PDA

View Full Version : What are there more of? Techers or gunners?

dreamcaster0
Jul 5, 2008, 08:47 PM
We all know that Hunters/Fighs/Fortefighters are the most abound. In general though, are there more gunners around or techers?

fayt6
Jul 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
hmmm....i don't know i am perty sure techers....are the more abundant class

Berny3000
Jul 5, 2008, 09:55 PM
omg o.o i would say i know more techer as gunner :3

(main char also techer XD)

chaoskila
Jul 5, 2008, 10:04 PM
techers cuz people love being female newmans duhhhhh

xBladeM6x
Jul 5, 2008, 10:09 PM
Techers. I have a female newman too! >:O

Dragwind
Jul 5, 2008, 10:24 PM
It's hard to know. As far as data on it, there's none to my knowledge other than word of mouth.

Ken_Silver
Jul 5, 2008, 10:27 PM
It's hard to know. As far as data on it, there's none to my knowledge other than word of mouth.

This post reminds me of something... Don't we get a GUARDIANS report on which Race/Class is the most populous and stuff? I remember hearing about this somewhere... Not sure if it was a rumor or not.

If it exists, then wouldn't that have the answer?

Turb0
Jul 5, 2008, 10:34 PM
I'd say there are more techers. *also has a female newman FT*

And Ken, I think I remember reading JP servers getting something like that. Not sure if we'll get it too but honestly, don't hold your breath.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 5, 2008, 10:36 PM
Indeed, more techers I'd say. (Is guilty of a female Newman FT too...)

Stryker Diaz
Jul 5, 2008, 10:45 PM
Tough call.... I would have to say gunners since a good 50% of my card list use Gunners 30% use Fighters and the small remaining 20% use techers, but thats just my personal circle. If I were to really take a good look around I would have to say maybe techers due to the sheer number of classes that revolve around teching.

AerisZeal
Jul 5, 2008, 11:57 PM
This thread is fun since I have two female Newmans, my main being a FG (Read: Forte) and the other being a FT. :wacko:

I'd say techers though. *Recommends a poll*

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 6, 2008, 01:11 AM
techers cuz people love being female newmans duhhhhh

My female newman is everything but a techer. Talk to the hand!

Ruru
Jul 6, 2008, 01:55 AM
read my sig :p

as for what there are more of i'm not sure. seem to be alot of both on PC/PS2 from what i've seen so i can't say which there are more of.

Darklighter
Jul 6, 2008, 03:54 AM
What is wrong with male newman techers? Mine is a guntecher, so I'm both. I think there are more gunners myself but I do not linger in populated areas very long so what do I know.

Bear...
Jul 6, 2008, 04:44 AM
techers by far.

DarkEliteRico
Jul 6, 2008, 07:39 AM
Techers by far, yet after the PA rebalance i've seen a lot of gunners come out of the wood work again.

Dhylec
Jul 6, 2008, 09:01 AM
It's looks like the order is: fighters, techers, then gunners.

Kizeragi
Jul 6, 2008, 09:37 AM
Techers I should think.

I also have a Newman FT. <_<

Berny3000
Jul 6, 2008, 09:41 AM
looks like techer got the most trust in gamer eh? :3

Golto
Jul 6, 2008, 09:43 AM
This post reminds me of something... Don't we get a GUARDIANS report on which Race/Class is the most populous and stuff? I remember hearing about this somewhere... Not sure if it was a rumor or not.

If it exists, then wouldn't that have the answer?

The JPN pc/ps2 server will have that as part of their 2nd year event. For our servers, no.

Ryno
Jul 6, 2008, 09:44 AM
I say techer. because that's what I started back when I played pso as my main
and my main is a techer in psu.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 6, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'll say gunner (I myself have a F newman techer) Due to the fact that I see very few deticated techers out there...most are hybrids like GT and WT. However I do see plently of deticated gunners or gunner hybrids.

OT edit: Muwahahahahahahahahahaha 666 posts....evil becomes me. >=)

Cubone
Jul 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
hmmm....i don't know i am perty sure techers....are the more abundant class

This.

chaostroop3
Jul 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
in my oppenion almost EVERYONE has a techer *points to sig also*

i have a cast gunner to so i cant really say, but i think there more techers

Kylie
Jul 6, 2008, 01:23 PM
It was DEFINITELY techers before leveling bullets got way easier, and then I noticed a lot more ranger alt characters and such. But I believe techers still outnumber rangers; although, the gap isn't as wide anymore.

The_Brimada
Jul 6, 2008, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure what to say unless you mean more fortegunners or fortetechers. In that case I'd go techer but if you mean anything that is part gunner or anything that is part techer, I'd say gunner.

