PDA

View Full Version : Is regrants worth lvling?

thunder-ray
Jul 4, 2008, 08:34 PM
I recently got all my techs expect regrant to 31. I actually forgot that I had regrant among my techs lol. So I was just wondering from all of you guys is the tech really worth lvling or not?

autumn
Jul 4, 2008, 08:38 PM
Eh, I like the spell when you can get enemies clustered in corner, but the hp steal makes the ONLY light spell extremely unappealing. Got mine to 31 anyways, at least its pretty.

Delete
Jul 4, 2008, 08:42 PM
no its not worth it, but if you got the time.......then go 4 it

Alastor_Haven
Jul 4, 2008, 08:49 PM
Takes like an hour for it to be 21 lol

RedMussel
Jul 4, 2008, 08:50 PM
If we ever get the MAG extension the part with the four red lasers trapping you in a square is a good place to level it, that's wear i leveled mine.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 4, 2008, 08:53 PM
Eh

Just level it in Holy Grounds

thunder-ray
Jul 4, 2008, 09:45 PM
Well I guess ill lvl it for the hell of it then. I just wish we had more light techs, we have plenty of dark techs but only like one light tech :(

Ken_Silver
Jul 5, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well I guess ill lvl it for the hell of it then. I just wish we had more light techs, we have plenty of dark techs but only like one light tech :(

True. We should get the light fireball attack that every light enemy in this game throws at you. :D

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2008, 12:05 AM
You don't need it, but it's really easy to level, it's an offensive Light spell, it can render large enemies completely helpless, and most importantly, it's ridiculously fun to use. I actually use it a fair amount on my Newman GT.

BlueFire2k5
Jul 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
True. We should get the light fireball attack that every light enemy in this game throws at you. :D

Yeah, that would be very nice. I think it should be possible, since ST has shown their ability to add new items based on old weapon models with this new event that the Japanese are getting. Therefore, theoretically, they could just use the monster animation and give it stats (though maybe it won't work for PAs). Who knows, but a light tech that doesn't involve stealing your own HP would be a cool thing to have. >_>

DreXxiN
Jul 5, 2008, 12:47 AM
You don't need it, but it's really easy to level, it's an offensive Light spell, it can render large enemies completely helpless, and most importantly, it's ridiculously fun to use. I actually use it a fair amount on my Newman GT.

Yeah I noticed that. That was pretty smart, Using regrants as GT. :P

(This is because the damage doesn't matter much with this tech when things are rendered useless)

Iduno
Jul 5, 2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah its worth leveling especialy if you go wartecher so you got a bit more helth to keep it going with.

Chibi_psu
Jul 5, 2008, 03:23 AM
I find it really usefull with big monsters that cant get full knockback.The hp steal isnt really a problem giresta can fix that

mvffin
Jul 5, 2008, 03:53 AM
its fun to use on Sendillians/Orcdillians, because they just fall over instead of being knocked across the room. kills them decently fast if you can get a nice cluster of them.

and yes, it levels insanely fast.

Middle
Jul 5, 2008, 08:04 AM

They should call it grantz ... because that's what i think when i see it ... light-attack-tech which hits one enemy .... Ragrantz could have the animation it has in pso but hitting 3/4 eneies instead ...
that would be pretty cool....

does anyone know a video which shows the regrant animation 21+ => 31+ => 41+ ?
and is it worth when you are a FT because they have low HP?

Cracka_J
Jul 5, 2008, 08:19 AM
the spell itself really isn't worth it unless you just want all capped techs.

it's impractical, knocks enemies away, and only really does decent damage on dark based characters. it's just not a good tech.

the plus sides of it are that it staggers large enemies to a point where they can't move/attack. it is also one of (if not the) fastest leveling techs in the game. In reality, I think I invested about 3-4 hours of playtime to go from 1-40. I don't know of any other tech that levels that fast.

but ya, it generally sucks for soloing and people will want to murder you if you use it in a party. situational usage on larger enemies works, but that's the best your gonna be able to muster out of this joke spell if you want to incorporate it into your team gameplan.

Magus_84
Jul 5, 2008, 08:56 AM
It nerfs the floating caster types (Gaozoran, Komazli). Just push them into a suitable corner, run over and start up Regrant as they start to get up. They'll only escape if you get hit out of the tech or you run out of PP.

This can be used on any other single enemy that can be pushed around, but the Gaozoran types are probably the most dangerous medium-sized enemies.

