PDA

View Full Version : whats your pet peeves?

gryphonvii
Jul 7, 2008, 07:57 PM
So everyone has something in this game that really annoys them, either a mission, or a party leader, or some idiot posting random threads. Post your pet peeve in this thread to let it out. Here is mine.
Earlier today I noticed a parade of final fantasy and naruto names. I couldn't spend 2 minutes in a lobby without seeing an uchiha or hinata, or cloud. I also find it annoying when they have such overplayed names and don't even go with the characters, if you pay tribute go all the way.

omegapirate2k
Jul 7, 2008, 08:03 PM
Easily offended people.

strikershadow
Jul 7, 2008, 08:04 PM
So everyone has something in this game that really annoys them, either a mission, or a party leader, or some idiot posting random threads. Post your pet peeve in this thread to let it out. Here is mine.
Earlier today I noticed a parade of final fantasy and naruto names. I couldn't spend 2 minutes in a lobby without seeing an uchiha or hinata, or cloud. I also find it annoying when they have such overplayed names and don't even go with the characters, if you pay tribute go all the way.

True that! I saw a Dante... and he was a short and black with an afro wearing some god knows outfit AND a fortetecher too...

My biggest pet peave would probably be that. second would be the guys playing chich characters tying to cyber on uni 2 >.>

third pet peave would be the beggers bugging for meseta... I HATE that. I wish I could shoot them in the face, take a picture (cant tho on PS2) and we can start a "begging for Meseta?" thread and post pictures of it LOL.

Indica
Jul 7, 2008, 08:06 PM
Sometimes people who run ahead of the party and the same people who usually wear the wrong Armor Element and I have to keep healing them, which I usually dont.

People who join a random party and start listing items they are selling, LOL, that is so annoying.

Golto
Jul 7, 2008, 08:07 PM
When people call types jobs/classes. This isn't some FF game.
When people still can't understand this a game made by JPNs for JPNs. Ps2 is still a viable platform in JPN so get over it.

Weeaboolits
Jul 7, 2008, 08:07 PM
True that! I saw a Dante... and he was a short and black with an afro wearing some god knows outfit AND a fortetecher too...Dante isn't a terribly rare name, though, my brother has a friend who's named it.

Also, it kind of irks me when someone calls a force a mage. I know it's basically the same thing anyway, but it still bugs me.

Zabrio
Jul 7, 2008, 08:12 PM
True that! I saw a Dante... and he was a short and black with an afro wearing some god knows outfit AND a fortetecher too...

My biggest pet peave would probably be that. second would be the guys playing chich characters tying to cyber on uni 2 >.> (i agree and when random people go up to my female character PMing me to cyber just cuase the character is female doesn't mean the person is >>)

third pet peave would be the beggers bugging for meseta... I HATE that. I wish I could shoot them in the face, take a picture (cant tho on PS2) and we can start a "begging for Meseta?" thread and post pictures of it LOL.

this and people who think this game is for americans only i hate when people start yelling at people who speak another language (saw this alot during mag >>) i mean come on most of the people who have PSU that i have met are in europe

strikershadow
Jul 7, 2008, 08:14 PM
Dante isn't a terribly rare name, though, my brother has a friend who's named it.

Also, it kind of irks me when someone calls a force a mage. I know it's basically the same thing anyway, but it still bugs me.

I thought the same thing too, until he told me he was Dante from Devil May Cry... he said he couldnt "find" a jacket to suite him tho... So I guess since he couldnt find a jackets hes gonna play a black afro techer and say hes from Devil May Cry... THATS what bugs me LOL
(It would have been cool if it was just a name with a cool look cause he looked really cool)

Kinako78
Jul 7, 2008, 08:39 PM
When people still can't understand this a game made by JPNs for JPNs. Ps2 is still a viable platform in JPN so get over it.

Amen to that.

And to the OP: Someone actually made Hinata? Sweet! I would've expected it to be nothing but Narutos and Sasukes. -_-

Pop TaRt
Jul 7, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hwite beast annoys the crap out of me

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
For me, its when a person has a really dumb name. I mean extremely dumb name. I won't name any names because I think that's the forum rules, but I mean some of them are just really dumb.

If your name says: don't respect me, then how can I take you seriously?

I can't. Sorry. But I haven't seen anyone from PSOWorld specifically that had a name that bothered me. :D

Anduril
Jul 7, 2008, 08:50 PM
I hate it when people start yelling at each other about being a "n00b" or about how they are so much better than everyone else, and everyone else's opinion is worthless.
Also when guys randomly hit on girl characters without asking if it is really a guy or not. Ex: A guy came into my room as I was synthing some stuff, then he says: "You're cute." "I love you." I proceed to tell him "I'm a guy." He then says "BICH!" and leaves the room, I assume feeling embarrassed he was hitting on a guy.
And an in-game pet peeve not related to people is when suddenly the enemy AI kicks it up 10 notches, like when for 3 consecutive runs Fakis hardly attacks, then suddenly he attacks non-stop taking out half of your scape dolls before you can react.

autumn
Jul 7, 2008, 08:51 PM
People who run out of buff range in the middle of being buffed.
People who go into random parties and 'call' items.
People who are sore if they don't recv the rare drop and harass the person who did about it.
Those who haven't yet realized this isn't PSO
People with level 1 buffs who buff over level 21 or 31 buffs even after being told about it
Jabroga and tornado dance (these skills drive me nuts)

gryphonvii
Jul 7, 2008, 08:53 PM
Amen to that.

And to the OP: Someone actually made Hinata? Sweet! I would've expected it to be nothing but Narutos and Sasukes. -_-

oh yeah, I've seen a few hinata teches and one fighgunner, one actually has the full name of hinata hyuga.
*her last name is a psu characters first name*
that must've been a sign to make hinata

Kylie
Jul 7, 2008, 08:56 PM
Uptight people
Know-it-alls
Annoying people
People that make really incredible mistakes
Selfish people

Etc. Pretty much just people I don't like, but I can tolerate a good bit.

Noblewine
Jul 7, 2008, 08:58 PM
*Slackers
*People who run ahead then come back with a mob following behind. .
*PSO vets who wish PSU would be closed down. <.<
*Players that look at your equipment then bug you about it.

((....gotta love the blacklist option...))

pikachief
Jul 7, 2008, 09:01 PM
This:

"Your dagger isn't worth anything it sux, its horrible, and it looks stupid!"

But its as strong as a 7 grinded halp and 34% dark, its most likely the best dark dagger in the game :(

"But its still a worthless dagger i'd never buy it"

"But im doing 1000's as a lvl 70 lvl9 AF on 2-3 enemies at once really fast and got offered over 145 mil for it :( "

"Doesn't matter it still sux! Horrible weapon and it bieng worth anything over 100 mil is jsut their opinion"

ok >.>

i've gotten this a lot lately, and its not like im showing it off, im just using it and they start asking questions :(

Ken_Silver
Jul 7, 2008, 09:05 PM
*Slackers
*People who run ahead then come back with a mob following behind.
*PSO vets who wish PSU would be closed down. <.<
*Players that look at your equipment then bug you about it.

((....gotta love the blacklist option...))

That's a funny one. I haven't seen that one before. I imagine it being hilarious though. The first time, that is. :)

AerisZeal
Jul 7, 2008, 09:21 PM
This:

"Your dagger isn't worth anything it sux, its horrible, and it looks stupid!"

But its as strong as a 7 grinded halp and 34% dark, its most likely the best dark dagger in the game :(

"But its still a worthless dagger i'd never buy it"

"But im doing 1000's as a lvl 70 lvl9 AF on 2-3 enemies at once really fast and got offered over 145 mil for it :( "

"Doesn't matter it still sux! Horrible weapon and it bieng worth anything over 100 mil is jsut their opinion"

ok >.>

i've gotten this a lot lately, and its not like im showing it off, im just using it and they start asking questions :(

Now I'm curious what dagger it is... lol

chaoskila
Jul 7, 2008, 09:24 PM
well my pet peve in real life is that all people think asians have small D*****
in psu its when someone else gets the rare i want lol

pikachief
Jul 7, 2008, 10:12 PM
Now I'm curious what dagger it is... lol

Amure tip :/

Right now im doing 300 more damage than my halp serafi 6/10 at white beast.

and for a dagger even 100 more damage is a lot lol

VetroDrago
Jul 7, 2008, 10:38 PM
I'll try to cover all of mine. Here goes:

People who call megistar selfish
People who buff over my megistar
When party members skip a room and you have to solo when everyone is too weak to solo
Bashing of types
Afking without saying something beforehand
People who insult others (in game and on here)
People who complain about my FT not using buffs (he's all offense and my AT handles the buffs)
People who are dicks (there's alot of them lol)
Elitism
Main one is being interrupted while using a pa
That's all I can think of for now

AlliThePally
Jul 7, 2008, 10:46 PM
People who think White Beast is the only mission in the game.

When Items never sell when you need them too >>

When the game gives you all the setups to get a ram map of monsters except for the very last one in block three :p

SuperChoco
Jul 7, 2008, 10:58 PM
People who only use one type of weapon
When goldania NEVER drops to me(still have an unsynted DAGGERS of Serafi :/)
People that you invite to bruce and have no clue what to do and dont ask
Items never sell.
That's all for me.

Gunslinger-08
Jul 7, 2008, 11:34 PM
Players who are way too uptight in general.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 7, 2008, 11:38 PM
PS2 load times.
Nothing like switching to your wand for a quick resta and BAM, you gotta wait for your precious Wand v2.0 to load the damn thing.
:c

VectormanX
Jul 8, 2008, 12:01 AM
Clearing rooms and everyone leaves the key - This is more silly than anything :p

Picking up EVERYTHING - Nothing like being 60/60 when something tasty drops and it skips you and you don't realize it until its TOO LATE

Making the bears spin - self explanatory

I want it frozen, NO I want to burn it - Make up your freakin mind here peoples

Bashing a particular class without playing it - Try it, you just might like it!

Majarra, Redda, Gravity break, Spiral , Absolute dance and Renzan - love them PAs to death but when i see 0 on that last hit, i want to flip the table sometimes..

Stryker Diaz
Jul 8, 2008, 12:45 AM
kk here are mine
-------------------------
When I find run with friends and I find a rare and they get it and they want to split money instead of just letting me have it even though I let them have whatever they want.

When I find something good and random person harasses me.

When people dont buy my stuff -_- cmon people its as cheap as its gonna get.

When I see a Sauske(or any anime character in general)

KNOW IT ALLS! omg they are everywhere on these forums I swear, I can post a comment with a tiny mistake without them pointing it out through several posts -_-

Greedy people

Jarba xD personal problem :P

People who get mad when I overbuff to keep the buff going continuously(seriously people its best in the long run)

and last but not least

WB FF runners, Protranser runners. I swear ive never seen so many Ank Dedda's in my life.

Jainsea
Jul 8, 2008, 12:58 AM
-over priced crap in player shops.

-people comparing PSU to PSO all the time =_=

-random people calling items as soon as they join your party.

-people who go afk outside lobby and come in just in time for boss drops >.>

-people who go afk without letting anyone know.

-people hitting on my characters :T

Darklighter
Jul 8, 2008, 01:40 AM
Getting kicked from random parties for just entering(use a damn password fools).

Most anyone in UNI 1 and everyone on the 4th floor of the guardians colony.

People who compain how others play(unless of course the person is just running around ignoring the enemy and trying to tea bag you all stage, then complain).

People who take the game way too serious and think if your not doing everything just right(well acording to them anyways) you suck.

Anyone that picks up kerseline.

As for just game stuff not getting ok rares at least once in awhile bugs me.

Monsters that shoot magic(megid in paticular) annoy me.

White Beast annoys me, the stage in general not that lots of people play it(if they like it fine more power to em).

S.T.K
Jul 8, 2008, 01:48 AM
People who bash WTs even thought they have NEVER even tried it

when you cant find a party anywhere except for white beast

people who get pissed when you pick up synth mats u might need.(Ex: vulcaline, junaline, etc)

MEGID!1

people who complain about PSU, but still play it ALL THE TIME

Greedy friends who expect u to give them whatever they want/need for free

HoLyFiNcH
Jul 8, 2008, 02:53 AM
white beast spam when theres other missions out there that are needed to be ran to devalue overpriced items/ weapons...

buff issues: people who run ahead while im buffing| people who start boss portal while i am or somebody else is buffing| people who overwrite my buffs with weaker ones, or in better words, debuffs everybody...

people who are told to turn of their mic but continue leaving it on when: they're either having an asthma attack into it or playing loud music/ singing horribly..(sorry but if you can't sing, either get lessons or don't sing at all. or better yet, just mute yourself while on psu)

s+10 stalker uppers who have made millllionnzz unlegitly and now think they're all bad cuz they have all 50% 10/10 weaps..i vote all those people get a personal rollback from anything that those glitched grinders got them...

the people who hit on every female newman/ human they see...

"need money(cuz white beast spam is only roughly 50k on S a run while i sit here at pavillion air lobby for 2 hours asking for 30k)"

people who boot at rare spawns/ drops / boss box's...

