PDA

View Full Version : Acrofighter vs. Fighgunner

dreamcaster0
Jul 5, 2008, 09:52 AM
I've been playing around with both of these classes lately and I can't decide which is better/I like more. I enjoy the single handed weapons and the speed increase of the AF, but I also like the weapon spread and s rank s election of the Fighgunner. I see lots of fGs around, and it generally deters me from a class, so AF has also been more in my mind because of that. Either way, which of these two classes do you like more, and why?

DreXxiN
Jul 5, 2008, 10:10 AM
Got my Human up to figh 15, then AoI came and I'm AF 20. Switch between both, whichever one you want at the time. Why have one static class? lol

Kizeragi
Jul 5, 2008, 10:27 AM
Switch between both, whichever one you want at the time. Why have one static class? lol

This. Why play just one class, when you can play both. All my characters play 2+ classes. *points to sig*

Dragwind
Jul 5, 2008, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't compare the two. They are two different classes, not the same as you pointed out. However, as it was mentioned, you could switch between the two if you like.

Now to your question:

I have a hard time deciding which one of these classes I personally like more, but I lean slightly more towards Fighgunner for the lvl30 bullet cap, and S rank two handed weapons. I really like two handed weapons more than single hand, so that's probably why I like it more.

chaoskila
Jul 5, 2008, 01:12 PM
fighgunner duh duh.
slicers suck anyways.

Kylie
Jul 5, 2008, 01:15 PM
I like figh's s-rank weapon selection more because I prefer two-handed stuff, but I think AF's a better class. The speed increase and stats are just insane and overtake fighgunner a bit, in my opinion.

Green_Bandit
Jul 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'm mainly an Acrofighter. Before the expansion came out I was a Fighgunner but I when I went Acrofighter I never looked back. Yeah, Double Sabers are cool but the flare, speed, and evasion of aF can't be beat. Lets see someone else block at least 3 spinning punches from a bil de vear. Put on another evasion unit and you'll dance around them.

Macras
Jul 5, 2008, 01:42 PM
screw being a fighgunner or acrofighter, be awesome. be a protranser.

chaoskila
Jul 5, 2008, 01:46 PM

i lol'd
protranser is pretty bad ass isnt it =]

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 5, 2008, 01:47 PM
Acrofighter! Slicers r still good as hell with level 40 Pa's and good % !

OuTi

Seority
Jul 5, 2008, 03:37 PM
Do the one you have weapons for first.
Then build up a pallette for the other one so you can play it.
(Don't forget PA's ;) )

Ruru
Jul 5, 2008, 03:44 PM
but I lean slightly more towards Fighgunner for the lvl30 bullet cap

hmm acrofighter has level 30 bullets as well.

as for the OP question. i mained fighgunner for quite some time and when AF came out i switched to that and started to like it alot more. i have both at 20 now and decided to stay on as AF. fighgunner is nice and the weapon selection is great as well, but the speed boost on AF is just too much fun for me lol. Fighgunner felt alot slower than i remembered it when i switched back and forth, not a bad class at all and i still enjoy it but AF is just more fun for me.

anyway, best way to choose (if you have to choose) i say pick whichever class you have more fun with, all in all though you dont have to make a choice. switch off if the run you're doing calls for heavier two handed weapons over speed.

Rayokarna
Jul 5, 2008, 03:51 PM

This.

autumn
Jul 5, 2008, 03:53 PM
I've played both and while the weapon selection is nice on FighG I adore the speed of an AF. I don't like doublesabers so mostly I used the other weapons in Figh but AF gave me a new appreciation for 1 handed weapons. I can still use my twin ruby bullets if I want and cards are awesome.

sKOsiris
Jul 5, 2008, 03:58 PM
I have Female Human 130 and have both classes at 20. when you compare Job class stats the AF beats the Fighgunner hands down on every stats except att. which is only like 50-70 difference i believe. humans get a boost on acro classes which is kind off cool too. now from trying both classes i like the speed weapon selection isnt bad either for AF. overall when AF came out i stoped being fighgunner because i would always use that class. the only i thing i would miss is the double saber and crossbows.

Dragwind
Jul 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
Ah, my mistake, I must have been thinking of aT at the time (curse these acronyms/similar names).

But yes, overall I still enjoy the Fighgunner arsenal a bit more. I'm planning on going back to Acrofighter soon anyhow, so I'll be sure to dig my heels deeper into the class and I'm sure I'll be able to find a different flavor for it again.

Phoenix_Black
Jul 5, 2008, 06:35 PM
Now that Elsral came out, AF is better than any class, in Japan. They even have their own political party. Supposedly...

_Vyser_
Jul 5, 2008, 07:37 PM
Personally, I feel odd playing a melee class that doesn't have something stunning/freezing everything around me. I like AF a lot more than figh partly because of the speed difference, but mainly because I love using sonichi and s-ranked R-mags. Lastly, just because you play AF doesn't mean you have to use slicers. I find myself using claws a majority of the time anyway.

Phoenix_Black
Jul 5, 2008, 07:56 PM
Sonichi + Halp Serafi ftw.

autumn
Jul 5, 2008, 09:57 PM

This.

mvffin
Jul 6, 2008, 01:28 AM

AF and FI can both use this....
(so can WT/AT)

Phoenix_Black
Jul 6, 2008, 01:46 AM
I didn't say they couldn't. I was making an aside comment of what I like, as an AF. Plus, speed from a AF and a single dagger is nice.

Ruru
Jul 6, 2008, 01:49 AM
i also find myself not using slicers either. not sure why people think AF = slicer lol.

single daggers single claws and RCSM's are fun.

AlphaDragoon
Jul 6, 2008, 02:22 AM
I like AF, myself.

Zero-Sensei
Jul 6, 2008, 04:30 AM
I'd personally prefer Fighgunner. I have enjoyed this class for a very long time now.
Just recently now, I'm branching out more and leaning toward the forte classes, but there will always be a place in my heart for the FI. ^^