PDA

View Full Version : PSP Demo FAQ

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 05:11 AM
There's a lot of questions floating around, and a lot of topics made for just 1 question at a time lol. Lets see if I can get them all in here at once.

Where do I get this demo?
Currently you can only get the demo through a download or a torrent. It is against forum rules to post a direct link though. You can also wait until the 14th and download it off the Japanese site i believe, it'll be a great way to spend those 2-3 days when PSU will be offline!

I don't know Japanese, how am I supposed to know in this demo what class I chose?
When you make a character dont move the class thing unless you know what your doing. The first class will always be Hunter, go right and your at Ranger, go right again and your at Force.

What Classes are in the demo, what can they use, and what are the req. for them?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146433<------ weapons
http://psupedia.info/PSP:Phantasy_Star_Portable#Type_requirements_and_c aps <------ requirements

How do Classes effect drops?
The drops you get from enemies depends on your class. The enemies have a much higher chance of dropping a weapon that is equip-able to your class. So for example, if you are a Hunter you will get mostly striking weapons.

How does the drop system work when playing multi-player?
The party leader's class will determine the drops of the party. Also if a rare is picked up the rare will go to everyone.

Whats different about drops in PS:P?
You can now get Meseta from boxes! Photon arts and clothes will now drop in missions! In the demo clothes do not drop because you can't change clothes in the demo. Weapon Badges also seem to drop in the missions, and will have a use in the full game. Grinders also drop fully made in missions.

Have they changed grinding in this game?
Yes! You now get grinders fully made in missions. Your weapons can no longer break but when grinded gain random stat boosts.

Synthesis?
There seems to be no more synthesis in PS:P! :O Everything drops fully made now, and weapons and armors are very random now! You can possibly get a 1% weapon and a 50% weapon right next to each other.

If there is no more synthesis what purpose will my PM serve?
Because there is no synthing, there is no need to level up a PM. your PM type is selected when u create your character. You get it's card after beating the 1st story mission. She serves as a unit of information. She can tell you how many runs you did where, and the stats and info of certain monsters you have fought before and so on and so forth.

How do you go about selecting missions and such?
The lobby system was taken out. You now navigate through the mission counter and shops of each planet using menus with background pictures of where you are.

What Limitations does the demo have?
[spoiler-box]Parum only for free missions.
You can only play the story mission once.
PAs only go to lvl 11.
You can't change classes.
Besides the Story Mission, there are 3 Missions.
Plains Overlord and Train Rescue are C and B rank.
Scared Planet is C rank only.
Level Cap is 20.
You can only make 1 character at a time.
There is only the GRM shop in Parum.
You cannot go to your room or anywhere else other than Parum.[/spoiler-box]

Can you transfer your character from the console game to the Portable game?
Yes you can along with your demo character!!

If you import from your console your character will start off with either whitll wings or the Healing SUV depending if your character is a cast or not. Also, only 20 lvls of your character and 10k of meseta will be transferred along with whatever clothes you were wearing.

If you import your character from the demo than anything and everything from your demo character will be moved over. This is the use of weapon badges being collected in the demo.

Also, because its only in Japan right now, there is no word on whether u can import your US character into the JP game as of yet.

Is there any form of storage or any way to transfer items?
So far in the demo at least there is no way of storing or transferring. I am unsure about the full game though.

How does the performance of this game compare to the console versions?
The game seems to run smoothly offline and online, although it does get a bit of slowdown when there is a large amount of things going around (like the pretty baton's heart effect) Of course the demo is all downloaded onto the memory stick so it has no disc to read, but hopefully the full game will run just as smooth.

Is the Just Attack and Just counter system still in this game?
Yes.

Is this game online?
No, this is an Local multi-player and offline single player game. There is a program called Xlink Kai that allows u to play Local games online though :)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146358

And no there is no fee.

Umm...... how do u save? hehe ^^;
When you press start in a lobby it should be the last option to the right. It also asks you to save after every mission. The top option is yes, the bottom is no.