SPAM!

people who are incapable of getting along with others...

people that pick up every single item that appears on their screen. love being skipped when something good comes up :(

and lastly, the people that join parties for rares, then split as soon as the party ends...

(lol i sound very irritable, but you'll find that i'm actually a very friendly person to run with if you ever get a chance) :D

Iduno
Jul 8, 2008, 03:52 AM
Idiots who cant password their party and just boot.

Voice lag.

Singers.

Idiots who will stand on the spot and take all attacks coming at them until they die. (yes i've met one)

Fortewhippers.

shadowsniper6
Jul 8, 2008, 08:17 AM
getting booted for no reasons (they invite me then 2 rooms later i get booted ..its just me and the other person...)

when your PA is at 39 99% and you finish the mission....

(when somebody downloads dirty pictures and you die in the mission cause your item lags ....)

when techers complain about not getting exp......

when your xbox360 does not read PSU......

AND when the warranty runs out the day your xbox messes up

you can't hear people in the party

darkante
Jul 8, 2008, 09:11 AM
Letīs see here...

People claiming rares, even though they havenīt listed it in the party name or comment.
Itīs annoying and i donīt obey to anything that isnīt listed already upon join.
So even though they claimed it and i get it and is very rare...good bye peps..im off. :P
Their stupidty is their downfall.

Anyway on to the next one..

Everytime there is a big event, people always boot people because of not having maybe lv 100 rofl...i have seen many great PT and FG alike with the lv 80 mark..so some are really stupid to think that 10 levels is gonna make a huge difference..skill > status strength.

Next one..

Little girl characters with huge breast? *Pukes*

And next one..

People who donīt bring Scape Dolls with them in mission with good money drops and MP rewards.
Seriously, itīs fricking annoying to miss out on MP just because they are too cheap to buy them and then dies frequently and sometimes leaves lobby to get "revived"...damn noobs...

Turb0
Jul 8, 2008, 09:14 AM
+1 on the grinder glitch and everyone that benefited monetarily from it. I also agree with whoever said people on the 4th floor...seriously I can't run from the 5th floor straight to another planet without seeing demolike spam.

Something I've been doing lately if I don't feel like doing any missions is just sitting in the white beast lobby and doing crap on my computer. Something that's annoyed me for a while, but more so in the past few days while doing this is some certain people who can't type a message without bragging about their stuff or putting others down. The people I'm talking about also like to say everything in public chat just to show off more even though they're probably in a party.

People who don't use passwords and just kick you as soon as you join suck.

People who complain about everyone running white beast, and then turn around and refuse to do the spotlighted mission because it's "only there to make us feel like we're getting content." :roll:

Rust
Jul 8, 2008, 09:37 AM
People who are trying to find logic in my actions.

People telling me to stop talking in my language while they don't even know how to write theirs properly.

How PSU chat system is annoying with tiny message size (I usually never manage to write a full sentence without using at least two mails to do so) and how it always forces me to use the Ctrl+Enter option if I don't want to see those odd and ugly cuts in the words I'm typing. Oh, yeah, and the censor... Can't even say I'm going to take a shower to my friends without being censored.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 8, 2008, 10:07 AM
EDIT: I might give ideas to ppl.. to annoy me >>

PS. it seems someone got jealous of my SIG. Alright Ill make it lower REZ or something...sorry im not a computer techy.

panzer_unit
Jul 8, 2008, 10:19 AM
people who suck at their own jobs and talk about it like they know it at all

people leveling techs like idiots in a full team... if you're going to use a low-lv tech at least pick one that's 1) effective at tagging 2) maybe has the right element or SE 3) doesn't kill you three times a block

using an awesome melee weapon very badly... wrong PA, neutral or wrong element

people asking for money on email, offering to give me items worth an equal amount of meseta... no I don't want your garbage that won't sell in a shop

Llord Bacchus
Jul 8, 2008, 10:42 AM
not being able to hear good friends because of connection issues (not really a psu thing but it is annoying when you can only talk to a good friend via voice message)

hunting for a rare map and getting it only to have the wrong spawn on the very last room (i'm looking at you desert goliath - lol)

youngsters that don't bring scapes to the party - seriously, you make enough in this game to keep yourself fully stocked on those at all times

lack of buff parties anymore - jeez guys, i know they rebalanced and all, but it would still be nice to level them up a little quicker too

getting a rare map and not having any good rares drop

beggars - just cuz i have 20 mill on me doesn't mean its for you

psu message filter - why in the world is the word help considered "bad"

seeing a mob of creatures line up perfectly for barta and then watching them all go flying away from some "knock-back" pa art as i cast the ice stream

Zabrio
Jul 8, 2008, 10:43 AM
People who after they agree to letting you have an item get it and run off (leave party) even though they joined last second >>

Cracka_J
Jul 8, 2008, 10:52 AM
* People that will not contribute to the party.
* People that do not announce they are going afk.
* People that are closed minded to all ideas/points of view except their own.
* Non-techer types that don't have sols/stars in palette.
* Techers with 1 lvl 40 spell that continue to spam that spell.
* Regrants spam.
* Calling rares in open random parties.
* WB.
* Beggars.
* People who think hours logged into a game/game forum dictate social status.
* Carnies.

darkante
Jul 8, 2008, 10:55 AM
Ohh yeah forgot to mention.
I despise Tornado Dance spammers mostly because they blow everything away so i have to chase them all the time.
If i were leader, i would say that he either choose to only use it on big enemies and bosses or i kick his ass.

Ethateral
Jul 8, 2008, 11:04 AM
When your items don't sell when you need them too.
People begging me for money.
People asking to trade for my weapons and armours that are on MY pallette. >_>;
Annoying people.
Idiots.
People who hit on me just because I'm a girl that uses her mic. -.-
People who teabag my characters in the lobbies. =/ Little 12-year-olds just getting excited.
People that think they know everything, when it's proven to their faces that they're wrong, but they insists they are right, lol.
Getting canceled during a PA.
People who debuff my buffs. =.=
Golmoros! They move too much! >:O
When I can't find something that I need for synthing or have been hunting for for countless months.
White Beast.
Closed-minded people.
Tornado Dance Spammers...

There's more no doubt just... Can't think of any more currently. :P

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 11:06 AM
Hmm, pet peeves? Let's see...

-Elitism
-People that think they are too good for anything except 50% weapons across the board.
-Players that don't know how to play their jobs/players that simply act retarded during missions.
-Being critiqued for making any minor mistake unwillingly without a chance to explain that it was indeed a mistake.
-People who put others down for stupid reasons. I'm sorry, but not everyone can have uber weapons with capped PAs across the board, with max meseta to boot.
-Strangers calling dibs on items. With friends, it's okay.
-MP/Item Leechers AKA People who afk without saying anything and proceed to get loot and MP without doing a damn thing.

Man, I could honestly keep going with this, but I'll stop there for now. So yeah, I pretty much dislike the vast majority of the PSU population, except for the maybe 10% of cool people that I've met. xD

Cracka_J
Jul 8, 2008, 11:23 AM
People who teabag my characters in the lobbies. =/ Little 12-year-olds just getting excited.

I found it's even better when you return the favor, or run behind them with the gangbang animation. Getting teabagged/gangbanged by a female newman is just, well, weird.....(to put it mildly).

Ethateral
Jul 8, 2008, 11:27 AM
I found it's even better when you return the favor, or run behind them with the gangbang animation. Getting teabagged/gangbanged by a female newman is just, well, weird.....(to put it mildly).

Ah yeah, I tend to more than likely just get up, move around while they're still trying to teabag my newman, then run into a mission. If I'm lucky, they'll give up, lol. I suppose it would be weird to see a newman female returning the favour. Though, that would just excite them even more probably. D:

Brainwrecked
Jul 8, 2008, 12:03 PM
People who constantly AFK (if you have RL stuff to take care of, take care of it)
People who spend more non-AFK-time in lobbies/rooms than doing missions
People who emo when something good happens to someone else
People who emo when someone does one little thing wrong
Males who can't pull their noses out of an actual female's ass
People who beg for meseta
People who beg for lower shop prices when I've already done the comparison shopping
People who join parties and would rather look at your stats/equipment than fight

sikotic_demon
Jul 8, 2008, 01:43 PM

-Elitism
-People that think they are too good for anything except 50% weapons across the board.
-Players that don't know how to play their jobs/players that simply act retarded during missions.
-Being critiqued for making any minor mistake unwillingly without a chance to explain that it was indeed a mistake.
-People who put others down for stupid reasons. I'm sorry, but not everyone can have uber weapons with capped PAs across the board, with max meseta to boot.

i agree with all of this

also another annoying thing is trying to find a party ouside white beast, and the immature little teen punks that think cause they have all the time in the world to play this game that makes them better.... sorry i dont have parents that pay for everything for me i gotta work and pay my own way.

i think that about sums it up

Inazuma
Jul 8, 2008, 02:47 PM
- being discouraged to play w/ others unless they can kill monsters about the same speed as me, or faster.
- synthing and grinding
- players who dont buff themselves
- players who purposely play as a weak char such as a non-techer female newman. you mite think you look really cute w/ those elf ears, but all i can see is wasted potential.
- it sure would be nice if we could set an auto reply message for mail, to let others know we are afk. pso did this and it was very useful.
- and lastly, seeing many players go out of their way to break the same few boxes. it only takes 1 person to break the box and pick up the item ok? there have been far too many times i see the entire party go after the same few boxes/items.

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2008, 03:18 PM
- People that try to act cool by being dicks to showoff to e-girls that are mostly dewds in real life and when you shut them up they come back with a mini club thats all againts you D:
-"segacs" incompetence
- people that always expect you to play how they want not understaning its just a game it may be a "n00b" move to run in without buffs but it doesnt really matter since this games so easy anyway but thats only 1 example
-people that think their characters pixels are worth biching over when they get e-humped or something
-manwhores that actually take e-love seriously and treat everyone else around them that has a sausage on their character like shit

Sidney
Jul 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
* People who demand everyone have scape dolls, even though there is no death penalty anymore. Moons are cheaper, and I'll gladly just use Giresta on you if you're down. I'd rather save my meseta for other things.

* People who demand that your race only stick to it's "proper" class. It's a videogame, so it's meant to have fun: do whatever floats your boat. If you want to play a CAST techer or a Newman fortefighter, you go for it and have a blast! This game is too easy anyway, and I'm all for those who want a challenge to spice up the game. Plus, CASTs look awesome with techer weapons!

* Elitists. They don't seem to realize being the "BEST [insert class here] ON PSU!" makes them a pretty big loser in the real world. They need to drop the holier-than-thou act and just chill and have fun. I'm not going to be any nicer to you or respect you more just because you have all maxed PAs and a palette full of Pwands or 50% axes.

* Hunters who demand to have their status effects cured immediately, but then cannot bear to pop an occasional sol-atomizer when the techer is frozen/asleep.

lantis-zagato
Jul 8, 2008, 03:28 PM
what bothers me is when i am in a party and people drop the n bomb which is quite frequently. i was in back to back parties earlier where this happened. i left one party after 3 minutes because of 2 people who used the word constantly even though it was in a non derogatory way. joined a new party right away and the same thing happened. N.... this N... that. it's just not something i want to hear while i play games

Kerry157
Jul 8, 2008, 03:28 PM
lolis

Bear...
Jul 8, 2008, 03:29 PM
half of the people playing this game.

Tyreek
Jul 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
Lets see, where do I start..?

1: People who AFK, for the duration of the whole mission.
2: People who boot you because they didn't password their game. (Set Password is there for a reason idiots! And it would be appropriate to ask someone to leave first wouldn't it?)
3: DCing/Crashing. This is my personal problem ftm.
4: People complaining about about White Beast, yet I still see them play.
5: Someone who profits off of my hard work. AKA some idiot who pops up while I solo a mission all the way near the end then taking a valuable rare that my friend wanted and leaving. Not only was this the worst thing that happened to me, two of the same rare dropped, and he took them both! And I would've gladly let him have one. (This did happen to me in MAG. I'm gonna blacklist the sucker the moment I see him.) The worst time to not have Set Password on.
6: Bruce's agressive AI in Bruce's Dungeon. (When I run away, I EXPECT YOU TO FOLLOW ME!)
7: Not having any of my rares sell. I had stuff sitting in my shop for months. And nobody decides to buy anything.
8: People who come into my shop, then leave. Apparently if they came to my shop, they could've saw one of my items in the price list.
9: My synths failing when their % is above 50%.
10: (Hasn't happen to me, but I'll add it anyway.) People who harass you about a valuable item you got. I'd blacklist the next person who did that Stryker Diaz. ;)

Thats about it for me. 5 is probably my most heaviest peeve.

