld b on 3v3 sense u can only have 6 ppl in ur part u can have 1v1's 2v2's so u can play w/ a frend and 3v3 for more action and clan matches givin the game a competive edge and for every1s amusement a free for all =D

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 01:35 PM
i dont think u ppl understand there r ways of balancin the pvp pso's pvp was finePSO's wasn't fine, combine the fact techs didn't really require aiming with our inherently low resistance to them and the fact that they cannot miss.

I still think, though, that PSU's (hypothetical) could be fun, and could be a bit more balanced than PSO's was maybe. Regardless, just how frantic it could get, it could really be fun, especially if they threw in overpowered enemies like they did in PSO's (that delsaber ;_; ).

I don't know why people keep whining that it'd be unbalanced, this whole fucking game is unbalanced, it'd be nothing new.

Also, I'm saying this as a PS2 player, even though the load delays and slowdown would put me at a distinct disadvantage, I still think I could have a blast were this ever added.

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 01:53 PM
hmm i thought ps2 already had ps2 some1 on the 360 servers sed u guys had it already gess he lied //.X

Mewnie
Jul 1, 2008, 02:49 PM
I don't know why people keep whining that it'd be unbalanced, this whole fucking game is unbalanced, it'd be nothing new.

I'm not whining. I'm stating a fact. Learned from experience.

Bringing PvP into a PvE-based game after the fact will eventually change how the PvE game plays, almost certainly for the worst. No matter how many times the devs could swear up and down that it won't. See City of Heroes, WoW, EQ..

Ethateral
Jul 1, 2008, 03:05 PM
i dont think u ppl understand there r ways of balancin the pvp pso's pvp was fine

There are ways to balance, that's obvious. The willingness to do it and it being done? Probably not. Let alone want it in the game.

Mman2000
Jul 1, 2008, 04:10 PM

Is there any real need to give this internet tough guy an actual response? No? I didn't think so either, that line about arguing with an idiot holds true here.

ashley50
Jul 1, 2008, 04:30 PM
This game was not meant for PvP...go play a game that DESIGNED for PvP.

Khapish?

Mag_Launcher
Jul 1, 2008, 04:49 PM
We have enough e-peen flogging around here without having people kill each other to prove how fucking alpha they are.

PVP ain't comin back, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. GB2/runescape/ or /ageofconan/

xRedd206x
Jul 1, 2008, 04:52 PM
How bout we play CTF!

ashley50
Jul 1, 2008, 04:56 PM
How bout we play CTF!
Then go play Halo...

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 07:15 PM
This game was not meant for PvP...go play a game that DESIGNED for PvP.

Khapish?

your an idiot PSO had built in Pvp so obviously the game had some sort of pvp so technically PSO/PSU were built for Pvp

Ethateral
Jul 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
your an idiot PSO had built in Pvp so obviously the game had some sort of pvp so technically PSO/PSU were built for Pvp

PSO had PvP, but it doesn't mean PSU is built for PvP at all. It doesn't make him an idiot at all. They're two games. They're not EXACTLY the same in every aspect. Thus, leaving it to say that PSU isn't built around purely PvP like in RO or WoW, where it works.

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 07:27 PM
I'd rather, though, were PvP ever added, not have the game keep records, have fun bragging about something you can't substantiate. :)

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 1, 2008, 07:30 PM

Just because PSU can have PvP does not mean that it was designed for PvP. Given how well SEGA updates the already released classes I think that any type of direct combat PvP in PSU would be incredibly unbalanced. So no, PSU was not built for PvP.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 1, 2008, 07:37 PM

CAN WE SAY

BALENCE??

lololol

Ethateral
Jul 1, 2008, 07:44 PM
CAN WE SAY

BALENCE??

lololol

Balance? Wut?

Mman2000
Jul 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
Oh and wasn't the battle mode in GC/Xbox/BB put in AFTER people were found using PK codes in the DC version? And wouldn't that mean that PSO was not made with pvp in mind to begin with?

Zarode
Jul 1, 2008, 07:57 PM
Oh and wasn't the battle mode in GC/Xbox/BB put in AFTER people were found using PK codes in the DC version? And wouldn't that mean that PSO was not made with pvp in mind to begin with?

DC v2, actually.

Ya know, when PKing was STILL around.

sikotic_demon
Jul 1, 2008, 07:58 PM
ive said it befor and ill say it again.... WE DO NOT NEED PVP IN THIS GAME. all we need is to get people off of just one mission then the game can balance its self again.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 1, 2008, 08:00 PM
Balance? Wut?

Exactly

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 09:12 PM
ok here u ppl go again w/ the balanace shit the balance thing will never work cuz sega will never put missions in that give the same mission points/exp so it doesnt relle matter how u look at it the game will always b unbalanced but if Pvp was added the game would still balance out. u culd train all day on that one mission than go take a break and pumble some noobs half of u dont seem to understand not every1 likes playin the same game everyday thats y so many ppl quit daily...they get tired of it and for u ppl that say go play WoW some ppl dont like computer games and Btw WoW is 1 of the best played games around and gess wat it has Pvp! so dont try and compare games to WoW and btw u always have the option to pick wether or not to play the Pvp. its not like u have to the ppl that dont can do the normal things that use to do (yell a lil kids,noobs, try and pick up girls"acutally guys, well most of anyway no offense to u girls that do play"and then u can go back to farming u rares) and btw u can stop callin me a internet tough guy i didnt start tis screaming thing i just wanted my Pvp in 1 of my favorite xbox 360 games

btw i started tis post just to c if i culd c how many ppl wanted pvp and had a good idea towards it

Nitro Vordex
Jul 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
Crap
PvP will never work; there would be so much bitching and even more elitism.

And no, I didn't bother to read your post.

I can't even remember how I typed like that. o.o

Smeagz
Jul 1, 2008, 09:43 PM

I can't even remember how I typed like that. o.o

hmmm do u now y u say this cuz ur one of the ppl that always lose at pvp so u wouldnt want it considering u would just non-stop lose u dont have to participate if u suck ok but dont ruin it for ppl that are good at it and want u stupid lil computer "TOUGH GUY"

and btw i never posted anything that sed crap u just edited that cuz u think ur cool

Alastor_Haven
Jul 1, 2008, 10:09 PM
I can't even understand the guy =/

Ethateral
Jul 1, 2008, 10:14 PM
and btw i never posted anything that sed crap u just edited that cuz u think ur cool

Hurray for pointing out the obvious. <3

You're trying to act all tough yourself. I don't see why you feel the need to bash other people for their ideas, opinions and facts as well for that matter. It's a blatant FACT that it just wouldn't work out in PSU. Nor does it seem like they even want to TRY it with PSU. The closest you'll ever get to PvP with PSU, is something with a racing aspect or an other idea they come up with other than purely fighting one another.

I love PvP, but not for PSU. It'd never work and having an unbalanced PvP would cause nothing but problems among people, whining, elitism, and more than likely, people leaving because of elitism getting out of control/something else.

I also wish you would use proper grammar and not run-on sentences. I had to read it a few times to even try to figure out what you were saying.

Ken_Silver
Jul 1, 2008, 10:14 PM
If people want PvP, they at least have the right to talk about it. If you truly think that its a bad idea, then leave the thread. I've done that plenty of times with some topics. (And no, this is not towards anyone in particular.)

People deserve the right to dream. I really can care less if we get it or not. But that PSO video of PvP was awesome. :) This is to go without saying: I never played PSO PvP online. I played against my sister on the GC and that was fun.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 1, 2008, 10:51 PM
Correct

People have the right to Argue

Right?

So in that case I think it's a bad idea

/ leave thread lololo

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 10:54 PM

I can't even remember how I typed like that. o.o There's so much already, it'd be hardly any different. If anything it'd give us some variety, and I'm all for more of that, hell, give us those damn vehicles on a permanent basis, they weren't terribly special, but it's something different, which is nice.

ashley50
Jul 1, 2008, 10:58 PM
The guy had a "reputation" in PvP i guess...and too much e-peen in his head :)

Also go play WoW instead since it has a PvP and leave us alone.

Syl
Jul 1, 2008, 11:00 PM
hmmm do u now y u say this cuz ur one of the ppl that always lose at pvp so u wouldnt want it considering u would just non-stop lose u dont have to participate if u suck ok but dont ruin it for ppl that are good at it and want u stupid lil computer "TOUGH GUY"

Wow, you're such a hypocrite lmfao :wacko:

The only person acting like an internet tough guy here is you :3

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 11:03 PM
Point me to a PvP oriented game with similar game mechanics to PSU, if you can't think of one, stop saying to go play a different one.