If there are any more questions any of you feel the need to be added into this FAQ guide please let me know and post it here. I will be updating this another time with what weapons drop in the demo.

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 05:18 AM
Awesome on the fly link to my thread :D

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 07:45 AM
Well made FAQ pika. ^^
This should help most people who are having problems.

watashiwa
Jul 10, 2008, 11:30 AM
I have a question... how is the gameplay performance? PS2 version lags and such... does the PSP version have serious issues like that?

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
I have a question... how is the gameplay performance? PS2 version lags and such... does the PSP version have serious issues like that?

Not that I've noticed, It runs pretty smoothly online also. Only thing was the Pretty Baton (doubles that shoots hearts) seems to cause a little slowdown.

Hiroko
Jul 10, 2008, 12:38 PM
Can you transfer your character from the console game to the Portable game?
Yes you can along with your demo character!!

If you import from your console your character will start off with either whitll wings or the Healing SUV depending if your character is a cast or not. Also, only 20 lvls of your character and 10k of meseta will be transferred along with whatever clothes you were wearing.

If you import your character from the demo than anything and everything from your demo character will be moved over. This is the use of weapon badges being collected in the demo.

Any word on the ability to import a character from the US PC/PS2 version?

Rhedrimond
Jul 10, 2008, 02:27 PM
I have another question, as well-- is there any type of storage in the demo, or are we just stuck with our 60-item inventory?

I know we cannot access our rooms, and it is just the demo, so it would make sense if we had the low item limit.

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2008, 02:55 PM
Well done. Try to keep it accurately updated, and we'll see where this can go.

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
I have another question, as well-- is there any type of storage in the demo, or are we just stuck with our 60-item inventory?

I know we cannot access our rooms, and it is just the demo, so it would make sense if we had the low item limit.

Theres no storage at all. Just sell the things you don't need, I never find myself struggling for space at all.

furrypaws
Jul 10, 2008, 03:32 PM
Is the Timing system used for this one? The Just Attack or whatever it was called from AoI?

That could actually make or break my purchase, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how good the game is. It looks pretty awesome now though.

Ken_Silver
Jul 10, 2008, 03:44 PM
Is the Timing system used for this one? The Just Attack or whatever it was called from AoI?

That could actually make or break my purchase, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how good the game is. It looks pretty awesome now though.

I have the demo as well and I'll try to answer any quesions that people have.

Yes. There is Just Attack in PS:P, but I don't know about Just Counter. But I haven't experienced the counter yet. But I don't see any reason to have one over the other.

deso123
Jul 10, 2008, 03:52 PM
put instructions on how to install the downloadable demo onto a PSP.

Ken_Silver
Jul 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
put instructions on how to install the downloadable demo onto a PSP please.

Fixed and okay. :D

It's not too hard. Once you get the demo, place the U-something folder in the Game folder in the PSP folder. If you haven't downloaded any games before, it should be empty. I hope that was specific enough. I don't have my PSP on hand to check it myself.

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 04:14 PM
I have the demo as well and I'll try to answer any quesions that people have.

Yes. There is Just Attack in PS:P, but I don't know about Just Counter. But I haven't experienced the counter yet. But I don't see any reason to have one over the other.

That's good to know, I picked Ranger as my class so I couldnt really tell. I can answer that Just Counter also exists in PS:P. ^^

Alura
Jul 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
o_o how do you save.

Ken_Silver
Jul 10, 2008, 04:27 PM
o_o how do you save.

Simple.

When in any lobby, Press START and then move over to the last option available. That is the save function. The top answer is yes and the bottom is no. One option goes through a bunch of text: that's the yes answer. Those text boxes are the "saving" text and the "save complete" text.

Alura
Jul 10, 2008, 04:49 PM
Simple.

When in any lobby, Press START and then move over to the last option available. That is the save function. The top answer is yes and the bottom is no. One option goes through a bunch of text: that's the yes answer. Those text boxes are the "saving" text and the "save complete" text.

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 04:54 PM
Updated! I think i got everything so far :P

Tyreek
Jul 11, 2008, 04:02 AM
I have an important question regarding importing. Can you explain how this is done? Does the character data HAVE to be from your online data? Or is it your Story Mode data? That has been a very important portion of my question for quite some time now.

Quebe_Lae
Jul 11, 2008, 05:14 AM
I do believe its the online character that you can transfer... but, since we only have the demo, not quite sure how exactly to go about doing it.

AnamanaAU
Jul 11, 2008, 05:30 AM
Also, in the demo you can't sell Scape Dolls or Photon Art Disks for easy money :(

Kizeragi
Jul 11, 2008, 07:02 AM
Also, in the demo you can't sell Scape Dolls or Photon Art Disks for easy money :(

That might be changed in the full game, but I doubt it will be. Demo =/= Beta :/

AnamanaAU
Jul 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
Any easier and the game would play itself for you.

Kizeragi
Jul 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
Any easier and the game would play itself for you.

That's true, I have about 600k meseta already anyway <_<;

Tyreek
Jul 16, 2008, 08:26 PM
I do believe its the online character that you can transfer... but, since we only have the demo, not quite sure how exactly to go about doing it.

Thats gonna be quite annoying then. If people really want to transfer their characters, they would have to probably resubscribe if they might have canceled, instead of going by their offline data.

Darksidehearts
Jul 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
One thing I think should be noted if it hasn't been already is that your PSP needs to be the 3.95 Official firmware or 3.95 and above Custom Firmware. Personally I use 4.01M33-2 and to me it works great. I do as well tend to wonder how you can transfer data from the demo. I checked Sega's sites and can't find a thing about it other than the fact that "you can do it in the game" so chances are that may be something that's for the final version. Which is a bit of a let down as we inticipated that you'd be able to do that in the demo as well. Unlesss you rip apart the EBOOT and try to trace back all the ad-hoc roots to see if it's there or not which I'll do if I get the time tonight, I'm too busy playing it right now lol. Well anyway I suppose Sega will not go about screwing us over here though, I mean if anything I'm sure we can use the save file from the demo in the full version.

One question though, I started to notice that the items and elements in this demo seem to be AOTI based now what will that mean for some of use Original PSU users? I haven't upgraded yet because I lack the space on my laptop unless I use and external but I like to take the game with me ergo I wouldn't make myself immobile from playing. Also I like to take the game to the PS2 when I get home. Well anyway so I would imagine this may be only for AOTI users which I hope wouldn't be the case here. ^^; Ah well I suppose there is too much to tell right now. I mean this is a demo after all, things change here and there and the way the final will come out can be different.

I'm sure someone will find a way to use the demo and create an exploit to transfer the JP items to the US version, the only thing will be if Sega bans this or not. I mean they weren't fans of people using the JP items on the PSO servers a long time ago remember? I'd stay safe to things like Meseta or item's known to be in the US version at least until they come up with a list of what we can do.

Well anyway as far as things go, I'll keep playing and enjoying this demo until more info or data is found. :-?

Kizeragi
Jul 18, 2008, 11:56 AM
One thing I think should be noted if it hasn't been already is that your PSP needs to be the 3.95 Official firmware or 3.95 and above Custom Firmware. Personally I use 4.01M33-2 and to me it works great. I do as well tend to wonder how you can transfer data from the demo. I checked Sega's sites and can't find a thing about it other than the fact that "you can do it in the game" so chances are that may be something that's for the final version. Which is a bit of a let down as we inticipated that you'd be able to do that in the demo as well. Unlesss you rip apart the EBOOT and try to trace back all the ad-hoc roots to see if it's there or not which I'll do if I get the time tonight, I'm too busy playing it right now lol. Well anyway I suppose Sega will not go about screwing us over here though, I mean if anything I'm sure we can use the save file from the demo in the full version.

One question though, I started to notice that the items and elements in this demo seem to be AOTI based now what will that mean for some of use Original PSU users? I haven't upgraded yet because I lack the space on my laptop unless I use and external but I like to take the game with me ergo I wouldn't make myself immobile from playing. Also I like to take the game to the PS2 when I get home. Well anyway so I would imagine this may be only for AOTI users which I hope wouldn't be the case here. ^^; Ah well I suppose there is too much to tell right now. I mean this is a demo after all, things change here and there and the way the final will come out can be different.