Inazuma
Jul 8, 2008, 04:27 PM

5: Someone who profits off of my hard work. AKA some idiot who pops up while I solo a mission all the way near the end then taking a valuable rare that my friend wanted and leaving. Not only was this the worst thing that happened to me, two of the same rare dropped, and he took them both! (This did happen to me in MAG. I'm gonna blacklist the sucker the moment I see him.) The worst time to not have Set Password on.

first off, if you didnt want others to join your party, you should have set a password. you cant blame someone from joining an open party. have you ever joined an open party before? if so, that would make you a hypocrite.

you say he took both items. does that mean you had items to set give finder and he was quicker in grabbing them? thats how psu is played when items are set to give finder. its a race for the rares. you wanted the rares yourself and would have done the exact same thing he did, if you were faster. once again, hypocrite.

if items were set to random and he happened to get em both due to luck, why would you blacklist over that? its not like that player hacked item distribution so he would get the rares. he got em fair and square. you had the exact same chance at getting those rares too. do you blacklist every player you see who gets an item due to random distribution? have you ever gotten an item from random distribution? i hope you make sure to drop the item on the ground if that ever were to happen, or else that would make you a hypocrite once again.

Hiroko
Jul 8, 2008, 04:37 PM
Here goes:

1. All of the 4th floor spammers...
2. People begging for Meseta.
3. People who pick up Scape Doll [B]'s (Haven't seen one drop in a long time...)
4. People who bash on non-traditional race/type combos. (I.E. CAST FT)
5. People who use dark attacks on the Rainbow Beast. <_<
6. People who try to scam new players.
7. OLPADS!!! I want to smash something everytime one drops...
and finally...
8. Gaozorans, for never dropping their damned rod.... ^^;

relentless
Jul 8, 2008, 04:46 PM
Here goes:

1. All of the 4th floor spammers...
2. People begging for Meseta.
3. People who pick up Scape Doll [B]'s (Haven't seen one drop in a long time...)
4. People who bash on non-traditional race/type combos. (I.E. CAST FT)
5. People who use dark attacks on the Rainbow Beast. <_<
6. People who try to scam new players.
7. OLPADS!!! I want to smash something everytime one drops...
and finally...
8. Gaozorans, for never dropping their damned rod.... ^^;

I feel urged to reply to this for some reason.

1. That includes me.
2. That not.
3. I loved and used to pick those up. :) Do they still even drop?!
4. Cast fT GTFO.. Deja is epic though.
5. I do it all the time.
6. Agreed.
7. WHAT!!!! I'll gladly take them off your hands, that's half a Grinder Base S. :wacko:
8. True, I don't miss any of my 3 Gaozoran Rods though.

As for me:
1. Certain people.
2. People who blacklist for a bad reason.
3. White Beast (spammers.. or more like, people who totally enjoy doing it over and over)
4. ?

Arryn
Jul 8, 2008, 04:49 PM
People who after they agree to letting you have an item get it and run off (leave party) even though they joined last second >>

same but they said they would help and then left second they got what i called.

Saito S
Jul 8, 2008, 04:50 PM

-Elitism
-Strangers calling dibs on items. With friends, it's okay.
-MP/Item Leechers AKA People who afk without saying anything and proceed to get loot and MP without doing a damn thing.

Man, I could honestly keep going with this, but I'll stop there for now. So yeah, I pretty much dislike the vast majority of the PSU population, except for the maybe 10% of cool people that I've met. xD
This sums me up for the most part. :D Also!

* People who demand that your race only stick to it's "proper" class. It's a videogame, so it's meant to have fun: do whatever floats your boat. If you want to play a CAST techer or a Newman fortefighter, you go for it and have a blast! This game is too easy anyway, and I'm all for those who want a challenge to spice up the game. Plus, CASTs look awesome with techer weapons!
This. That may be my biggest peeve, honestly. This isn't like WoW or FF11, where a bad race/class combo or having the wrong party composition for a given area could be seriously crippling. If someone wants to play race x and class x, there is no good reason they shouldn't, and no good reason that anyone else should be giving them crap about it.

Another peeve of mine is people who bash things incessantly. The other night, we had a dude in our group who - for his own reasons - hated axes. He just thought they were lame. Ok, I disagree, but hey, we all have our opinions. You hate axes. Got it. What was annoying was that once it had been established that he hated axes, from then on, EVERY time someone would be using an axe or our running conversation turned to something about axes, he'd throw in "Eww, axes!" or some other comment. Very irritating. :-x

Off-topic: Hey Mikura... did you play PSO on GC? The name (and user title :-P) seems familiar, is why I ask. If ya did, I think I played with you a few times. ^^

NGX
Jul 8, 2008, 04:53 PM
* Hunters who demand to have their status effects cured immediately, but then cannot bear to pop an occasional sol-atomizer when the techer is frozen/asleep.

OH yeah. When I'm on my Techer I'm usually pretty quick to heal SE's and when the whole party just leaves me frozen and moves on that's the worst. I do try to always have the appropriate Resist unit with me though.

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 04:58 PM
This sums me up for the most part. :D Also!

This. That may be my biggest peeve, honestly. This isn't like WoW or FF11, where a bad race/class combo or having the wrong party composition for a given area could be seriously crippling. If someone wants to play race x and class x, there is no good reason they shouldn't, and no good reason that anyone else should be giving them crap about it.

Another peeve of mine is people who bash things incessantly. The other night, we had a dude in our group who - for his own reasons - hated axes. He just thought they were lame. Ok, I disagree, but hey, we all have our opinions. You hate axes. Got it. What was annoying was that once it had been established that he hated axes, from then on, EVERY time someone would be using an axe or our running conversation turned to something about axes, he'd throw in "Eww, axes!" or some other comment. Very irritating. :-x

Off-topic: Hey Mikura... did you play PSO on GC? The name (and user title :-P) seems familiar, is why I ask. If ya did, I think I played with you a few times. ^^

I sure did. Matter of fact, I've been playing since the DC days on V1. But back then, I jumped around a lot of characters. Wasn't until GC and beyond I stuck with Mikura. I'll have to look at your characters, because your name on PSOW isn't ringing a bell. Sorry. >_>

Saito S
Jul 8, 2008, 06:18 PM
I sure did. Matter of fact, I've been playing since the DC days on V1. But back then, I jumped around a lot of characters. Wasn't until GC and beyond I stuck with Mikura. I'll have to look at your characters, because your name on PSOW isn't ringing a bell. Sorry. >_>
My main DC character had the same name as my username here, but - although I remade him on GC - I didn't play him nearly as much as I did the characters who were brand new on GC. Cid, Rhea, Black Flame, and Rhunia were the four I used the most. ^^

And on topic: One thing that's been mentioned several times in this thread is when people just boot cause they forgot to put a password on. Now, I myself HAVE forgotten to do this, but I always am nice enough to at least tell the person I forgot the pass, apologize, and ask them to leave if I actually didn't want randoms joining. Most of the time people do leave when asked nicely. Because I'm always careful to be nice about it, it's irritating when others aren't. =p

Another thing: people who are just completely unresponsive. They ignore the techer calling in the group for buffs, and just continue to run ahead of the group and fight no matter what's going on, ignoring all questions directed at them. I have run into the occasional keyboard-less PS2 player, and I know using the on-screen one sucks, but at least stop at one moment and type out "no kb can't really talk" or something. And even if you can't TYPE fast, you can still READ, so if you're in a group, and we're fighting, and we're in the last block, and someone suddenly goes "Wait! I just realized, this is the final room! If we kill them, the mission will end, but we missed a room so we won't get an S!", then please don't just keep on killing the enemies in that room, ending the mission and forcing everyone to get an A instead of an S for no good reason. :nono: (Can you tell this has happened to me before? lol) Don't misunderstand... I'm not one of these "Must get S every time I do a run or the world ends, ARRGH" people... stuff does happen, and it's not anyone's fault if the entire group missed a room without realizing it. But if someone is standing there yelling "STOP this is the wrong room!" and you just keep blindly mowing down the creatures... :-?

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 06:42 PM
My main DC character had the same name as my username here, but - although I remade him on GC - I didn't play him nearly as much as I did the characters who were brand new on GC. Cid, Rhea, Black Flame, and Rhunia were the four I used the most. ^^

And on topic: One thing that's been mentioned several times in this thread is when people just boot cause they forgot to put a password on. Now, I myself HAVE forgotten to do this, but I always am nice enough to at least tell the person I forgot the pass, apologize, and ask them to leave if I actually didn't want randoms joining. Most of the time people do leave when asked nicely. Because I'm always careful to be nice about it, it's irritating when others aren't. =p

Another thing: people who are just completely unresponsive. They ignore the techer calling in the group for buffs, and just continue to run ahead of the group and fight no matter what's going on, ignoring all questions directed at them. I have run into the occasional keyboard-less PS2 player, and I know using the on-screen one sucks, but at least stop at one moment and type out "no kb can't really talk" or something. And even if you can't TYPE fast, you can still READ, so if you're in a group, and we're fighting, and we're in the last block, and someone suddenly goes "Wait! I just realized, this is the final room! If we kill them, the mission will end, but we missed a room so we won't get an S!", then please don't just keep on killing the enemies in that room, ending the mission and forcing everyone to get an A instead of an S for no good reason. :nono: (Can you tell this has happened to me before? lol) Don't misunderstand... I'm not one of these "Must get S every time I do a run or the world ends, ARRGH" people... stuff does happen, and it's not anyone's fault if the entire group missed a room without realizing it. But if someone is standing there yelling "STOP this is the wrong room!" and you just keep blindly mowing down the creatures... :-?

Yep, this royally pisses me off too. But because of that, I buff differently than most players. Rather than call them out and pray everyone listens and gathers around me for buffs, I just buff on the fly. Meaning if everyone's attacking in a room, I'll buff during the fight. I miss out on some kills, but it doesn't bother me like it would some.

Also, Blue Flame...I uh, think I might have played with you when you were Rhea or Rhunia, but I'm not entirely sure. My memory's kinda fuzzy. We should hook up sometime, I think you're on the same server I am. ;o

Saito S
Jul 8, 2008, 06:52 PM
Yep, this royally pisses me off too. But because of that, I buff differently than most players. Rather than call them out and pray everyone listens and gathers around me for buffs, I just buff on the fly. Meaning if everyone's attacking in a room, I'll buff during the fight. I miss out on some kills, but it doesn't bother me like it would some.

Also, Blue Flame...I uh, think I might have played with you when you were Rhea or Rhunia, but I'm not entirely sure. My memory's kinda fuzzy. We should hook up sometime, I think you're on the same server I am. ;o
Yep, I do the same thing at times. Sometimes it's just easier to buff when everyone happens to be close together, than to try telling them to GET close together. :-P

And no worries on the fuzzy memory... it's been a long time since GC PSO, of course. And I don't think we played much... just a few times, haha. You're on PC/PS2? If so, we definately should meet up! I've been playing a ton lately, so I'll likely be on tonight; I'll PM ya when I am. ^^

chaostroop3
Jul 8, 2008, 07:34 PM
when your friend that you have partyed with for weeks and helped with leveling and finding items, suddanly boots you removes your from his friends list and blacklisted me....i mean you

gryphonvii
Jul 8, 2008, 07:36 PM
when your friend that you have partyed with for weeks and helped with leveling and finding items, suddanly boots you removes your from his friends list and blacklisted me....i mean you

that reminds me of a time around a year ago, one of my friends b-listed me after I got and sold a puyo aura and he didn't. I was like "man, are pissed cuz you didn't get an aura that makes you shit bubbles?!?!?!"

he quit psu after that.

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 07:38 PM
Yep, I do the same thing at times. Sometimes it's just easier to buff when everyone happens to be close together, than to try telling them to GET close together. :-P

And no worries on the fuzzy memory... it's been a long time since GC PSO, of course. And I don't think we played much... just a few times, haha. You're on PC/PS2? If so, we definately should meet up! I've been playing a ton lately, so I'll likely be on tonight; I'll PM ya when I am. ^^

Cool. I'm on now actually, but not sure how long I'll be on tonight. I'll keep an eye out for your PM though. ^^

Cracka_J
Jul 8, 2008, 07:59 PM

Bingo. Exp doesn't really matter much anymore, especially if you play during events. Playing as FT, I find it much easier to just buff when people are grouped together during combat. That way I don't have to act like a nanny so people get their buffs in. If I tag them in battle, great. If they get out of buff range, oh well. You get them next time.

And I think I played with you during mag :o
mebbe...

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 08:26 PM
Bingo. Exp doesn't really matter much anymore, especially if you play during events. Playing as FT, I find it much easier to just buff when people are grouped together during combat. That way I don't have to act like a nanny so people get their buffs in. If I tag them in battle, great. If they get out of buff range, oh well. You get them next time.

And I think I played with you during mag :o
mebbe...

Maybe. I play pretty often, especially during events. And I do get around. xD

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the same way about buffing people. It works pretty well most of the time. Truthfully, I don't like calling out buffs. Kinda disrupts the flow of the game during a mission, and you almost invariably have that one single jackass in the group that refuses to listen and runs away from you anyway.

