PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Missions!

Stryker Diaz
Jul 4, 2008, 09:13 PM
Since it'd take too long to put up each and every damned mission in this game then ill just let you guys take youre post!

Mine is True Darkness hands down!

*hugs the Carrigune*

>>

Only I can possibley manage such a feat! xD

By favorite mission I dont mean the one you run every day over and over again in a monotonous fashion to lvl up your character(*cough* WB *cough*) I mean the one you have the most fun on and etc unless that very is the stage you do all day to lvl up your character.

:P

autumn
Jul 4, 2008, 09:34 PM
I like Sleeping Warriors and True Darkness. Both are short, nonstressful and have good items :D

Loso
Jul 4, 2008, 09:41 PM
Mine are Desert Goalith S2 and The Duel Sentienal S2.. both for leveling and drops.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 4, 2008, 09:43 PM
I dont believe ive ever played The Dual Sentienal... where is it?

Loso
Jul 4, 2008, 09:47 PM
I dont believe ive ever played The Dual Sentienal... where is it?

I may have miss-spelled it. Its on Parum.. through Denes Lake.

http://psupedia.info/The_Dual_Sentinel

Stryker Diaz
Jul 4, 2008, 09:50 PM
oh ya ive done that one nvm ^^;

pikachief
Jul 4, 2008, 09:55 PM
I love the moatoob firebreak mission!

Omega_Weltall
Jul 4, 2008, 10:08 PM
The Black God is mine

chaoskila
Jul 4, 2008, 10:13 PM
The Black God is mine

that manga is good lololol [mission isn't bad either]

ummm thee best mission by far is the parum 1up mission too bad its gone =[

Chuck_Norris
Jul 4, 2008, 10:19 PM
I like Her Secret Mission S. :wacko:

Omega_Weltall
Jul 4, 2008, 10:21 PM
I like Her Secret Mission S. :wacko:

DIE IN A FIRE ! I HATE THAT MISSION>_<

i also like that AMF subway mission, the long one with all the ambush spawns

GregBackwards
Jul 4, 2008, 10:27 PM

No. Nononononononononono! That mission is SO stressful for me. ESPECIALLY the last block of it with the neverending spawns of Rifle and Saber CASTs. Ugh. I remember the first time I did it...I ran dry of all my resources. NOTHING was left after that. T.T

Maybe I've just been scarred, or something. :-?

Aaaaanyway, I digress. My favorite mission is Sakura Blast. Granted I can't finish S up under a half hour, it's still a bunch of fun wailing on Boomas :D

Omega_Weltall
Jul 4, 2008, 10:30 PM
ya eff those rifle cast...

Green_Bandit
Jul 4, 2008, 10:42 PM
I love Lonely Labratory! It reminds me of PSO's Seabeds.

Splash
Jul 4, 2008, 10:48 PM
Funny, I thought everyone would have said White Beast...guess I was wrong.

Anyways...I don't have a favorite mission. Although I like doing the ones that involve Mizuraki CD, Agata Island, and Shikon Island.

SuperChoco
Jul 4, 2008, 10:53 PM
Endrum Remnants
If anyone says PSU is too easy, solo this mission.
I DARE YOU!

Chuck_Norris
Jul 4, 2008, 11:08 PM
DIE IN A FIRE !

You know what won't work. :wacko:

Ken_Silver
Jul 5, 2008, 12:08 AM
DIE IN A FIRE ! I HATE THAT MISSION>_<

YES! Military Subway for the win!

A real GUARDIANS mission. We have to infiltrate, its hard, the snipers will work you over if you are not careful and the mission rewards are good too. Only if it had great drops... that mission would be Godly.

Love that mission.

And Train Rescue is my favorite v1 mission.

Ahkaskar
Jul 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
Egg Thieves. Cooperation FTW!

pikachief
Jul 5, 2008, 12:45 AM
Funny, I thought everyone would have said White Beast...guess I was wrong.

Anyways...I don't have a favorite mission. Although I like doing the ones that involve Mizuraki CD, Agata Island, and Shikon Island.

i don't think that's ever anyone's favorite mission.

DC_Seraph
Jul 5, 2008, 12:49 AM
Ermm... well my favorite would be Grove of Fanactics S2 or Sakura blast, just bc no one runs them that much anymore and there both pretty easy to run through.

Dragwind
Jul 5, 2008, 01:31 AM
Some of my favorite missions are:

Rainbow Beast
True Darkness
Old Rozenom missions: Scarred Planet and Lightning Beasts
The Dual Sentinel
Demons Above
Sakura Blast
Hill of Spores
Bruce's Dungeon
Rogues' Shortcut
Caves of Ice
Stolen Weapon
Lonely laboratory

desturel
Jul 5, 2008, 01:42 AM
Endrum Remnants
I DARE YOU!

