PDA

View Full Version : What will be the purpose of all other classes when Masters are released?

dreamcaster0
Jul 7, 2008, 08:15 AM
Other than to level to get to the masters... -_-

ashley50
Jul 7, 2008, 08:17 AM
they got more weapon selection than the masters?

not stuck with 4?

Pop TaRt
Jul 7, 2008, 08:18 AM
You Attack A LOT faster

DarkEliteRico
Jul 7, 2008, 08:18 AM
not everyone wants to be a master class though

fay
Jul 7, 2008, 08:24 AM
has there been any word yet on when it is we get them?

dentRED
Jul 7, 2008, 08:32 AM
fighmaster seams like its not that good at all.... im not looking foward to it, but the other master classes i guess might be worth it.

P.S. im a fF and i love this class the most, but to me fighmaster is not worth it due to the fact that they pretty much lose almost everything.

Ezodagrom
Jul 7, 2008, 08:33 AM
Master classes have a limited weapon selection, lvl 50 photon arts, speed boost, higher pp consumption and limited to S rank only weapons and line shields (can't use A rank or below).
Expert classes have better weapon selection and are not restricted to S rank only weapons and line shield, also have a better pp consumption, and the forte classes have overall better stats than master.
The Master classes weren't made to replace expert classes, they were made to have more variety in classes options. They have pros and cons when compared to expert classes.

Rust
Jul 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
Master classes have a limited weapon selection, lvl 50 photon arts, speed boost, higher pp consumption and limited to S rank only weapons and line shields (can't use A rank or below).
Expert classes have better weapon selection and are not restricted to S rank only weapons and line shield, also have a better pp consumption, and the forte classes have overall better stats than master.
The Master classes weren't made to replace expert classes, they were made to have more variety in classes options. They have pros and cons when compared to expert classes.

This.

Masterclasses =/= Ultimate Pwnzeverythinglolclass.

Seority
Jul 7, 2008, 09:06 AM
This.

Masterclasses =/= Ultimate Pwnzeverythinglolclass.

= Seo happi

LuigiMario
Jul 7, 2008, 09:11 AM

You have a one track mind.

Magician
Jul 7, 2008, 10:02 AM
The Pros:

With the master classes the attack or casting animation is reduced by 30%. Fighmaster uses three Jabrokens in the time that a Fortefighter uses two Jabrokens. The gunmaster speed increase makes shotguns even sechsayier than they already are. Masterforce w/Har Quick casts just as fast as an Acrotecher w/Har Quick, but with level fifty techs.

Cons:

Little variety, the master classes are limited to few weapons. Poorer base stats, the masterclass have poorer stats in most categories, some as low as 25% less than their forte counterparts.

The Answer:

Who'll play forte classes once the master classes are released outside of Japan? Those who love variety in their weapons and/or BIG NUMBARZ from the forte classes' higher stats. But the general rule is...speed kills. The master classes are for those who salivate over DOT (damage over time), count me as one of them.

xRedd206x
Jul 7, 2008, 10:05 AM
Master gunners get extra bullets with the shottys at 41+!!!! which makes me wonder if the fighters get an extra target.

Magician
Jul 7, 2008, 10:10 AM
Master gunners get extra bullets with the shottys at 41+!!!! which makes me wonder if the fighters get an extra target.

Is it confirmed that shotguns get six bullets at 41+?

If so, wow. Crowd control+++

xRedd206x
Jul 7, 2008, 10:18 AM
I guess it is 6

pikachief
Jul 7, 2008, 10:20 AM
Yes I agree with u both! the max bullets for a shotgun is 5!

:D

o wait lol

but seriously its 5

Colonel Mustard
Jul 7, 2008, 10:22 AM
I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I really, really doubt that I am, lol, that if you change to a master class, after you meet the conditions, of course, if you do not like it, the master class, that is, you can, very easily, at the Guardians HQ, change back.

The purpose, in other words, is to have fun.

AlliThePally
Jul 7, 2008, 10:22 AM
I could care less about them I dont like the weapon setups or the level 10 support only on master force

Zorafim
Jul 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
Strategy wise, I can't think of much reason to be a forte class over a master. Considering how limited they are with the weapons they don't specialize in, you may as well have the speed over the power. And it's not like the weapon selection hinders them, they get pretty much everything they need.

xRedd206x
Jul 7, 2008, 10:27 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139097&highlight=master+gunner&page=87

I hope this is a pic of a 41+ shotty and not magic hitting

Magician
Jul 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139097&highlight=master+gunner&page=87

Interesting.