Kismet
Jul 8, 2008, 09:07 PM
My pet peeve is when people try to tell me how to play my character... And when I see PSU Vanilla players running around and hopping in on the fun all casual, as if it's cool to not have AoI, or something... XDDDD

sikotic_demon
Jul 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
- being discouraged to play w/ others unless they can kill monsters about the same speed as me, or faster.
- synthing and grinding
- players who purposely play as a weak char such as a non-techer female newman. you mite think you look really cute w/ those elf ears, but all i can see is wasted potential.
- it sure would be nice if we could set an auto reply message for mail, to let others know we are afk. pso did this and it was very useful.
- and lastly, seeing many players go out of their way to break the same few boxes. it only takes 1 person to break the box and pick up the item ok? there have been far too many times i see the entire party go after the same few boxes/items.

you realize that you are the elitest type of person most of us try to avoid right?
and the auto reply was a nice feature...

Tyreek
Jul 9, 2008, 03:20 AM
first off, if you didnt want others to join your party, you should have set a password. you cant blame someone from joining an open party. have you ever joined an open party before? if so, that would make you a hypocrite.

you say he took both items. does that mean you had items to set give finder and he was quicker in grabbing them? thats how psu is played when items are set to give finder. its a race for the rares. you wanted the rares yourself and would have done the exact same thing he did, if you were faster. once again, hypocrite.

if items were set to random and he happened to get em both due to luck, why would you blacklist over that? its not like that player hacked item distribution so he would get the rares. he got em fair and square. you had the exact same chance at getting those rares too. do you blacklist every player you see who gets an item due to random distribution? have you ever gotten an item from random distribution? i hope you make sure to drop the item on the ground if that ever were to happen, or else that would make you a hypocrite once again.

Touche, partially on your second point. Yes, I will admit to my mistake. I had Give Finder on. But as I said, it was the worst time to not have Set Password on. IF the distributor was set to random and he got them both, well thats the luck of the draw, and there would be nothing I could do or say to that. Yes, I learned my lesson that night. However, I'll make something perfectly clear to you now Inazuma. No, I would not have done the same thing he did. Its not in my heart to do that to someone. My friend wanted one, so at the chance that it did drop, I wanted to save one for him. As I stated before, I would have gladly given him one. Yes, I did want people to join in the beginning. Did anyone join my game while I busted my behind through Forest to Ruins alone for the past hour? No. I was really willing to place Set Password on and hoof it the rest of the way, then he decides to come along. Seemed decent enough of a player at first. Unforutnatley, he showed his true colors the moment he snagged them both. Now I'll be perfectly honest, I had that rare already. If it was only one that dropped, I wouldn't have cared much. I asked him nicely to drop one. What does he do? One ups me. And thats the reason why I would blacklist him. He's the worst kind of player I could party with, and I never wish to party in a game with him again. I'm not blaming him for joining, I'm blaming him for his actions. Funny how actions speak louder than words. Sorry for the long post, but Inazuma, you called another pet peeve. XD

11: People who judge me as being the same as the culprit.

xAmrit
Jul 9, 2008, 06:47 AM
People that run ahead annoy me so much, they make it so that you can't get either all the exp possible or S-Rank

Cracka_J
Jul 9, 2008, 07:03 AM
- synthing and grinding

you realize that you are the elitest type of person most of us try to avoid right?
and the auto reply was a nice feature...

There is a big difference between being a competitive gamer and an elitist, something I think the majority of the people on this site miss.

So I'll add another pet peeve - people that judge people as elitists without knowing anything about them.

Kismet
Jul 9, 2008, 10:54 AM
People that run ahead annoy me so much, they make it so that you can't get either all the exp possible or S-Rank

Then run/kill faster. :rolleyes:

PSO_Jack
Jul 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
-High level characters (higher than you) who think they are better than/ to good for you...join a low level group and help a guardian out once in a while!
-Being ungrateful to force's status boost and heals....Now I am not a force nor will I ever be, but adventures would be so much harder without their help.

BrandonHeat
Jul 9, 2008, 03:53 PM
* People who go to out price someone by like 1-5K Not much of a drop asses
* Know it alls
* My stuff is better then yours so that means you and your stuff suck
* CAST SUPREMECY
* People being emo in the game or bein actual racist in the game
* SPAMMING YOUR SHOPS IN A LOBBY
* People who kick you form the party just for not talking
* People that complain about PSU isnt as good as PSO
* People who come into your room see you there and just irritate the hell out of you
* Friends that look at you like an ATM machine(gotten better though)
* Interupt requests
* ANy glitches in the game whether it is the robot glitch, mech gun glitch, etc.
* Who cares what items you got anf how much money you got
* Sorry list is getting long I will rap it up altogether with 2 last ones
* People who says that if they add PVP they would pwn all(namely little kids that say this)
* Hmmmmm last one lets make it a good one SEGAC

Oh opps one last one sorry I know you all have heard this one at least once "You stole my look,

or you stole my name(even though my registration number is lower)" ANyways enjoy and you all

had some great pet peeves I was laughin the entire time cause I have had all those down to me

at one time or another.

RyuRoots
Jul 9, 2008, 04:35 PM

-Players who feel the need to bash any non "proper" race/class combination. You may think you look really cute deriding different playing styles, but all I can see is wasted posts.

Saito S
Jul 9, 2008, 04:41 PM
There is a big difference between being a competitive gamer and an elitist, something I think the majority of the people on this site miss.

So I'll add another pet peeve - people that judge people as elitists without knowing anything about them.
I see what you're saying, Cracka... but in this case...

This. The other points made in this post were debatable, but THIS one reeks of elitist arrogance. Hence... calling him an elitist. Not to mention the condescending "elf ears" comment... this post is far beyond "competitive gamer." In my original post in this thread, I didn't call Inazuma out specifically, but now I kinda feel like jumping in on this. sikotic_demon wasn't calling him an elitist without "knowing anything about them"... we DO know some things about Inazuma, from what he said in his post. Clearly, he thinks people shouldn't play "weak" race/type combinations. I mentioned this in my original post, but: Once again, this IS NOT like many online RPGs, where trying to melee your way through powerful monsters as a mage or attempt a hard dungeon without having the proper party composition is a laughably untenable concept. PSU is FAR too loose for race/type combo disadvantages to really matter. This is even MORE true now, with how easy the game has become, but even back on day one of V1... any race/gender can play as any type and still be effective. Not the MOST effective... picking certain combinations DOES mean that you are not going to be killing monsters as quickly/efficiently as some others; no one is disputing that. But the game is designed to accomodate a lot of different play styles and approaches to combat; this is preciesly WHY you can switch types so easily, and why it DOESN'T have the super-strict limitations on what can be accomplished as a given class, or what can be accomplished without a "correct" party, as an FF11 or a WoW.

So! Tl;dr version:
Inazuma, you are an elitist. Thank you, and goodnight. :D

TalHex
Jul 9, 2008, 04:49 PM
biggest pet peeve: Ethan

Tyreek
Jul 9, 2008, 05:07 PM
biggest pet peeve: Ethan

Hate him that much huh? Also added another pet peeve.

12: Ridiculous spamming on the fourth floor. A majority dealing with BAWWing of "SEGAC fails" and the like. I swear it gives me such a bad headache.

Inazuma
Jul 9, 2008, 05:49 PM
I see what you're saying, Cracka... but in this case...

This. The other points made in this post were debatable, but THIS one reeks of elitist arrogance. Hence... calling him an elitist. Not to mention the condescending "elf ears" comment... this post is far beyond "competitive gamer." In my original post in this thread, I didn't call Inazuma out specifically, but now I kinda feel like jumping in on this. sikotic_demon wasn't calling him an elitist without "knowing anything about them"... we DO know some things about Inazuma, from what he said in his post. Clearly, he thinks people shouldn't play "weak" race/type combinations. I mentioned this in my original post, but: Once again, this IS NOT like many online RPGs, where trying to melee your way through powerful monsters as a mage or attempt a hard dungeon without having the proper party composition is a laughably untenable concept. PSU is FAR too loose for race/type combo disadvantages to really matter. This is even MORE true now, with how easy the game has become, but even back on day one of V1... any race/gender can play as any type and still be effective. Not the MOST effective... picking certain combinations DOES mean that you are not going to be killing monsters as quickly/efficiently as some others; no one is disputing that. But the game is designed to accomodate a lot of different play styles and approaches to combat; this is preciesly WHY you can switch types so easily, and why it DOESN'T have the super-strict limitations on what can be accomplished as a given class, or what can be accomplished without a "correct" party, as an FF11 or a WoW.

So! Tl;dr version:
Inazuma, you are an elitist. Thank you, and goodnight. :D

yes, i prefer "better" over "worse". i think having 100 dollars in my wallet is better than 50 dollars. i think being able to jog 5 miles at a time is better than only being able to handle 2 miles. i would prefer 4 gigs of ram over 2 gigs, sushi over fish sticks, leather chairs over bar stools, broadband over dial up, etc etc. this is how i am, and the way i think. but i think its perfectly ok for someone to think differently. im very aware that everyone has their own viewpoint on things and whats "better" to them. i base my thinking on reality, logic, practicality, time, money, etc. i really try to be accepting of other ppl's viewpoints on things. even tho i feel they are wrong or could be doing it better, i dont want to force them to change. i HATE to harm others or see others being harmed. this is the main reason i can appear to be an asshole when i express my views on things. my intention is to help others, but it will often be perceived as simple bashing.

the elitist part comes into play b/c my way of thinking tends to yield better results than others mite end up w/. for example, lets take a fighting game. i will pick the best character and do my best to beat the opponent. another player will pick the cute girl b/c she has huge breasts. and when they are fighting, they arent trying their best to actually win. chances are, i will end up winning the match, so it seems that my way of thinking is "better". in psu, i play as female newman MF b/c she has the best stats. someone who plays as cast MF will not kill monsters as fast as me. the reality is that my female newman is killing monsters faster than the cast player. i view that as being better, so if that makes me an elitist, i am proud to admit it. im not ashamed at all.

i dont hate anyone for picking a weak char. if they have fun that way, thats great. i want everyone to have as much freedom as possible. the only problem is, playing games w/ someone who doesnt care about being good at the game like i do, tends to be very boring for me. if i am playing a racing game, i want my opponent to actually try to beat me. if its co-op like psu, i want my teammates to be trying their best to help everyone kill monsters and make meseta as fast as possible. thats what i get a lot of enjoyment out of.

Noblewine
Jul 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
When I get a disc Read error and I can't get online. <.<

Freshellent
Jul 9, 2008, 08:48 PM
That fighting game arguement made me laugh.

Considering it's wrong.

Inazuma
Jul 9, 2008, 09:10 PM
That fighting game arguement made me laugh.

Considering it's wrong.

wrong? i thought the goal in a fighting game was to beat your opponent and win the fight. why do they keep track of rounds won and announce a winner at the end?

why am i wrong? just saying im wrong doesnt tell me much.

Brainwrecked
Jul 9, 2008, 09:20 PM

AHAHAHAHA! I remember back in the day when A-ranks stuff was hard to find and [B] Scape Doll was soooooo prevalent. I picked one up, and was immediately chided by the whole party. The person who received it demanded I switch him rares.

Instead, I left party. And nowadays, I laugh my ass off. Their precious rares are so plentiful nowadays. And they lost a potential party mate over a Scape Doll board.

All of this brings up a few more pet peeves:

Don't expect strangers to follow your unwritten rules. State things up-front if you're hosting random parties. And at least give people the courtesy of an even-tempered warning.
Quit bitching about item whores -- the bar for what constitutes it is all over the place.
Quit bitching about full inventories -- it'll take you 10 seconds to clear out what you don't want if you keep tabs. Don't carry a metric ass-load of weapons and healing items. Go to your room to clear out if you're within 5 items of your limit. The item distribution system isn't perfect, but that's not the players' fault.

(I'd personally would like to see Meseta: Distribute Evenly, Non-rare Items: Give Finder, Rare Items: Set In Order, give the players a block-list for items, and have the person who blocked an item remain at the front of the line for the next item when Set In Order or Set Random.)

Inazuma
Jul 9, 2008, 09:27 PM
Touche, partially on your second point. Yes, I will admit to my mistake. I had Give Finder on. But as I said, it was the worst time to not have Set Password on. IF the distributor was set to random and he got them both, well thats the luck of the draw, and there would be nothing I could do or say to that. Yes, I learned my lesson that night. However, I'll make something perfectly clear to you now Inazuma. No, I would not have done the same thing he did. Its not in my heart to do that to someone. My friend wanted one, so at the chance that it did drop, I wanted to save one for him. As I stated before, I would have gladly given him one. Yes, I did want people to join in the beginning. Did anyone join my game while I busted my behind through Forest to Ruins alone for the past hour? No. I was really willing to place Set Password on and hoof it the rest of the way, then he decides to come along. Seemed decent enough of a player at first. Unforutnatley, he showed his true colors the moment he snagged them both. Now I'll be perfectly honest, I had that rare already. If it was only one that dropped, I wouldn't have cared much. I asked him nicely to drop one. What does he do? One ups me. And thats the reason why I would blacklist him. He's the worst kind of player I could party with, and I never wish to party in a game with him again. I'm not blaming him for joining, I'm blaming him for his actions. Funny how actions speak louder than words. Sorry for the long post, but Inazuma, you called another pet peeve. XD

11: People who judge me as being the same as the culprit.

gonna have to disagree again. that player got both rares fairly. its 100% up to him what he wants to do w/ em, b/c they are his items. its fine if you wanna ask him to give you one, but you shouldnt get upset if he wants em both.

give finder was on, and you allowed him to play w/ you long enough to catch up and start picking up items? even if you forgot to put a pass, you should have had enough time to boot him before he grabbed the rares. maybe if the 2 rares happened to drop right at the start of a block, its possible he could have gotten em before you had a chance to boot. i can understand being upset about it, but you need to take responsibility here. the player who joined did nothing wrong at all.