Though to be honest, I'm not too worried about it, just the blind opposition of anything new annoys me.

Syl
Jul 1, 2008, 11:07 PM
Though to be honest, I'm not too worried about it, just the blind opposition of anything new annoys me.

The problem with that is just because it's new doesn't mean it'll be good. And no, adding crap just for the sake of new material isn't justifiable >_>

PvP CAN be fun, but it causes more BS than good. And just because you don't have to play doesn't mean it will be that way. People will always be like "OMG UR RONG ILL SHOW U IM RITE IN PVP NUB"

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 11:12 PM
The problem with that is just because it's new doesn't mean it'll be good. And no, adding crap just for the sake of new material isn't justifiable >_>

PvP CAN be fun, but it causes more BS than good. And just because you don't have to play doesn't mean it will be that way. People will always be like "OMG UR RONG ILL SHOW U IM RITE IN PVP NUB"That'd probably be the same idiot that teases you for your low % weapons, or kicks you for no reason anyway, so it wouldn't matter, yeah?

Syl
Jul 1, 2008, 11:14 PM
That'd probably be the same idiot that teases you for your low % weapons, or kicks you for no reason anyway, so it wouldn't matter, yeah?

I wish it were true, but any game I've played with PvP in it suffers from that a lot... kinda what deters me from them ;l

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 1, 2008, 11:15 PM
So if a room of CAST used SUV at the same time in a PVP room...what would happen?

gryphonvii
Jul 1, 2008, 11:15 PM
eh? I don't know whether it would work or not, but I picture two techers trying to battle with nos-zonde.

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 11:18 PM
So if a room of CAST used SUV at the same time in a PVP room...what would happen?Danger Fun would happen. :)

Just picturing what it would look like seems like it'd be fun. Run out there, feeling cool with my twin sabers, then BLAM rafoie. It'd be amusing if nothing else.

If we did get it, I'd be clamoring for a spectator mode, I bet it'd be fun as hell to watch.

gryphonvii
Jul 1, 2008, 11:21 PM
Add it as a casino game, bet your silver and gold
*who will win? the large beast with the fro, or the smaller beast with a mohawk and something to prove?!?!?! place your bets now! BAnzai!!!

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2008, 11:24 PM
*who will win? the large beast with the fro, or the smaller beast with a mohawk and something to prove?!?!?! place your bets now! BAnzai!!!That would be cool, actually.

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 1, 2008, 11:25 PM
Though people say PVP should never exist in PSU (and I dont think it would be that great either), I'm sure all of us would try it, lol :P

Ethateral
Jul 2, 2008, 12:05 AM
Though people say PVP should never exist in PSU (and I dont think it would be that great either), I'm sure all of us would try it, lol :P

I'd try it, were it ever to magically happen. I wouldn't embrace it however.

chaoskila
Jul 2, 2008, 12:10 AM

if course we all want it.
if you dont want it dont use god damn
"this is over before, before it ever began."
-anberlin [band]

Ken_Silver
Jul 2, 2008, 12:19 AM
*who will win? the large beast with the fro, or the smaller beast with a mohawk and something to prove?!?!?! place your bets now! BAnzai!!!

Great. Thank you sir, for setting Moatoob back 500 years. :quickdraw:

Para
Jul 2, 2008, 06:07 AM
In the end, PvP for PSU cannot be balanced.

Arika
Jul 2, 2008, 06:25 AM
That would be cool, actually.

they can lose in purpose for that to make their friends get many gold coins.

ForteGunnerW
Jul 2, 2008, 10:14 AM
hmm i like the idea of owning noobs but then hackers owuld come back and all the noobs will complain and say we dont want it with all these ubers around..

Bael
Jul 2, 2008, 10:36 AM
I would Love some PVP element in PSU!! Totally for it.

But...I wouldn't like Peoples whines and thread after thread of ' Balance PVP PLZ' or '(class) Is OVER POWERED!!! PLZ NERF!!'

it's a shame to say, that from a select few posts on this thread it has already started.

Smeagz
Jul 2, 2008, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=Para;2073136]In the end, PvP for PSU cannot be balanced.[/QUOTE

the game is already unbalanced so wat does it matter if pvp is added

ashley50
Jul 2, 2008, 12:49 PM
More Unbalanced?

chaoskila
Jul 2, 2008, 12:53 PM
More Unbalanced?

then how about everyone starts off at lvl 5 and has a saber there lol

lostinseganet
Jul 2, 2008, 04:08 PM
NO! i completly disagree with the thread maker this is a cooperative game. There are so many other games for PvP play any one of them...

Nitro Vordex
Jul 2, 2008, 04:10 PM
hmm i like the idea of owning noobs but then hackers owuld come back and all the noobs will complain and say we dont want it with all these ubers around..

^Plus, it would attract these kind of people. -_-;

Sega011
Jul 2, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'd definately want to try it...

Phoenix148
Jul 2, 2008, 09:57 PM
I realize that this question has been dealt with multiple times but i just want to see how many people actually want pvp and who don't. I think the result could be interesting

Retehi
Jul 2, 2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145770

It was even on the 1st page, my god.

Phoenix148
Jul 2, 2008, 10:00 PM
i no, but i want to c after a week how many peope actually want it

ashley50
Jul 2, 2008, 10:26 PM
One word...

NO

Jainsea
Jul 2, 2008, 10:38 PM
another thread like this =_= ....

Alura
Jul 2, 2008, 10:55 PM
want pvp? go to pso

Alastor_Haven
Jul 2, 2008, 11:08 PM
Hmmmm.......

YE-E--E--E

NO

zandra117
Jul 2, 2008, 11:17 PM
Yes, because PSU gets boring and sometimes i just feel like goofing off with friends in a battle mode type setting. But PSU doesnt have one right now.

Also I dont see the point of the argument "PvP will turn PSU into an e-peen contest." because PSO had pvp battle mode and it never became an e-peen contest.

AlliThePally
Jul 2, 2008, 11:23 PM
The answer is the same as before, NO, It will always be no, It wasnt fun in PSO and it would be even worse in this it would be a waste of time.

chaoskila
Jul 2, 2008, 11:26 PM
omg.
whats the harm in having it guys.
i understand you guys dont like it whoopdie do.
dont like it, dont use it.
let them have it and let people be asses about it and before you know it theres a MLG PSU lol

Bear...
Jul 2, 2008, 11:31 PM
I don't see why there shouldn't be I mean it would add a very nice competitive element to the game. Racing can get old -.-

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jul 2, 2008, 11:35 PM
Sure...
You don't like it...don't use it...
simple as that

ashley50
Jul 3, 2008, 12:16 AM
but here's the FACT...

IT WILL NEVER HAVE ONE! EVER!

RedRaz0r
Jul 3, 2008, 12:27 AM
The people that say no are the people that know they would get owned. Scared of a little competition? Scared of a little challenge? Go fight your white beast and be safe then kiddies xD

Acrofighter13
Jul 3, 2008, 12:30 AM
pvp would be a sorry excuse for a bragging right
and it would just be a huge waste of time
and to all you who think its a good idea prolly never played pso

R2D6battlebot
Jul 3, 2008, 12:34 AM
The people that say no are the people that know they would get owned. Scared of a little competition? Scared of a little challenge? Go fight your white beast and be safe then kiddies xD

No, the people who say no are the ones who use their brains and think about how bad the PvP system would be for a game with real-time fighting and more auto-aim than Halo3, not to mention that no classes have any real abilities, especially none that are made for any type of PvP setting. I know you scrubs like to think: 'Maybe if there was a PvP system I'd get lucky once in there, and everyone would love me for it!!!111!!!!! It'll be my time to shine bwhahahahahhahahhaha'. Get over it, it won't happen, go back to 'leveling your Dark spells' or whatever other excuse you have to play White Beast.

zandra117
Jul 3, 2008, 12:36 AM
pvp would be a sorry excuse for a bragging right
and it would just be a huge waste of time
and to all you who think its a good idea prolly never played pso

Like PSU isnt already a waste of time. Spamming the current hotspot with little to nothing else to do.

Actually I think most people against it never played PSO, because they aways bring up an argument that it will create elitism, which never happened in PSO. Battle mode was just something to do for lulz and it was fun even though it wasnt balanced.