The fairly equal damage on all eight hits in the image suggests 4x2 for shotguns at 41+.

Golto
Jul 7, 2008, 10:59 AM

That's nothing new you can get more than 5 hits with lvl 21 shotgun bullets against the dragons.

CelestialBlade
Jul 7, 2008, 11:13 AM
This is how you win at Fighmaster.

- Buy an Ank Dedda, or a Zagza if you've got the cash.
- Get Anga Jabroga, level it off De Ragan or something
- Buy lots of Freeze Traps
- ????
- Profit

Yeah, no reason to even play any other melee classes. You can make good points about variety, which is why you won't see me messing with Master classes, but most people want the easy way out so you're going to see the above strategy a lot.

Get ready for PSU's variety to take a nosedive.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 7, 2008, 11:23 AM
Staying strong as a GunTecher!
A dying breed it seems, hopefully we'll get some sort of boost with these classes coming out and the WT boost.
It'd be interesting to be a Gunmaster, but at this late in the game, I dont have bullets for half the palette.
Womp womp wommmmp.

Arika
Jul 7, 2008, 11:25 AM
at firstly when master classes are released more than 50% of population went into trying it.
However, from what I see now, there are many people turn back from them into hybridge classes. I still can see a lot of Hybridge classes running around.
AT and PT more than before, FG and GT are still quite many too.
just that it is significant lower on number of forte-classes that are directly affected.
basically, people who alway love hybirdge will still go with the same.
while people who alway love pure-style will go into master classes.

AT,AF,PT get very less effect.

however, please make sure that you understand about most people will all try it when they firstly release.

Rust
Jul 7, 2008, 11:25 AM
- ????
- Profit

This made me lol. :wacko:

Jainsea
Jul 7, 2008, 11:31 AM
Well I can see the Master classes great for solo runs/hunting rares. However
in runs with other people they would be killing things so fast(stuff dies quick already D: )
no one else would be getting exp. I know that would suck if I needed exp and got like only
2k worth because a FM was Tornado Dancing ahead of everyone, then Dus Majarra everything before anyone got there. Forget if there was 2 or more FMs in the party. This only applies to people not near the cap. I'd try one for a bit but honestly I would miss my other weapon
types ;_;

chaostroop3
Jul 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
This is how you win at Fighmaster.

- Eat a muffin and inside finds the GOLDEN BLUEBERRY and get wonka willys muffins factory
- Profit

Yeah, no reason to even play any other melee classes. You can make good points about variety, which is why you won't see me messing with Master classes, but most people want the easy way out so you're going to see the above strategy a lot.

Get ready for PSU's variety to take a nosedive.

fixed

Kumlekar
Jul 7, 2008, 01:02 PM
fighmaster seams like its not that good at all.... im not looking foward to it, but the other master classes i guess might be worth it.

P.S. im a fF and i love this class the most, but to me fighmaster is not worth it due to the fact that they pretty much lose almost everything.
Fight master not good? Have you seen the videos? The speed increase makes their damage potential incredible, especially with swords.
The one I don't understand is gunmaster. The lack of grenade launchers seems crippling for a gunner because of an inability to take down big targets. Perhaps rifle attack speed will make up for it... we'll see.

I'm going fighmaster when it comes out just to get durega to 50. (its at 27 now, I haven't played since the pa "rebalance")

Zorafim
Jul 7, 2008, 01:17 PM
People seem to like shotguns more now, after getting gunmaster. With the six bullets (they do get a sixth bullet, don't they?), they can hit 12 targets on a boss if need be. They're in more danger, since shotguns are close ranged guns, but the damage potential is still there.
As for the knockback, there's still that laser art. I for one am going to use a yohmei laser on my gunmaster palette.

Turb0
Jul 7, 2008, 01:18 PM
Fight master not good? Have you seen the videos? The speed increase makes their damage potential incredible, especially with swords.
The one I don't understand is gunmaster. The lack of grenade launchers seems crippling for a gunner because of an inability to take down big targets. Perhaps rifle attack speed will make up for it... we'll see.