Shigecki
Jul 9, 2008, 09:28 PM
When people use the word, "buffs".

RadiantLegend
Jul 9, 2008, 10:22 PM
Lou.

I hate her

shadowsniper6
Jul 9, 2008, 10:41 PM
People who hate lou XD
people that brag about having a stack of meseta

Cracka_J
Jul 9, 2008, 11:04 PM
wrong? i thought the goal in a fighting game was to beat your opponent and win the fight. why do they keep track of rounds won and announce a winner at the end?

why am i wrong? just saying im wrong doesnt tell me much.

It's late and I'm tired, but I'll make my last post for the day and go ahead and agree with you...to some extent.

Considering fighters, you are right. Before a fighter even makes it's way to the states, japan has in most cases already sunk it's teeth into it, developing tier lists and statistic charts based on equally skilled players playing different characters against eachother. Tier lists are usually based on skill/movesets for the characters, factoring in speed, damage, and priorities.

Take SFIII for example, where ken, chun-li and yun have been and will continue to be the god tier of that game for all time. People pick these characters and can get good and take wins with them quickly, but also can devote more time and compete on a higher level with them. A player that is picking any of those god tier characters who knows all their matchups will win the majority of the time.

That's not saying other characters can't win, but it takes a lot more time, effort and practice to do it with other members of the roster then those top 3. Now you get to the reason why people play the other characters in the game and invest the time and effort to get good with them - variety.

Variety is the same reason people pick and play different class mixtures in PSU. It may not be the absolute best, but they can manage to get the job done with it, and get the variety out of the character they are looking for rather then the top tier cookie cutter pure race/type.

Really, PSU is so open that you can play either way. If you want to be a competitive gamer and get the best race/type stats you can possibly get, hey you can do that. If you want variety and a combination of skills, you can do that too. For me, I want the absolute best and will do everything I can to obtain it. I don't consider that elitist though.

Elitism, to me, is shoving what you've accomplished into someone's else's face, and making them think that they are something less then you because of what you've accomplished. That's why I said there's a big difference between competitive gaming and elitism. Striving for the best equips/stats/etc in PSU doesn't make someone an elitist. Holding whatever you have in front of another player and telling them they fucking suck because of what you have does. Big difference.

Inazuma
Jul 10, 2008, 12:46 AM
It's late and I'm tired, but I'll make my last post for the day and go ahead and agree with you...to some extent.

Considering fighters, you are right. Before a fighter even makes it's way to the states, japan has in most cases already sunk it's teeth into it, developing tier lists and statistic charts based on equally skilled players playing different characters against eachother. Tier lists are usually based on skill/movesets for the characters, factoring in speed, damage, and priorities.

Take SFIII for example, where ken, chun-li and yun have been and will continue to be the god tier of that game for all time. People pick these characters and can get good and take wins with them quickly, but also can devote more time and compete on a higher level with them. A player that is picking any of those god tier characters who knows all their matchups will win the majority of the time.

That's not saying other characters can't win, but it takes a lot more time, effort and practice to do it with other members of the roster then those top 3. Now you get to the reason why people play the other characters in the game and invest the time and effort to get good with them - variety.

Variety is the same reason people pick and play different class mixtures in PSU. It may not be the absolute best, but they can manage to get the job done with it, and get the variety out of the character they are looking for rather then the top tier cookie cutter pure race/type.

Really, PSU is so open that you can play either way. If you want to be a competitive gamer and get the best race/type stats you can possibly get, hey you can do that. If you want variety and a combination of skills, you can do that too. For me, I want the absolute best and will do everything I can to obtain it. I don't consider that elitist though.

Elitism, to me, is shoving what you've accomplished into someone's else's face, and making them think that they are something less then you because of what you've accomplished. That's why I said there's a big difference between competitive gaming and elitism. Striving for the best equips/stats/etc in PSU doesn't make someone an elitist. Holding whatever you have in front of another player and telling them they fucking suck because of what you have does. Big difference.

maybe the fighting game analogy wasnt a good idea. like you said, the characters in a fighting game are very different. not only do they look completely different, but they have completely different fighting styles and movesets. plus the difference between the better chars isnt that huge. and its possible to beat a good char w/ a bad one.

the problem w/ psu is pretty much the only difference between the chars is the stats and the ears (robots look different enough however). but a newman MF will end up playing almost identical to a cast MF. they are basically the same thing except the cast is a crappy ver of it.

going back to the fighting game for a moment.. what if there are 2 chars who have identical attacks and there are only 2 differences:

- appearance
- stats (one of the chars just has higher stats, plain and simple. his attacks do more damage)

its obvious as hell which char is better, plus there really isnt any variety. in psu, female newman FM is plain and simple, just a weaker version of a beast FM. they dont have any different attacks or do anything differently. thats why i cant figure out someone purposely making their character weaker for no good reason. its like a beast FM player who equips an arm unit to lower his attack by 500. seems pretty stupid to me.

here is another analogy. lets say you found yourself on a battlefield fighting a real war. you can see enemy forces approaching. on the ground in front of you are 2 guns. they are the same exact gun, same model, everything. but there are 2 differences:

- the blue colored one has 3 bullets inside
- the black colored one has 6 bullets inside

which gun do you choose? what gun is the "better" choice? and can you come up w/ a valid reason to pick the blue gun?

btw, you cant pick both guns and you cant take bullets from one and put em in the other. you have to pick a single gun and fight w/ it.

RyuRoots
Jul 10, 2008, 12:56 AM
In psu, i play as female newman MF b/c she has the best stats. someone who plays as cast MF will not kill monsters as fast as me. the reality is that my female newman is killing monsters faster than the cast player. i view that as being better, so if that makes me an elitist, i am proud to admit it. im not ashamed at all.

As a matter of fact, it kinda does. Glad that was cleared up so easily.

And the fighting game analogy is completely irrelevant considering that every character in PSU has access to every PA, weapon, etc. as every other character and the only things affected are stats. Oh goodness, you hit 'confirm' for two options before creating your character. Indeed, your skill at PSU is so amazingly far past mine that I could not begin to compare. You also imply that I don't care about being effective in any capacity since I have a female newman Fortefighter. I buy different weapons and choose different ones for different missions and enemy types, and use PAs accordingly. Can I clear a room as fast as a male beast? Of course not. Can I clear a room with no trouble at a suiting level anyway? Yes. As such, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I don't try my best just because I don't have a male beast. -_-

And your gun analogy is just stupid. How many you're capable of defeating depends on your choice in that scenario. Rest assured, Newman FF or whatever can still kill just as many enemies as her more effective counterpart, even if she doesn't do so as quickly with the same given equipment. And you should be aware that some people simply like their characters, effective or not.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 10, 2008, 12:57 AM
Here is another analogy. lets say you found yourself on a battlefield fighting a real war. you can see enemy forces approaching. on the ground in front of you are 2 guns. they are the same exact gun, same model, everything. but there are 2 differences:

- the blue colored one has 3 bullets inside
- the black colored one has 6 bullets inside

The Red Newman has 36 Techs.
The Black CAST has 36 Techs and 1 SUV.

By that logic CAST wins? I'm confused...

Saito S
Jul 10, 2008, 01:18 AM
maybe the fighting game analogy wasnt a good idea. like you said, the characters in a fighting game are very different. not only do they look completely different, but they have completely different fighting styles and movesets. plus the difference between the better chars isnt that huge. and its possible to beat a good char w/ a bad one..
That, and fighting games ARE competitive by nature. PSU is not.

If my life were actually in danger? Hell yeah, I would pick the black gun. But my life is NOT in danger. We're talking about a video game; that distinction DOES matter.
To a certain degree, PSU is all about style over substance. It's flashy and simple. It's not extremely difficult (no, I don't just mean recently... it's easier now than it was, but what I am saying also applies to early PSU, and to PSO as well, for that matter) nor exceptionally deep, combat-wise. And it's very flexible, and very lenient. PSU does not punish you for picking the "wrong" type for your race. In fact, it's really not that big a deal. It makes things a bit harder, but really, that's all it is: a bit. You make this huge issue out of picking a "weak" char, but in a way, I don't think there even is such a thing as a weak race/type combo, or one that just completely sucks. There IS such a thing as more effective, or less effective, but (unlike with most online RPG's) there really isn't such a thing as "ineffective." ANY area can be comfortably soloed by ANY race/type combo. Some can simply do it several levels earlier. Again, not saying the differences in power are not there, cause they are, I'm only saying they don't matter all that much, not compared to the absolute disaster you can end up with when you pick a fighter-oriented race and mage class combo (or vice versa) in the vast majority of MMO's out there. As I mentioned earlier, no one is arguing that the differences in power are not there, cause they ARE. But quite frankly, I think that the very thing you are questioning ("thats why i cant figure out someone purposely making their character weaker for no good reason. its like a beast FM player who equips an arm unit to lower his attack by 500. seems pretty stupid to me.") is one of the great things about PSU. Why pick a non-standard race/type combo? Because you can. It's not a big deal. It will make you kill things somewhat slower. That's all. Many games wouldn't let you get away with making the "wrong" choices with such scant punishment. Why do you think you can change classes so easily?

Inazuma
Jul 10, 2008, 01:24 AM
As a matter of fact, it kinda does. Glad that was cleared up so easily.

And the fighting game analogy is completely irrelevant considering that every character in PSU has access to every PA, weapon, etc. as every other character and the only things affected are stats. Oh goodness, you hit 'confirm' for two options before creating your character. Indeed, your skill at PSU is so amazingly far past mine that I could not begin to compare. You also imply that I don't care about being effective in any capacity since I have a female newman Fortefighter. I buy different weapons and choose different ones for different missions and enemy types, and use PAs accordingly. Can I clear a room as fast as a male beast? Of course not. Can I clear a room with no trouble at a suiting level anyway? Yes. As such, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I don't try my best just because I don't have a male beast. -_-

And your gun analogy is just stupid. How many you're capable of defeating depends on your choice in that scenario. Rest assured, Newman FF or whatever can still kill just as many enemies as her more effective counterpart, even if she doesn't do so as quickly with the same given equipment. And you should be aware that some people simply like their characters, effective or not.

im not arguing that weak char choices are unable to clear missions or that some players dont like to pick a char based on their looks only. you said it yourself the only real difference between the chars are their stats. the char w/ the better stats is better since just about everything else is the same. thats all im saying. shouldnt be that hard to understand that clearing a mission in 10 mins is better than clearing it in 15 mins.

you care about being effective, and you play as female newman FF? next time you wanna clean your car, put away the large brush and use a toothbrush instead, ok? it wont clean the car as fast as the large brush but you are trying your best so its ok, rite?

what if you had a car cleaning job w/ a buddy but your buddy insisted on using only the toothbrush the entire time. you would be fine w/ it?

The Red Newman has 36 Techs.
The Black CAST has 36 Techs and 1 SUV.

By that logic CAST wins? I'm confused...

the suv is great but the cast will only deal about 40% of the damage the newman does w/ their techs. and in the case of FM or GM, newmen dont even have any kind of racial ability, so you cant even say that.

Tyreek
Jul 10, 2008, 01:25 AM
maybe if the 2 rares happened to drop right at the start of a block, its possible he could have gotten em before you had a chance to boot.
This was the outcome. And what did he do? Got right next to the boxes I was shooting, and snagged what fell. I see something wrong with that. But the way you describe it makes it sound like those people who boot all people in their party to get all the rares. <_<; Which I am morally against.

but you shouldnt get upset if he wants em both.
I have to disagree with you here. I've every right to have been upset. As stated before, I wanted to give one to my friend who was looking for one. Maybe I coulda lightened up at the fact that he got both, if he was with me at the very beginning. Didn't happen. He came at the last minute, got what he came for and jetted. But what pissed me off more than that, was him being an ass about it at the end.

i can understand being upset about it, but you need to take responsibility here. the player who joined did nothing wrong at all.
We'll use an example of what happened to me. Lets say you were in my position, the enemies were defeated, and the boxes were set. He's right next to you as you blow up a box. A rare appears, and next thing you know he gets it, another box blows up on the opposite side and and another rare appears, the moment you get to it, he snags that too. You see nothing with that? I see someone acting greedy. I guess red does that to some people.

I partially respect your opinion. Yes, I taken my responsibility for letting that happen. Its over and done with. Would I let that happen again? No. Its the reason I hardly play a game without my friends being present. Earlier, you said I would've done the same thing he did. I tell you now, if the result was in my favor, we both would've been happy.

