PDA

View Full Version : Rare Hunter's Dream Come True (personal Story)

Stryker Diaz
Jul 6, 2008, 11:50 PM
Alright I know this may sound crazy but this actually happened.

I am a huge fanatic of hunting for specific rares relentlessly especially on True Darkness, but not for the money but just to find them. Now heres what happened, I was around lvl 80 and hunting for BB's and of course ive found like around 9 or so total at this point, and then I thought to myself "I need to set myself a goal" course my goal was set high since ive found all the small fry S ranks so far after trying again and again. I set my eyes on Agito repca, so I worked my ass off to quickly reach lvl 85 and finally I reached it. That was about a 4 days agowhen I thought of this goal.

(Present)

Alright first day today as a lvl 85 began around 8:00 AM(woke up early for no reason). I did a few Plains overlord missions with some random people to just level up some spells, but after a while I got bored and a friend finally showed up on my card list. I called in my friend and of course he was happy to go with me on True Darkness S2. I of course was completely bent on not dying to not make my first run ever through there a bad one. (>>;;) We started off normaly in the 5th uni just going through it as usual after I found the rare map and around the end of the 1st block someone else joined that we didnt even know, but I really didnt care at the moment since I just wanted to get through the level atleast once. My friend and I continued to walk through until the very last bit of block 1 where something had litteraly caused my heart to jump against my chest. I had saw the words [b] Agito Repca 12* run on the right side of my screen with my name by its side. First I thought I misread it for the agito edge and I went to look at my matierials and saw the board was there. I was pretty much in complete disbelief that I had found it on my first run through S2, then of course things began to go sour quickly.

The random person who had joined earlier was one of the typical assholes that like to ruin things for everyone. He began to harass me as we continued the level all the way up to 3 switch door of block 2. He threatened to get me banned and kickd off of PSU if I didn't give him the board saying he knew Mods and some other clearly false statements. Well long story short(got carried away heh ^^;) I booted him and he waited outside for me, but of course I just ran to my room and sat down and msged all my friends.

:D

You can not believe how happy I was today when I found that, that was supposed to be my mountain to climb, but of course that didn't take long for some reason...... anyway anyone got anything else they can suggest for me to find? I really want a challenge! Oh and if you actually bothered to read my whole story thank you.

>:3

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 6, 2008, 11:53 PM
Congrats! I hope it comes out good when you make it!

Ken_Silver
Jul 6, 2008, 11:54 PM
Congrats on your find. And to the a-hole who tried to ruin it for you... well, there's a ditch somewhere with his name on it.

See? If PSU can still make someone's day, then its worth fighting for. That's how I see it.

Once again, congrats and good luck with synthing that bad boy.

HELLBOT
Jul 7, 2008, 12:20 AM

I am a huge fanatic of hunting for specific rares relentlessly especially on True Darkness, but not for the money but just to find them. Now heres what happened, I was around lvl 80 and hunting for BB's and of course ive found like around 9 or so total at this point, and then I thought to myself "I need to set myself a goal" course my goal was set high since ive found all the small fry S ranks so far after trying again and again. I set my eyes on Agito repca, so I worked my ass off to quickly reach lvl 85 and finally I reached it. That was about a 4 days agowhen I thought of this goal.

(Present)

Alright first day today as a lvl 85 began around 8:00 AM(woke up early for no reason). I did a few Plains overlord missions with some random people to just level up some spells, but after a while I got bored and a friend finally showed up on my card list. I called in my friend and of course he was happy to go with me on True Darkness S2. I of course was completely bent on not dying to not make my first run ever through there a bad one. (>>;;) We started off normaly in the 5th uni just going through it as usual after I found the rare map and around the end of the 1st block someone else joined that we didnt even know, but I really didnt care at the moment since I just wanted to get through the level atleast once. My friend and I continued to walk through until the very last bit of block 1 where something had litteraly caused my heart to jump against my chest. I had saw the words [b] Agito Repca 12* run on the right side of my screen with my name by its side. First I thought I misread it for the agito edge and I went to look at my matierials and saw the board was there. I was pretty much in complete disbelief that I had found it on my first run through S2, then of course things began to go sour quickly.