I'm going fighmaster when it comes out just to get durega to 50. (its at 27 now, I haven't played since the pa "rebalance")

Gunmaster not good? Have you seen the videos? Shotguns can be used in situations grenades normally would, and aren't much slower.

AerisZeal
Jul 7, 2008, 01:26 PM

It's real, that is a pic of a shotgun hitting and not magic. Since magic can't hit more than one spot on a monster anyway.

That's nothing new you can get more than 5 hits with lvl 21 shotgun bullets against the dragons.

But this is also true. Shotgun bullets have splash damage +1 in that every bullet can do one more hit to something else/somewhere else on a group of/single monster. So no more than five bullets still for you shotgun crazy people. :wacko:

EMPYREAN
Jul 7, 2008, 01:28 PM
ppl who find the 4 wep limit of the master class boring will eventaly return to what they was be4.
personly im gonna stay FG untill the day comes when they add more weps to the master classes.

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 01:44 PM

A lot of stuff. Since they can only use S ranked goods, I'll never get to truly use those classes. I don't have S rank weapons, let alone armor.

Kylie
Jul 7, 2008, 01:48 PM
they got more weapon selection than the masters?

not stuck with 4?
Yes. I don't plan on using any master class.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 7, 2008, 01:56 PM
They will still shine -.-

Not making them obsolete

panzer_unit
Jul 7, 2008, 02:04 PM
Fighmaster, Gunmaster, or Protranser for team missions depending on what my team needs.
Fortefighter, Fortegunner, or Protranser for solo missions depending on which would get through easiest. I can't see the Master types being particularly good for most missions solo.

Inazuma
Jul 7, 2008, 02:24 PM
AT and PT aside, the non master types are only there to level to 10 so you can become a master type. thats how sonic team designed the game. but dont let that stop you from playing a weaker type if you prefer it. not everyone enjoys killing monsters fast. sometimes it might be more interesting or fun to play as a weaker character.

it all comes down to the player. some wouldnt be caught dead leveling FF or WT past level 10. others will happily play as a level 20 GT. personally, i like to be strong so thats why i prefer MF over FT. but just b/c MF is way the hell better than FT, doesnt mean you cant stick to FT and enjoy the added challenge of being weaker.

my prediction for english version is simple. the players who want to be as powerful as possible will switch to the master types. and the players who enjoy having more weapons available to em, and dont mind being very weak compared to master players, will play as an advanced type.

AT and PT are good for support techs and traps but their killing speed isnt up to master type level. these 2 types are sorta a middle ground area between being either very strong (masters) or very weak (the other advanced types). at least they can bring something unique and useful to the party.

panzer_unit
Jul 7, 2008, 02:34 PM
What about Acrofighter? They've still got the speed boost and completely opposite weapon selection to FM.

Mysterious-G
Jul 7, 2008, 02:36 PM
Fighmaster, Gunmaster, or Protranser for team missions depending on what my team needs.
Fortefighter, Fortegunner, or Protranser for solo missions depending on which would get through easiest. I can't see the Master types being particularly good for most missions solo.

Dunno.
As a Fighmaser I would have no problems at all, onl that I could not use guns. Sure, a little let down in some missions, but it won't mean a thing in most missions. And a Fighmaster finished faster than a Fortefighter for sure. And I can't help it, but I think that goes for most missions.

Sure, a Fighmaster will have problems with onma/dumma, but a Fortefighter will have them, too. A handgun won't kill their wings very fast. But even without a gun Jabroga will end things rather quickly.
Dark Fish/Rol Le... Okay.. Little letdown here.

Little difference for techers here, the lack of bow sucks a bit.

For gunenrs again... I see no real disadvantage.

*shrugs* For me the masterclasses seem better for most situations. Not all, but most.

ashley50
Jul 7, 2008, 02:44 PM
For gunners again... I see no real disadvantage.

the lack of the Grenade Launcher? ;l

panzer_unit
Jul 7, 2008, 02:51 PM
Dunno.
As a Fighmaser I would have no problems at all, onl that I could not use guns. Sure, a little let down in some missions, but it won't mean a thing in most missions. And a Fighmaster finished faster than a Fortefighter for sure. And I can't help it, but I think that goes for most missions.

