PDA

View Full Version : masterforce

mooonbow
Jul 9, 2008, 11:00 PM
iv said it before and ill keep saying masterforce needs somthing to make up for only having 3 weapons i suggested lvl 50 megistar but no now how about S rank range mags. since these mags use tech as the attack then they would be grat for master force. iv recently ran around on my guntecher useing S rank range mags and S rank wands for attacks. i must say this is a pretty fun way to play. once gun techers gets lvl 30 attacks spells im gonna ditch my suporting nater and go attack.

str898mustang
Jul 9, 2008, 11:04 PM
I think them having 3 weapons is fine.....and yes, I'm going to be playing as a MF

Turb0
Jul 9, 2008, 11:42 PM
Those 3 weapons are pretty much all you need for a specialized techer though. Even though range mags run off of tp, they're not really "tech" weapons, so I don't see why they would need them.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 9, 2008, 11:50 PM
Masterforce is fine how it is.

The idea of the Master Types is being good at the weapons that are best for the "Master" damage dealers of that type.

No weapon types out-damage Axes, Spears, or Swords... and Double sabers are cool too.....

Rifles have knockback and great element % at high levels, lasers are ridiculous at high levels, shotguns tear things apart especially some multi-part enemies, and twin handguns do good damage fast.

Tech mags for speed, Wands for balance of speed and power, and rods for power. Nothing else a person needs for damage with Techs cuz you can't Tech with anything else.

Honestly if MF got anything else added to their palette I'd see card over ranged mag....

Inazuma
Jul 10, 2008, 12:09 AM
the 3 weapons are fine. but MF could really use improvement in fighting single enemies such as bosses. against normal groups of monsters, MF can do pretty well but really falls short when its time to fight the boss. you would think that MF would have the best offense in the game to balance out having the worst defense in the game but thats never the case w/ ST's crappy history of game balance.

2 great ways to fix this would be to either let techs hit multiple targets on the same monster, or give newmen a racial ability. compared to MF, FM and GM have better offense, defense plus kick ass racial abilities.

but despite the horrible job at balance, MF is still very good imo. the poor defense really isnt a problem b/c its easy enough to survive in this game. having quick access to resta and regene is great. unless you die instantly, you shouldnt have a problem taking care of yourself.

chaoskila
Jul 10, 2008, 12:13 AM
what do else do you want???????
a bow lolololo [veryyyyyy mediocre compared rifle]

Powder Keg
Jul 10, 2008, 12:17 AM
R-Mags isn't a bad idea, but just the three they have now will probably be fine.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 10, 2008, 12:41 AM
2 great ways to fix this would be to either let techs hit multiple targets on the same monster, or give newmen a racial ability. compared to MF, FM and GM have better offense, defense plus kick ass racial abilities.
Play a different race to balance out the horrible defense?

But I agree with the Techs hitting multi target idea. Have since day one.

Turb0
Jul 10, 2008, 12:57 AM
Yeah not all MFs are newmans so that wouldn't really be a solution for the class.

Seority
Jul 10, 2008, 02:27 AM
All the ra-techs should keep one box per target, same with megid, but all the others should have 2+ hit boxes ability.

Indica
Jul 10, 2008, 02:28 AM
Im gonna go Masterforce also. At first I was not happy about giving up my Bow, but then I just LV Nosmegid and Noszonde and that should be ok

ErtaiClou
Jul 10, 2008, 05:21 PM
If Fighmaster gets twin swords and Gunmaster the grenade launcher, then I'd say give Masterforce R-mags. Not that they really need it. But If they want to give the other classes needless weapons, might as well keep them up.

Ezodagrom
Jul 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
I would say ratechs, gitechs and nostechs (noszonde and nosmegid) being able to hit the multiple hit points on big monsters and bosses.
About barta, zonde and megid, those shouldn't hit big monsters on their different parts though, should just hit them once (like chikki and laser cannons).

Ruru
Jul 11, 2008, 03:23 AM
I would say ratechs, gitechs and nostechs (noszonde and nosmegid) being able to hit the multiple hit points on big monsters and bosses.
About barta, zonde and megid, those shouldn't hit big monsters on their different parts though, should just hit them once (like chikki and laser cannons).

agreed.

as for MF i'm still torn... can't stand the low level support and the not even a handgun to shoot that target when i solo. but i like the idea of 50 attack techs and fast cast...

Turb0
Jul 11, 2008, 03:30 AM
There might be more of a chance of me staying MF if my level 41+ spells wouldn't look like 21 to everyone else. That's making it so hard to motivate myself to level them any higher lol.