The random person who had joined earlier was one of the typical assholes that like to ruin things for everyone. He began to harass me as we continued the level all the way up to 3 switch door of block 2. He threatened to get me banned and kickd off of PSU if I didn't give him the board saying he knew Mods and some other clearly false statements. Well long story short(got carried away heh ^^;) I booted him and he waited outside for me, but of course I just ran to my room and sat down and msged all my friends.

You can not believe how happy I was today when I found that, that was supposed to be my mountain to climb, but of course that didn't take long for some reason...... anyway anyone got anything else they can suggest for me to find? I really want a challenge! Oh and if you actually bothered to read my whole story thank you.

one helluva story bro find me a shigga baret board AND a rattlesnake board

(find them i make them give em back to you we split profit sound good?)

i'd love to play with you sometime

*cough*lucky basterd *cough*

Stryker Diaz
Jul 7, 2008, 12:26 AM
this may sound wierd but this is the damn truth no lie....

4 of my friends... all bring me along calling me their lucky charm >>;;;;

because anytime im with them they find extremely rare things..... but problem is I never get anything when im with them =_= they get the stuff I hunt for T_T

and ya id be happy to look for rattlesnake board for u, ive been running that missions a ton recently and know the rare map and when to find the Red Bee increasing the chance for rare boss(slightly darker red tint) and higher chance for rattlesnake, sad to say I havent found it though but I have found tons of other things.... atleast 15 morbinia....

AerisZeal
Jul 7, 2008, 12:26 AM
Wow, people are funny. "I know mods, you're gonna get banned for getting an item I want." Funny stuff. Grats on your find though, hopefully that isn't the last "mountain" you climb. :wacko:

chaoskila
Jul 7, 2008, 12:28 AM
agito repca...
oh my god.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 7, 2008, 12:30 AM
there will be more! *poses pointing towards Sleeping Warriors, Desert Goliath, and Electronic brain*

I came up with a list!

Castet line(tell me if that spelt wrong), Rattlesnake, and Psycho Wand!

ya..... those three are my targets for now >> I will find them... they are not safe from me...

Jainsea
Jul 7, 2008, 01:22 AM
yay cg on your find :D and fiddle sticks to that guy >:T I know a Mod, gimme that board!
Thats sooo lame! cg again ^^!

Turb0
Jul 7, 2008, 02:07 AM
and ya id be happy to look for rattlesnake board for u, ive been running that missions a ton recently and know the rare map and when to find the Red Bee increasing the chance for rare boss(slightly darker red tint) and higher chance for rattlesnake, sad to say I havent found it though but I have found tons of other things.... atleast 15 morbinia....

Maybe I'm reading this wrong now...If you're being sarcastic, disregard this, but that's a load of BS (no offense). There is no rare version of any boss (mini-bosses like svaltuses, yes, but not actual bosses like the magas, de ragan, etc.). Also, there's nothing you can do in the mission to change the drop rate of a boss box drop (luck doesn't affect it either). Unfortunately, you just have to keep doing it until it drops.

More on topic, Congrats on the repca board! I've personally never seen one drop, but I usually don't do hive missions much. Probably the closest thing I had to your experience was back in February. I was hunting a rattlesnake for a while and got one to drop after 40 some runs, so I start synthing it. Later that night, I pull it out and...Neptuline. :(The next day I start hunting again and got another rattlesnake board on my 3rd run! I was all excited and thought there was no way it could fail twice like this, right? I pull it out whenever it finishes and...okiku doll. :( It pretty much sucked after the fact, but it was fun when I found them. :-D

This reminds me, I should do another one of my "scatter hunts" where I just go around and do one run at various missions where valuable things drop. Nothing that good has come out of it yet, but I've only done it like twice so idk. Gives me something to do anyway.

Bear...
Jul 7, 2008, 04:06 AM
grats :] although I am sour i spent a month and a half looking for it D= but I have one now so its okay ^-^ but try looking for an amore tip. =o

Kizeragi
Jul 7, 2008, 07:04 AM
this may sound wierd but this is the damn truth no lie....