Made the last room of MAG a cakewalk.

Pob
Jul 5, 2008, 02:54 PM
It's great for knocking over megid spitting enemies, like Delp Slami and Deljaban. Also good against the worms on Neudaiz :)

Touka
Jul 5, 2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah its worth leveling especialy if you go wartecher so you got a bit more helth to keep it going with.

This is true,I have a beast wt and it takes a while for her hp to dwindle down.

Weeaboolits
Jul 5, 2008, 03:03 PM
It can be useful when used properly and is easy to level, so I say go for it.

It's good for keeping things down or pinning them to walls while doing damage, useful for techers since they don't have much else that can do that.

Indica
Jul 5, 2008, 03:25 PM
I tried to LV it at Holy Grounds before we got the PA fix and I didnt like it LV it.

Monsters go flying across the screen, then you have to wait for them to re-group and keep repeating...ugh.

Im currently LV Damfoie and I think that is LV much quicker

Weeaboolits
Jul 5, 2008, 03:31 PM
MAG is an excellent place to level it, hopefully they decide what they're doing soon so we can get it or MAG'.

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2008, 03:32 PM
I tried to LV it at Holy Grounds before we got the PA fix and I didnt like it LV it.

Monsters go flying across the screen, then you have to wait for them to re-group and keep repeating...ugh.

Im currently LV Damfoie and I think that is LV much quicker
Terrible place to level Regrant.

Try Scarred Planet. The first spawn is always a *ton* of Go Bajilla, and they are very easy to bunch up and keep cornered with Regrant. Once the spawn dies, just abandon and repeat. You'll have Regrant 40 in no time.

Ruru
Jul 5, 2008, 03:37 PM

that would be Grants

as for regrants. it was one of the first few techs i level'd to 40. it works great on enemies like gaozoran who spam foie at you or gibarta (if you're close) you can pin them up on a wall and they wont get a chance to attack, not to mention since they're tech resistant you dont take alot of damage from using it, and you get time to resta/giresta yourself in the period it takes for them to bounce on the ground and recover themselves you can start regrants right back up with no worries.

i'll admit regrants is pretty situational but it works well on sendillan/orcdillan types as well.

Indica
Jul 5, 2008, 05:41 PM
Terrible place to level Regrant.

Try Scarred Planet. The first spawn is always a *ton* of Go Bajilla, and they are very easy to bunch up and keep cornered with Regrant. Once the spawn dies, just abandon and repeat. You'll have Regrant 40 in no time.

I'll try that, and Im actually LV Damfoie at Scarred Planet. Im using my Cast as Fortecher LV1 w/ Pumpkin Rods, TP damage is around 175 damage each hit.

Kismet
Jul 5, 2008, 06:10 PM
Nope, not at all. It's a stupid tech, and annoys the rest of us who actually want to hit something. Get rid of it. *Is being sarcastic, of course*

mvffin
Jul 5, 2008, 08:20 PM
I leveled mine at White Beast B.

Gohmon there take around 100 dmg from Regrants if you are a Cast AT(and on B rank they can't hit you at all). Easy to get them all in the corner, since they hardly ever walk around. Lots of corners to stick them in. Much faster than abandoning Scarred Planet 100 times.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 5, 2008, 09:29 PM
Regrants isn't really that useful. In a party though it may be worth using on Worms or Gaos/Bal Sozas.

Leveling it is very easy. I got mines to lv40 easily at Grove of Fanatics S. Those stupid servants love getting trapped by it, and I usually got 3 of them at a time. The bots are easy to get too, but they aren't tech resistant like the servants.

hewitt
Jul 6, 2008, 12:53 AM
Yes, regrant is SUCH a fun TECHNIC to use and it is SO easy to level. Even though people say it is useless because of its very low tech % I've saved so many lives in HIVE by taking gao foie out of the picture. Its also good for those enemies that drop the ryusakinoh since it keeps them pinned down from using megid :)

TecherRamen
Jul 6, 2008, 12:20 PM
I use it like a shield, to keep a perimeter, so i can keep casting rafoie, so I can lag all the hunters

EspioKaos
Jul 6, 2008, 12:32 PM
Regrant is an excellent TECHNIC; very fun to use, I think. I capped mine off in The Dark God S by using it on the hordes of Orcdillans, Delp Slamis and Zasharogans since they don't go flying back after a single hit from it.