Sure, a Fighmaster will have problems with onma/dumma, but a Fortefighter will have them, too. A handgun won't kill their wings very fast. But even without a gun Jabroga will end things rather quickly.
Dark Fish/Rol Le... Okay.. Little letdown here.

Little difference for techers here, the lack of bow sucks a bit.

For gunenrs again... I see no real disadvantage.

*shrugs* For me the masterclasses seem better for most situations. Not all, but most.

Fighmaster doesn't get a slicer... those things can be pretty handy for dishing out damage without having to close in on a bunch of dangerous or annoying enemies, especially if you can work some terrain abuse into it. SE2 handgun is enough to deal the more useful statuses too, silence and freeze. A little of that in the right place can mean saving a lot of HP or a lot of time.

A large part of it as well is the PP costs. Especially for Fighmaster I can imagine wasting a lot of time on normal attacks or burning a lot of Photon Charges on PA's if there's a mission that heavily favors a specific element and skill.
Gunmasters, different story... lasers, shotguns, and rifles all have PP to spare even solo as a Fortegunner.
Masterforces... I wouldn't know.

Inazuma
Jul 7, 2008, 02:53 PM
What about Acrofighter? They've still got the speed boost and completely opposite weapon selection to FM.

if you really love 1 handed weps, AF could hold you over until acromaster comes out. but keep in mind, you will be much weaker than FM.

Para
Jul 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
Lack of grenade launcher and no spear to use for those situations when a spear > guns. *cough degahnna*

VetroDrago
Jul 7, 2008, 03:51 PM
I'm pumped for masterforce and somewhat pumped for fighmaster. AT will be very important later with level 50 support, which I'm excited about. I used to not be crazy for master classes until I saw level 50 techs. Seeing about all the techs in uber form makes me want to play my FT more.

Inazuma
Jul 7, 2008, 04:05 PM
Lack of grenade launcher and no spear to use for those situations when a spear > guns. *cough degahnna*

so you dont mind being gimped 98% of the time, as long as you are better than GM 2% of the time? >_>

pikachief
Jul 7, 2008, 04:07 PM
so you dont mind being gimped 98% of the time, as long as you are better than GM 2% of the time? >_>

also if your good enough with a shotgun, their bullets can hit 2 targets each if they're close enough, so a good shot on de ragan can do LOTS of damage :D

OMG MY CLASS ISNT GOOD AGAINST ONE BOSS T_T

CelestialBlade
Jul 7, 2008, 04:53 PM
High-level Fortetechers use Bows? When they have Noszonde and Nosmegid? Weird. Gooooo non-existent ATP and ATA.

Inazuma
Jul 7, 2008, 05:27 PM
High-level Fortetechers use Bows? When they have Noszonde and Nosmegid? Weird. Gooooo non-existent ATP and ATA.

there are a few situations when long bow is better than techs as a FT. however, MF will do better than FT w/ bow in all of those situations except for de rol le/dark falz. nosuzonde/nosumegido get a large boost going from lv 40 to 50. 30% more added to the damage mod plus 10% elemental. also, they stay visible on the screen no matter how far away they go. i think they might also travel faster, but im not sure.

gryphonvii
Jul 7, 2008, 05:49 PM
The following is what I plan to do with my characters.

I'll make my cAST a gunmaster, and my beast a fighgunner to maximize my bullet usage, don't really feel like going fighmaster, it doesn't interest me.

I might go masterforce sometime down the line on my newman.

I'll keep my human an acrotecher to use lv 50 support, since I use daggers and sabers alot on my human I'll be able to keep most of my attack spells on my masterforce while keeping maybe foie and ra-barta or a gi-type spell on my acrotecher for the occasion, because I'll have more powerful spells on my masterforece.

This is what I plan to have done within a month of the release of the master classses. It will allow me to make use of the Pa's that I have spent a long time leveling as well as use all the weapons I have spent time and money into aquiring.

RemiusTA
Jul 7, 2008, 08:25 PM

The same purpose as they are now..

...unless you're a Fortetecher, now you are no longer the nuking class, if thats what you wanted to be.

Dont be fooled by the name. "MASTER" class is most likely called that because it has a very, VERY limited weapon selection and requires S-ranks of those weapons.

If anything, they are the "MASTER"s of a certian group of weapons or playstyle. But they are by no means without weaknesses.