Acrofighter13
Jul 3, 2008, 12:49 AM
people will brag about there winning and always will its just a waste of time and there would be nothing to do in a pvp anyway ppl would die in one hit....so yea

The_Brimada
Jul 3, 2008, 01:04 AM
People can want it all they want but PSO PvP sucked and PSU's would suck even more.

zandra117
Jul 3, 2008, 01:05 AM
people will brag about there winning and always will its just a waste of time and there would be nothing to do in a pvp anyway ppl would die in one hit....so yea

In PSO battle people would only die in one hit with hacked items because of the ridiculous ATP and ATA compared to a lower defense but they would block alot because of high evasion.

However legit battles among hunters and rangers would actually last a while and were semi balanced. My favorite battles in PSO were 2v2 with a ranger and hunter on both teams. without mechguns.

Also forces in PSO killed everyone hacked or not, because of technic level. Forces were the only major unbalance in PSO pvp.

Balanced or not, battles would be fun to have, anyways if we had tournaments we would add additional equipment rules for competitors which would make it more balanced.

Also in PSU with the high mobility of the characters I see PSU as being significantly more suited to pvp than PSO.

EMPYREAN
Jul 3, 2008, 05:15 AM
no.
keep this game a PvE only game. thats why i like this game.

CAVAOUBIEN
Jul 3, 2008, 05:28 AM
I think PvP has nothing to do in PSU, and I certainly wouldn't look forward to it. It's a collaborative game by design, and I do appreciate the fact that it is one rare game where players can't shoot each other blindly.

On the other hand, Challenge mode from PSO deserves to come back! Because that mode puts even more collabpration in the team at the center of the game experience.

CAVAOUBIEN
mais... ça va ou bien?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 3, 2008, 05:35 AM
want pvp? go to pso

*laughs ass off* You're kidding right?

Anyways, I wonder how long this'll go back and forth, rehashing the same points.

People for it:
Make the game more interesting/"friendly" competition
Add another element to the game
Get people out of hotspots
STRETCH MAH EPEEN AND LEETSPEAK SKILLS

People against it:
Horribly balanced(or rather, lack thereof)
auto aiming will suck
PA spam
Technic spam
Idiots who think they're so awesome because they got the first Tornado Dance PA in.
Sonic Team, 'nuff said.

Hmm.

Para
Jul 3, 2008, 06:15 AM
PvP just won't work in PSU because of too many imbalances. kthx

Magus_84
Jul 3, 2008, 06:41 AM
However legit battles among hunters and rangers would actually last a while and were semi balanced. My favorite battles in PSO were 2v2 with a ranger and hunter on both teams. without mechguns.

Also forces in PSO killed everyone hacked or not, because of technic level. Forces were the only major unbalance in PSO pvp.

The first bold statement overrides the second, as mechguns made everything else look not as unbalanced. PvP in PSO was utterly horrible. The game wasn't even balanced in PvE, let alone PvP. If you're going to put on the rose-colored glasses, try to at least be consistent in ignoring all the flaws.

PVP would be about as bad in PSU.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 3, 2008, 01:32 PM
no.
keep this game a PvE only game. thats why i like this game.

I always love comments like these. No one is forcing you to play PvP if it was ever added and they would not be taking away PvE either. You could play PvE all day and never have to even try PvP. So the very reason you enjoy this game would not change. Thus you comment is invalid as you would still like the game even with PvP.

That being said I doubt SEGA could handle balancing PvP in PSU provided how their answer for balance is alwys to make things stronger. I would love to see them try though.

Inazuma
Jul 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
crappy players dont like the idea of PVP b/c they will have no chance of winning. that aside...

if PVP is actually balanced and done right, awesome.

if its not balanced, it could still work. just make sure you only fight against someone who is the same type as you.

It would be nice if they can make it worth our time as well. either by letting players bet meseta (each player bets 100k meseta, winner gets 200k) or by handing out a certain amount of meseta for each kill you get or whatever.

i was one of the very few players who enjoyed pso's battle mode. but it was extremely hard finding opponents. i liked rule 1 the best b/c we could actually use our characters.

Kylie
Jul 3, 2008, 02:29 PM
I don't think it's necessary, and I don't think it'd be good with PSU's current system. Also, I think there are other things to fix first. But I wouldn't care either way.

panzer_unit
Jul 3, 2008, 02:51 PM

if its not balanced, it could still work. just make sure you only fight against someone who is the same type as you.

It would be nice if they can make it worth our time as well. either by letting players bet meseta (each player bets 100k meseta, winner gets 200k) or by handing out a certain amount of meseta for each kill you get or whatever.

i was one of the very few players who enjoyed pso's battle mode. but it was extremely hard finding opponents. i liked rule 1 the best b/c we could actually use our characters.

The most fun I had in PSO battle mode was when we just went down to the planet and tried beating the usual forest-to-falz run with friendly fire turned on. Even when you were so powerful that enemies were basically cakewalk, hits from your teammates were still hella dangerous.

I think if you just dumped a bunch of PSU characters in Rozenom City as they are right now, with the map out and character names turned off, it would at least be fun. Pretty much any class can crank out a kill in one move (melee) or two shots (tech/range) ... which is pretty close to giving everyone a fair chance as long as the map isn't 100% ranger friendly. I wouldn't have any faith in any attempt on Sega's part to "improve" things with battle rules or the like.

Ruru
Jul 3, 2008, 03:01 PM
i'm gonna have to agree with panzer_unit on this. the way things are i'm sure there will be alot of one hit kills but that would make it all the more interesting. it would pretty much be a (whoever sees who first is almost certain to be the winner)

on the other hand though... i'm not so sure that, and i hate to say this, it would be fair for the PS2 players.
lots of lag and slowdown issues already but with a PS2 vs PC player i can almost say for certain, unless the PC player REALLY sucks, the PS2 player is almost guaranteed to lose, because of lag/slowdown and weapon/PA loading issues.

SEGAC could get this to work if they cared enough, and it really wouldn't change things as a whole in the game, but in some aspects i really dont see this being a plausible idea, mostly in the PS2 situation.

and i'm sure there'll be a few comments of "no one's forcing you to play PvP on PS2" well PS2 is all i have and if there was a PvP i'd like to try it out.

Meta77
Jul 3, 2008, 03:15 PM
wait is there not a mission that allows for pvp that has not been released yet. I know i read about it somewhere.

gryphonvii
Jul 3, 2008, 03:24 PM
probably the explosive duel mentioned a while back but no one paid attention to cuz they were too busy bitchin' at each other.

quick idea: have sega make an event temporarily to go alongside olympics, probably not gonna hapen but hey, I'm bored and watching tv, I just saw an olympic commercial and I said"hey..."

Ken_Silver
Jul 3, 2008, 03:40 PM
probably the explosive duel mentioned a while back but no one paid attention to cuz they were too busy bitchin' at each other.

Yeah. I'm the guy who mentioned it. :D Anyone want to address this?

1'm 90% sure that this is not the airboard racing mission.

Anduril
Jul 3, 2008, 03:59 PM
Battle PvP will only work well with this game if they give us character slots for PVP-Only characters with their own special stats and weapons, or make PVP match exclusive stats with certain restrictions on PA levels and types, other than that just implementing PvP in the game as it is now would make for a rather unpleasant experience for anyone who doesn't have maxed out PAs and high end equipment. I think that PvP in the form of races like in the Dengeki Cup is a fitting way of putting PvP in PSU, and if they fleshed those types of missions out more I think it would be a great addition, with leader boards and prizes and such.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 3, 2008, 04:22 PM
crappy players dont like the idea of PVP b/c they will have no chance of winning.
Pull your head out of your ass.

i'm gonna have to agree with panzer_unit on this. the way things are i'm sure there will be alot of one hit kills but that would make it all the more interesting. it would pretty much be a (whoever sees who first is almost certain to be the winner)

Explain to me how one hit killing opponents would be interesting. This is PSU, not 007 with Goldengun.

Mewnie
Jul 3, 2008, 04:35 PM
crappy players dont like the idea of PVP b/c they will have no chance of winning. that aside...

A weak arguement, that has no bearing on why the main reasons I believe PvP doesn't belong in this game.

Player-imposed limitations on a broken system? That will get pretty dull, pretty fast.

