PDA

View Full Version : Corruption Hotline?

AzureBlaze
Jan 27, 2003, 01:22 AM
It's confirmed, this double save is a death sentance waiting to happen for anyone who goes online. For each of the people who visit this site and post about it, there are probably 10 more who are affected elsewhere.

So...what do WE do? On the Dreamcast, there was the customer help line where you could talk to a real person. There were so many PSO related calls, that they finally added an extra part to the initial menue just for PSO. This does not seem to be the case any more.

We have to speak up to somebody about this. Where is the best place to do it? The PSO area of sega.com does have a 'contact' option, which I already used. I asked if I should cancel my liscence, and when/what is being done to correct the problem.

I am not paying 9.00/mo. to hide offline in fear of a -very likely- corruption, and also to miss out on exclusive short-term online quests (if they don't fix it before the FC next event)

Is this happening to JPs as well? As much as I dislike saying it, usually trouble only hits home for ST when it starts messing with the JPs, or if a zillion USA/Can/EU people start railing on them.

Could this be a thread for Customer Service directions, and for posting any responses anyone gets about the situation? Surely, there is something we can do.

In my opinion it's worse then NOL, PK, Block-kill, Dupe, or RSOD. It's random, you can't stop it, everything is at stake, and, if it happens to enough people repeatedly, wouldn't you think it has the power to bring down PSO? No one wants to pay and play something they can't win.

dvs69
Jan 27, 2003, 02:48 AM
I agree, although i dont own a gamecube, i have been screwed over in dreamcast version a lot almost too many times. I think that you guys should make a petition although they never follow through, its worth a shot. too many people on these forums complaining about their corrupted chars its unbelieveable

CajunSamurai
Jan 27, 2003, 02:54 AM
I assume Sonic Team is working on it as we speak (I HOPE), but hey, some kind of petition can't hurt...
Best bet would be to avoid online play with any characters on a memory card you care about until it's cleared up, though. :/

abrader
Jan 27, 2003, 08:02 AM
On 2003-01-26 22:22, AzureBlaze wrote:
It's confirmed, this double save is a death sentance waiting to happen for anyone who goes online.

Was your file corrupted?

Or are you just being paranoid...?

_cAbLe_
Jan 27, 2003, 11:07 AM
Sounds like paranoia to me...

AzureBlaze
Jan 27, 2003, 04:12 PM
Actually, I was corrupted.

But it wasn't due to the stupid doublesave FSOD thing. I got hit with a power out during a save when I was stepping away from the tekker's booth. I do use a Back-UPS on my TV and Cube, but it didn't catch it. I lost 125, 75 and 26 lv. chars. I am currently trying to rebuild everything I lost.

However...I do not feel like loosing everything I managed to get back. Nor do I feel that any of the posts here from people who lost everything they owned are paranoia. Also, this problem has made the front page news of this site, so there must be something to it, although I did not experiance it myself. Apparently, it is not something that happens to every char. every time they join a game/sign on. Some people get lucky for a while and don't have it happen. But the risk is there and something must be done.
I know what they are going through and it is serious heck.