GaNksTa
Jul 10, 2008, 01:31 AM
People who beg for money because "It's too hard".. That just totally pisses me off.. It's so easy to get meseta nowadays.. If they had played during v1 they'd know how good we have it..

My second would be those with NO logic. Example: "Where can I find this enemy?", "Where does this item drop?", "How do I get a PM I can bring into battle?"... I have seen hundreds of the same exact question.. why not check the database or psupedia? Is it really that hard?

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 10, 2008, 01:35 AM
Inazuma, I wanna start by saying: I get you point and I agree to an extent, it's just that it's late and I enjoy being argumentative. So with that said:

you care about being effective, and you play as female newman FF? next time you wanna clean your car, put away the large brush and use a toothbrush instead, ok? it wont clean the car as fast as the large brush but you are trying your best so its ok, rite?
While the toothbrush would take longer, with the small stiff toothbrush bristles you would actually get the car cleaner

the suv is great but the cast will only deal about 40% of the damage the newman does w/ their techs. and in the case of FM or GM, newmen dont even have any kind of racial ability, so you cant even say that.
According to PSO World stat calculators if they're both female Lv130 20th Lv masterforce the cast will be dealing 58.8% of the newman's damage. A little over half isn't bad :P

I agree with the newman FM or GM. I wanted an elf GM so I used the elf ears looking cast ears....

Inazuma
Jul 10, 2008, 01:36 AM
That, and fighting games ARE competitive by nature. PSU is not.

If my life were actually in danger? Hell yeah, I would pick the black gun. But my life is NOT in danger. We're talking about a video game; that distinction DOES matter.
To a certain degree, PSU is all about style over substance. It's flashy and simple. It's not extremely difficult (no, I don't just mean recently... it's easier now than it was, but what I am saying also applies to early PSU, and to PSO as well, for that matter) nor exceptionally deep, combat-wise. And it's very flexible, and very lenient. PSU does not punish you for picking the "wrong" type for your race. In fact, it's really not that big a deal. It makes things a bit harder, but really, that's all it is: a bit. You make this huge issue out of picking a "weak" char, but in a way, I don't think there even is such a thing as a weak race/type combo, or one that just completely sucks. There IS such a thing as more effective, or less effective, but (unlike with most online RPG's) there really isn't such a thing as "ineffective." ANY area can be comfortably soloed by ANY race/type combo. Some can simply do it several levels earlier. Again, not saying the differences in power are not there, cause they are, I'm only saying they don't matter all that much, not compared to the absolute disaster you can end up with when you pick a fighter-oriented race and mage class combo (or vice versa) in the vast majority of MMO's out there. As I mentioned earlier, no one is arguing that the differences in power are not there, cause they ARE. But quite frankly, I think that the very thing you are questioning ("thats why i cant figure out someone purposely making their character weaker for no good reason. its like a beast FM player who equips an arm unit to lower his attack by 500. seems pretty stupid to me.") is one of the great things about PSU. Why pick a non-standard race/type combo? Because you can. It's not a big deal. It will make you kill things somewhat slower. That's all. Many games wouldn't let you get away with making the "wrong" choices with such scant punishment. Why do you think you can change classes so easily?

alrite then. how bout this one. no life or death going on here:

you are at a casino and wanna play some slots. you see 2 slot machines:

- a blue colored slot machine w/ a sign posted on it that says "chance in winning jackpot: 1 in 100"
- a black colored slot machine w/ a sign posted on it that says "chance in winning jackpot: 1 in 50"

both machines are the same cost and the casino owner assures you the signs are 100% accurate. which do you choose?

RyuRoots
Jul 10, 2008, 01:41 AM
the char w/ the better stats is better

Spoken like a true HUEG NUMBARZ elitist. I didn't design her to be the best melee character ever made. I just like her how she is, and I'm not changing her to a techer, or rerolling her as a Beast. I simply like the character, which has more value to me than her ATP and her other stats.

As for the brush thing....I can't tell if you're TRYING to be an idiot with these analogies or if it comes easily. First off, I can still clear an area quickly with her, whereas the difference between a brush and a toothrbrush is massive. There is NOT that much of a divide in this game. Secondly, real life work cleaning a car =/= smacking a Deljaban in PSU.

Saito S
Jul 10, 2008, 01:57 AM
alrite then. how bout this one. no life or death going on here:

you are at a casino and wanna play some slots. you see 2 slot machines:

- a blue colored slot machine w/ a sign posted on it that says "chance in winning jackpot: 1 in 100"
- a black colored slot machine w/ a sign posted on it that says "chance in winning jackpot: 1 in 50"

both machines are the same cost and the casino owner assures you the signs are 100% accurate. which do you choose?
But... the same principle applies. Now my real-life money is on the line. I have rent to pay. PSU is a GAME. Everything I do in it is because I want to. Even the stuff that's not as fun (spamming a boring mission cause it gives good MP or something)... it's still part of the larger goal, which is to play the game... for fun. Cleaning a car is a chore that needs to be done, and is not fun. Using the blue slot machine would potentially cost me REAL money.

And you totally ignored what was the main point of my post: PSU is style over substance. Gear is right in that the actual, real difference between any two race/type combos is never ever going to be all that big (certainly nowhere NEAR the difference between using a large brush and toothbrush on a car). It is a unique game partially because you can play whatever you want, and still do fine, unlike the vast majority of online RPG's where you can't just pick whatever race/class combo you want, and expect to do well (or in some cases, to even survive). The fact that there is so much crossover between which types can use what weapons, the fact that you can completely change your character's clothing without affecting the strength of your armor... these are things that PSU has that other games don't. To me, it's part of the appeal.

Having said all this... I think we've derailed this thread more than enough, and I apologize for my part in it. I've made my stance on this issue pretty clear I think. Any more thoughts on this should probably be handled via PM, or by making a new thread.

Inazuma
Jul 10, 2008, 01:58 AM
This was the outcome. And what did he do? Got right next to the boxes I was shooting, and snagged what fell. I see something wrong with that. But the way you describe it makes it sound like those people who boot all people in their party to get all the rares. <_<; Which I am morally against.

I have to disagree with you here. I've every right to have been upset. As stated before, I wanted to give one to my friend who was looking for one. Maybe I coulda lightened up at the fact that he got both, if he was with me at the very beginning. Didn't happen. He came at the last minute, got what he came for and jetted. But what pissed me off more than that, was him being an ass about it at the end.

We'll use an example of what happened to me. Lets say you were in my position, the enemies were defeated, and the boxes were set. He's right next to you as you blow up a box. A rare appears, and next thing you know he gets it, another box blows up on the opposite side and and another rare appears, the moment you get to it, he snags that too. You see nothing with that? I see someone acting greedy. I guess red does that to some people.

I partially respect your opinion. Yes, I taken my responsibility for letting that happen. Its over and done with. Would I let that happen again? No. Its the reason I hardly play a game without my friends being present. Earlier, you said I would've done the same thing he did. I tell you now, if the result was in my favor, we both would've been happy.

i dont wanna repeat the same stuff i said before but here is how i would have handled the situation:

i dont create or join open parties w/ items set to give finder. if you play w/ give finder, you have to accept the fact that others can grab rares faster than you. if you dont like that, stop playing w/ items set to give finder. really, its that simple.

he waited for you to break the box, then snatched up the rares? thats very smart of him. sounds like a good player to me. he understands the rules of give finder. and just b/c you give away items doesnt mean that other players should. its their own decision what they do w/ their own items. yea, you have the right to get mad, but its not very fair to the others.

besides lack of responsibility like i said before, the real problem here is you unfairly expect and demand others to obey by your own personal made up rules.

Sonic team's rules for giver finder:
- finders keepers
- fastest man wins.

Tyreek's made up additional rules that no one else is aware of but is expected to know and obey:
- if you join late in the mission, you are discouraged from picking up any good items. let the other players have first dibs.
- dont pick up items from a box that someone else breaks. it belongs to them.
- if you get 2 copies of the same rare and someone else asks you for one, you must give it to them. just because you picked it up fair and square doesnt mean its yours.

you need to throw away those personal rules b/c they are only holding you back.

Inazuma
Jul 10, 2008, 02:28 AM
Inazuma, I wanna start by saying: I get you point and I agree to an extent, it's just that it's late and I enjoy being argumentative. So with that said:

While the toothbrush would take longer, with the small stiff toothbrush bristles you would actually get the car cleaner

According to PSO World stat calculators if they're both female Lv130 20th Lv masterforce the cast will be dealing 58.8% of the newman's damage. A little over half isn't bad :P

I agree with the newman FM or GM. I wanted an elf GM so I used the elf ears looking cast ears....

good point w/ the toothbrush making the car cleaner, but that doesnt carry over to psu. a dead monster is a dead monster.

40% or 60%, or even 80%, lower stats are lower stats.

Spoken like a true HUEG NUMBARZ elitist. I didn't design her to be the best melee character ever made. I just like her how she is, and I'm not changing her to a techer, or rerolling her as a Beast. I simply like the character, which has more value to me than her ATP and her other stats.

As for the brush thing....I can't tell if you're TRYING to be an idiot with these analogies or if it comes easily. First off, I can still clear an area quickly with her, whereas the difference between a brush and a toothrbrush is massive. There is NOT that much of a divide in this game. Secondly, real life work cleaning a car =/= smacking a Deljaban in PSU.

actually yes. i am purposely trying to give analogies that are stupidly obvious so you can see this from my point of view.

But... the same principle applies. Now my real-life money is on the line. I have rent to pay. PSU is a GAME. Everything I do in it is because I want to. Even the stuff that's not as fun (spamming a boring mission cause it gives good MP or something)... it's still part of the larger goal, which is to play the game... for fun. Cleaning a car is a chore that needs to be done, and is not fun. Using the blue slot machine would potentially cost me REAL money.

And you totally ignored what was the main point of my post: PSU is style over substance. Gear is right in that the actual, real difference between any two race/type combos is never ever going to be all that big (certainly nowhere NEAR the difference between using a large brush and toothbrush on a car). It is a unique game partially because you can play whatever you want, and still do fine, unlike the vast majority of online RPG's where you can't just pick whatever race/class combo you want, and expect to do well (or in some cases, to even survive). The fact that there is so much crossover between which types can use what weapons, the fact that you can completely change your character's clothing without affecting the strength of your armor... these are things that PSU has that other games don't. To me, it's part of the appeal.

Having said all this... I think we've derailed this thread more than enough, and I apologize for my part in it. I've made my stance on this issue pretty clear I think. Any more thoughts on this should probably be handled via PM, or by making a new thread.

personally, i agree that gambling at the slots is stupid b/c chances are you will lose money, but that wasnt the point of the analogy.

psu is style over substance? says you. you dont aquire exp, items, meseta etc by dressing up and winning beauty contests. you kill monsters. the faster you kill monsters, the faster you get all of the above and the more you achieve.

for the events, players are awarded prizes for monsters killed or fastest mission clear times, not whos char looks the coolest.

you are just plain wrong and the game proves it. of course, you are free to ignore how the game was designed and just dress up and talk in lobbies all day. and while the devs would be fine w/ you doing that, its not exactly how psu was meant to be played. the core of psu gameplay is doing missions and fighting monsters.

Tyreek
Jul 10, 2008, 02:36 AM
i dont wanna repeat the same stuff i said before but here is how i would have handled the situation:

i dont create or join open parties w/ items set to give finder. if you play w/ give finder, you have to accept the fact that others can grab rares faster than you. if you dont like that, stop playing w/ items set to give finder. really, its that simple.

he waited for you to break the box, then snatched up the rares? thats very smart of him. sounds like a good player to me. he understands the rules of give finder. and just b/c you give away items doesnt mean that other players should. its their own decision what they do w/ their own items. yea, you have the right to get mad, but its not very fair to the others.

besides lack of responsibility like i said before, the real problem here is you unfairly expect and demand others to obey by your own personal made up rules.

Sonic team's rules for giver finder:
- finders keepers
- fastest man wins.

Tyreek's made up additional rules that no one else is aware of but is expected to know and obey:
- if you join late in the mission, you are discouraged from picking up any good items. let the other players have first dibs.
- dont pick up items from a box that someone else breaks. it belongs to them.
- if you get 2 copies of the same rare and someone else asks you for one, you must give it to them. just because you picked it up fair and square doesnt mean its yours.

you need to throw away those personal rules b/c they are only holding you back.

-_-; Unfairly? Are you trying to worsen the situation? I don't like to take everything for myself if someone is along for the ride. The fact of the matter is I really dislike that kind of behavior. He was being an idiot about it and that pissed me off. I avoid people like that. Furthermore, I like to stick to my morals thank you. But I'm being unfair? Well, thats your opinion. I've made my point clear enough, so I'm not gonna get anymore into this since this topic is starting to fault over. So I'll put us back on track.

13: When SEGA takes its time in giving out what we earned. MAG I don't care for anymore, but you're gonna make us wait on our statues too?

Saito S
Jul 10, 2008, 03:02 AM
personally, i agree that gambling at the slots is stupid b/c chances are you will lose money, but that wasnt the point of the analogy.

psu is style over substance? says you. you dont aquire exp, items, meseta etc by dressing up and winning beauty contests. you kill monsters. the faster you kill monsters, the faster you get all of the above and the more you achieve.

for the events, players are awarded prizes for monsters killed or fastest mission clear times, not whos char looks the coolest.

