PDA

View Full Version : what will happen to the ps2/pc community?

hans4
Jul 5, 2008, 01:25 AM
well on the ps2/pc servers the highest ive seen a world go is 2 full stars in quite awhile so what do u think will happen?

Proff
Jul 5, 2008, 01:29 AM
We'll go up to 2 and 1/2 Stars during the next event.

Dragwind
Jul 5, 2008, 01:36 AM
It could fluctuate varying on more reasons than just people complaining from lack of updates. Sometimes there are random surges of new players despite the conditions.

I voted as it staying the same, as that's what I predict for it to be at least for a while, not so much permanent.

Also keep in mind that a good portion of players do not play on Universe 2. Rather, they scatter with friends onto other universes. If you've ever noticed that when a GM makes an announcement to meet at a certain universe, suddenly there are many more stars in a single universe.

Para
Jul 5, 2008, 01:45 AM
Pretty sure its going to be the same as the faithful have proven to be that 2 stars lol.

Larian
Jul 5, 2008, 02:07 AM
Stay as it is...

Brainwrecked
Jul 5, 2008, 04:05 AM
Going to vote in this pole even though I'm on the 360. Here's my two cents.

With that kind of population, it seems that PC/PS2 side is down to its core fan base -- the players that won't be shaken up by Segac's foibles, probably know the most about the game, and are probably the most helpful. The population that's left is in it for the game. It'll take a major catastrophic FUBAR mistake for you guys to leave.

The population is probably floated a bit by the core players convincing their friends to play this game with them, actively or passively. The newcomers probably heard enough warnings about what was going on with SoA, but they know they have their "core player" friend to go to for some cooperation so they'll stick around longer than they would have on their own.

Take it for what it's worth. With normal Universe occupance topping out at barely over 2 full universes on the 360 when we used to dip into 4 or 5, SoA is still working on weeding out the last of the "hooting dickholes (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/84-Console-Rundown)" so we can enjoy this type of community. (Read: Weeding out on the 360 what they've already done to NA/EU PC/PS2 -- any possibility of this game being for anyone other than hard-core Phantasy Star fans.)

autumn
Jul 5, 2008, 07:30 AM
I think if things progress as they have been a number of people are going to do one of the two things they keep threatening:
1. Quit
2. Switch Servers (either to 360 or JP)

If the server switch ends up most popular the brave people will dive first. Once the unexplored has been charted the others thinking about it will be more likely to follow reducing the already tiny populace. Those who leave of course also lessen the numbers.

I think the current trends will result in the player count decreasing until SoA determines they are losing too much money keeping them open and choose to shut down the servers here altogether. Of course something may change in the meanwhile, and certainly I hope it does.

Kizeragi
Jul 5, 2008, 07:32 AM
I'm staying even if I'm one of the last.

Kinako78
Jul 5, 2008, 10:16 AM
I think it will go up when a new expansion comes out.

It'll probably go up when we get another event, too, but until a new expansion comes out, it'll probably stay the same, for the most part.

Ezodagrom
Jul 5, 2008, 10:24 AM
In my opinion it'll probably go up a bit with Neudaiz GBR, but probably not much though...(I know I'll be back for the GBR though :>)

Kizeragi
Jul 5, 2008, 10:29 AM
In my opinion it'll probably go up a bit with Neudaiz GBR, but probably not much though...(I know I'll be back for the GBR though :>)

Not to be annoying but... that's IF we get it. <_<
I hope so though, I've been looking forward to Neudaiz GBR.

Kinako78
Jul 5, 2008, 10:35 AM
What do you mean, "if"?! Of course we'll get it! :p

I mean, think about it. It wouldn't make any sense to give us the Moatoob GBR and not the others.

