PDA

View Full Version : Why is Syn. Success Rate So Low?

Loso
Jul 4, 2008, 09:35 PM
I have a 100 armor PM bot. 3* luck..
[B] Storm Line = 76% Success Rate..

I dont understand why its so low.. When I put Serafi-Senba's in its around 89%.

I have bad luck at making weapons/armor.

Today..
100 Range PM Bot.. 3* Luck
[B] Rattlesnake = 86%
I get a Doll..

Two Days ago..
100 Armor PM Bot..
[B] Storm Line x2
I get 2 more Dolls

3 Days Ago..
100 Striking PM Bot..
[B] Kan Yu..
Actually make it.. but at 10 %.. wow.

I have awesome luck finding good boards.. but making them is entirely different.

Only board I cant get is P. Wand.
Sleeping Warriors S2 runs: 87
The Duel Sentienal S2 Runs: 60
P. Wands: 0

Haha.. just had to rant.. sorry. =\

Any tips on Synthesize?

pikachief
Jul 4, 2008, 09:37 PM
yes,persistence.

try try try again.

my friend failed 107 armors before he finally made ONE.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 4, 2008, 09:37 PM
I dont thin Luck has anything to do with the Synth rate since everytime I make a Blackbull(hunts them all the time) their a 81% for my range PM.

Idk why the synth rate is so low, maybe PSU is just trying to keep us occupied as well fail over and over again.

Proff
Jul 4, 2008, 09:41 PM
Sega got this crazy idea that fun means:
1 - Having to find a Board rather than the actual weapon/armor.
2 - Having to find synth materials for the board. Not only that, but let's make some a pain in the ass to get too, like polymers.
3 - Having only a chance that the item you've pour blood, sweat, and tears into actually works.
4a - If the item works, let's also throw in the chance that it can be a crap low percentage.
4b - If it doesn't work... Well who doesn't love Okiku Dolls? Ami Rite ami rite?!

Loso
Jul 4, 2008, 09:44 PM
2 - Having to find synth materials for the board. Not only that, but let's make some a pain in the ass to get too, like polymers.
3 - Having only a chance that the item you've pour blood, sweat, and tears into actually works.
4a - If the item works, let's also throw in the chance that it can be a crap low percentage.
4b - If it doesn't work... Well who doesn't love Okiku Dolls? Ami Rite ami rite?!

Haha.. so True.

Arika
Jul 4, 2008, 09:52 PM

well, now it is good that item still actually drop as a [b].
JP server now get all the new things as a made product, we really missed the old [b] system. The elemental % from [b] is much easier to get high than getting them from made product.

GaNksTa
Jul 4, 2008, 10:43 PM
When inputing odds, SEGA accidentally switched the numbers around.. so it's actually an 81% chance to fail.. well.. thats my theory anyways..

darthplagis
Jul 4, 2008, 11:55 PM
yeah i actually wiped a character last month, in three days she failed a meteor cannon, shigga desta, shigga baret, and a hoshi kikami the bot was 100 range fed on weapons and traps but mainly 7-9* rifles and LOOOOAAADDDSS of twin handguns that failed the grinds.

Ken_Silver
Jul 5, 2008, 12:12 AM

Aww... I remember that now... don't remind me. :disapprove:

Dragon_Knight
Jul 5, 2008, 08:12 AM

Also don't forget Sega doesn't know how to make a game "hard" without using cheaping stuff like regular monsters that spam instantdeath attacks or (in their other games) leaving monsters or traps just out of sight around the corner so you HAVE to run into them if you don't know they are there. So naturaly when they said "How can we balance the weapon making system?" The next thought brought up was: "Ahh who cares lets just make it as impossible as possible."

Of course I also remember a year ago that getting a 10* or up item also ment you had to be damned lucky to get the item as most of them MAXED out at 30% syth rate with a 100 lv PM matching the weapon/armor. While the current system is a VAST improvment over the last I still can't understand the logic. I myself have been hunting the Psycho Wand since PSO ver1 without any luck whatsoever (yes seven YEARS hunting it, much of that time deticated to hunting it) back then it was just a 1/32000+ chance of finding one off of a specific monster or rare monster. Now not only does the BOARD to make it have the same drop rate (though anything in the relics area can drop it) but I have to find the materials for it as well which also have an obserdly low drop rate. The only "hard" thing about that is that my luck always has and always will suck d0nk3y b4llz and heaven help me if we had the previous syth rates on it.

To sumerize for those who skip the wall of text: Sega's version of difficulty=however many backstabs they can throw in

Kizeragi
Jul 5, 2008, 08:55 AM
Luck doesn't affect synth rates at all.
Just keep trying.
Sorry to hear your Rattlesnake failed. <_<

Kinako78
Jul 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
To sumerize for those who skip the wall of text: Sega's version of difficulty=however many backstabs they can throw in

I highly doubt Sega's the only video game company that uses that style of difficulty...

DraginHikari
Jul 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
Ehh low? What's so low about it... V1 had much lower synth rates. Believe it or not alot of games use synthesis for items besides ST.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2008, 04:33 PM
I can synth stuff with 61%.

Well, I synthed a Masamune(or something very close to that). 57%. Came out with 20 somehing % Dark. Took an hour and a half, but totally worth it.