Oh, for the love of... I meant style over substance WITHIN the game, I didn't mean it LITERALLY. I should think that would have been obvious. No one is suggesting that standing around dressing up and "winning beauty contests" (seriously, what the hell) will make your character stronger. And yes, "says me". It's my opinion. I never said otherwise. You asked for an explanation of why people would pick certain combos, and... Actually, forget it. I'm not gonna bother trying to explain.

Also, way to ignore my suggestion to stop derailing the thread by taking this elsewhere. At this point, though, if stuff like this is what I can expect

you are just plain wrong and the game proves it. of course, you are free to ignore how the game was designed and just dress up and talk in lobbies all day. and while the devs would be fine w/ you doing that, its not exactly how psu was meant to be played. the core of psu gameplay is doing missions and fighting monsters.
then I've change my mind. Don't PM me with this crap. You missed my point 100%, and I don't need to deal with your patronizing, stuck-up attitude.
I give up with you. No further posts from me in response to anything you say. I apologize again to the thread for contributing to this huge ball of off-topic-ness.

Tetsaru
Jul 10, 2008, 03:19 AM
Noobs who look at my characters' inventories and ask, "Can I have that?" -_-X

ppl on teh forumz hoo alwaiz type liek dis -_-X

People who spam the lobbies, or constantly do the cheer/nanoblast animation to whoever they see. *blacklists*

People who are just plain STUPID. *facepalm*

The fact that us FG's do not have a readily available 12* gun weapon to hunt, as well as the fact that gunners and techers don't have a lot of S rank weapons to hunt in the first place. -_-X

Why are bows so similar to rifles, and why do they suck so much? O_o;

Hunting for and/or buying tons of -polymers (why do you need so many compared to wood and metals for weapons?? And why aren't there rank conversion boards for them also!?), and then having my Armor PM (which I deleted recently) always failing my S rank armors. And soon after I deleted her, I found a Serafi-Senba board... >_<X

Sega/Sonic Team giving us BS excuses of how they're having to delay and postpone content updates. >X(

Tyreek
Jul 10, 2008, 03:23 AM
My apologies as well to the OP. The last thing we need is to have this thread closed over stuff like this. I'll add a few more peeves, since I'm out of peeves tonight.

14:When the rare map you think you have, ends up being a duplicate of another. I've yet to face Orgdus or Darbleans because of this. -_-;

15:When you grind something and when it looks just like its grinding well... it breaks.

16:Okiku/Mimic Dolls. I hate you for destroying what could've been a Frauduke.

17:The fact that rods are only available to only 2 classes thus far. Espesially a class nobody will ever use after they reach advanced classes.

18:When a PA get ruined, because someone decided to activate their SUV, while you were fighting a creature.

19: When the npc wastes their SUV by either doing it too late, or doing it in another direction than the monster itself.

20: That a really good rare that I'm looking for ends up having a better chance dropping in a mission I can't solo period. IE Egg Thieves.

Cracka_J
Jul 10, 2008, 07:09 AM
in psu, female newman FM is plain and simple, just a weaker version of a beast FM. they dont have any different attacks or do anything differently. thats why i cant figure out someone purposely making their character weaker for no good reason. its like a beast FM player who equips an arm unit to lower his attack by 500. seems pretty stupid to me.

There are other stat changes (EVP/MST for one), but they are pretty minimal. I pretty much agree with you there, so like you said the only remaining difference would be the visual one.

I think it's pretty funny too how all you peeps are getting worked up calling this guy an elitist. A stat whore, yes :-D But far from elitist. I've seen my share of elitism, what Inazuma is talking about isn't even close.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 10, 2008, 07:23 AM
Eh. Everyone has their own play style. No one way is RIGHT or WRONG though. Well unless you don't enjoy playing your character, because obviously if you don't enjoy your characters then they're wrong for you.

Take me for instance:

I play my characters based off of their names. Their names are based off of the offline counterpart to PSU- which is the tabletop RPG I run for my friends.

So...
No elves? I use newmans.
No other way to give someone blue-ish skin? I use casts
Need more Catgirl? I use beast.

I've played beast techers and newman fighters. They handle just as well as their "better" counterparts. A newman FF hits with Anga Redda for 4000-6000 while the Beast hits for 8000-10000? At that point who really cares?

Yeah your Newman FT can pump 2k a hit with nosdiga while my beast does 800's, but with my low FT defense and a male beast's low evade my nanoblast charges almost once a room and I start swinging for 1500's...

You may have Numbarz, but I've got story. Everyone can have numbarz but not everyone can be my character :-P

furrypaws
Jul 10, 2008, 10:43 AM
Twelve pages of grievances...

>_>

Anyways, the fact that Sega is trying to remake PSO into PSU. Yeah, Sega, all that stuff was fun, but I've played it already. Rather than spending what little new we get being based off of PSO, expand more on PSU. Just look at the main updates from PSU original to AoI, and you'll see what I mean.

DAMASCUS
Jul 10, 2008, 11:08 AM
My pet peeve at this point I guess is that we are rather spoiled over here on the US server.

Because its so easy going right now and most players are rather blase( myself included ) playing a Cast techer is more fun than confronting the challenges that this game has to offer. Sadly those challenges are NOT interesting and the rewards are forgettable. So we find ourselves focusing on our appearances and playing Newman fighters for fun. If there were trials worthy of our attention then playing sub par class/race combinations would be stupid. Elitist comments are only annoying because we know that we are a bit cheated on rewarding content and if we did we would be glad to all play the best and only go to the makeover shop on a 'miniluck' day.

side question: Inazuma is not the only serious PSU player I have seen. Is there less clowning around on the JPN version?? With better updates maybe they don't even have time to go there..

Ceresa
Jul 10, 2008, 11:23 AM
Having to play gimptecher to unlock Gunmaster
Having to play wusstecher to unlock Masterforce
Wartechers
Protransers
Acroclasses
Forteclasses
Guntechers
Figunners
Basic types
Toyota Prius
Hybrids in general
Support classes in a primarily action game
No death penalty
All melee weapons except Sword, Spear, Axe, Doublesaber
All range weapons except Twinhandgun, Laser, Rifle, Shotgun

Yeah that's about it, PSU is otherwise rather well done over here on JP side.

youthisoverrated
Jul 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
when people leave their mic on and proceed to have the music too loud or scream in your ear. party chat is a privledge not a right

when people give you crap about getting something good in mission and it's set on in order. then proceed to offer to buy it with a price that you know is too low

spammers, if you want someone to buy something put it in your f-ing shop!

meseta beggers shut up already!!!!! go do some runs like everyone else

when you can't hear other people in party chat but know they are talking to you

messed up keyboards >.<

when people don't pick up meseta

running out of the buff circle while buffing or in a buff party. stay inside the buff circle at all times

when people think i'm new cus i'm on my alt trying to level her up and proceed to call me a noob even though my number is 40k higher. or even being called a noob at all. i play this game alot and research a great deal, i think i know more about it than they do

when the 360 people bombard the gm's and ask the stupidest questions ever. i feel so bad and now realize why they rarely come on

when guys send me random pics that i atuomatically delete cus i don't even want to know wtf it is...... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

various other things but my list is becoming too long >.<

Tyreek
Jul 10, 2008, 01:06 PM
Having to play gimptecher to unlock Gunmaster
Having to play wusstecher to unlock Masterforce
Wartechers
Protransers
Acroclasses
Forteclasses
Guntechers
Figunners
Basic types
Toyota Prius
Hybrids in general
Support classes in a primarily action game
No death penalty
All melee weapons except Sword, Spear, Axe, Doublesaber
All range weapons except Twinhandgun, Laser, Rifle, Shotgun

Yeah that's about it, PSU is otherwise rather well done over here on JP side.

Wait... no death penalties peeve you? 0_o; Or is this because you see the death penalty as a valid reason to not have players die? Also, lol at Toyota Prius.

Adding more peeves.

21: Being insulted without provocation. Its the stupidest thing I've seen some people do lately.

22:When the leader AFK's or someone on the team AFK's for a long time when you are ready to start a party mission.

23:When you slowly DC from the game, but don't realize it until you notice that no one is taking damage or you can't can't switch weapons.

darkante
Jul 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
23:When you slowly DC from the game, but don't realize it until you notice that no one is taking damage or you can't can't switch weapons.
Yes, that is freaking annoying. When i notice it, iīm like...D/C already if you gonna!!

Noblewine
Jul 10, 2008, 09:44 PM
friends that never respond when you mesasge them.
Starting a mission when you get tired of waiting for someone then they message you saying, "Ok, I'm here. Where are you?" <.<
People that run WB.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 10, 2008, 10:37 PM
10: (Hasn't happen to me, but I'll add it anyway.) People who harass you about a valuable item you got. I'd blacklist the next person who did that Stryker Diaz. ;)

Ya that was terrible.... like a stalker >> but ya today I found something new to hate and ill tell u right now ive never been so pissed off at people before, im usually so tollerant but finally it broke through and got to me -_-

I hate... people who constantly insult you and expect you to know what they know or what they're thinking right off the bat, people who expect you to buff them on their commands like they own you.... im going to quote today's little convo with the bastards.

*walking through mad creatures*
1st Bastard:"wow what an idiot, he didnt even buff us..."
(first of all not everyone was in and they didnt even bother stopping they just kept running and used megistaride right off the bat)
*ignores the comment and continues until a bit further*
2nd Bastard: "wow he still hasn't buffed wow he sucks"
(its hard alright I dont have cards.... acrotecher isnt exactly good for hitting birds that are on their 2nd flight lvl)
*decides to ignore further since these guys are possibley his friend's friends)
1st Bastard: "alright guys go to the right"
(I couldnt hear him since he was on a mic and the voice is hard to make out from TV mix of BG Music and Sound Effect)
*goes to the left by accident)
2nd Bastard: "wow u said go right so... why is he going left?"
1st Bastard: "Hes an idiot remember, we got a retarded AT remember that"
(I knew these guys had to be my friend's friends once again so instead of completely cussing them out and losing it I just left and headed back to my room and sent my friend a msg about how p/o I was and I didnt get a response or any form of apology so that really p/m/o)

but ya thats the sum of it all -_- sorry today was just terrible for me.....

Tyreek
Jul 10, 2008, 11:34 PM
Ya that was terrible.... like a stalker >> but ya today I found something new to hate and ill tell u right now ive never been so pissed off at people before, im usually so tollerant but finally it broke through and got to me -_-

I hate... people who constantly insult you and expect you to know what they know or what they're thinking right off the bat, people who expect you to buff them on their commands like they own you.... im going to quote today's little convo with the bastards.

*walking through mad creatures*
1st Bastard:"wow what an idiot, he didnt even buff us..."
(first of all not everyone was in and they didnt even bother stopping they just kept running and used megistaride right off the bat)
*ignores the comment and continues until a bit further*
2nd Bastard: "wow he still hasn't buffed wow he sucks"
(its hard alright I dont have cards.... acrotecher isnt exactly good for hitting birds that are on their 2nd flight lvl)
*decides to ignore further since these guys are possibley his friend's friends)
1st Bastard: "alright guys go to the right"
(I couldnt hear him since he was on a mic and the voice is hard to make out from TV mix of BG Music and Sound Effect)
*goes to the left by accident)
2nd Bastard: "wow u said go right so... why is he going left?"
1st Bastard: "Hes an idiot remember, we got a retarded AT remember that"
(I knew these guys had to be my friend's friends once again so instead of completely cussing them out and losing it I just left and headed back to my room and sent my friend a msg about how p/o I was and I didnt get a response or any form of apology so that really p/m/o)

but ya thats the sum of it all -_- sorry today was just terrible for me.....

Whoa... that had to hurt. Thats kind of an example of what I listed as pet peeve 21. XD Sorry it had to turn out like that. And these guys were your friend's friends? Jeez. Well, as the saying goes:

"Take offense slowly, but be prepared to reconsile."

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 11, 2008, 01:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dFf-BhUzk

Lolis. Seriously. LOLIS suck. Stop making loli characters.

Tyreek
Jul 11, 2008, 02:03 AM
*Cough* WTF? I have a feeling I'm gonna get nightmares from looking at that....

Ruru
Jul 11, 2008, 03:00 AM
people with anime/japanese names that aren't japanese... sounds dumb i know but it just irks me...

people on uni 2 that complain about wanting to do another mission other than whitebeast while at the WB lobby. (solo people not that hard)

people that randomly join my party on off uni's (i solo on uni that isn't popular) and dont ask if its ok to join. yes i forget to put a pass on sometimes, but come on its not like i'm on uni 2..

people that come to my shop to stare at my items for 20 minutes and dont buy anything..

people that come to my shop cause my prices are cheapest at the time and complain to me that the item is overpriced for how common a drop it is. (if its so common gtfo of my room and hunt it yourself please...)

Magician4
Jul 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
Yusaku_Kudou that video was very odd... yet funny.