Rayshin
Jul 5, 2008, 10:48 AM
Well I wouldnt be surprised if the population went up again if another expansion comes out, and I stress that "if" . I for one know that if another expansion does come out, Im heading to the 360 servers mainly because just like when AOI came out, the population went up for a while then dropped way down. They really should consider moving things on to PS3. Im on the PS2 and from what I have seen and heard things are alot better on the 360 and PC

chaoskila
Jul 5, 2008, 11:16 AM
JOIN ME ON GOING TO THE JP SERVERS AND LOOK LIKE IDIOTS BECAUSE WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THE EVENT! wooooo sounds fun doesnt it =]

Kylie
Jul 5, 2008, 11:41 AM
I thought it would get better with the first expansion, and it didn't. Then I thought MAG would help it, but it didn't either. So I think it will only get worse as time continues, especially since it's stuck in "old-gen" and a buttload of big next-gen games will come out and take more people.

Xefi
Jul 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
i'll be on the PC side until the day PSU is no more.

Zarode
Jul 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
Between Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and Phantasy Star Portable coming out soon, I got my hands on something that is actually fun. So I'm not returning any time soon. I guess I should've gave my stuff to people I knew. Oh wait, they quit, too.

Whatever happens to the population, it's only going to be drowned with crappy service and slow updates.

Ken_Silver
Jul 5, 2008, 01:05 PM
i'll stay on the PC until the day PSU is no more.

This is me as of now. If I could read Japanese though, I'd at least have the JP servers as a safety net... but I can't and thus I don't. I really like being able to read and understand the story missions and content that we have, so having to jump over to the JPN servers is my LAST resort.

But it's not too far off considering the happenings of the US/EU servers. I mean, we had a hard time keeping 2 stars yesterday. The White Beast Lobby was empty at times. I mean I have no choice but to go there to play in a party. If I want a party, I have to play WB there, go to the Mission Spotlight area or randomly hunt for PSOwers in the remaining Universes (I know you guys like to play solo, but that can't be too fun, right? At least stay in Universe 15, so I can find you guys and attempt to hack your passwords. :D)

Nevertheless, as for the state of the PC/PS2 servers, I think that it's not going down any further. Not after MAG 2 gets cancelled (no optimisism) only the diehards will be left. Then at that moment, Sega will have two choices: re-invent, re-advertise and re-work the US/EU servers so that they are back up to par to pre-winter event or even better OR as a whole, let the PC/PS2 servers die as a whole and in this situation, I hope that they set aside an English speaking server to avoid arkwardness.

Kinako78
Jul 5, 2008, 01:36 PM
Another possibility (and yes, I'm only calling it a possibility, so don't accuse me of being too optimistic) is that, after the servers are moved, things may pick up as far as updates go and we start catching up to JP slightly.

At this point, I sure don't think things can get any worse.

Lamak
Jul 5, 2008, 01:53 PM
It going to fluctuate up and down when big updates are released, but at the same time, people are slowly going to quit because of the crappy service.

Libram
Jul 5, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hard to say, but I'm guessing it'll probably take a slight dip. I know I can't play because the internet in my area is no longer reliable, and because I'll be moving in a couple weeks, anyway. I usually purchase the 6 month sub, so I feel it's better to wait until I'm settled in and have my connection tested at the new place instead of paying for the full thing and only getting to play for at most a month of spotty activity.

Ruru
Jul 5, 2008, 03:23 PM
well with how things seem to be going lately. i haven't seen more than 1 and 1/2 to 2 stars on uni 2 in quite some time. i know that alot of people including myself like to head to off uni's but even before that i used to see at least a solid 3 to 4 stars on uni 2 during prime times like weekends etc.

seems like more and more people are beginning to leave or just back away for a bit till things get better. i can understand this but i'm wondering if the lower population may cause SoA to think we're done and eventually shut down the servers.

as for myself i'm not sure what i think, it could stay as it is or if sega finally gets things working correctly again we may see an influx of returning/new players. if not then it might get lower until the population is so low, sega eventually cuts the server off entirely. who knows.

Seority
Jul 5, 2008, 03:34 PM
I want it to live, but who really knows?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2008, 03:37 PM
If it were free I'd be playing right now.

Golto
Jul 5, 2008, 04:41 PM
Unless it is free again we'll never see another full universe for NA pc/ps2 aoi. The damage has been done and too many people have moved on. The way things are going now 4 full stars would be a miracle.

strikershadow
Jul 5, 2008, 04:44 PM
they should just set it up to theres only 4 or so servers... but i dont think it will get much lower, i think the ps2 people will eventually leave for A 360 or B PC (so they dont have to start over and lose everything and play on xbox noob60)

i think that most of the playerbase (bout 80%) is here for good.

hans4
Jul 5, 2008, 04:45 PM
when was PSU ever free to play...?