I'm sure someone will find a way to use the demo and create an exploit to transfer the JP items to the US version, the only thing will be if Sega bans this or not. I mean they weren't fans of people using the JP items on the PSO servers a long time ago remember? I'd stay safe to things like Meseta or item's known to be in the US version at least until they come up with a list of what we can do.

Well anyway as far as things go, I'll keep playing and enjoying this demo until more info or data is found. :-?

People will find a way to do this.
You can't be banned for doing it either.

DemiGT
Jul 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
nice info, also you should consider putting in the fact that you cant fail grinding. thats a MAJOR factor i think a lot of people would not necisarily ask but love to know

Quebe_Lae
Aug 19, 2008, 12:56 PM
Is it easy to take the save file of a character and put it on your computer so you can try a different character?

*total PSP newb*

laz305
Sep 5, 2008, 02:48 PM
hey is there an easy way to pause the game? cuz when I put it in stand-by mode every time I come back it says something and I get 2 choices and either one I pick quits the game.

Masaru
Sep 12, 2008, 09:37 PM
hey is there an easy way to pause the game? cuz when I put it in stand-by mode every time I come back it says something and I get 2 choices and either one I pick quits the game.

It's telling you that the wireless connection was broken and it gives you the chance to save your data and exit. So you really can't pause.

By the way, does anyone know if Beasts can obtain nanoblast in the demo? I don't think that they can, but I'm not sure. If they can, could someone tell me how to get it for my Beast character?

EDIT: Dammit. Beasts got screwed over in the demo. That's kind of lame.

T_Esquire
Feb 7, 2009, 04:08 PM
Any word on the ability to import a character from the US PC/PS2 version?

I have to ask this, too, as I've been a purist over playing the PS2 version. Also, will you lose the character from the console version in the process?

Amherst_Wind
Feb 7, 2009, 04:22 PM
I have to ask this, too, as I've been a purist over playing the PS2 version. Also, will you lose the character from the console version in the process?

It was confirmed a long time ago that they wont be keeping that feature in the US release. :(

GULD&MILLA
Feb 17, 2009, 04:58 PM
I was reading somewhere on the internet that5 when you transfer your character from the demo to the real game, you can only take 10k meseta. Is that true? Or can you take all your money, because i have 560K in my demo game.

Masaru
Feb 24, 2009, 04:57 PM
I was reading somewhere on the internet that5 when you transfer your character from the demo to the real game, you can only take 10k meseta. Is that true? Or can you take all your money, because i have 560K in my demo game.

Anything that you have in your demo game will carry over. The 10k limit was for transferring your character from the online servers to the portable game.

laz305
Mar 4, 2009, 08:41 PM
ok hopefully these 2 questions can be answered easily or I'll have to start a new thread for them.

How do you feed the mag?
How do you unequip a weapon so I can sell it or drop it?

Masaru
Mar 6, 2009, 01:39 PM
ok hopefully these 2 questions can be answered easily or I'll have to start a new thread for them.

How do you feed the mag?
How do you unequip a weapon so I can sell it or drop it?There are no mags to feed.

You can unequip a weapon by going to 'Add to Action Palette' and selecting the name of the already equipped weapon.

poophead19
Mar 23, 2009, 02:07 PM
define "local", I want to see if its really worth buying in my area. I doubt their will be a few people playing in my town :/

OriginalB
Mar 23, 2009, 04:03 PM
if you have xlink kai or PS3 its not local at all, poophead19.

Xlink Kai or PS3 Adhoc will put you essentially online to play with other people from... uh.. anywhere.

poophead19
Mar 24, 2009, 02:53 PM
if you have xlink kai or PS3 its not local at all, poophead19.

Xlink Kai or PS3 Adhoc will put you essentially online to play with other people from... uh.. anywhere.

So glad I got a PS3 XD tyty