Ruru
Jul 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
Serafi-senba on a 100% armor PM only has 76% success rate. i know i've made 7 lol.
3 luck means nothing with synthesis.

sorry to hear about the fails, persistance and time. i've failed over 30 S ranks in my time playing PSU, sucked but i've made quite a few good ones as well.

somehow i've only failed 1 out of 7 serafi-senba's at 76% yet i've failed 2 out of 3 tesbra's at 86%... so who knows.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 5, 2008, 05:17 PM
Well its far from...capcom has been noted in many of their recent games to do this. But that seriously seems to be the trend with any gaming company now...they lost the concept of balance (or said it was too much work) so they throw whatever cheeze they can at you. Its kind of sad really to see gaming having fallen so far that they have to copy the style of this game here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRviZKJIjSw

DraginHikari
Jul 5, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well its far from...capcom has been noted in many of their recent games to do this. But that seriously seems to be the trend with any gaming company now...they lost the concept of balance (or said it was too much work) so they throw whatever cheeze they can at you. Its kind of sad really to see gaming having fallen so far that they have to copy the style of this game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRviZKJIjSw

Now that was just evil XD

DarkEliteRico
Jul 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
yes,persistence.

try try try again.

my friend failed 107 armors before he finally made ONE.
That sucks, i'll mass synth armors and usually pull out 3/4 of them....only about 1/5 are worth a shit though....the others still recoop some of the cost

Ogni-XR21
Jul 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
I guess ST thought that the shop system they introduced needs the failure of synths in order to keep demand for materials up. And when you think about it, who would buyl stuff if you could find made weapons and armors. I only sell materials because I hate synthing with a passion and the money I make from selling the stuff I don't use makes me a good amount of money, but since I play FT/AT almost exclusively I don't need a lot of weapons anyway.

But I guess it would have been nice if they kept the board once a synth fails, since demand for mats would still exist if a synth fails.

Ruru
Jul 6, 2008, 11:57 AM
wouldn't need the mats in the first place if we didn't have to synth. selling/buying weapons and armor as well as other things would still keep the economy going if we didn't have to sell/buy mats to make them.

Proff
Jul 6, 2008, 06:54 PM
wouldn't need the mats in the first place if we didn't have to synth. selling/buying weapons and armor as well as other things would still keep the economy going if we didn't have to sell/buy mats to make them.
Which is quite odd anyway. Morbinia usually sells anywhere from 400k - 1mil (PC/PS2). It takes 15 to make a Bil De Axe. The Axes are selling for as low as 2-3mil for decent percentages. I bought a 28% Lightning 3/10 for 2.8mil. I'd have paid nearly 10 times as much just for the Morbinia if I wanted to synth it...

C457 24N632
Jul 6, 2008, 07:38 PM
Interjection!

You know, the problem with syth rate % isn't really with the actual percentages themselves, the problem is that the percentages are numerically misrepresented. By this I mean that an 80% rate is more like 60%, but for some reason it displays as 80%. Personally I believe the percentages on C-A rank stuff, but for S rank it's all BS.

I'd rather have my PM say straight up, your [B]Castest Line has a 35% chance of success, rather than 76 or whatever lie it always tells me. At least then I could accept the failures and be thrilled when it made it, rather than be bitter when I lose and only relieved when I win.

Apparently at some point in the past SEGA had adjusted the S syth rates to be more favorable. To tell you the truth, I don't think they ever did. I think they adjusted the diplayed success rates, but the actual rates themselves are still the same. Low.

And speaking of armor synthing, I suppose it doesn't help that there isn't an actual "native" armor PM to speak of, they're all native to either Striking, Ranged, or Technic. Seems that armor production is purposefully more difficult.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 6, 2008, 09:20 PM
#1 to OP. Most boards cap out at a certain percentage regardless of how much striking/tech/range/armor your PM has. It's Sega's idea of not letting everyone who is lucky enough to find a board have the item. I think it's lame too, but it's not THAT bad. you'll have your time of making good stuff just wait for it.

Of course I also remember a year ago that getting a 10* or up item also ment you had to be damned lucky to get the item as most of them MAXED out at 30% syth rate with a 100 lv PM matching the weapon/armor. While the current system is a VAST improvment over the last I still can't understand the logic. I myself have been hunting the Psycho Wand since PSO ver1 without any luck whatsoever (yes seven YEARS hunting it, much of that time deticated to hunting it) back then it was just a 1/32000+ chance of finding one off of a specific monster or rare monster.

Did this. It sucked. Never got one.

Now not only does the BOARD to make it have the same drop rate (though anything in the relics area can drop it)
The drop rate is much lower than that. I know some people have run there a lot but I've seen over 10 drop in less than 1000 runs. Maybe I'm just lucky. *shrugs*

but I have to find the materials for it as well which also have an obserdly low drop rate.
The relic edges are the only sucky thing for it. If you run White Beast forever 30 Diad is only like 2-3 days of running tops.

The only "hard" thing about that is that my luck always has and always will suck d0nk3y b4llz and heaven help me if we had the previous syth rates on it.
I agree with that. It seems as of late my PM wants to "get back at me" for making all the stuff she's made so far. I've failed everything I've tried making as of late and I know how ya feel, just keep at it. You'll get yours soon enough ^_^