Golto
Jul 5, 2008, 05:09 PM
It was free for NA ps2/pc for a few weeks thanks to their 065 workaround.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
Seriously though, if this game were free I'd play it a lot.

I'm not one of the people that thinks paying over and over for a game you already bought is a good idea. (GASP) Though, it's good that PSU does have offline play. And it is good that when you do pay, you get everything. Not that BS where you play for free, but you don't get a lot of things, basically nothing. T_T

I would honestly say about a few months ago, that I hated PSU. Now, I don't mind playing it, it has the addicting factor that I want in a game that makes me want to go back and play.

Ri0T
Jul 5, 2008, 06:01 PM
I see no real reason to move to the 360 servers and leave the PC servers. The small community is great, and most people are enjoyable to hang around with.

I would love to switch to the Japanese servers, it would probably help brush up on Japanese (for those who would actually try to talk to me), but i've simply invested way too much time and energy on PC... being somewhat uber and then all of a sudden becoming a bare-minimum newb would probably be too much of a shock for me to handle.

Xenoguner
Jul 5, 2008, 06:05 PM
I can never really quit this game based on population, honestly. for me, as long as i have at least one good friend one, im still here. Like some ppl tho, i play in a differnt uni, so the population doesnt affect me (yet).

Tho just seeing a 1 - 2 star universe makes me sad ;_;

Alastor_Haven
Jul 5, 2008, 06:05 PM
I like the small community

A messed economy, meh

Less idiot's

I never play in uni 2 unless I switch to my alt

Even then I just play with the people I know lol

LaMBoLOgy
Jul 5, 2008, 09:38 PM
I was here for the beginning. I'll be here in the end. Friends are a driving force for me, I won't abandon a friend, regardless of sega's blunders. But whatever happens, I'm sticking around to see it.

gryphonvii
Jul 5, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hey, when you people take extended breaks, how many of you actually cancel your subscription? I know when some of my friends take month long+ breaks they keep their subscription active, so even if there are not alot of people playing, there are still quite a few paying, so sega is still getting money. I think.

Para
Jul 6, 2008, 02:26 AM
Meh economy isn't that bad now.... compared to before.

I wish there were more people though... sometimes...

MSAksion
Jul 6, 2008, 03:20 AM
TOo many people have gotten fed up with the game for a FEW reasons.

1) Sega $@(# ups. 065. Undelievered promises. Canceled extensions.

2) Sega's own "REBALANCING" ruining the challenge of PSU.

Explanation of #2.
A) EVENT EXP is so good everyone caps their character. Some even make a new character. Or some just quit when they max.

B) PA REBALANCE - everyone is only really playing to max out their SKILL/bullet/TECH. with the rebalance now they get MEGID to lvl 31+ and Quit.

C) ENEMY NERFING - reducing Stamina and HP or removing difficult attack patterns has ruined the challenge currently. DEATH FROM ONE HIT FOIE OR MEGID IS NOT CHALLENGING. Death by foolishly rushing into a squad of Vanda used to be the reason i die.

D) Rare weapons not Rare. Everyone seems to have found Psycho Wand. Or Kan Yu. Or Whatever most people wanted. Bosses also drop multiple 11* weapons. 10* weapons drop like candy. Everyone has found what they really want and are now just collecting the last few things they want. But not worth $9.99 a month to find say a Kazarod if they found a psycho wand already.

E) All of the above. Put all of this together and you have;

Sega B.S.
Easy Enemies
Maxed Characters
Maxed Photon Arts
Nothing left to hunt that a player wants.

*expanding on hunting rares. Not everyone in the game cares about finding a Psycho Wand board. Nor does everyone in the game need to have a blackbull rifle. Some people find their crea doubles or their ank zazga and are done with their hunting. Why hunt a Rifle if you dont have a ForteGunner right?