Inazuma
Jul 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
A weak arguement, that has no bearing on why the main reasons I believe PvP doesn't belong in this game.

why are you against pvp? please tell us.

CoV-Shana
Jul 3, 2008, 05:36 PM
PvP would be nice as a special event or something similar as me and a certain fortefighter argue which one of us would win (I'm the FT obviously). But I don't think we need to bicker on who would win. FT all the way... *ducks*

Dragwind
Jul 3, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not a huge PvP fan, unless the game is designed or focused around it.

However, I'd have to say I'm kind of neutral on PvP in PSU. It would have its positives and negatives depending on how it would be set up.

I think honestly, ST wouldn't release an extremely broken PvP system. They at least had some limitations in PSO, and I feel the system would work off of such limitations such as basic equipment, paired character + class level, etc.

Some class mechanics might cause conflicts though, but as someone mentioned, that could probably be handled via same class vs. same class, or something similar.

I would personally prefer "vehicle" races, such as floaders, hoverboards, etc. Perhaps maybe even something a bit more interesting. Floader/hoverboard CTF anyone? ;)

Retniwreven
Jul 3, 2008, 08:39 PM
I've got to say, in a heartfelt way, not a chance.
The lack of balance would turn PVP into a farce.
Just get a level 40 rifle bullet. Knockdown and status effects that players don't have the STA to resist, and you've got people on the floor or frozen with every second bullet.

Ditto with stuff like Megid, Killer Shot, etc.

RemiusTA
Jul 3, 2008, 08:55 PM
Anyone who is against PVP needs to shut up and go play something else.

This is such a stupid fucking arguement. "Does PSU need PVP"..?

No fucking shit, it needs every kind of gameplay mode it can get to break the grind. You mean to tell me you people complain about the thought of White Beast spamming yet disagree with the implementation of a whole nother gameplay mode?

Retarded. Absolutely retarded.

I cant believe so many people are so strongly against a battle mode for STUPID ass reasons, as if any new content added to this game can Possibly make it any worse than it already is. No MMORPG has a balanced PVP mode, but they are always fun. And if you dont want to PVP, then go do something else.

"UNBALANCED! ELITISTS! UNFAIR!"

Crybabies.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 3, 2008, 09:10 PM

No fucking shit, it needs every kind of gameplay mode it can get to break the grind. You mean to tell me you people complain about the thought of White Beast spamming yet disagree with the implementation of a whole nother gameplay mode?

I cant believe so many people are so strongly against a battle mode for STUPID ass reasons, as if any new content added to this game can Possibly make it any worse than it already is. No MMORPG has a balanced PVP mode, but they are always fun. And if you dont want to PVP, then go do something else.

Crybabies.

Ironic that out of all of that bitchfest you just typed you put no reasons to support it, besides "breaking the grind".

If you're not going to contribute, then shut up.

The_Brimada
Jul 3, 2008, 09:12 PM

Crybabies.

Stop crying about people crying.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Just because you don't agree with the nay sayers doesn't mean they should shut up and play something else(because guess what they are already playing the right game!). If this game was meant to have PvP it should've had it from the start.

Thats my opinion.

I can careless if PSU gets PvP or not, but I doubt it would be pulled off well. If it happens and I'm wrong, so be it.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 3, 2008, 09:16 PM
If this game was meant to have PvP it should've had it from the start.

*nods*

Sounds right to me.

FenrirxX
Jul 3, 2008, 09:20 PM

After reading 16 pages of you people doing nothing but go back and forth bitching over the same stuff, not to mention the like 10 people who post "lol no unbalanced", this is the first thing that has made some sense.

D< and yeah I did just make an account to say that.

Adriano
Jul 3, 2008, 09:22 PM
what the hell did you make a new account :lol:

FenrirxX
Jul 3, 2008, 09:25 PM
what the hell did you make a new account :lol:
D: moar lyke I found something to post about. I really just come here for the guides.

Adriano
Jul 3, 2008, 09:29 PM
mmmmk...by new, I meant "another" :lol:

FenrirxX
Jul 3, 2008, 09:42 PM
mmmmk...by new, I meant "another" :lol:oh no then >>

RemiusTA
Jul 3, 2008, 09:45 PM
Ironic that out of all of that bitchfest you just typed you put no reasons to support it, besides "breaking the grind".

If you're not going to contribute, then shut up.

Oh please, you MUST see how retarded you guys sound.

Its like asking a field of slaves that work in the sun all day if they want a new Pool to go to when they're finished working everyday and them replying "No, it might get leaves in it".

Simply retarded. You guys complain about us not getting shit, yet turn around and say "no we dont want it, it wont be perfect". Yeah, well the whole damn game is imperfect so you might as well take what you're offered.

Not like any of this matters because SEGA isnt adding shit else to this game.

Mewnie
Jul 3, 2008, 09:47 PM
why are you against pvp? please tell us.

As I've stated many, many times, any PvE game with a diverse range of classes makes for terrible PvP balance.

Why play any of the hybrid classes? Fortes would rule the day. It wouldn't be about skill, but who can grind the best gear and fire off jabroga/majarra/megid/killer shot first.

Those who bitch the loudest about getting PvP will be the first to ditch it when they realize it's not as good as they wanted it to be, leaving it a half-assed, incomplete mess that will delay the things we really need, like competent customer service, timely updates and new content.

If they go with PvP, I guarantee there would be nerfs to classes, PAs and weapons, which would not only effect PvP, but PvE. Leaving those of us that aren't interested in PvP negatively effected as well. People will bitch and moan about why their favorite class/PA/weapon was nerfed, and thus we lose more of a finite amount of players.

It doesn't take a genius to know that tacking on a slip-shod PvP system onto a game that is poorly balanced as PSU. It never works.

IMO, PvP is better served in games that specifically cater to that style of play.

RemiusTA
Jul 3, 2008, 09:54 PM
Why play any of the hybrid classes? Fortes would rule the day. It wouldn't be about skill, but who can grind the best gear and fire off jabroga/majarra/megid/killer shot first.

Listen to me me closely.

THERE IS NO SKILL INVOLVED IN THIS GAME .

Just like people saying "Difficulty" is "grinding the same stage six hundred thousand times until everything you need drops."

This isn't Devil May Cry, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Super Smash Brothers, Halo, Unreal Tournament or Final Fantasy. there is no stragety or skill involved in this game, nor in almost any Japanese or Korean MMO/MMORPG on the planet.

Nobody is looking for a "SUPER BALANCED HEATED DUEL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS", we're looking for PVP. A way to have fun and frag a bunch of people.

Mewnie
Jul 3, 2008, 09:56 PM
Then why not play TF2 or another FPS of personal choice? you'd get a better PvP experience.

RemiusTA
Jul 3, 2008, 09:59 PM
http://eddddie.googlepages.com/facepalm.jpg

Mewnie
Jul 3, 2008, 10:13 PM
Cute picture. Doesn't answer the question.

TalHex
Jul 3, 2008, 10:16 PM
PvP only if they have it in a separate mode like in PSO

R2D6battlebot
Jul 3, 2008, 10:26 PM
Listen to me me closely.

THERE IS NO SKILL INVOLVED IN THIS GAME .

So if you agree to this part, why exactly would you be stupid enough to want PvP in the first place? Numerous previous posts have said something to the effect of 'der I like teh idea of pwning teh nubzors DER-HUR' and yet if there's no skill involved, where's the fun and satisfaction of even playing/winning in a PvP setting? It's like hacking to get every rare you want, or kissing a dead person; all the reward with none of the work makes it meaningless. You said it yourself, this game requires no skill whatsoever, so you're saying you would want a PvP system that's really just a bunch of elated retards running around spamming different PA's at each other? It'd be like a giant clusterfuck of random shit hitting everywhere, YAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWN. If you want to play against people in games that dont require any skill whatsoever, go play Halo 3 or host games on Gears all day. You'll get all the empty satisfaction you would ever want on those.

Macras
Jul 3, 2008, 10:55 PM
a bunch of elated retards running around spamming different PA's at each other? It'd be like a giant clusterfuck of random shit hitting everywhere,

this sounds like something fun to watch, but not be a part of. overall i agree with this statement and also Mewn's about how it would likely turn out.

Those who bitch the loudest about getting PvP will be the first to ditch it when they realize it's not as good as they wanted it to be, leaving it a half-assed, incomplete mess that will delay the things we really need, like competent customer service, timely updates and new content.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 3, 2008, 11:17 PM
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE SO AGANST A NEW WAY TO PLAY?! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO PVP, THEN DON'T FUCKING DO IT!