I solo endrum pretty often. The only "hard" part is the Grinna Bete spawn at the end, but that's not too bad. FT, stand in the hallway and use Radiga/diga/nosdiga depending on where the bete are standing. FG, us grenade launcher (exact same strategy as Desert Goliath, only you have a heal pod you can stand in while shooting grenedes). It's a bit of an annoying run for a Fighter, but there are options. Bogga Zubba works best for me as it staggers two of them and the other ones miss with their machine guns. Others might like to time jabroga, but I find I block too often to do that. Even Majarra or Cross Hurricane are decent options since they allow you to keep moving.

For me, my favorite mission pre-expansion was Grove of Fanatics, but the robot slowdown killed that one for me (xbox). Since then I haven't had a real home base. Sleeping Warriors on Parum. Caves of Ice on Moatoob. Demons Above on Neudaiz. True Darkness on the colony (although I've been running Dark Satellite recently)

Celi-Ka
Jul 5, 2008, 01:51 AM
Based on level design, my top 3 are:
Lonely Laboratory
Hill of Spores
Scarred Planet/Lightning Beasts (Rozenom missions kick butt visually)

General Favorite Top 3:
Moonlight Beast
Awoken Serpent
Sleeping Warriors

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2008, 01:53 AM
Probably a tie between The Holy Ground and Lightning Beasts. I used to train in Holy Grounds waaaaay back in the day, there's just something about that mission that I find a lot of fun. The badass music helps a lot. As for Lightning Beasts, I just really love the atmosphere of Rozenom.

Macras
Jul 5, 2008, 02:22 AM
... do firebreak missions count? D:

Ahkaskar
Jul 5, 2008, 02:26 AM
i don't think that's ever anyone's favorite mission.
I don't mind it too much. But then again I don't run it every day.

Tek[+]Lok
Jul 5, 2008, 02:28 AM
white beast?

CoV-Shana
Jul 5, 2008, 02:38 AM
Endrum Remnants
I DARE YOU!

Haha yea it can be a little rough. I used to solo that all the time when I was soloing my techer.

My favorite mission is The Dual Sentinel. Hands down.

RebhtheDark
Jul 5, 2008, 02:47 AM
My favorite missin so far is Sleeping Warriors S2 because thanx to that mission alot of my techs are lv 21+ and Im still huntin that PWand... , but I've started running Her Secret Mission S with some friends and I like it too now. Very nostalgic as well.

Darklighter
Jul 5, 2008, 02:49 AM
Sakura blast is my favorite mission. I rarely do it any more but whenever I do I enjoy it.

mvffin
Jul 5, 2008, 04:17 AM
Burning Gardens
Egg Thieves
Lonely Laboratory

Ezodagrom
Jul 5, 2008, 04:29 AM
Based on level design and background music I would say:
1 - RELICS areas (Holy Ground, Sleeping Warriors, The Dual Sentinel and Crimson Beast)
2 - Mizuraki/Saguraki areas (Mizuraki CD, Moonlight Beast, Demons Above, and Sakura Blast)
3 - Kugu Desert (System Defense, Desert Terror...I wish we had the ice one from v1 offline ;_;...Absolute Zero)

Adriano
Jul 5, 2008, 04:33 AM
Egg thieves, all versions of the demons above type map (moonlight/sakura etc), and duel in the ruins.
OH and ANYTHING Rozenom.

Tetsaru
Jul 5, 2008, 05:20 AM
Some of my faves:

Crimson Beast. I love the Relics maps, and the huge outside room at the end with the big enemies was fun to fight in. Also, the 3-switch doors allowed for some multiplayer cooperation without it being too stressful (like HSM, for example).

Hill of Spores/Dancing Birds were fun missions due to their "atmosphere," so to say. They were also good places to find techer stuff (lol Har/Quick), and it also has an item that seemingly NO ONE has found yet (Amore Tip). Most of the other Neudaiz missions and Rozenom were also fun due to the feel of the levels.

Awoken Serpent was fun when it first came out, due to the De Rol Le fight. I just wish they hadn't reskinned Dulk Fakis, of all bosses, after it... -_-X

The MAG mission was fun, although repetitive during the event. I wish they had developed the Ruins block a bit more, though... it just seemed like a couple of rooms to me. =/

1-up Cup's Floader race was a nice addition. I hope we get more vehicle-oriented areas.

The Firebreak missions were awesome. 'Nuff said. :3

And, flame me if you want... but I actually LIKE White Beast. There are a lot of decent drops, it has big swarms of decently challenging monsters compared to a lot of other missions, and it promotes teamwork with all the sleep and freeze status effects flying around. It just needs an S2 (or higher) difficulty to keep up with our current level cap, imo.

LaMBoLOgy
Jul 5, 2008, 05:32 AM
Anything on moatoob. Nothing on parum.

Rust
Jul 5, 2008, 07:14 AM
Endrum Remnants
I DARE YOU!

I never found it to be such a big deal to solo, compared to the last room in Lab Recovery when you get the buffed Jarbas with a melee character ; you're pretty much always fucked by a sneaky Megid or get Dambarta'd by the four buffed one at the same time, and if you managed to survive, one of them always finish you with a Megid (usually with the damages rather than the KO effect) or another Dambarta. Well, Endrum Remnants is actually hard to solo in one case : when you get the Grina Bete S spawns in the end. I agree this is plainly horrible in those cases.