Put all of these together and you have no point to play. =/
I'm trying real hard to stay but other "FREE" MMORPG and my console games are calling me. See you around Gurhal =/

Ezodagrom
Jul 6, 2008, 05:44 AM
Reason I'm making a break from PSU is mainly point 1.

About the point 2., there are some I agree, but others were actually a good thing...
2.A), event exp, I think an event should have higher exp than normal missions, but a smaller boost than what we had on winter event and MAG...

2.B) PA rebalance...that was actually a needed rebalance. A PA should be lvled while doing missions and such, how it was before we had to do runs just with the purpose of PA lvling, mainly for techs and bullets...
With the increase in exp since aoi, it was needed a rebalance in PAs...If they would make the PAs lvl like before again, they should also nerf the exp boost we got since aoi (wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion :>)

2.C) Enemies Nerfing...completely agree in that one.
Another thing about enemies would be increasing their lvls so they at the very least match our own lvl cap >.>...
Why we have missions with lvl 80 - 120 enemies (all v1 missions) when we cap at lvl 130, or in jp case the cap is lvl 150...This is one of the reasons why things are so easy, in my opinion, with a lvl 130 cap we should have at the very least all missions with lvl 140 enemies on their highest difficulty >.>

2.D) Some S rank weapons are too common now (crimson, 2-headed ragnus), but some others are fine (it was just too rare before aoi). Well, if we think about 10* weapons as the common rares in PSO (Varista, DB Saber), then the rarity of 10* weapons is kinda fine...
Just hope 12* and higher weapons/line shields will be rarer than our current 10* and 11* :<

Syl
Jul 6, 2008, 06:19 AM
It's pretty much down to tight knit groups, as finding randoms for anything besides WB is pretty hard. It'll keep slowly dying until our next event, that's for sure ;l

Broodstar1337
Jul 6, 2008, 09:43 AM
Other: A private server will come out and no one will play on Sega's servers anymore.

Kinako78
Jul 6, 2008, 10:05 AM
Yeah, then we'll never get any updates. :p

Nirvash7
Jul 6, 2008, 10:24 AM
You wanna know why PSU ain't popular on the PC? Because anyone with a brain is either playing WoW or EVE. True story.

Rambo!
Jul 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
Here is what I think will happen. The Pc/Ps2 population will slowly continue to decrease until as was said before it will not pay SoA to keep the game up. There will be 3 possible outcomes of this (well 4 but we can cover that in a second)

1. Server are just shut down.
IMO this is probably what will happen because it is the easiest solution.
2. 360 and Pc/Ps2 servers merged. Maybe but good luck getting them to connect over xbox live sega is going to have to work to get Microsoft to let this one go through.
3. Pc/Ps2 Merged with SOJ Pc/Ps2 servers. This would take some effort on sonic teams part as well as both Sega of America and Japan but the game could be patched to connect that way(personally this is what I wish would happen). Also we would need updates issues but these updates are already on the disc so this is a viable option is someone in Sega can get the motivation to figure out this it would work.
4. The fourth option is that nothing will actually change and the servers will just get there cost cut this is also very likely to happen.

My vote is that the servers will continue to loose population. I have seen some hard core people quit and some very hardcore people move to Sega of Japan Psu. The most hardcore will migrate to SoJ in my opinion anyway so the servers will eventually diminish and fall off.

Treize K
Jul 6, 2008, 11:12 AM
stay as is

Abashi76
Jul 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
I think it will go up when a new expansion comes out.

It'll probably go up when we get another event, too, but until a new expansion comes out, it'll probably stay the same, for the most part.

I'm hoping that happens.

Is there any chance that Microsoft would allow merging the servers, just for this game? If not, merge us with Japan? If not all that, an easy solution would be to cut the costs for the US PC/PS2 servers.

Chibi_psu
Jul 6, 2008, 02:14 PM
i have 198 cards and only about 15 people are on.I only will say that =/.Im having problems to find people to play outside of wb and raffon

Ri0T
Jul 6, 2008, 04:29 PM
You wanna know why PSU ain't popular on the PC? Because anyone with a brain is either playing WoW or EVE. True story.I am an ex-WoW and ex-EVE player. I came back to PSU.