Just go back to spamming white beast online. >_>

My God, you people whine about more things than the Catholic Church.

Mewnie
Jul 3, 2008, 11:50 PM
No need to raise your voice, Chuck.

You're not winning converts to your side with that approach, though.

RemiusTA
Jul 4, 2008, 12:13 AM
Alright people, here is MY "foolproof" of a Battle Mode in PSU.

tl;dr alert.

Edit: FUCKING editor. For some reason like half of my post got deleted, so ill just nerf my explanation.

For the Battle Mode, when you click the mission, you are first asked to choose a class. Hunter, Force, Ranger, which are all basically Forte class weapon selections.

The level of the room creator determines the amount of level restrictions on weapon/line sheild / unit Rank and * Spawns. The higher the level of the player, the higher the * spawn of the room can be, although you can still set restrictions.

You can also restrict the level of the player and control if you would like Levelup Handicaps and stuff.

Linesheilds and shit drop at high Elemental Percentages (linesheilds 30%+ , weapons 30%+), so that your stragety can further be dependant on elements. (The balances at the bottom will explain why.)

Aside from these specifications, everything is found in boxes while playing. The higher the * rank, the lower the chance you get them. The closer you are to elimination, the higher the drop rate for the highest specified drop * rank. (one scapedoll left = 50% chance the highest star item will drop.) Time spent battling and Box Type also affects drop rates. (Trap protected boxes will have far better item rates than others. Also, boxes deeper in enemy territory / farther from party territory have much higher rates as well.)

The other battle mode, "Free Match", allows all players lives and shit as usual, but with their own weapons/equip/whatever, and the nerfed classes/ranks.

ALL BALANCING NOTES TO CONSIDER (for you "NU BALNCE IN PSuZ" junkies.) :
[I]
* Forces begin games with all elemental SINGLE spells. (Foie, Barta, Diga, Zonde) with equal % modifiers (I.E. Barta does equal damage to Diga vs. Neutral Armors)

* -Ra Spells are considered a rare find in Battle Mode.

* Light and Dark Technics/Bullets alike have greater % modifiers than other elements, and are rightfully more rare. Light and Dark striking weapons are also harder to come by, but not as much as Bullets/Technics

* Damu and Nosu Spells are not used in Battle Mode.

* Resta, Reverser, and Buffs are the only supports used in Battle Mode. (Debuffs and Giresta are not used)

*All damage will be severely nerfed. (getting over 1000 damage is highly, HIGHLY unlikely)

*Levels during Battle Mode only affect your HP and Defensive status.

*ATP, TP and ATA all are increased by "Photon Drops" found in boxes . Limit on these stats are dependant on your level, and the amount of points these "Photon Drops" increase the corresponding stat by can be changed in the rule setting. (from 1 to 10 points.)

*Flinching and falling are to be adjusted as such:
- The final hit in a Saber combo can knock a player down.
- The final hit in a Sword combo knocks the player away.
- ONLY the first hit in an Axe combo knocks the player down
- Rifle and Laser shots knock the player back for a short amount of time but dont hinder movement
- Gernade Launchers always blow the player away.
- -Ra spells knock the player away.

*Gameplay mechanics are to be adjusted as such (In all battle modes) :

-All bullets are decreased in speed to allow non ranged players the ability to strafe and dodge while closing in.

-Gernade Shells have decreased speed to avoid Stun-Locking players.

- -Ra spells have increased casting time to avoid Stun-Locking players.

- All Photon Arts default with all three combos, but with Lv1 Damage Modifiers.

- Only the FINAL COMBO of the photon art has blowaway/knockdown abilities.

- All PA's are adjusted to do elementary damage. No modifier exceeds 150%. (JA'd Jarboga only does 2x max damage

And there you have it. A nice, fun, PVP mode that everyone can enjoy.

Although i call it "realistic", it would undoubtedly require an extention. (although the changes wouldnt be that severe. ST could definatley accomplish this, although i doubt they would take the same approach as me.)

Go ahead and try to find any Imbalances/ unfair settings in my battle mode system. I could explain an easy patch ST could deploy to fix them.

Rangers are keeper-backers that can do great ranged Elemental damage, Hunters are in-your-face defensive breakers, Forces are elemental warlords that can do massive damage to multiple players.

In Teamplay Matches (3v3 most likely), teams that are comprised of all 3 classes would have great offensive and defensive strageties.

Teams of hunters could be like like one-hitter-quitter groups, where they take heavy losses getting to the players on ranged teams, but if they succeed they can basically blow them away without much worries of being overcome.

Teams of Rangers would be basically keep-away groups, using terrain and long-ranged guns to push the other teams back, but also being able to play in-your-face if they all manage to find Shotgun's and Laser cannons.

Teams of Forces would have to visually play to the elemental advantages and use the elemental spells to damage the opposing team. Starting off with the full elemental set of spells, the opposing team would have to all find Neutral armors or go bare in order to defeat the force teams, and if three forces were to aquire -Ra spells, they could become virtually unstoppable. However they would still have a hard time gaining victory, since unlike bullets Technics dont flinch the opponent. So basically they would be a Glass-Cannon Team.

Now, throw in dynamic stages with warps, dead-ends, mazes, and the use of Environmental and Player-used Traps, and you've got yourself a badass Battle Mode.

chaoskila
Jul 4, 2008, 12:37 AM
[spoiler-box]Alright people, here is MY "foolproof" of a Battle Mode in PSU.

Edit: FUCKING editor. For some reason like half of my post got deleted, so ill just nerf my explanation.

For the Battle Mode, when you click the mission, you are first asked to choose a class. Hunter, Force, Ranger, which are all basically Forte class weapon selections.

The level of the room creator determines the amount of level restrictions on weapon/line sheild / unit Rank and * Spawns. The higher the level of the player, the higher the * spawn of the room can be, although you can still set restrictions.

You can also restrict the level of the player and control if you would like Levelup Handicaps and stuff.

Linesheilds and shit drop at high Elemental Percentages (linesheilds 30%+ , weapons 30%+), so that your stragety can further be dependant on elements. (The balances at the bottom will explain why.)

Aside from these specifications, everything is found in boxes while playing. The higher the * rank, the lower the chance you get them. The closer you are to elimination, the higher the drop rate for the highest specified drop * rank. (one scapedoll left = 50% chance the highest star item will drop.) Time spent battling and Box Type also affects drop rates. (Trap protected boxes will have far better item rates than others. Also, boxes deeper in enemy territory / farther from party territory have much higher rates as well.)

The other battle mode, "Free Match", allows all players lives and shit as usual, but with their own weapons/equip/whatever, and the nerfed classes/ranks.

[I]
* Forces begin games with all elemental SINGLE spells. (Foie, Barta, Diga, Zonde) with equal % modifiers (I.E. Barta does equal damage to Diga vs. Neutral Armors)

* Light and Dark Technics/Bullets alike have greater % modifiers than other elements, and are rightfully more rare. Light and Dark striking weapons are also harder to come by, but not as much as Bullets/Technics

* Resta, Reverser, and Buffs are the only supports used in Battle Mode. (Debuffs and Giresta are not used)

*All damage will be severely nerfed. (getting over 1000 damage is highly, HIGHLY unlikely)

*ATP, TP and ATA all are increased by "Photon Drops" found in boxes . Limit on these stats are dependant on your level, and the amount of points these "Photon Drops" increase the corresponding stat by can be changed in the rule setting. (from 1 to 10 points.)

- Rifle and Laser shots knock the player back for a short amount of time but dont hinder movement

-All bullets are decreased in speed to allow non ranged players the ability to strafe and dodge while closing in.

- All PA's are adjusted to do elementary damage. No modifier exceeds 150%. (JA'd Jarboga only does 2x max damage

Although i call it "realistic", it would undoubtedly require an extention. (although the changes wouldnt be that severe. ST could definatley accomplish this, although i doubt they would take the same approach as me.)

Go ahead and try to find any Imbalances/ unfair settings in my battle mode system. I could explain an easy patch ST could deploy to fix them.

Rangers are keeper-backers that can do great ranged Elemental damage, Hunters are in-your-face defensive breakers, Forces are elemental warlords that can do massive damage to multiple players.