Kismet
Jul 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
Well, this is dumb. it's obvious that there are more techers because techs do damage, heal, and buff and that's what's in higher demand/preference. Duh.

Dragwind
Jul 6, 2008, 03:16 PM
Signature <_<

I have both gunners and techers. Meh. In v.1, I'd say there were more techers. Now I'm starting to wonder if there are more gunners due to the PA lvling update.

Phoenix148
Jul 6, 2008, 04:12 PM
it depends, do u count fighgunner a gunner class? If so then yes to gunners. If you dont then its yes to techers.

autumn
Jul 6, 2008, 05:35 PM
Gunners I think seeing as so many types can use ranged. Protranser, ForteGunner, FighGunner, AcroFighter, AcroTecher, GunTecher. All of these have nice options even though a number of them never get those options used to their maximum capabilities.

Could be just me though.

AlliThePally
Jul 6, 2008, 06:16 PM
I see a lot more techers than I do gunners

Rayokarna
Jul 6, 2008, 09:32 PM
Gunners I think seeing as so many types can use ranged. Protranser, ForteGunner, FighGunner, AcroFighter, AcroTecher, GunTecher. All of these have nice options even though a number of them never get those options used to their maximum capabilities.

Could be just me though.

Gunners = Fortegunner & Guntecher

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 6, 2008, 09:41 PM
If you mean gunner as anyone with the prefix or suffix Gun/gunner I see more gunners than techers- also assuming you're including anything that has "techer" in it's name.

guntechers suck because they can't make up their mind about which side they belong to. I see so many guntechers doing nothing but casting and pulling out a crossbow once they're out of Tech Photon, but then I see Cast GTs that lay it down with their awesome guns and then stop to buff before they unload some more.

There are more gunners now beacuse bullets level faster than techs. Plain and simple. That's why I put my PT into FG to finish it out instead of playing my new AT.

Powder Keg
Jul 6, 2008, 10:07 PM
I think there are more techers....a lot of people don't find it very fun to just shoot bullets over and over again from a Rifle I guess. I wish there were some more techers in the group I normally team up with though, heh.

The_Brimada
Jul 7, 2008, 12:03 AM
Gunners = Fortegunner & Guntecher

Protranser = 40 ranged as well so why are they not included?

If you go by those ranger only armors however then I guess theres more gunners out there (excluding protranser) than techer.

autumn
Jul 7, 2008, 12:14 AM
If you go by ranger only armors both AF and AT can equip them so who knows? I suppose it depends on your definition of 'gunner'. Mine is anything that gets / uses a good variance of ranged weapons.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 7, 2008, 06:14 PM
I'm not gonna count people's scubby alts, since most techer alts suck. Only mains matter for answering this
. There's definitely more techers mains then gunner mains from what I've seen.

strikershadow
Jul 7, 2008, 08:11 PM
Over the weekend I pretty much played the whole weekend on Uni 2 doing white beast, I levelled from 14 - 50 and I only stopped to sleep. And I saw a lot more techers then gunners. 90% of the time I was the only gunner in the party... and 75% of the time there were more then 3 fortetechers... i saw one of the fortetechers leave the party because "we had to many techers" then another FF came and he left for the same reason, then another FF came in and he left for the same reason...

Its just what I saw :D

unicorn
Jul 8, 2008, 02:36 PM
Theres more Gunners since theres more Range + Hunter hybrids.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 8, 2008, 02:49 PM
Gunner

panzer_unit
Jul 8, 2008, 02:57 PM
I think 80% of my teammates over the last few months have been Casts.
If I had to guess about classes based on that, I'd figure there weren't a lot of Techers out there.

Kismet
Jul 8, 2008, 09:04 PM
In my opinion, TRUE FULL-BLOWN Gunners use rifles. Only 2 classes (as of now) are capable of this (Fortegunner & Guntecher). Unless FI magically receives a sci-fi gunblade, and PT is given some omnipotent photon AK-47, they DON'T COUNT.

As for techers, we've got WT, FT, GT, AT. Hey, and what do ya know? They ALL can use wands! And there are twice as many of those as their are gunner classes! And I'm pretty sure that there are more ATs than GTs, and more FTs than FGs, so...

You do the math. D:

Ethateral
Jul 9, 2008, 10:24 AM
I'd say techers. I see more of them then gunners running around. =/ My main is a Newman F Fortetecher! XD <3

Dragonpike
Jul 9, 2008, 12:58 PM
I think there are more Techers. Most of my friends are techers and only one is a gunner.