PDA

View Full Version : Why? (Live Journal)

Kylie
Jul 5, 2008, 06:00 PM
Why was I keeping one when I knew that none of my friends were on it (well, except two)? :disapprove: I guess I just got sucked in, but I should have learned my lesson from when I tried Myspace. No one on your friend list really cares about you write, so it's just a big time sink when you could just be using an instant messenger, phone, or *gasp* reality. Meh. I guess it's just not my thing, :nerd: and expressing yourself publicly was not as fulfilling as I thought.

I just don't care for some people to be involved in or know about my life.

AlexCraig
Jul 5, 2008, 06:10 PM
I read your LJ every once in a while. I haven't been on my own too much, lately.

Kylie
Jul 5, 2008, 06:15 PM
I know, and I appreciate that. :-P But people that don't like me read it more than people that do (go figure), and I just didn't feel like it was worth it when I just blog to waste time. It creates ways for people to anonymously troll you and get stuff on you you didn't want them to see. I tried it though, at least, and so I can say that much.

Oh, and I know I could've made it friend only (on LJ), but then I'd be writing to two people. :lol:

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
I only use Myspace if i really need to.

Other than that, I couldn't really care less about my profile. >_>

Ranmaru
Jul 5, 2008, 06:58 PM
I know what you mean. I have an LJ as well, but I had no friends there. Everytime I write a blog, I rarely get comments, its no use to me either. I use Myspace and Vampirefreaks, but have almost no friends on VF. I have a few friends on myspace, and most others are probaly 'there'. I feel as though I have to leave comments to others to get comments back, but sometimes I get comments without first commenting them, which is nice. ^^

Sekani
Jul 5, 2008, 07:10 PM
Once upon a time, having a LiveJournal was sort of therapeutic. It gave me an outlet to release some stress. Those times are behind me now though.

Mine hasn't been updated since 2003, and now it's just sitting there for people to laugh at and make fun of. I'm sure anyone who's curious enough can figure out the URL on their own.

AlexCraig
Jul 5, 2008, 07:22 PM
I don't care if people view my LJ. I merely use it to get out my anger and happy.

Powder Keg
Jul 6, 2008, 10:20 PM
I used to update an LJ years ago, but stopped after Myspace came around. Like you mentioned, none of my friends updated theirs, let alone had one. For some reason, I stopped feeling the need to vent on things in general as much as I used to, don't really know why.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 7, 2008, 01:37 AM
Headshots and swords Video games are all I need to reduce stress.

EphekZ
Jul 7, 2008, 01:46 AM
People still use Live Journals? Holy shit.

Rayokarna
Jul 7, 2008, 09:53 AM
I tend to use nothing unless someone puts up something really important. (Facebook and Myspace sadly.)

Kylie
Jul 7, 2008, 01:26 PM
People still use Live Journals? Holy shit.
No. That's the problem. ;|

Ami~
Jul 9, 2008, 06:19 PM
I would like to think Live Journal is pretty big, you just have to look for communities, etc.

I also have a livejournal and only have like..one friend. but I am part of a few L J communities. I don't realy mind if I don't have friends on it, I find it kinda theraputic to write my thoughts down just cause I can. I think it's fun XD

Adriano
Jul 9, 2008, 07:03 PM
wuts live journal :0

seph_monkey
Jul 12, 2008, 03:48 AM
mmm i dunno wat live journal is either but if it is like myspace then eh im gewd.

im wa-----y better at communicating with people in real life then on the internet just cause you can express and feel things wa-----y easier in my opnion.

alot of people forced me to get a myspace and i was alright with it so i went with it but eh the thing just brought trouble straight out so i erased that.

the only thing i have close as an internet bio thing is this pso-w

yeah myspace bugged me cause people only added me just cause of the way i look i guess cause they had absolutely no interest in me or in meeting me, seemed like they were always nervous or something

Sayara
Jul 12, 2008, 06:48 AM
Its alot better than myspace, i think.

but, even the dog shit next to my house is better than myspace too so it isn 't saying much

Aisha379
Jul 12, 2008, 10:30 AM
I only made an LJ to read the LJ of one of my friends.

Never bothered putting anything in it. I knew strangers wouldn't care and I always yap on to my friends on MSN anyway, so whats the point? 0_o