As for my favourite missions :

The Egg Thieves : I kind of like the "Paska hunting" feel the whole missions gives and the tasks to do aren't only limited to that part. Plus as the egg and hat location are random, you don't get to do EXACTLY the same fucking thing every run like you do in Bruce's Dungeon, for example. Oh, and the fact this cooperative mission also takes place in my favourite location in the game.

Scarred Planet / Lightning Beasts : The map, the mobs, the music... I think I probably could run it all day if it was an hotspot (doesn't mean I will run it all day anyways, I still can't stand spamming things).

Hill of Spores / Dancing Birds : I love the map and the level design here. Not really the mobs, but who cares, the map is so damn cool anyways.

Awoken Serpent : Ground hellfest + De Rol Le is probably the funniest thing I ever solo'd for that amount of looooong time.

System Defense / Desert Terror / Stolen Weapon : I like the desert area, though the map settings adjustments aren't really of my likings (save for the Mot and Meta materials dropping from trees and rocks you break). Two of them have the most dreadful bosses in the end (Maggas Maggahna is by far the worst bitch in the game) and the Kugu Desert BGM gives a bit of a break from the spammed Galenigare BGM one we have on ALL the other Moatoob missions (save Il Cabo now). Just too bad Stolen Weapon got that stupid 5+ players requirement to get a S-rank...

Valley of Carnage : DIGA DODGEBALL f*ck yeah !

Cost of Research : Dunno why, I just really like that mission. Probably having the temple area with no stupid bots all around the place...

Kizeragi
Jul 5, 2008, 07:26 AM
Desert Goliath.
The only mission I really enjoy just now.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 5, 2008, 08:45 AM
Well im pretty happy with the responses xD guess the community doesnt like WB as much as they do when they need to lvl up :/

I say that every now and then ST needs to boost a certain missions Exp to a certain extent to make it comparable to WB exp and Mp and then im pretty sure the Mobs of people will move around quite considerabley ^^;\

but ya so many different levels :D im happy now xD

Kizeragi
Jul 5, 2008, 08:51 AM
Well im pretty happy with the responses xD guess the community doesnt like WB as much as they do when they need to lvl up :/

I say that every now and then ST needs to boost a certain missions Exp to a certain extent to make it comparable to WB exp and Mp and then im pretty sure the Mobs of people will move around quite considerabley ^^;

but ya so many different levels :D im happy now xD

I completely hate White Beast, but I can't argue it's the fastest way to level a new alt.

relentless
Jul 5, 2008, 09:07 AM
Plains Overlord as for Parum
Demons Above and Grove of Fanatics as for Neudaiz
... Moatoob? Forest of Illusion. Lol

edit: Oh yeah! Add Dancing Birds. :)

DreXxiN
Jul 5, 2008, 10:40 AM
Absolute Zero in Vanilla story mode
White Beast (Hey, I run it once every few weeks, sometimes)
Hill of Spores
Eastern Peril
Holy Ground
COST OF RESEARCH (C'mon guys!)
LONELY LABORATORY (Excellent design)
Lab Recovery
ANYTHING ROZENOM (Again, love the atmosphere)
All Neudaiz outdoor missions on the non Mizuraki route (Agata route--music ftw)
Her Secret Mission
Bruces Dungeon
SEED Awakwned
Seal of the Dark God
Maximum Attack G
Firebreak Moatoob
1up Cup Parum and the Neudaiz boat race
All Illusions I'm sure will be awesome; only have played Forest
Crimson Beast, but only for the fact that the vahra speed is unnerfed in this one for some reason making them rediculously fast

If any other come to mind I'll post them.

DAMASCUS
Jul 5, 2008, 11:58 AM
- Dark Satellite : I really get into this one for some reason. The last block has a different appearance and the last room with the Carriguine is pure chaos; almost like endless nightmare.

- Crimson Beast: I just love how the level shifts to being outside with a spread of enemies around a giant field. Now about that boss..

- Hill of Spores: How could you not like the music and level design? (..no worms)

- Sakura Blast: Slaughtering Boomas on flower petals? Whats not to like?(..no worms)

- Lonely Laboratory: My favorite Moatoob mission with the coolest rare enemy yet.

Kylie
Jul 5, 2008, 12:10 PM
I think The Egg Thieves is my absolute favorite, but I don't care what I do, mostly.

Ariakas
Jul 5, 2008, 12:22 PM
1UP FTW!

AlliThePally
Jul 5, 2008, 12:28 PM
I love True Darkness when Im with one of my friends!

However solo I like to do Sleeping Warriors also Desert Terror

XIIBlades
Jul 6, 2008, 02:03 AM
Lonely Lab and Lightning Beasts for me.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 6, 2008, 02:08 AM
Hill of Spores
Rozenom branch
Anything to do with Moatoob's Galengaire lake area.

Ruru
Jul 6, 2008, 02:25 AM
my favorite mission would have to be neudaiz relics can't remember the name and i dont play it much but it's such a peaceful setting.