WoW, EVE, and PSU are drastically different from each other. If I leave PSU, there's nothing really like it that I can play instead.

cel
Jul 6, 2008, 05:06 PM
I am an ex-WoW and ex-EVE player. I came back to PSU.

WoW, EVE, and PSU are drastically different from each other. If I leave PSU, there's nothing really like it that I can play instead.

hey same here! didn't think there were many of us around who played all three of those.

though let's be honest here. Both WoW and EVE are superior games in terms of amount of content, community (EVE only, really... WoW is marginally better in that respect than PSU though it's actually worse if you are on a RP server), and the overall endgame. It's why our community on PC/PS2 is so small. There's no endgame in PSU. Though some of us, like myself, do like that tangent. And then there is the lack of PvP in PSU, of which EVE, again, trounces the former two. PvP in PSU is a bad, bad idea because there are way too many kids who play this game. I would love to see it happen on NA servers someday, but at the same time, I think I'll rue that day as well.

PSU's advantage, aside from the 5 bucks you save a month over those other two, is its 'stupid-fun playstyle', as I like to call it. Unlike EVE's merciless requirement for the player to have more than 100 IQ to actually play, and WoW's tactless ability to breed elitists who think they are all that because they have spent several hundred hours in the same dungeons, PSU has that simple "hey lets go smash that thing together and not put much thought into it" flair. That's also exactly why its a popular console game (dare I say this is exactly why 360 has a much larger community), and why PSO was so wildly popular beforehand. The gameplay and the controls are simple and fun. This is probably my favorite feature in PSU.

The other cool thing is that I don't need to have a tank or a priest or other forms of support every time I want to do a mission. I can just go in myself. If I want help, I'll get it, but one of my biggest gripes with WoW is how they force that concept down your throat.

I played WoW first, then EVE, and now PSU. When I had all three subscriptions active simultaneously, I was playing PSU most of the time. Partially because it was (and still is by comparison to me) 'the new thing'. I don't know if that qualifies me as liking PSU more than any of the other games simply because I feel PSU is the most inferior of the three. To me, it still just is "the new thing". I'm already getting pretty sick of the lack of content and the dependency on events for this to feel like it's not the EXACT same mission over and over (though even the events themselves typically have you do bits and pieces of the same exact missions).

anyway. thread hijack over. I just wanted to say a few words on this because this is a conversation I have all the time with some of my PSU buddies.

As for what I think will happen, I'll just echo the words of a few other ppl who have already said this here. It will continue to diminish. Why? Partially because Sonic Team has to work hard to develop new content for a new game, and one that doesn't specifically cater to a japanese fanbois crowd. Something much more creative and internationally appealing would do it. This alone would go very very far in creating and maintaining a wider playerbase because contrary to what many of you think, not everyone is madly in love with everything from that part of the world.

Golto
Jul 6, 2008, 05:13 PM
I have two questions maybe someone could answer.

1. What was the population of NA PSO:BB during its last year or so?
2. What was PSO: xbox's population in its last year?

I'm thinking they were even lower than NA pc/ps2 is now so all the fears of them closing it down early is unfounded.

chaoskila
Jul 6, 2008, 05:31 PM
the only thing keeping PC psu players ISSSSSSSSSSSSS psow.
if you play psu pc you R on psow sir.

Ken_Silver
Jul 6, 2008, 05:51 PM
the only thing keeping PC psu players ISSSSSSSSSSSSS psow.
if you play psu pc you R on psow sir.

lol, I think that this is 70 - 85% true. But since transferring over to the JPN servers is going to be so easy... well... then the US/EU servers will be totally over.

But I am still optimistic; we'll be able to survive into 2009/End of Episode 3's storyline. All bets are off after that. I just pray that ST does better after the servers get moved/E3 (not connected but ironically timed around each other) I am hoping that a few huge updates and a bunch of things done right will get players who left to come back before the summer's out.