In Teamplay Matches (3v3 most likely), teams that are comprised of all 3 classes would have great offensive and defensive strageties.
Teams of hunters could be like like one-hitter-quitter groups, where they take heavy losses getting to the players on ranged teams, but if they succeed they can basically blow them away without much worries of being overcome.
Teams of Rangers would be basically keep-away groups, using terrain and long-ranged guns to push the other teams back, but also being able to play in-your-face if they all manage to find Shotgun's and Laser cannons.
Teams of Forces would have to visually play to the elemental advantages and use the elemental spells to damage the opposing team. Starting off with the full elemental set of spells, the opposing team would have to all find Neutral armors or go bare in order to defeat the force teams, and if three forces were to aquire -Ra spells, they could become virtually unstoppable. However they would still have a hard time gaining victory, since unlike bullets Technics dont flinch the opponent. So basically they would be a Glass-Cannon Team.[/spoiler-box]

damn.
its like a freaking esay but i have to say i thnk it sounds right.
[could be its too much for me to read...]

Ken_Silver
Jul 4, 2008, 12:44 AM
[spoiler-box]Alright people, here is MY "foolproof" of a Battle Mode in PSU.

tl;dr alert.

[I]

Teams of Forces would have to visually play to the elemental advantages and use the elemental spells to damage the opposing team. Starting off with the full elemental set of spells, the opposing team would have to all find Neutral armors or go bare in order to defeat the force teams, and if three forces were to aquire -Ra spells, they could become virtually unstoppable. However they would still have a hard time gaining victory, since unlike bullets Technics dont flinch the opponent. So basically they would be a Glass-Cannon Team.

Now, throw in dynamic stages with warps, dead-ends, mazes, and the use of Environmental and Player-used Traps, and you've got yourself a badass Battle Mode.[/spoiler-box]

I give you credit. You went and took the time to plan this out and stand your ground. You win the thread for that alone.

Not to mention that it works. While it's a shame that you can't use your own weapons, its for the best. Besides, there could be an option to use your own weapons or to fight using this system on fair grounds.

Two Thumbs up from my corner.

Mewnie
Jul 4, 2008, 12:45 AM
Alright people, here is MY "foolproof" of a Battle Mode in PSU.

Oh, this will be fun :3

For the Battle Mode, when you click the mission, you are first asked to choose a class. Hunter, Force, Ranger, which are all basically Forte class weapon selections. So, right off the bat, you are conceding that hybrids have no place in PvP?

[insert a load of shit that got randomlly deleted here]

Aside from these specifications, everything is found in boxes while playing. The higher the * rank, the lower the chance you get them. The closer you are to elimination, the higher the drop rate for the highest specified drop * rank. (one scapedoll left = 50% chance the highest star item will drop.) Time spent battling and Box Type also affects drop rates. (Trap protected boxes will have far better item rates than others. Also, boxes deeper in enemy territory / farther from party territory have much higher rates as well.)Interesting, so victory will depend on random lottery, plus encouraging some zerg tactics to increase chance of good 'drops'.

The other battle mode, "Free Match", allows all players lives and shit as usual, but with their own weapons/equip/whatever, and the nerfed classes/ranks.What? Nerfed how? I don't see any information on this.

ALL BALANCING NOTES TO CONSIDER (for you "NU BALNCE IN PSuZ" junkies.) :RODGERDODGER GOUD SER

Whoa. Stop right there. So Forces are boned right out of the gate? Good luck trying to aim those non-lockon techs on mobile targets.

So dark and light element armors will be highly prized, hum. But defense is a joke stat anyways. And as jagd always says, the best SE to inflict is dead.

Which sucks, since damu spells would be nice in choke point control areas.

Why not debuffs? Oh, seeing as Forces offensive abilities are largely neutered, they can work as efficient healbots.

So the forces can heal in time. Gotcha.

Will HP be nerfed as well? (see comment above on defense being a joke stat)

*ATP, TP and ATA all are increased by "Photon Drops" found in boxes . Limit on these stats are dependant on your level, and the amount of points these "Photon Drops" increase the corresponding stat by can be changed in the rule setting. (from 1 to 10 points.)Huh. Once again, success being dependent on lottery luck.

Interesting. Sabers would be popular, swords, maybe. Axes? Why take a slower weapon when sabers can do the same CC much faster? Axes could be useful for PA bombing, maybe; But with nerfed damage, it heavily favors the faster sabers.

Nice tuoch with the Ra spells. If the forces live long enough to see them/aren't too busy healbotting.

-All bullets are decreased in speed to allow non ranged players the ability to strafe and dodge while closing in.Wait...

Waaaaiiiit...

-Ra spells have increased casting time to avoid Stun-Locking players.
This seems to favour melee more and more.

- All Photon Arts default with all three combos, but with Lv1 Damage Modifiers.Eh, goes with the nerfed damage. But flimsy hits can be healed fast.

- Only the FINAL COMBO of the photon art has blowaway/knockdown abilities.Really? That really narrows the usefulness of some PAs. Oh, I forgot.

MAJARRA MARJARRA JABROGA!

- All PA's are adjusted to do elementary damage. No modifier exceeds 150%. (JA'd Jarboga only does 2x max damage But never over 1000? Axes are useless in your PvP.

And there you have it. A nice, fun, PVP mode that everyone can enjoy.Especially melee!

Although i call it "realistic", it would undoubtedly require an extention. (although the changes wouldnt be that severe. ST could definatley accomplish this, although i doubt they would take the same approach as me.)Got that right. Horribly broken, half-assed and not up to anyones standards.

Go ahead and try to find any Imbalances/ unfair settings in my battle mode system. I could explain an easy patch ST could deploy to fix them.I look forward to it :3

RemiusTA
Jul 4, 2008, 12:50 AM
I thought i typed that in somewhere. Like a battle mode where you keep all your equipment but still get the Battle Mode Nerfs.

Keep in mind, in that system stated, Character Level only affects HP, DFP, ATA and MST. All ATP/TP/LUCK increases are found as items in-game. (Forgot to add that Grinders are found as well, and increase the item 1 grind on use with no failure)

Therefore, all weapons could automatically be used (Lv1 player with Agito Replica 50% 10/10), but all it would be was the Agito Replica strength added with the base stat of the player. It would still do considerable damage, although still take forever to kill people because of the Damage/HP ratio.

So it would STILL be a rapefest, except a BALANCED rapefest that still would involve fighting and teamwork at least. Although if everyone used their own items it may start off unfair. But that would only be for the l33t people who want to show off.

Finalzone
Jul 4, 2008, 01:01 AM
DC v2, actually.

Ya know, when PKing was STILL around.

It was on DC v1 too. I perfectly remember when my first online party got wiped by someone using PK wuth egg weapon like to steal our items.

Finalzone
Jul 4, 2008, 01:05 AM
ok here u ppl go again w/ the balanace shit the balance thing will never work cuz sega will never put missions in that give the same mission points/exp so it doesnt relle matter how u look at it the game will always b unbalanced but if Pvp was added the game would still balance out. u culd train all day on that one mission than go take a break and pumble some noobs half of u dont seem to understand not every1 likes playin the same game everyday thats y so many ppl quit daily...they get tired of it and for u ppl that say go play WoW some ppl dont like computer games and Btw WoW is 1 of the best played games around and gess wat it has Pvp! so dont try and compare games to WoW and btw u always have the option to pick wether or not to play the Pvp. its not like u have to the ppl that dont can do the normal things that use to do (yell a lil kids,noobs, try and pick up girls"acutally guys, well most of anyway no offense to u girls that do play"and then u can go back to farming u rares) and btw u can stop callin me a internet tough guy i didnt start tis screaming thing i just wanted my Pvp in 1 of my favorite xbox 360 games

btw i started tis post just to c if i culd c how many ppl wanted pvp and had a good idea towards it

Who is good to listen to someone looking for PvP when he tried to show he is tough? Go play other PvP instead.

*IMHO, this topic should be closed *

Finalzone
Jul 4, 2008, 01:21 AM

Much like how bad loser you appears to be having got owned on other PvP games. Armed with codes and crack to cheat, you want to impose PvP on other games that have none. Your statement is a classic example of inferiority complex.

RemiusTA
Jul 4, 2008, 01:29 AM
EDIT:

WOOH! Fun time!

Oh, this will be fun :3Indeed it will!

So, right off the bat, you are conceding that hybrids have no place in PvP?Yes. You're whole arguement was a huge Bitchfest on balancing, so this is the safest, easiest and smartest choice.

