PDA

View Full Version : Favorite blast badge?

Sega011
Jul 7, 2008, 12:22 AM
I got my beast AF to 20 and got the blast badge of power, but whenever I use it (which is basically when things get rough) I heal up, use it, but since I can't heal in nanoblast, I die... Are there any other blast badges that are good, or is there some way to heal at all?

autumn
Jul 7, 2008, 12:24 AM
There isn't a way to heal during it, but if the people you run with aren't nice enough to drop you a resta / star atomizer you could go with the invincible one.

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 12:24 AM
use the defensive one. I like it a lot. While your attack won't go over 9000, the enemy will almost never kill you.

But remember, Megid kills anything and everything. EVERYTHING.

Even Chuck Norris and Captian Falcon. :razz:

Stryker Diaz
Jul 7, 2008, 12:27 AM
no.... MY MEGID KILLS ANYTHING

>:3

but ya go with the defensive one that way you dont find ure blast being cut short :P

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 12:31 AM
no.... MY MEGID KILLS ANYTHING

>:3

but ya go with the defensive one that way you dont find ure blast being cut short :P

O RLY? :razz: If that's true then we should aim it at SOJ, then maybe they'll notice us a little more. :D

Sega011
Thanks all. I'll give it a try... Going Wartecher on him and am currently Force. I realize the ATA is going to be a problem but I wanted to try a Wartecher with a nanoblast with better magic than a CAST... :)

BIGGIEstyle
But remember, Megid kills anything and everything. EVERYTHING.

Even Chuck Norris and Captian Falcon
That's not true. Chuck Norris is smart enough to use the invincible one so not even Megid kills him!

Anyhow I like power when I'm with a good group, but if my group is a bunch of self-centered jerks I'll switch to the invincible one.

autumn
Jul 7, 2008, 12:32 AM
O RLY? :razz: If that's true then we should aim it at SOJ, then maybe they'll notice us a little more. :D

Definitely this. :D

Sega011
Jul 7, 2008, 12:33 AM
That's not true. Chuck Norris is smart enough to use the invincible one so not even Megid kills him!

Anyhow I like power when I'm with a good group, but if my group is a bunch of self-centered jerks I'll switch to the invincible one.

Switch? I thought you could only switch in the make over room, so you can't necessarily switch on the spot can you?

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks all. I'll give it a try... Going Wartecher on him and am currently Force. I realize the ATA is going to be a problem but I wanted to try a Wartecher with a nanoblast with better magic than a CAST... :)

Since you are a WT, I now highly recommend the Defense badge. After all, WT is the "Defensive" class of PSU.

I sometimes wish my Human WT had a defensive blast badge. :razz:

PS: Aarrgh at the Chuck Norris counter! They'll get him someday... :wacko:

chaoskila
Jul 7, 2008, 12:36 AM
red...
whats the point in being a beast if you dont do a lot of damage.
being anyother than red would be mediocre because of dus majarra.
you die *o noess* so you loose 5k for the scape doll but how much do you do [like zillions]

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 7, 2008, 12:36 AM
Well no, but if you run with the same group a few times and know that nobody will help you out with a heal or two you can always go change it at the makeover shop and return.

And I mainly use the invincible one when I'm soloing because my beast FF does plenty enough damage with his weapons it's nice to have a time period when I'm not taking damage (even though it's shorter)

PS: Aarrgh at the Chuck Norris counter! They'll get him someday...
Not really, because even if he didn't use the invincible blast badge and megid killed him he'd punch the PC/PS2/Xbox so hard that the servers in Japan would explode.

And that's if he played on the US/EU servers.

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 12:49 AM
red...
whats the point in being a beast if you dont do a lot of damage.
being anyother than red would be mediocre because of dus majarra.
you die *o noess* so you loose 5k for the scape doll but how much do you do [like zillions]

well, I can't speak for others, but I stay broke. When you only have 10k in storage, every Scape Doll counts.

And Beast aren't all attack drones. They have the highest HP too (according to PSUpedia.) Hmmm.... when you think about it, a Beast WT is an even better idea: stack high HP on top of Higher HP.

Depends if you are constantly knocked out of your Nanoblast. From another prospective, you should have a lot of HP, considering that you are a Beast WT. It can go any way in this situation.

LOL, now there only seems to be one "useless" blast badge. :D

Stryker Diaz
Jul 7, 2008, 12:55 AM
(useless post)

>>

<<

*takes aim with his megid*

the dreaded jarbas and carrigunes taught me this one!

you know... the ones that are C rank monsters but take out lvl 130's :P

*FIRES AT SOJ*!!

ah crap.... they got 50% armor not recognized by our servers =_=

but ya if u wana be cheap go for def but if u wanna go for it all go for attack badge, its all up to preference really, maybe overtime defense one will do more than attack one... thats if u die attack version that is...

beatrixkiddo
Jul 7, 2008, 12:55 AM
Paradi Cataract

Sega011
Jul 7, 2008, 01:06 AM
Paradi Cataract

Yeah we know SUV > Nanoblast at all times. Thanks for that.

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 01:08 AM
Paradi Cataract

A beast using Paradi Cataract = 4 month ROLLBACK for JPN servers.

1) That'll never happen.
2) It should happen. :D

Bear...
Jul 7, 2008, 04:48 AM
I usually never use beast but imo the invincible beast is the best. Nothing like worry-free burst damage, and it is also good for soloing

Ahkaskar
Jul 7, 2008, 04:59 AM
Invincibility, for sure. It can't be hit by anything (not even megid) and it doesn't last longer than you really need it to. After I got used to it lasting 30 seconds, I realized how 50 seconds was just way too long.