Sadly, that's when school starts again and you guys won't see me around as much. Bah, Junior Year of College. :razz:

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 6, 2008, 08:47 PM
I've seen about 3,000 new accounts made in the last six weeks on the 360 and yet the population stars don't really ever go past 10-12. Everybody is leaving on the 360 to go play FFXI, which I left to play PSU a year ago. Tempting to go back when we're paying soloely for online character storage for this long update-less month.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 6, 2008, 09:29 PM
I enjoy this game and I'll be here until all the servers are shut down. But since people I live with are jumping ship (well just trying it out) and going to the JP server I'll be playing that as well as this just to have a taste of a game where content updates happen.

My big thing is I'll be here until I get a chance to play the Neudaiz GBR and the Mission Carnival because the JP servers are already past those. So bare minimum I'll be playing both for at least another year :-P

Indica
Jul 6, 2008, 09:33 PM
The PC/PS2 Servers have 2 Stars every day at 12pm Pacific time when I go to luck lady.

Ken_Silver
Jul 6, 2008, 11:14 PM
The PC/PS2 Servers have 2 Stars every day at 12pm Pacific time when I go to luck lady.

True, but we almost always have 2 stars. It barely goes under (minus the wee hours of the morning) and it barley goes over 2 (event going on, or we're getting lucky.)

*prays that Sonic Team decides to advertise this game out of nowhere for some reason.*

Abashi76
Jul 6, 2008, 11:17 PM
Time to start a movement:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145495&page=10

Kumlekar
Jul 7, 2008, 01:16 PM
I think people have just gotten tired of white beast, it will pick up at the next event, or when master classes come out.

panzer_unit
Jul 7, 2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think Sega's going to get off their ass and start getting events and updates right for us. I don't know when PS2/PC servers are going to stop getting updates entirely but I bet that check is in the mail, especially after the BS post-MAG from the GM's.

What I'm hoping for is that they'll at least unlock all the regular game content before they leave the servers to dry up and die. That'll make for a few good months of gaming. What I'm expecting is that updates just magically stop at some point, and GM's magically stop leading us on about any chance of getting updates maybe a few months later.

Ri0T
Jul 7, 2008, 02:54 PM
hey same here! didn't think there were many of us around who played all three of those.

though let's be honest here. Both WoW and EVE are superior games in terms of amount of content, community (EVE only, really... WoW is marginally better in that respect than PSU though it's actually worse if you are on a RP server), and the overall endgame. It's why our community on PC/PS2 is so small. There's no endgame in PSU. Though some of us, like myself, do like that tangent. And then there is the lack of PvP in PSU, of which EVE, again, trounces the former two. PvP in PSU is a bad, bad idea because there are way too many kids who play this game. I would love to see it happen on NA servers someday, but at the same time, I think I'll rue that day as well.

PSU's advantage, aside from the 5 bucks you save a month over those other two, is its 'stupid-fun playstyle', as I like to call it. Unlike EVE's merciless requirement for the player to have more than 100 IQ to actually play, and WoW's tactless ability to breed elitists who think they are all that because they have spent several hundred hours in the same dungeons, PSU has that simple "hey lets go smash that thing together and not put much thought into it" flair. That's also exactly why its a popular console game (dare I say this is exactly why 360 has a much larger community), and why PSO was so wildly popular beforehand. The gameplay and the controls are simple and fun. This is probably my favorite feature in PSU.

The other cool thing is that I don't need to have a tank or a priest or other forms of support every time I want to do a mission. I can just go in myself. If I want help, I'll get it, but one of my biggest gripes with WoW is how they force that concept down your throat.

I played WoW first, then EVE, and now PSU. When I had all three subscriptions active simultaneously, I was playing PSU most of the time. Partially because it was (and still is by comparison to me) 'the new thing'. I don't know if that qualifies me as liking PSU more than any of the other games simply because I feel PSU is the most inferior of the three. To me, it still just is "the new thing". I'm already getting pretty sick of the lack of content and the dependency on events for this to feel like it's not the EXACT same mission over and over (though even the events themselves typically have you do bits and pieces of the same exact missions).

anyway. thread hijack over. I just wanted to say a few words on this because this is a conversation I have all the time with some of my PSU buddies.