Mwabwetumba
Jul 7, 2008, 11:10 PM
I'm most likely going to stay as a ForteFighter with my main. Even though I primarily use Swords, Spears and Axes quite frequently I wouldn't like to be without my trusty Saber/Handgun combination as well as my Twin Sabers. ForteFighter also sounds alot better than FighMaster, IMO.

I don't want to lose my BIG NUMBARZ either. :p

LuigiMario
Jul 7, 2008, 11:28 PM
:) :) :):) :)

LuigiMario
Jul 7, 2008, 11:49 PM
I'm most likely going to stay as a ForteFighter with my main. Even though I primarily use Swords, Spears and Axes quite frequently I wouldn't like to be without my trusty Saber/Handgun combination as well as my Twin Sabers. ForteFighter also sounds alot better than FighMaster, IMO.

I don't want to lose my BIG NUMBARZ either. :p

It took a group of Fighmasters only to take out Dimma in 5 seconds.

EMPYREAN
Jul 8, 2008, 03:33 AM

and where is the fun in that?

Macras
Jul 8, 2008, 03:44 AM

after he finally landed?

autumn
Jul 8, 2008, 04:28 AM
Master classes are good in some ways, bad in others just like every other type. For the time being I'd rather be a good base class like fortefighter or fortegunner (sometimes great A ranks are better then low quality S ranks and the good S ranks are super expensive) then a really shoddy master type. The exception to that is masterforce which I want so I can throw my buffs out the window and press the damage spells up over 40. But then I have good S rank force gear.

Danny_Dark
Jul 8, 2008, 06:01 AM
Hmm...Masterclasses, I try it Myself to find out how usefull they are...

SEGAC: Because Good Business is an Oximoron for Us.

shadowsniper6
Jul 8, 2008, 07:57 AM
can fighmaster use a stormline?
you need fortefighter and fighgunner to 10 right?
figunners can use stormline so can a fighmaster? or no

Mysterious-G
Jul 8, 2008, 08:20 AM
after he finally landed?

As if he would have had the time to fly once.

darkante
Jul 8, 2008, 09:14 AM
after he finally landed?
I doubt he had the time to even take off, from what i understand he said.

Zorafim
Jul 8, 2008, 09:17 AM
Tornado Dash to him, JA a jabroga. Dead within six seconds, no time for flying.

Llord Bacchus
Jul 8, 2008, 09:35 AM
are they leveling the overall caps too when they release the masters? - also, will they be releasing some tougher bosses/runs? - seems like if they release the masters in the current environment they would basically tear everything to shreds and would not be any of a challenge ...

Mwabwetumba
Jul 8, 2008, 09:41 AM

Well, I'll take heart in the fact that I've kept my BIG NUMBARZ.

BIG NUMBARZ!

LuigiMario
Jul 8, 2008, 09:46 AM
You're just dying to give the newbies a heart attack. ;)

Mwabwetumba
Jul 8, 2008, 09:49 AM
You got that right, hahahaha. :)

Tiyr
Jul 8, 2008, 09:56 AM
If you play any of the three Forte classes, I can see why this would be a no-brainer in a lot of ways. For anyone playing a hybrid class it means completely abandoning the playstyle you currently have.

Personally, I like being versatile. Don't get a lot of enjoyment out of spamming the same two PAs all day and giggling like a five year old and the numbarz. That, and most of the weapons I use aren't even represented in any of the master classes. So I'll be sticking with my FG and GT.

And oh no! I'll be weaker than masters in a game that's already far, far too easy!

LuigiMario
Jul 8, 2008, 10:00 AM
I do every class. I have weapons for every class. Palletes for every class.....Except Fortetecher. WT was my 1st class since HU, RA and FO classes.

Bman40
Jul 8, 2008, 10:30 AM
the purpose of a fortegunner, hmmm let me think about that, o yeah KICKING MORE ASS THAN A GUNMASTER EVER WILL!

Kizeragi
Jul 8, 2008, 11:21 AM
the purpose of a fortegunner, hmmm let me think about that, o yeah KICKING MORE ASS THAN A GUNMASTER EVER WILL!

I lol'd at this.

LuigiMario
Jul 8, 2008, 12:30 PM
the purpose of a fortegunner, hmmm let me think about that, o yeah BEING A GUNMASTERS MANSLAVE!

fIXED