On topic: I hate it when ppl buy stuff in a player store just to sell it in theirs.

Cracka_J
Jul 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
people that come to my shop to stare at my items for 20 minutes and dont buy anything..

lol afk shoppers. There's an easy remedy for this, if they really are non responsive to you. Just be a dick like me and blacklist them. The game will auto-remove them from your room, and you can unblacklist them right after.

This one guy was in my shop for about 10 minutes just standing there...I came back from the GC after doing some shopping and he was still there, so I removed him.

The next day I got a "That was very rude, I was comparing prices when you removed me from my shop. I am no longer going to do business with you" bulletin. I lol'd and deleted it. Do your comparison shopping in your own room, buy something or GTFO of mine.

Akira-san
Jul 18, 2008, 12:26 AM
just a few i have

ppl who come to my room just to fuck around and not buy anything, usually asks a bunch of questions just happened not too long ago LOL

ppl who are obssessed with the mic, i have one but i dont use it much only when my buddies are online, so when i join a random party they ask if i have a mic i just reply no and they kick me outta the party lol

when u join a party and when u get the boss boxes or a rare pops up they kick u outta the party

beggers i mean shit i dont mind helping someone out everyonce in a while with like 5-10k but ppl asking for 1-2million? gtfo lol

those who dont stock up on items/scape dolls jeez plus those who dont seem to die all the dam time

and scammers

thats about it:-P

Noblewine
Jul 18, 2008, 01:27 AM
How long it takes to level a rifle PA to though the rebalance helps abit.

Mimo
Jul 18, 2008, 01:57 AM
-entering a shop to buy goodies while the player is there and for no reason she/he blacklists me *happened to me three times, their lost, no monies for them*^^;

-entering a random party, and some lurker i dont know starts asking if they can borrow 8mil from me

-ppl who get offended about me speaking in spanish when im not even talking to/about them *to hell with you* :smile:

-rare maps that turn out to be bollux

-lurkers who keep asking if im a FT CASEAL *thats what my status shows doesnt it? plus being a FT CASEAL is much fun \('w')/*

-ppl who check my status ex. meseta,weapons,clothing,armor&PA's and starts betchin about mah junks... >[ *cg your officially a lurker*

AuroraBlaze
Jul 18, 2008, 09:39 AM
My biggest peeve is that people will sit around and complain on a forum all day long instead of just shutting up and playing the game! It's just a game! If it doesnt make you happy, find something that does and for God's sake, quit ruining it for the rest of us!

SirCheeksz
Jul 18, 2008, 09:48 AM
id have to say mines is people that get a ton of money and weapons ect. from high level friends and then try to rub it in your face as if they were better than u. but that might jus be a low level noobie pet peeve,jus got game july

Kizeragi
Jul 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
People who boot you, because your too low level.
Why? I can't level up my CAST Gunner because of this :/...

Ruru
Jul 18, 2008, 01:10 PM

are you on PC/PS2? if so i'd help you out a bit. if you're on 360 then sorry i dont have it.

relentless
Jul 18, 2008, 01:13 PM
@Ruru
He's on PC/PS2.

Never asked me. ;o
And, it's especially annoying when you OUTDAMAGE the leader with being lower lvl and still get booted because of being the wrong race. ;3 XD

darkante
Jul 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
@Ruru
He's on PC/PS2.

Never asked me. ;o
And, it's especially annoying when you OUTDAMAGE the leader with being lower lvl and still get booted because of being the wrong race. ;3 XD

Boot because of bad race combo still outdamaging leader?
Now that leader must be one retarded one. :S

Kizeragi
Jul 18, 2008, 02:22 PM
@Ruru
He's on PC/PS2.
Never asked me. ;o

I did get booted once for outdamaging a Beast fF with my CAST fF, we were at the same level (91) not my fault most my fF stuff is 38%+ :/

Also, I did get a hand leveling my 3rd alt up. But thanks for offering help though. ^^

SStrikerR
Jul 18, 2008, 04:32 PM
using an awesome melee weapon very badly... wrong PA, neutral or wrong element

People who boot me if I use a neutral weapon. God forbid i use a weapon that is isn't super-effective. If there's more than one element in the enemy types then I can use a neutral weapon on all of them so i don't have to change my weapon then wait for it to load every single frickin spawn.
It's a pain and I really dont care because normally my weapons aren't 40+%s so it doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

Wrong PA? I understand you talking about tornado dance on little enemies but if I'm using twin sabers with rising crush there's no way i'm gonna change my PA just beacause you think it's wrong. And if I wanna use gravity dance for some reason there's no damn way i'm gonna switch for you.

SStrikerR
Jul 18, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hey that's the same reason I have only ONE character over level 35!
People say I suck because my other characters are low leveled but leveling PAs and soloing as a level 5 isn't easy to do very quickly.

Gojiro316
Jul 21, 2008, 07:24 AM
I hate the rumor-mill. All of the bs rumors in this game. From the 2nd MAG event, to the "they're gonna make it so you can't stack buffs ZOMG!", to the belief that room decs affected drops, don't break the boxes till the boss disappears....and much much much more. It's all so retarded and always has been.

gundam0079
Jul 21, 2008, 10:58 PM
whenever some1 says my name is a copy when i had my name first on the ps2/pc servers...and they still call my a copy. retards check ma ID number :D

Meta77
Jul 21, 2008, 11:48 PM
lets see....... spammers, lil kids which means anyone under age of 14 (sorry most you are sometimes really annoying (hey can i see that weapon, hey can i have that weapon etc.)
anyone under age of 18. (yet again sorry but most younger psu players can be annoying and egotistacal. (oh choas ok time to boot ya) (oh board i want boot ya) (no battleplan whatsoever) many older players seem to be really nice most of the time.
ps.....i want some new bosses.

Iduno
Jul 22, 2008, 04:07 AM
People who boot me if I use a neutral weapon. God forbid i use a weapon that is isn't super-effective. If there's more than one element in the enemy types then I can use a neutral weapon on all of them so i don't have to change my weapon then wait for it to load every single frickin spawn.
It's a pain and I really dont care because normally my weapons aren't 40+%s so it doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

Wrong PA? I understand you talking about tornado dance on little enemies but if I'm using twin sabers with rising crush there's no way i'm gonna change my PA just beacause you think it's wrong. And if I wanna use gravity dance for some reason there's no damn way i'm gonna switch for you.

Amen, especially since sometimes with lag the loading times can really be ridiculous and you end up just running around waiting for your damned weapon to load.

Adriano
Jul 22, 2008, 04:15 AM
OH god :lol:...
this thread had me lawl.
My pet peeve is. . . .well I don't really have any that wouldn't make me not sound completely like an asshole and pretentious, so I'll bow out gracefully ^^;

Vercix
Jul 22, 2008, 04:24 AM
There's a few things I can't stand...

1. When I'm told not to use ramegid by any type of fighter class, even though I only cast it once to tag, and every other second I'm spamming resta or reverser because they can't dodge of fight properly. (Happens quite often)

2. When I have to chase people down to buff them...c'mon you do like 200-500 more damage with my buffs...

3. When people think they can solo the mission on their own, and thus break away from the group and kill things ahead (lose exp and can't heal them when they are miles away [even with max resta])

4. During boss fights when that one guy feels he has to be on the other side of the map, way out of range for heals, and thus makes me run ALL the way to him just to heal him, and them see him pop a trimate the second after or before i cast resta... hell or if I waste a scape doll trying to heal them...

darkante
Jul 22, 2008, 06:04 AM
2. When I have to chase people down to buff them...c'mon you do like 200-500 more damage with my buffs...

4. During boss fights when that one guy feels he has to be on the other side of the map, way out of range for heals, and thus makes me run ALL the way to him just to heal him, and them see him pop a trimate the second after or before i cast resta... hell or if I waste a scape doll trying to heal them...

Donīt chase them, just if you want to buff then you probably should mention it.
Then either they go to you to be buffed or they be left out..their own fault.

Same could be said in a boss fight, if they want heals then they should stick close to you.
Otherwise, screw them.

DreXxiN
Jul 22, 2008, 07:06 AM
Crunching, as well as other eating sounds.

I WILL TAKE YOUR SOULLLLLLLLL

Mag_Launcher
Jul 22, 2008, 09:42 AM
My pet peeve is all the egotistical pricks who think they're so much better than anyone else. Since PC/PS2 is a smaller community, I run into these jerks quite often, and it only pains me more that most of these jerks also reside on PSOW.

Also, attention whores bathing themselves in unwarranted self importance. *cough*

Oh, and any enemy with knockdown/back attacks.

Gen2000
Jul 22, 2008, 09:43 AM
Excessive amount of emoctions while playing - I dunno it just seems like some people just found the internet, are 5 years old or something when I see this. Or maybe I'm just getting too old to be playing games now (since this seems to be the norm)...

Rust
Jul 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
Also, attention whores bathing themselves in unwarranted self importance. *cough*

Sounds like me. :wacko:

pikachief
Jul 22, 2008, 11:29 AM
when people are like "i know everyone else is going one way so i'll go the other lololol"

I WANT MY EXPERIENCE!! >.< everyone goes one way. oh but it makes the run faster? im sorry u want a run to go a few seconds faster go find someone else >.>

Pipiruu
Jul 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
I find it annoying when a monster I'm casting at is slowly pushed out of the way by everyone else and I end up missing over 9000 times. I could be directly in front of it charging foie and it'll get pushed to the side just enough for me to miss. It takes so many attempts to hit a monster just once with a spell. T.T

Another issue I have is when a player who just meets the level requirement of a high rank mission comes in with absolutely no scape dolls and gets angry at everyone else when he/she dies. I understand not being able to afford them, but to have a bad attitude about your own blunder just makes me cringe. >.<

Oh, and people with a huge superiority complex. It's a real nightmare to listen to them talk...

Mag_Launcher
Jul 22, 2008, 12:00 PM
when people are like "i know everyone else is going one way so i'll go the other lololol"
YES, I HATE THAT, OMG. Nothing pisses me off more in WB than some asshole FF or FT wanting to just skip ahead of everyone. Now, yes, I understand this can make the run faster, but if we're not speedrunning and actually trying to level, HOW BOUT NOT DOING THAT OK?

Also, Rust, I mainly refer to people who attention whore "4 SRS", not people being silly once in a while. Cause, hell, I know I do a bit of trolling myself during those yell at the GM live support sessions.

stat!c
Jul 22, 2008, 12:17 PM
okiku dolls... off of s ranks.

Rust
Jul 22, 2008, 01:11 PM
okiku dolls... off of s ranks.

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=236&pictureid=1753[/spoiler-box]

Dragwind
Jul 22, 2008, 02:35 PM
I have to say I agree with the Okiku dolls :x

Pipiruu
Jul 22, 2008, 02:53 PM
I have to say I agree with the Okiku dolls :x

Do you really find them that often on S runs? o.o;

blkbeast
Jul 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
There's a few things I can't stand...

1. When I'm told not to use ramegid by any type of fighter class, even though I only cast it once to tag, and every other second I'm spamming resta or reverser because they can't dodge of fight properly. (Happens quite often)

3. When people think they can solo the mission on their own, and thus break away from the group and kill things ahead (lose exp and can't heal them when they are miles away [even with max resta])

Yea for being a techer these are all very very true the 1 you left off is when you happen to be saving the world from segac and you grab the wrong resist and say you get asleep or stuned and NO ELSE IN A FULL PARTY can pop a SOL TO HELP YOU...and your the only techer and ppl wanna yell at you for not healing them when your under a staus effect. my pet peeve lol
sry if sum1 already posted dis 1 but it should be stressed

Dragwind
Jul 22, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well, not S runs, but from failing synths.

Pipiruu
Jul 22, 2008, 03:32 PM
Well, not S runs, but from failing synths.

Ohhhhhhh. Yeah, that would be upsetting..

Vercix
Jul 22, 2008, 03:37 PM

OMFG I can't stand that...that's one reason I hate joining parties because I can't say anything or boot them out of the party...it's like wtf...you get less exp, I get less exp, EVERYONE loses!

Aries2384
Jul 22, 2008, 03:38 PM
Today, I was doing a WB S run and i got yelled at by a cast at the end of the run because I shot a trap that was spraying Ice. Apparently, the cast wanted to build their SUV. While I have no problem with this. I have a problem with the fact that not once did the person sayanything in chat or over their headset. Communication, assholes, is a tool. Use it. I am not a mind reader. Use your mouth and/or finger for something other than eating junk food all day.
Pet peeve. Dont get mad when someone does something you like and you didnt express so beforehand. We have keyboards on headsets on the 360 and im finding the less and less people use them. Sad really.

Rambo!
Jul 22, 2008, 03:55 PM
Lolicons

relentless
Jul 22, 2008, 04:12 PM
Lolicons

You make me a sad rappy.

Pet Peeve. Anti-lolicons.

Rust
Jul 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
Lolicons

[spoiler-box]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3577/psu20080720220832001em3.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Now, now, Rambo!... You gotta explain me how you can be anti-lolicon and enjoy hentai at the same time. :disapprove: