PDA

View Full Version : Which support class puts out the most damage?

dreamcaster0
Jul 8, 2008, 12:58 AM
GT? WT? AT? Or something else you consider "support," though I don't know what. I want to make a healing/buffing character that can also put out decent damage and can solo with a decent amount of ease (don't need FF OMGPWNZ everything power). Any recommendations on race/class?

S.T.K
Jul 8, 2008, 01:03 AM
BEAST WARTECHER!

lv 30 skills
lv 30 TECHS
lv 30 Supports(when master classes come out)
lv 20 Bullets

chaoskila
Jul 8, 2008, 01:11 AM
wartecher definitely.
[but too bad it sucks.]
i also thnk it dosnt have lvl 30 supports yet. but i might be rong.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 8, 2008, 01:21 AM
Honestly it all comes down to the level caps for each PA type.

Skills/Bullets/Attack_Technics/Support_Technics
WT is 30/20/30/20 (will be 30/20/30/30 after future update).
GT is 10/40/20/30 (will be 10/40/30/30 after future update).
AT is 20/20/30/40 (will be 20/20/30/50 after future update).

Just pick the one that suits your style the best.

HoLyFiNcH
Jul 8, 2008, 01:25 AM

wartecher isn't getting lvl 40 skills? ewww..

R2D6battlebot
Jul 8, 2008, 01:38 AM
Guntecher is easiest to solo with, my friend hits for 1000+ with his bows, and hits for around 600s with his machineguns/crossbows, and he's usually better support than FTs because he almost always has a wand in-hand. He does amazing damage for a support char, hes a M Cast so he has Paradi as well. I'd go with Guntecher.

Iduno
Jul 8, 2008, 03:54 AM
Wartecher but it isnt a support class (dunno why people keep calling it one guessing its just lazy fighters who think techer = heal slave ¬_¬ )

pikachief
Jul 8, 2008, 04:06 AM

guntecher already got that update! lol

Seority
Jul 8, 2008, 05:56 AM
Guntecher is easiest to solo with, because I play it.

lolwut?

Wartecher does most damag, but support sucks ballz.

What about FT?
1/30/40/30 =)

Ezodagrom
Jul 8, 2008, 06:36 AM
guntecher already got that update! lol
As far as I know, GT only got the TP boost, haven't got lvl 30 techs yet though x.x (not completely sure)

desturel
Jul 8, 2008, 09:56 AM
What about FT?
1/30/40/30 =)

>.>

10/30/40/30 now
10/30/40/40 later

Kizeragi
Jul 8, 2008, 10:38 AM
Acrotecher.
Speed is more important than power.
Argue with me if you want.

lantis-zagato
Jul 8, 2008, 11:51 AM
gt only has level 20 attack spells for the moment on xbox

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 8, 2008, 11:57 AM
I do enjoy how everyone argues with the guy who just listed the non-biased level caps for the 3 support classes. I did omit the FT from the list but the caps listed by destural are correct.

In my opinion the AT is the only class that will have a place in a party once the Master classes are released. With the highest support technics and the best buffs of any class it will help the Master classes to deal the most damage within the shortest amount of time. Any class can deal damage, but only one class can offer level 50 support technics. And anyone who thinks that the FT will be a bettter choice, try telling a FF and FiM that an extra 4% ATP does not matter to them.

One future note is that the Guntecher, who has exclusive use of S-rank Crossbows, will become quite formidable once the better S-rank items begin dropping. Add to this the use of S-rank RCSMs, which they share with the AF, and they are only getting better. They still will not match up to a GM but are not as weak as most people consider them.

Ethateral
Jul 8, 2008, 12:00 PM
Fortetecher is the best I think for support and damage wise. Acrotecher can as well, just not as well in my own personal experiences. Wartecher... I'm not too fond of. Guntecher I haven't tried yet, but plan on it sometime soon.

thebummers
Jul 8, 2008, 12:03 PM
You can do what I do and play a Male Beast WT (as some others have mentioned). You can melee pretty much everything but robots (who get nukes). Use a card or bow on flying bosses or melee-resistant mobs. WTs really aren't "expected" to support much right now because they don't have 30 supports yet. I pretty much Giresta the group and occasionaly spot heal everyone in a tough fight (which is rare). But if you are one of those players who really likes to help out your group then go AT.

Ethateral
Jul 8, 2008, 12:15 PM
You can do what I do and play a Male Beast WT (as some others have mentioned). You can melee pretty much everything but robots (who get nukes). Use a card or bow on flying bosses or melee-resistant mobs. WTs really aren't "expected" to support much right now because they don't have 30 supports yet. I pretty much Giresta the group and occasionaly spot heal everyone in a tough fight (which is rare). But if you are one of those players who really likes to help out your group then go AT.

I love supporting my group as a FT! :P I do it even when I'm playing a non-support class, lol. XD I'll waste all my Stars on people. o-o It's just a mentality thing.

It's true that I have hardly seen a Wartecher really bother to heal, but they do still have support for themselves. I've seen more Wartechers with just Megistar, Resta and Giresta on them. Possibly few attack spells, but mostly skills for them. I agree that Wartecher is more attacking than supporting, even if the support is still there for them.

Kinako78
Jul 8, 2008, 12:18 PM
Acrotecher.

No argument here. :)

JAFO22000
Jul 8, 2008, 12:29 PM
Acrotecher.

With this logic, I assume Acrofighter is more important than Fortefighter???

Colonel Mustard
Jul 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
Acrotecher, to me, at least, is a luxury, but unnecessary, class to bring along. If you have, as I do, a good group of players, then an acrotecher, with 31+ support, is nice to help out, but, all in all, I don't think most, um, whipmasters, are that helpful. I'd rather, to be honest, not share drops, rares and such, with awful players, again whipmasters, merely for the sake of better buffs, after all the game is easy, since, in my experience, they rarely can put down the whip long enough to cast them.

L, as they say, OL.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 8, 2008, 12:56 PM
Acrotecher, to me, at least, is a luxury, but unnecessary, class to bring along. If you have, as I do, a good group of players, then an acrotecher, with 31+ support, is nice to help out, but, all in all, I don't think most, um, whipmasters, are that helpful. I'd rather, to be honest, not share drops, rares and such, with awful players, again whipmasters, merely for the sake of better buffs, after all the game is easy, since, in my experience, they rarely can put down the whip long enough to cast them.

L, as they say, OL.

Haha. If you think that "whipmasters" are properly played ATs then you are sadly mistaken. I do agree with everything you said regarding "whipmaster" but please do not generalize all ATs into this category.

A good rule of thumb is that for every whip on the ATs palette, the worse the AT actually plays.

Colonel Mustard
Jul 8, 2008, 01:04 PM
Ah, Chicago, I spent a long year there one winter, if you know what I mean, but, unfortunately, I don't think you do, since you misunderstood my post.

More simply, I hope, what I meant to convey, although perhaps, not perhaps, obviously, it could have been more clear, was that most, by which I mean nearly all, acrotechers are horrible at support, but they sure do use, to put it kindly, their whips. An acrotecher, not merely homonymously, but in essence, actually, would be helpful to a good group, but not necesarry, again, to this good group.

Yes, my friend?

Kizeragi
Jul 8, 2008, 01:21 PM
With this logic, I assume Acrofighter is more important than Fortefighter???

My Acrofighter with some of my elitist equips could beat out alot of Fortefighters, so yes.

Sega011
Jul 8, 2008, 02:11 PM
So no real conclusion has come from this lol. I played a little bit of Beast WT so far and a little Cast GT. Can't decide which I like more, however, the GT is easier considering I can card/wand or crossbow/wand so put out damage and heal where as the WT I have to switch back and forth to do anything.

Llord Bacchus
Jul 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
maybe the best bet would be to level them all up to 10 and kinda decide for yourself bro ...

i've played as a fortetecher, wartecher and acrotecher (no guntecher yet sadly) and really enjoyed them all

wartecher did great with striking attacks and personal healing/buffing

acrotecher was great to buff/heal an entire room frpm nearly across the map and then go to melee or ranged rather easily

fortetecher was fun for the immense damage 31+ techs do and decent buffing/healing

personal style as well as working with the group you normally play with really

Sekani
Jul 8, 2008, 02:24 PM
According to my calculations, against an average enemy, killing speeds are as follows:

Fortefighter: fastest
Acrofighter: faster
Acrotecher: fast
Fortetecher: fast
Guntecher: fast
Wartecher: faster

JAFO22000
Jul 8, 2008, 02:26 PM
According to my calculations, against an average enemy, killing speeds are as follows:

Fortefighter: fastest
Acrofighter: faster
Acrotecher: fast
Fortetecher: fast
Guntecher: fast
Wartecher: faster
JAFO22000: More fastester

Fix'd!!!!

unicorn
Jul 8, 2008, 02:33 PM
1. Acrotecher
2. Wartecher
3. Fortetecher
4. Guntecher

Dragwind
Jul 8, 2008, 02:35 PM
Keep the discussion on-topic folks.

There are going to be many ideas discussed, but don't flame others for their own. Everyone is entitled to their own idea and opinion for the OP's question.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 8, 2008, 02:35 PM
If you don't care about the support being good, then WT.
If you do care about the support being good, then AT.

Also,
tit sucks. How did no one catch this yet?

S.T.K
Jul 8, 2008, 05:20 PM
AT = WT with crappy weapons, better buffs, and a little bit faster

but after the update ATs will be WT with crappy weapons who attack faster

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 8, 2008, 05:27 PM
Ah, Chicago, I spent a long year there one winter, if you know what I mean, but, unfortunately, I don't think you do, since you misunderstood my post.

More simply, I hope, what I meant to convey, although perhaps, not perhaps, obviously, it could have been more clear, was that most, by which I mean nearly all, acrotechers are horrible at support, but they sure do use, to put it kindly, their whips. An acrotecher, not merely homonymously, but in essence, actually, would be helpful to a good group, but not necesarry, again, to this good group.

Yes, my friend?

Seriously, do you get paid for every comma you use? I can't see how I would misinterpret you post since you say everything so concisely.

I am curious how you feel that as you said yourself: "...what I meant to convey... ...was that most... ...acrotechers are horrible at support", when they are the only class with level 31+ support technics? Do you mean that all support is worthless? If so why don't you simply state your opinion instead of writing in such an annoying fashion.

A good (interpret this word however you would like) AT can support their party and provide additional damage. A party that never has to worry about status effects and healing themselves can focus more intently upon dealing damage. This makes a good party much, much better as a result. The only exception to this is if you run a mission that is much to easy for your party and the AT's support is not needed. In this case it will not matter if the AT uses whips since they no longer need to provide any support.

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 05:32 PM
My Acrofighter with some of my elitist equips could beat out alot of Fortefighters, so yes.

Hmm...I really have to question that one. ;/

On-topic, everyone has their own opinion on the subject, so you aren't going to get a clear cut answer on this. But for you, I'd probably say WT or AT would suit you best if you want a class that can support and melee decently. fT would be best for damage and support, but I'm not sure you want a job that does nothing but tech. You didn't really specify there. ;x

S.T.K
Jul 8, 2008, 05:37 PM
Seriously, do you get paid for every comma you use? I can't see how I would misinterpret you post since you say everything so concisely.

I am curious how you feel that as you said yourself: "...what I meant to convey... ...was that most... ...acrotechers are horrible at support", when they are the only class with level 31+ support technics? Do you mean that all support is worthless? If so why don't you simply state your opinion instead of writing in such an annoying fashion.

A good (interpret this word however you would like) AT can support their party and provide additional damage. A party that never has to worry about status effects and healing themselves can focus more intently upon dealing damage. This makes a good party much, much better as a result. The only exception to his is if you run a mission that is much to easy for your party and the AT's support is not needed. In this case it will not matter if the AT uses whips since they no longer need to provide any support.

never has to worry about status effects?
Hahaha...
show me an AT that ALWAYS has their healing/Buff wand out, and i will show u a Fighgunner that doesnt use a Double Saber

they are too busy using their whips to bother buffing and healing

Kizeragi
Jul 8, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hmm...I really have to question that one. ;/

On-topic, everyone has their own opinion on the subject, so you aren't going to get a clear cut answer on this. But for you, I'd probably say WT or AT would suit you best if you want a class that can support and melee decently. fT would be best for damage and support, but I'm not sure you want a job that does nothing but tech. You didn't really specify there. ;x

I'd show you, problem is I'm on PS2, so no screenies :/ Until my new PC comes at least.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 8, 2008, 05:42 PM
AT = WT with crappy weapons, better buffs, and a little bit faster

but after the update ATs will be WT with crappy weapons who attack faster

After the update is 50 no longer greater than 30?

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 8, 2008, 05:47 PM
Hahaha...
show me an AT that ALWAYS has their healing/Buff wand out, and i will show u a Fighgunner that doesnt use a Double Saber

Can you say stereotype? Play in one of my parties and you will see one.

Llord Bacchus
Jul 8, 2008, 05:49 PM
Hahaha...

when i played as an acrotecher i never really used the whip - i built the pa arts up while i was playing with my character as a wartecher - didn't really like the weapon that much anyway to tell you the truth

as a acrotecher i wanted the buffs (debuffs too) as high as i could possibly get them - all those in my party had to run away pretty far from me if they didn't want to get buffs constandly - lol

Colonel Mustard
Jul 8, 2008, 06:02 PM

A good (interpret this word however you would like) AT can support their party and provide additional damage. A party that never has to worry about status effects and healing themselves can focus more intently upon dealing damage. This makes a good party much, much better as a result. The only exception to this is if you run a mission that is much to easy for your party and the AT's support is not needed. In this case it will not matter if the AT uses whips since they no longer need to provide any support.Despite your insults, which are, I think, entirely uncalled for, I am going to take a moment, just one, to let you know, though I have to imagine you already do, that what a thing, in this case an acrotecher, can do, namely cast high level buffs, and what a thing, acrotecher again, does do, namely not pay attention to support, are different.

So, I guess this is a second moment, despite what I said above, when I say that most, which means not all, acrotechers are bad at support, what I mean, rather clearly, is that most, which means not all, acrotechers fail to support. This, manifestly, leaves open that some, which means not most, acrotechers, with high level buffs, might do what they can, excel at support, by casting high level buffs and maintaining proper status.

And that, sir, is that. I say good day! No comma in that!

Mikura
Jul 8, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'd show you, problem is I'm on PS2, so no screenies :/ Until my new PC comes at least.

I'm on PS2 as well, so I can sympathize. ;x But I'm still not sure. Don't get me wrong, AF can do nice damage, but you'd have to compete against some pretty crappy fFs to be out-damaging them. Though from what I've seen on Uni 2, most do use pretty sub-par weapons.

Llord Bacchus
Jul 8, 2008, 06:06 PM
Despite your insults, which are, I think, entirely uncalled for, I am going to take a moment, just one, to let you know, though I have to imagine you already do, that what a thing, in this case an acrotecher, can do, namely cast high level buffs, and what a thing, acrotecher again, does do, namely not pay attention to support, are different.

So, I guess this is a second moment, despite what I said above, when I say that most, which means not all, acrotechers are bad at support, what I mean, rather clearly, is that most, which means not all, acrotechers fail to support. This, manifestly, leaves open that some, which means not most, acrotechers, with high level buffs, might do what they can, excel at support, by casting high level buffs and maintaining proper status.

off topic - sorry

honestly, i like your style there colonel - commas, or no commas

S.T.K
Jul 8, 2008, 06:09 PM
Despite your insults, which are, I think, entirely uncalled for, I am going to take a moment, just one, to let you know, though I have to imagine you already do, that what a thing, in this case an acrotecher, can do, namely cast high level buffs, and what a thing, acrotecher again, does do, namely not pay attention to support, are different.

I, agree, i think?