4 of my friends... all bring me along calling me their lucky charm >>;;;;

because anytime im with them they find extremely rare things..... but problem is I never get anything when im with them =_= they get the stuff I hunt for T_T

I'm used to this.

Chris28
Jul 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
i got my agito repca board on my 7th run, so i know you're feeling of finding it early in your hunt. congrats!

now for the grinding, best of luck to ya. mine is 4/4 which is fine. the damn thing would not grind to 5 for the life of me.

darkante
Jul 7, 2008, 07:35 AM

(Present)

Ohh extremely lucky man. Shame that the stranger got crazy..itīs sad lol.
I mean, he canīt expect that when he join a random party that they will handover the rare to you..how greedy and selfish isnīt that lol.

Anyway..congratulation!

Dragon_Knight
Jul 7, 2008, 07:37 AM
Ugh well good for you...all my rare hunts are at best nightmare trials. When the halarod first came out it wouldn't drop for me...yet I knew tons of people with 6. Even with firebreak I only got one board...which failed. I eventualy had to buy one when the price dropped to the 500k range. Dori's are the same story...hunt, hunt, hunt...saw two the entire time hunting for them and they went to diffrent people...I eventualy bought mine at 3mil. Tesbra is the only force rare so far I havn't had to buy...I got the board just after MAG ended from a rycross run with some friends...Happy as I was I plan to wait for the syth boost in hopes the I DON'T have to buy this particular rare. Uransara...well to be fair I think its ugly so I never vested much time in it..Gao rods...forget it...kazarod and rodic...nope sorry. I'm sure everyone knows my issue with the P wands by now wither you've heard of me or not so I'm not even going to get into that one. The cycle goes on and on.

So for the most part I'm destined to have to be happy with A ranks as they will be the most unique items I'll ever have.

HELLBOT
Jul 7, 2008, 10:57 PM
there will be more! *poses pointing towards Sleeping Warriors, Desert Goliath, and Electronic brain*

I came up with a list!

Castet line(tell me if that spelt wrong), Rattlesnake, and Psycho Wand!

ya..... those three are my targets for now >> I will find them... they are not safe from me...

i'll be there to help kick the ass of any monster that dare stand before us!!

Arika
Jul 7, 2008, 11:20 PM
See? If PSU can still make someone's day, then its worth fighting for. That's how I see it.

good point!

PepperCat
Jul 7, 2008, 11:31 PM
Congrats! Awesome find! You are really lucky!!!

I was hunting that for two weeks straight 12-15 hours a day and only found 1 or 2 Agito Edges.

Actually, I'm still hunting it but I guess it just doesn't like me. :(

As for the guy that threatened you, next time grab his GC number and screenshot him saying that if you can and report him for abuse.

I had a similar thing with drops happen to me once, told a GM (friend of mine) about it and he asked me right away for the person's GC number and to PM him the chatlog as he didn't want people like that in PSU. *LOL BAMHAMMAH!!!*

Anyways congrats again, I hope you pull out a 42%+ and grind it to at least 7/10!

~Pepper.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 7, 2008, 11:35 PM
My personal story:
One time I found a competent party outside of White Beast.
On Moatoob.
Holy shit.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 8, 2008, 12:31 AM
Update:

2nd run: Dulk Senba
3rd run: Ank Zagza
4th run: Blackheart

xD

idk wtf is up with me and that level but TD has always been my favorite,

I gave the blackheart to my friend who was with me, im sure ill find another one eventually... if I ever find something with a friend and the genuinily need it and will use it I always let them have it.

PepperCat
Jul 8, 2008, 11:06 AM
Sell me your Zagza board?

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 11:12 AM
Are you on PC/PS2? If so, share one of those BB boards with me. You said you had what? 9 of them? >_>; Or hell, take me with you to TD, and I'll do the runs with you. xD

Oh yeah, and Georgia represent. >_>/

Agent Phox
Jul 8, 2008, 12:43 PM
does fakis turn into his second form on true darkness or only on seed awakend? just wanted to know cuz ive never got to fight him in his second form.