Seority
Jul 7, 2008, 06:14 AM
Attack? Duh?
WTF are the other ones for anyway? Looks?? Psshh.

mvffin
Jul 7, 2008, 07:24 AM
Invincible. Weapons outdamage nano anyways, I just like the 30 second break where I don't have to dodge anything or use trimates.

ashley50
Jul 7, 2008, 07:53 AM
Any color but the Invincinility one.

'cause i like to see those Power Hungry Beasts shrink when they get hit by megid or something that can kill in 1 or 2 hits :)

Pop TaRt
Jul 7, 2008, 09:11 AM
Invincnle thats the whole point of beast

Seority
Jul 7, 2008, 10:20 AM
It's called "dodging".
Get used to it and then your a true beast.
: D

Starrz
Jul 7, 2008, 11:27 AM
Invincible. Weapons outdamage nano anyways, I just like the 30 second break where I don't have to dodge anything or use trimates.

Only Female Beast nanoblast is outdamaged by PAs. :/

Male Adaka Val is unmatched, however.

OP: Stay with Adaka Val, and just get better with using it. Keep trying until you don't die anymore while using it.

chaostroop3
Jul 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
black beast with twin axes! >:3

EMPYREAN
Jul 7, 2008, 01:32 PM
defence.
ther is nothing cooler than a purple beast

Kylie
Jul 7, 2008, 01:35 PM
Most of the time, I don't feel like I need to nanoblast, so any badge other than power seems like a waste of time because it only seems useful as a short burst of kickass-ness. I don't find it too hard to stay alive with it, either, as long as I fully heal before.

Ri0T
Jul 7, 2008, 02:29 PM
Sadly, at least on PC/PS2... not a whole lot of people heal other people. Even techers. Even Acrotechers! I sometimes actually find people without healing capabilities at all heal more often than most techers (with Stars), and that's sad. It's the singular reason why i usually choose not to play my Protranser very much. I'm already throwing meseta around with tons of traps, i don't need to waste a bunch of mates, sols, and scapes on top of that for every run of the day.

When you do run into a techer that actually does their job though, they do it well. On my AT i make sure to stick close to beasts in their nanoblast state, and even closer in boss battles. Alterazgohg can wipe you out pretty fast.

I find the invincible nanoblast to be somewhat annoying (from a support perspective). It's not a big deal, but usually beasts save their nanoblast for the boss, and health can go down pretty fast in those battles. If a beast doesn't heal before using invince, i usually sit there trying to heal him about 3 or 4 times before i realize "oh, stupid me, he's using an invincibility badge and can't be healed". I am actually to blame, since I've never played a Beast character for a very long amount of time as of yet, and don't recognize the nano colors. I only know that red=power. In any case, I don't blame Beasts in the slightest for picking that badge.

...so yeah, if i was you, I would probably do invincibility or defense unless i knew i was going to be running with some decent players somehow. Since you can't change nanoblasts on the fly like SUV's, it seems like your only choice really. Sure, the death might not be a big deal, like some others have said, but taking so much time to charge up your Nano and then have it end prematurely must be a real downer, especially if it happens often.

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 03:52 PM
black beast with twin axes! >:3

LOL, I found a topic that actually has your Black Beast with an axe. There was a legit screenshot too.

Too bad it was a texture glitch. :razz:

S.T.K
Jul 7, 2008, 04:03 PM
Speed Beat is the way to go..

High evasion so u dont get hit that much, decent attack strength.. u might be doin about 700 compared to every 1000 a power beast does..

and u attack speed is a little faster.. i think??
aaand it last longer than all the others

beatrixkiddo
Jul 7, 2008, 04:06 PM
None of the blast badges have a longer duration than any of the others, aside from Invincibility (which has a shorter duration).

DreXxiN
Jul 7, 2008, 04:19 PM
well, I can't speak for others, but I stay broke. When you only have 10k in storage, every Scape Doll counts.

And Beast aren't all attack drones. They have the highest HP too (according to PSUpedia.) Hmmm.... when you think about it, a Beast WT is an even better idea: stack high HP on top of Higher HP.

Depends if you are constantly knocked out of your Nanoblast. From another prospective, you should have a lot of HP, considering that you are a Beast WT. It can go any way in this situation.

LOL, now there only seems to be one "useless" blast badge. :D

Ok dude, if you REALLY don't mind me asking...

How the HELL can you or anyone else that is this poor...BE THIS POOR! A Carraguine ALONE gives you 22k, are you killing a monster a week? So..confused...must..get..answer

Oh, and attack is the only one I can use that won't do less than my PA's XD

chaostroop3
Jul 7, 2008, 04:28 PM
LOL, I found a topic that actually has your Black Beast with an axe. There was a legit screenshot too.

Too bad it was a texture glitch. :razz:

pic plz?

goldbrease
Jul 7, 2008, 05:48 PM
so there is a speed badge=color? power=red invince=gold defence=color?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 7, 2008, 05:52 PM
so there is a speed badge=color? power=red invince=gold defence=color?

http://psupedia.info/Nanoblast#Blast_badges

Red is power
Yellow (gold) is evasion
Purple is defense
Blue is invincibility

ErtaiClou
Jul 8, 2008, 12:38 AM
I'm all over the red and sometimes blue in situations where dying is unacceptable. I think the others make for aesthetics when you can get a party full of beasts with all different colors.

chaoskila
Jul 8, 2008, 12:43 AM
It's called "dodging".
Get used to it and then your a true beast.
: D

exactly
use the red one do alot damage.
take the damage like the big beast meat shield you are.