Ri0T
Jul 8, 2008, 06:16 PM

If you're putting down an entire guardian type because in your experience, you've never run with a decent AT (which is easy to experience in your case, because it seems like you just run with your own group apparently), then you really should not be giving an an opinion on it.

When i play with my own group it only consists of 2 players. That is all we need, for the hardest missions. It consists of a Fortefighter and a Fortetecher. It is not even the greatest of Guardian type combos. Yet, we still don't need a bit of help. Does that mean i put down every other Guardian type in the game?

I have run with Acrotechers who support well. They are few in number but they are there. This is the same for every guardian type in the game, actually. Only a handful of people play their type well.

I can't believe you think the insults from Glyph were uncalled for? I happen to remember an L(comma) as they say(comma) OL. I think that's where all the heated responses from your original post came from, sir.

TecherRamen
Jul 8, 2008, 06:23 PM
No argument here. :)

For Sure.

Its the most balanced class there is.
30 attack magic
40 support
20 melee
20 Bullets

It's never at a disadvantage for the strongest form of damage for a particular situation.

Colonel Mustard
Jul 8, 2008, 06:39 PM
If you're putting down an entire guardian type because in your experience, you've never run with a decent AT (which is easy to experience in your case, because it seems like you just run with your own group apparently), then you really should not be giving an an opinion on it.

When i play with my own group it only consists of 2 players. That is all we need, for the hardest missions. It consists of a Fortefighter and a Fortetecher. It is not even the greatest of Guardian type combos. Yet, we still don't need a bit of help. Does that mean i put down every other Guardian type in the game?

I have run with Acrotechers who support well. They are few in number but they are there. This is the same for every guardian type in the game, actually. Only a handful of people play their type well.

I can't believe you think the insults from Glyph were uncalled for? I happen to remember an L(comma) as they say(comma) OL. I think that's where all the heated responses from your original post came from, sir.I am glad, truly, that you, whoever you are, and I, Colonel Mustard, agree that acrotechers who support well are, indeed, few in numbers.

But enough about practice, what "is", let us, you and I, together, turn toward theory, about what "can be."

Wait, I realize, at this point, while I am now typing a response, that I have already covered, several times, in fact, both, above-mentioned, aspects.

It is, with deep regrets, then, that I must say, or confess, really, that I do not, fully, understand why you so vehemently agree with me, in saying much what I said, by pretending to disagree with me, by hurling insults and men of straw. Well played, Riot, whoever you are and whatever you have not posted. You're an, outrageous, genius. Outrageous!

norrisj15
Jul 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
You people go to be kiding. Acrotecher easily does the most DPS. Whips can destroy anything either of the other 2 classes can put out. Also they get the best buffs outa the group so they'll be more useful in that aspect.

HELLBOT
Jul 8, 2008, 07:53 PM
wartecher definitely.
[but too bad it sucks.]

your right it has 20 support on my beast i got wartecher to 20

Kismet
Jul 8, 2008, 08:54 PM
wartecher definitely.
[but too bad it sucks.]

The only thing around here that sucks is your spelling. XD First of all, Wartecher isn't a support class ANYWAYS. Second, let's go play class favoritism somewhere else, okay? Good.

The obvious answer to this thread is Acrotecher. Because if you think about it, there are only two support classes (besides Fortetecher, I'd suppose). GT and AT. And GT does not have AT's support technic lvls, so AT is the winner by default (not to mention that AT is stronger in combat as well, since AT can nuke better than GT, as that's it purpose anyhow).

Now, whether or not this carried out in your presence or not is up to the player behind the character~

mll
Jul 8, 2008, 08:59 PM
WT's get A rank whips (most of the damage from whips come from the % not the *, due to low ATP) an extra 10 levels on the pa's and a higher ATP mod. So by your reasoning WT would be the strongest (pretty sure GT is stronger actually once you start getting some lvl. 40 bullets).

EDIT: sorry post directed at NorrisJ15

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 8, 2008, 09:24 PM

I appluad the writing style that you are using but will have to wait for a translation before replying this time. For some reason I can't find a way to translate your text using Babelfish. It's not working in English and I cannot seem to find a category for 'Desperately Seeking Attention'.

