PDA

View Full Version : hunting rares

fay
Jul 7, 2008, 07:53 AM
ill just use the situation im in for example here. im after the phycho wand. been after it for a while actually.

i always bring 2x NPC because the svaltus at the end of SW seem to kick my but all the time even though im lv 130 =[.

anyway. say my partner machinery kills an enemy. can that enemy still drop the psycho wand or does it have to be to stike the final blow.
if it has to be me then looks like im going in without them from now on. =[

ashley50
Jul 7, 2008, 07:54 AM
it doesn't matter.

Middle
Jul 7, 2008, 08:29 AM
I guess you are a FT ... though ...
dont do Block 4 just Block 1-3 and spam that like hell ...
i casted Megid on small enemies and Diga on Polvohra ...
took me 7-10 mins a run ... after about 500 runs the pwand was mind and i got enough relic-edges and diad to synth it ...

Good luck for your hunt ;)

fay
Jul 7, 2008, 01:13 PM
thanks.
it will probabaly take me more than 500 runs though. im one of those unlucky people.

iv been playing since the winter event. woudl you believe iv never had a route of rare enemys yet...

Turb0
Jul 7, 2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah it doesn't matter how they die, they can still drop it. And if it makes you feel better, my 3 PW hunts took around 66, 32, and 99 runs.

Noblewine
Jul 7, 2008, 02:53 PM
No worries just keep looking, you'll find one eventually.

ErtaiClou
Jul 8, 2008, 12:46 AM
My advice is that although you are 130 you might be a little too specialized. For example, as my newman AT bringing my pm would be a waste at the svaltus mob. That's why I bring two beast npc's, keep them healed so they can blast while I hurl techs from afar. If it's my beast I bring my healing pm and curtz/bruce for more healing combo so I can stay in the fray.

I feel your pain though, I've hunted there two weeks and I still have yet to see a p-wand drop. Ever.

darkante
Jul 8, 2008, 01:21 AM
Yes, he should bring in 2 Beast NPC as meatshields as they are very powerful if properly supported. Particulary the Tonnio and Tylor combo.
Ownage.

ErtaiClou
Jul 8, 2008, 06:48 AM
PM is great and all, but need to remember the situation. Whatever beast you pick, make sure Tonnio is at least one of them.

Zorafim
Jul 8, 2008, 07:50 AM
Make sure you're using the correct section ID. I'll assume you're a greenum?

*ahem*

It shouldn't matter who kills anything, since all monsters drop the same things. As long as the monster dies, and it's in the relics, it has a chance of dropping the board.