Interesting, so victory will depend on random lottery, plus encouraging some zerg tactics to increase chance of good 'drops'. If thats your style of playing. Keep in mind that similar to PSO's battle mode, getting killed would drop a random item in your posession. I dont know why you would kill yourself over and over just to get a weapon that would only give you a small advantage, just to get killed again and lose the match.

What? Nerfed how? I don't see any information on this.Keep reading.

RODGERDODGER GOUD SERI wish i knew what this ment

Whoa. Stop right there. So Forces are boned right out of the gate? Good luck trying to aim those non-lockon techs on mobile targets.Good point. Although you could easily fix this by altering their collision radius or simply making them move faster. Barta and Zonde dont really need much help, seeing as they're piercing spells

So dark and light element armors will be highly prized, hum. But defense is a joke stat anyways. And as jagd always says, the best SE to inflict is dead.This makes no sense. Elemental attributes bypass defensive attributes. I already said a focus of this system would be elemental utulization.

Which sucks, since damu spells would be nice in choke point control areas.Yeah, I just noticed this when you pointed out how hard it is to aim Single spells sometimes. Okay, i retract this balancing. Although it doesnt make a bit of difference unless they default to a certian level -- Dam spells have suicide-range at Lv1-10, and in battle mode a Force would definately not want to be hit.

Why not debuffs? Oh, seeing as Forces offensive abilities are largely neutered, they can work as efficient healbots.Good Point again. I would retract this as well.

So the forces can heal in time. Gotcha.Keep in mind the amount of TP the force has in this mode, and the amount of damage they would recieve in ratio to a Ranger or Hunter.

Will HP be nerfed as well? (see comment above on defense being a joke stat)
Nope.

Huh. Once again, success being dependent on lottery luck.Well this whole damn game is dependant on Lottery luck, from finding rares to synthing rares. One could argue that a game like Smash Brothers is also dependant on Lottery Luck with the Items depending on how you play. Of course, you can always turn Items off...but wheres the fun in that? (espically when you guys bitch about E-Peen fests and PVP.)

Interesting. Sabers would be popular, swords, maybe. Axes? Why take a slower weapon when sabers can do the same CC much faster? Axes could be useful for PA bombing, maybe; But with nerfed damage, it heavily favors the faster sabers.Well, because sabers are significantly weaker than axes and swords, and have smaller range as well. Not to mention saber range is easily escapable -- Axes knock down on the first hit and swords Blow away on the last hit, all while doing far more damage.

Nice tuoch with the Ra spells. If the forces live long enough to see them/aren't too busy healbotting.Not all forces like to play the Team Pussy. If you want to healbot like you do in PvE, then have fun

Wait...

Waaaaiiiit...

This seems to favour melee more and more.No, it seems to favor unbroken gameplay more. Ever play Ratchet & Clank UYA online? Where they get to spawn kill and bomb you to death while you cant get or move or even counter attack?

Eh, goes with the nerfed damage. But flimsy hits can be healed fast.Granted you have to materials to heal with. I dont recall saying everyone is equipped with 20 monomates, 20 dimates, 20 trimates, 10 star automizers and 10 Photon Charges here.

Really? That really narrows the usefulness of some PAs. Oh, I forgot.

MAJARRA MARJARRA JABROGA!Granted you even have MAJARRA MAJARRA JABROGA to spam, or the PP in your weapon to do so.

But never over 1000? Axes are useless in your PvP.Yet they are the strongest weapon class in the game. Are you slow or something? You did take into account that if JA'd Jarboga "Rarely does over 1000 damage" if at all, that the previous weapons can only max out at fractions of that?

Did you also take into account that a Jarboga doing over 1000 damage multiple times would not be able to be survived by almost anyone under level 150?

Especially melee!HAHAHA i c wat u did thar

Got that right. Horribly broken, half-assed and not up to anyones standards.As if you have standards, defending a content-less game from recieving new content. You call my shit Half-assed, but we can all agree its far better than any shit you can come up with.

I look forward to it :3Fuck you. Nitpick all you want, but I would absolutely love to see you come up with something so i can tear it to shreads. In fact, i cant wait for you to reply to this so i can tear that to shreads too.

Someone who bitches like a fucking retard about adding content to the game has no room to talk.

Finalzone
Jul 4, 2008, 01:35 AM
On the other hand, Challenge mode from PSO deserves to come back! Because that mode puts even more collabpration in the team at the center of the game experience.

CAVAOUBIEN
mais... ça va ou bien?

Challenge mode are available in sorta way: Bruce Dungeon, Egg Thieves and Her Secret Mission. Not sure if japanese version has more.

Mewnie
Jul 4, 2008, 01:42 AM
EDIT:

Fuck you. Nitpick all you want, but I would absolutely love to see you come up with something so i can tear it to shreads. In fact, i cant wait for you to reply to this so i can tear that to shreads too.

I'm not. Because I know adding PvP would be a waste of developer resources.
I'd rather ST focus on fixing their shitty, slackass attitude towards the NA/EU playerbase and delivering on the content that's already been promised to us.
Not diverting their focus on a system that only a minority of players actually wants, and will use for a brief amount of time before going back to bitching and moaning and threatening to quit again...

oh..

oh...

*deletes account*

Game over, im done with this shit

oh shit!

Someone who bitches like a fucking retarded about adding content to the game has no room to talk.

later, hunnybuns :3

R2D6battlebot
Jul 4, 2008, 01:58 AM
EDIT:

Fuck you. Nitpick all you want, but I would absolutely love to see you come up with something so i can tear it to shreads. In fact, i cant wait for you to reply to this so i can tear that to shreads too.

Someone who bitches like a fucking retard about adding content to the game has no room to talk.

I'll reply for Mewn, and I'm sure the vast majority of people would agree with me that MY option is a LOT better than yours is (see poll for proof). Ready? Here goes:
Don't waste time putting PvP in a game that has MASSIVE auto-aim and absolutely zero special abilities given to different classes. All the MMO-type games that have a working PvP system all have something in common - all the classes have different, yet balanced, abilities that can help turn the tide against other, sometimes stronger, classes. PvP has no place in this style of game, you can write another essay on the subject if you like, but the poll already says that more people would not want to ruin this game by adding PvP to it. Now I know, you're going to say 'If you don't want it, then just don't play it', but it's just not that simple. You see, if PvP hit, then not only would he have to put up with people like you on forums, but your kind would just pop up everywhere in-game, and nobody wants to see that.

Go ahead and 'tear my post to shreds' if you want, but please try not to strain yourself, I don't want to have a guilty conscience if your hurt your widdle head ;(

Adriano
Jul 4, 2008, 01:58 AM
All this RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE over pvp :lol:
Pvp is serus bidness obv. :roll:

RemiusTA
Jul 4, 2008, 02:27 AM
I'll reply for Mewn, and I'm sure the vast majority of people would agree with me that MY option is a LOT better than yours is (see poll for proof). Ready? Here goes:
Don't waste time putting PvP in a game that has MASSIVE auto-aim and absolutely zero special abilities given to different classes. All the MMO-type games that have a working PvP system all have something in common - all the classes have different, yet balanced, abilities that can help turn the tide against other, sometimes stronger, classes. PvP has no place in this style of game, you can write another essay on the subject if you like, but the poll already says that more people would not want to ruin this game by adding PvP to it. Now I know, you're going to say 'If you don't want it, then just don't play it', but it's just not that simple. You see, if PvP hit, then not only would he have to put up with people like you on forums, but your kind would just pop up everywhere in-game, and nobody wants to see that.

Go ahead and 'tear my post to shreds' if you want, but please try not to strain yourself, I don't want to have a guilty conscience if your hurt your widdle head ;(

I would have taken your post seriously if i didnt see the words "massive auto-aim" in PSU when none of the guns have a lockon feature. Out of context, yes, but you guys love Nitpicking.

Your poll makes no difference. Its no different than the "PSO vs. PSU" polls that have equally uneven bars between the threads.

Also, what is "My Kind?" Im guessing you're reffering to "elitist" PVP players, and this is why your arguements are so fucking backless. You make no valid sense. All you can say is "WRITE ANOTHER ESSAY BUT IT DOESNT MATTER WE ALL AGREE PVP WILL RUIN PSU", and thats complete and utter bullshit.