As for what I think will happen, I'll just echo the words of a few other ppl who have already said this here. It will continue to diminish. Why? Partially because Sonic Team has to work hard to develop new content for a new game, and one that doesn't specifically cater to a japanese fanbois crowd. Something much more creative and internationally appealing would do it. This alone would go very very far in creating and maintaining a wider playerbase because contrary to what many of you think, not everyone is madly in love with everything from that part of the world.
I play a lot of games. WoW and EVE just happen to be two of them, lol. WoW i will probably be going back to for the new Arena season and expansion... EVE, i dunno when. Maybe when they get the ambulation update or when there are some people I can play with on a regular basis. Not being in a Corp really brings the fun factor down a lot, and everyone I knew left right after I finally got Intys and AFs. Never even got to fly the things really. Do you happen to be in an active Corp? :D

Anyway, WoW and EVE are very good games in their own right, and they trounce PSU on content. Seriously, PSU vs WoW content-wise, the ratio might be close to 1:100. As I said before though, I still play PSU because it fills a type of gameplay i still need. Nothing so far can replace it. If anyone knows of something, please let me know though. :3

If Sega of America was given more power to change things, the community might get better. Right now, SoA is purely customer service. They can solve some technical issues, i'm sure, but anything that goes beyond "the schedule" they can't really do anything about, and has to ask for support from SoJ. It also seems like communication between these two branches are pretty horrible, i.e. a simple, "Can we get a MAG extension for the International servers?" somehow was not given a simple "yes" or "no" answer apparently. Or, it was a "yes" and later retracted.

Noblewine
Jul 7, 2008, 03:06 PM
It'll stay at it.

Sekani
Jul 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
If I leave PSU, there's nothing really like it that I can play instead.

This is the only reason any of the domestic PSU servers are still active.

Syl
Jul 7, 2008, 03:59 PM

Sad to say that's the truth >.>

Para
Jul 7, 2008, 04:05 PM

I have to partially agree... a part of also wants to atleast see the end of PSU before it officially ends.

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 04:16 PM
I have to partially agree... a part of also wants to at least see the end of PSU before it officially ends.

Agreed. I want to see this game to the end of at least story mode (Episode 3.) I want to know if and what our character gets for saving the GUARDIANS butts.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 10, 2008, 05:11 AM
Some player I've partied with have been forcasting the death of our servers, but I have to disagree with this. I don't believe our population will ever increase unless drastic measure were to be taken by Sega (specifically for the PS2/PC), but I know that would never happen. What I believe, however, is that even with our lowly populations, our severs will not be shutdown prematurely.

The only thing required to keep the English servers around through the next Expansion(s) of this game are the translations. While pour translations they are, sega will continue this. The reason I believe is the JP players on the 360 severs. Sega JP doesn't care about us english players one bit, but if they were to take away the majority of the 360 population for the JP player there the play with by holding back an expansion for all but the JP players, this would harm there playing ability. Sega wouldn't want to do that, because they actually give a shit about the JP players. Those 2 or 3 stars of JAPAN ONRY games on the 360 severs will keep enligh PSU coming. So stop BAWWWing

Danny_Dark
Jul 10, 2008, 05:21 AM
Yeah, yeah...today is Thursday, isn't it...
By the Way, I don't think so..., but this is only My Opinion...
So never Mind...

SEGAC: Because Good Business is an Oximoron for Us.

Seority
Jul 10, 2008, 05:28 AM
lolwut?
Postcount+1!
And I think all of that has been established already. And the population we have now, won't get any smaller, so just expect it to get bigger if you expect anything at all.

Rambo!
Jul 10, 2008, 06:08 AM
You forgot to through one thing into the mix in your idea's. You are aware that server take not only software but also hardware to run. While the game is translated sega server takes bandwidth so you can connect to it and in this country high tier bandwidth like that used for web and game servers is getting more expensive. Segac is a company and a company that is not doing so well right now. If something starts to loose money they will take it offline. Will it happen, not right away I don't expect to see the servers shutdown before the final expansion comes out. Could it happen who knows Segac has already surprised me with there dumbness before. (You know the whole we can't even process your bills correctly thing)