I have stated my case multiple times for the AT but if you care to reply in plain text for the benefit of everyone I will discuss the issue further with you at that time.

Note: You used 33 commas in your last post. Please make sure that you get paid for all of them.

_K1_
Jul 8, 2008, 10:20 PM
Guntecher is easiest to solo with, my friend hits for 1000+ with his bows, and hits for around 600s with his machineguns/crossbows, and he's usually better support than FTs because he almost always has a wand in-hand. He does amazing damage for a support char, hes a M Cast so he has Paradi as well. I'd go with Guntecher.You can't compare an excellent GT against terrible FTs and claim that it has anything to do with the classes involved. A Newman/Human FT will do far more than 1000 damage against multiple enemies with Gi- or Ra- techs and can use support techs as well as a GT can, but with the bonus that an FT can focus on TP (and thus will tend to be Newmans/Humans), while a GT needs ATA and ATP as well (and thus will tend to be low-TP CASTs). That said, bows aren't a GTs strongest weapon (and FTs can use them with lvl 30 bullets), so I don't think comparing them to FT output is even meaningful.

If you care about support, go AT. It has decent output with a nice variety of techs, melee, and ranged weapons. The speed bonus is very nice, and you will always dominate the support category. Otherwise, go FT if you like techs, or GT if you like guns. I personally don't like WT, so I can't really say much for it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 8, 2008, 11:12 PM
show me an AT that ALWAYS has their healing/Buff wand out, and i will show u a Fighgunner that doesnt use a Double SaberThe funny thing is that I actually play both of those.

Ethateral
Jul 8, 2008, 11:59 PM
Hahaha...

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Party with me when I'm an AT. I'm constantly healing/reversering/buffing. No need to stereotype.

dreamcaster0
Jul 9, 2008, 12:27 PM
There has been absolutely no consensus in this thread... Some people say AT puts out the most damage (which is awkward IMO, especially melee ATs) then some say WTs do but theyre not really a support class, others say GT because of their magic and not guns, and FTs are generally just said to be that... FTs.....lol

Dragwind
Jul 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
I think the problem here is that the definition of "support" seems to vary beyond just support technics. Some people may be thinking of support in battle terms, damage, knockup/knockback/down, tanking ability, combination of all, etc.

Perhaps making a list of the requested classes and describing their stronger points might contribute to how they can help with damage output, but it's a very vague comparison to judge on.

Fhin
Jul 9, 2008, 03:14 PM
show me an AT that ALWAYS has their healing/Buff wand out

My AT has always a Madoog (when I use melee stuff) or a Wand (when I use guns) out. =P

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 9, 2008, 03:39 PM
There has been absolutely no consensus in this thread... Some people say AT puts out the most damage (which is awkward IMO, especially melee ATs) then some say WTs do but theyre not really a support class, others say GT because of their magic and not guns, and FTs are generally just said to be that... FTs.....lol

The kicker is that there is only one true support class and that is the AT. Yes the WT can deal more damage than an AT (this is a fact so please do not try and say otherwise) but their support technics are so pitiful that they cannot support anyone but themselves effectively, especially when you consider the weapon palette they require in order to be effective in combat.

A GT can currently support very well but once the class updates take effect they will become more of a healer than a true support class similar to the WT currently. As I have stated previously the GT will become very effective once some better S-rank Crossbows and RCSMs begin dropping but until that time they will never reach their full potential.

AT=The only choice for a true support class but has limited damage potential.
WT=Highest damage with very limited support capability.
GT=Average currently but will become a much more potent class in the future.

After the update the only two classes that should use party buffs are the AT and FT. The GT and WT should stick with Megistar unless their party requests otherwise. Resta and Reverser are always needed. Giresta falls into the category of a buff and should not be used by a GT or WT unless an AT or FT is not in the party. Debuffs are currently worthless so they are not an issue.

Disagree all you want with these points but it would take an exceptional class to break free of these guidelines or a very specific party setup.