If you dont favor an extra gameplay mode, thats your opinion and i really could care less. However, saying it should be excluded from the game because "it sucks" and "its for elitist players" and "you can play Halo instead"....I mean, are you starting to see how stupid that sounds? "I dont want it in my game because its in Halo"?

Its like you're trying to apply a "dont fix what isnt broken" mentality to something that really cant be harmed by ANY new incoming gameplay content.

Its not that im trying to change any opinions or anything...its just that with all the problems this game has, rejecting content is the LAST thing i think anyone would tell SEGA to consider.

Edit: Lol Mewnie, still at it?

I'm not. Because I know adding PvP would be a waste of developer resources.

I wish you would define what "developer resources" are and how PVP would be "wasting them". I guess S ranks in PSU, Special Weapons in PSO, and Sidequests in every RPG on earth that are not required for beating the game are also "wasting developer resources" as well. Yet another failure of an arguement.

I'd rather ST focus on fixing their shitty, slackass attitude towards the NA/EU playerbase and delivering on the content that's already been promised to us."Sonic Team" has nothing to do with running US/EU PSU. It wont be getting any better. This is the state PSU will be in until they take action, and judging from the LAUNCH of this game NA/EU they were never trying in the first place to sell this game.

Not diverting their focus on a system that only a minority of players actually wants, and will use for a brief amount of time before going back to bitching and moaning and threatening to quit again...
Do we play the same game? The whole NA/EU population of this game is a "minority", if even that. You are the opinion of no one. (espically if a poll of 44 people is your running crowd.)

oh..

oh...

[attempt at making a SHOCKING! connection]

oh shit!

[failure on said SHOCKING! connection attempt]

later, hunnybuns :3I dont see how those two statements have anything to do with this conversation, or eachother, in that matter.

Quitting because of a lack of content is a great deal different than continuing to pay to play a game with no content and trying desperately to keep it that way. So yes, "Fucking Retarded" is still the phrase im going to use. Although now i should most likely just switch it to just "asinine", since the swearing doesn't really cut it.

You can keep trying, but without a valid arguement this really isnt going to go anywhere else, Mewnie. Just play the "its my opinion" card so we can all just drop it, mkay?

Ri0T
Jul 4, 2008, 04:28 AM
PVP would be great just because it would be something else to do besides grinding the same missions 24/7.

We will most likely not get PVP tho because it means that Sonic Team would have to do some heavy work to make it a worthwhile experience. Balancing the Guardian Types for PVP would probably bring a lot of changes to the classes, and they'd need to still be balanced for PVE play... I doubt they want to deal with it.

Or they could just add a crap version of PVP like battle mode in PSO... It wasn't even worth playing. Maybe they could think of a way to make it work... tho i doubt it.

Macras
Jul 4, 2008, 06:12 AM
well its nice and all you are all having such a nice, heated discussion over this, there is one fact that basically defeats the entire purpose of this thread...

JP players and JP Sega decide where the game goes, and not us EU/US players or the EU/US branch office, making this whole thread as useless as an umbrella for your moniter.

Beothewulf
Jul 4, 2008, 10:54 AM
it just doesnt make sense how so many people can vote no to something that would add a very much needed challenge. Sure it needs to be "balanced" but it could actually make this game fun when there are no events happening.

The_Brimada
Jul 4, 2008, 12:26 PM
I rather see a challenge mode come to PSU if anything, seeing that its supposed to be a real challenge(keyword)

with PvP, even if it does get "balanced" I'm sure something will still be discovered as broken, then everyone will just use the broken game mechanic over and over again.

Though RemiusTA's ideas are nice for it I suppose....

well its nice and all you are all having such a nice, heated discussion over this, there is one fact that basically defeats the entire purpose of this thread...

JP players and JP Sega decide where the game goes, and not us EU/US players or the EU/US branch office, making this whole thread as useless as an umbrella for your moniter.

Mewnie
Jul 4, 2008, 07:16 PM
I would have taken your post seriously if i didnt see the words "massive auto-aim" in PSU when none of the guns have a lockon feature. Out of context, yes, but you guys love Nitpicking.

And you love bitching! I guess that makes us even :3

Your poll makes no difference. Its no different than the "PSO vs. PSU" polls that have equally uneven bars between the threads.
But it's so fun to flog the dead horse now and then.

If you dont favor an extra gameplay mode, thats your opinion and i really could care less. However, saying it should be excluded from the game because "it sucks" and "its for elitist players" and "you can play Halo instead"....I mean, are you starting to see how stupid that sounds? "I dont want it in my game because its in Halo"? So you're right, and we're wrong? Granted, I don't care about what type of person plays PvP. I am merely concerned, given previous experience with this exact same situation, that PvP will disrupt the already poor flow of existing, promised content.

Its like you're trying to apply a "dont fix what isnt broken" mentality to something that really cant be harmed by ANY new incoming gameplay content.So Sonic Team somehow has limitless resources from which to create whole new systems for this game at the whims of a small fraction of an already small playerbase?

Its not that im trying to change any opinions or anything...its just that with all the problems this game has, rejecting content is the LAST thing i think anyone would tell SEGA to consider.
Nor I. But i don't think diverting them from fixing what is currently out of whack would be a good solution, only a temporary band-aid.

Edit: Lol Mewnie, still at it?

Hai2u2

I wish you would define what "developer resources" are and how PVP would be "wasting them". I guess S ranks in PSU, Special Weapons in PSO, and Sidequests in every RPG on earth that are not required for beating the game are also "wasting developer resources" as well. Yet another failure of an arguement.
I guess in your magical make-believe world, Sonic Team has infinite time, money and personnel to implement whole new gameplay modes at the drop of a hat.

Please be do researching the business model of game development, mmmm?

"Sonic Team" has nothing to do with running US/EU PSU. It wont be getting any better. This is the state PSU will be in until they take action, and judging from the LAUNCH of this game NA/EU they were never trying in the first place to sell this game.
Seeing as Sonic Team and Sega of Japan are the ones that prepare the current update schedule, and Sega of America are merely database monkeys that plug-in the patches that are sent over the pond; Yeah, I think they do have A LOT to do with the current state of our updates.

Do we play the same game? The whole NA/EU population of this game is a "minority", if even that. You are the opinion of no one. (espically if a poll of 44 people is your running crowd.)
And your running crowd of 15? Minority of a minority. TEE HEE.

I dont see how those two statements have anything to do with this conversation, or eachother, in that matter.
I couldn't help but put that in. I doubt even if they added PvP that you would be happy anyways, and would quit again in righteous indignation.

Quitting because of a lack of content is a great deal different than continuing to pay to play a game with no content and trying desperately to keep it that way.
Now, where did I say that I don't want anymore content?

So yes, "Fucking Retarded" is still the phrase im going to use. Although now i should most likely just switch it to just "asinine", since the swearing doesn't really cut it.
No, please, the former statement was more than appropriate. It reeks of just the right amount of desperation.

You can keep trying, but without a valid arguement this really isnt going to go anywhere else, Mewnie. Just play the "its my opinion" card so we can all just drop it, mkay?So you opinion is more valid than mine? Oh, I get it now!

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 4, 2008, 07:23 PM
That's the most quotes I've ever seen in one post.

EtherForce
Jul 4, 2008, 07:26 PM
PVP would be excellent for PSU but I don't think it really matters because if they ever do implement it it would take freaking forever to get to the English speaking servers anyways.

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 4, 2008, 07:29 PM
because if they ever do implement it it would take freaking forever to get to the English speaking servers anyways.

Very, very true.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 4, 2008, 07:33 PM
That's the most quotes I've ever seen in one post.

You should browse PSO Gen more often then. :roll:

I say this topic should be locked, it's getting nowhere.

Shadaki-Kun
Jul 4, 2008, 07:43 PM
You should browse PSO Gen more often then. :roll:

I say this topic should be locked, it's getting nowhere.

Eh..I dont have any reason to browse PSO much anymore..

And yeah, I do believe this topic should be locked. PvP must be serious business if a 20 page topic of it is going on...And a hell of a lot of this just seems like QQing, and the same post being repeated over..and over...and over again.

chaoskila
Jul 4, 2008, 07:48 PM
/ends thread.

"no pvp, there will never be one."
you ask "what if?"
there is no what if's SOA is stupid and cant control anything its SOJ.

Dragwind
Jul 4, 2008, 08:01 PM
Topic locked due to derailment and excessive flaming.