PDA

View Full Version : steal peoples GT?

deadpool612
Jul 9, 2008, 07:27 PM
So I havn't played PSU for awhile now and for the 2nd time I have got random messages from soms noobs saying hey got to this site and get free MS points. You have to type your e-mail and put your password in there. then they hack you.It's funny.... do people suck so bad they have to steal peoples GT? frist message was from ZTNoLuck(lol) then this last one i got tonight was from cj102385. this is the message(DON'T DO THIS SITE!!!!) Hey ECKO, I found this website where you can get 1,600 microsoft points each day. All you do is sign in once a day to get your points. I already have 7,200 microsoft points its awesome.

Check it out, the website is blah blah blah....

Well If you get anything like this don't do it.

RubyEclipse
Jul 9, 2008, 07:30 PM
First I'd suggest removing the website. Best to avoid giving these sites any chances to steal more logins. (It would be awesome if people were not dumb enough to fall for these, but some do look very convincing and it's obvious that (albeit sadly) they do work.)

Second, can you hook me up with a player ID# of the user(s) in question? :)

Edit - actually, were these sent to your XBL inbox in weeks/months past? These guys have been removed for a while, but we can definitely kick them back out if they're trying to sneak in under new accounts and repeat the behavior.

deadpool612
Jul 9, 2008, 07:34 PM
Well it was over XBOX live I got this. I wrote not to do that site. the gamer tag is there tho.... and he plays PSU. BUT AGAIN PEOPLE DO NOT DO THAT SITE!!!

Kizeragi
Jul 9, 2008, 07:36 PM
Uh yes, this is fimilar to me also. I get random messages via Xbox Live all the time, your best bet is to ignore them.

deadpool612
Jul 9, 2008, 07:37 PM
ZTNOLUCK sent on like a month ago. and cj102385 sent it at 6:22 tonight. he must of played alot of this gamertag because he has 13,000 GS. ZTnoluck never got banned or anything i see him hope on sometimes. prick is on my friends list

Uh yes, this is fimilar to me also. I get random messages via Xbox Live all the time, your best bet is to ignore them.
ignore them!? no you have to write xbox... doing nothing means some one down the road will fall for it. its agnist the law to do that. XBOX needs to punish these people. not just ban them.

RubyEclipse
Jul 9, 2008, 07:48 PM
I realize you wrote not to go to the site, my suggestion was to remove it because you copy/pasted the entire message and any guests skimming might actually think you're serious. It's just a safeguard suggestion. :)

Do you have player ID's for either of the users? (300... etc)

deadpool612
Jul 9, 2008, 07:53 PM
no i havnt played PSU in months..... but next friday im getting a new xbox so i can get you ZTNOLUCK's. but the other guy was a random i have no clue who he is. just got his gamertag.

MiniBrian
Jul 9, 2008, 07:57 PM
lol i was playing halo and i got a message like that from someone i played PSU with. and it was funny cuz they put my name in there to make it sound casual.

Turb0
Jul 9, 2008, 11:59 PM
Surprisingly, I don't think I've ever received one of these messages, although I have seen a few people spamming "Free MS points, blah blah" on the 4th floor and at white beast before. Public chat probably isn't as credible because people can say things sarcastically making fun of those who really say it, but if I see someone spamming this again, Ruby, would you want the person's number to investigate?

bLOODSAW
Jul 10, 2008, 12:17 AM
If you ever get a message with a fairly obvious scam site, immediately record any info you can about them (GT, character name, ID number) and report them. I saw someone spamming a scam website url in the white beast lobby saying it would give you free meseta. I immediately reported his character name, ID number and gamertag to SEGA. He was banned within 3 days of me reporting him. (Sega was nice enough to email me saying they banned him and to keep an eye out for more stuff like that)

Any chance you get, report someone who willingly sends you scam websites promising free shit. Filthy scammers have no place on xbox live or psu (or anywhere for that matter).

Turb0
Jul 10, 2008, 12:29 AM
I will for sure if they're obviously promoting a site like that, but I meant like if it's hard to tell what their intentions are. (Example: someone like the OP, saying the site but actually warning people not to go to it)

GaNksTa
Jul 10, 2008, 01:18 AM
Ha! After four minutes from receiving that message I had already sent in a ticket at SEGA PASS with ID#, GT and picture.

deadpool612
Jul 10, 2008, 01:32 AM
Yea I called XBOX but the call kept failing. So I wrote them a email. They said call XBOX.... well I'm sure this guy won't be using XBOX live for long.

SabZero
Jul 10, 2008, 10:03 AM
It's known as phishing ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing ) and is illegal because it's fraud. Report anyone that is trying to get your password out of you, in any situation.