Skyly
Jul 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
Off Topic - Second Form Only

But Dam. Congrats

Llord Bacchus
Jul 8, 2008, 04:07 PM
congrats brotherman!!!

helluva find!!! - especially for your first run through

yeah, i was gonna suggest hunting a psychowand too - lol

relentless
Jul 8, 2008, 04:10 PM
yeah, i was gonna suggest hunting a psychowand too - lol

Though the key to finding the stuff you want is to NOT expect it. :wacko:
He didn't expect to get Repca at all, the opposite, and BAM... XD
PSU likes to mess with people. :)

Tyreek
Jul 8, 2008, 04:15 PM
Congrats on your find Stryker. I bet it gives you a blood rush doesn't it?

Stryker Diaz
Jul 8, 2008, 10:57 PM
umm sorry cant sell u zagza board ^^;; its one of my trophy boards

Stryker Definition of Trophy board
------------------------------------------
A board which is kept for rememberence of finding the item and for sole collecting purposes.
ya.... ill probably find another one soon though xD dont worry :P

or u can just run with me and we'll find one easy xD as long as I got only one perseon with me I seem to rack up the rares quickly but they never seem to go to me --;.

Anyway baught Dulk-Senba 42% dark so ya megid aint got shi on me anymore, 0 damage most of the time lol.

Umm really if u want guys just msg me on my gamertag and ill take u guys on hunts with me o.o;; I really like having company and someone to talk too, a PM machine doesnt exactly talk back xD

:P

alQUOOBo is my gamertag btw, and pleaseeeee remember that im on EST so if ure in germany like I think hellbot was then dont expect to catch me on time... I was on till 2 in the morning and I think he had just woke up xD

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 11:44 PM
Oh, you're on 360. :< Nvm. (PC/PS2 here)

Stryker Diaz
Jul 8, 2008, 11:47 PM
ah sorry lol ya all the people who want to go hunting are on the PC/PS2... is there a lack of balance there or something? I mean are the shops more expensive on those servers?

Nodoka
Jul 9, 2008, 12:13 AM
Thats so Funny "I know mods"lol congrats on the find if you feel like you want a another challenge you should look for the Amore Tip ill be happy to help you look for it. PS: Are you on the 360 or Ps2/Pc?

HELLBOT
Jul 9, 2008, 01:28 AM
does fakis turn into his second form on true darkness or only on seed awakend? just wanted to know cuz ive never got to fight him in his second form.

on true darkness you onlt fight his second form

HELLBOT
Jul 9, 2008, 01:31 AM
umm sorry cant sell u zagza board ^^;; its one of my trophy boards

Stryker Definition of Trophy board
A board which is kept for rememberence of finding the item and for sole collecting purposes.
ya.... ill probably find another one soon though xD dont worry :P

or u can just run with me and we'll find one easy xD as long as I got only one perseon with me I seem to rack up the rares quickly but they never seem to go to me --;.

Anyway baught Dulk-Senba 42% dark so ya megid aint got shi on me anymore, 0 damage most of the time lol.

Umm really if u want guys just msg me on my gamertag and ill take u guys on hunts with me o.o;; I really like having company and someone to talk too, a PM machine doesnt exactly talk back xD

:P

alQUOOBo is my gamertag btw, and pleaseeeee remember that im on EST so if ure in germany like I think hellbot was then dont expect to catch me on time... I was on till 2 in the morning and I think he had just woke up xD

yes i am from germany stuttgart to be exact i had just woken up but i can force myself up earlier i switch between nocturnal and daytime cause of my job so i can go noacturnal to play with you ( i'm nocturnal most of the time)

Pop TaRt
Jul 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
Find a psycho wand!!! Or a Rattlesnake! Congrats, but i geuss im just not meant to be with an agito THE WORLD IS OVER NNOOOOO Seriously congratz and the world isnt lost just to let you all know

AlphaDragoon
Jul 9, 2008, 05:01 PM
My brother would gag if he heard you found the Agito on the first run. XD

Congrats though, glad you got what you were after.