PDA

View Full Version : machine gun glitch

fay
Jul 10, 2008, 05:16 AM
yea not sure if you heard about this yet but just found out the other day.
i dont mean the glitch that was about ages ago and now its fixed. theres a new machine gun glitch about.
im not gonna say how to do it for obvious reasons though.
and before any one says i sucks for using it. i dont use it. i always play fortetecher or acrotecher so i cant even use machine guns.

does sega know about this yet so it can be fixed? its rather annoying to see someone take thousands and thousands of damage of damage within less than a second ¬_¬

Seority
Jul 10, 2008, 05:29 AM
Yep.
Yep.
And yep.

Middle
Jul 10, 2008, 05:29 AM
I wonder how it works, because ppl who were in a group where a people used that glitch were banned from the MAG Leaderboard... ... so i want to prevent to get in someones group where they are glitching....

fay
Jul 10, 2008, 05:30 AM
okies =]. saved me the trouble of actually mailing sega about it...not that they would have listened anyway :/

to be fair i didnt mind the guy using it in the mission i was doing as it was a timed mission, bruces dungeon.
usually id say no though

NDW
Jul 10, 2008, 05:33 AM
That is really unfortunate that there is yet another way to do the machine gun glitch. I wonder when will be the day when it cannot be performed any longer. I have something to point out also.

i always play fortetecher or acrotecher so i cant even use machine guns.

Acrotechers can use A-rank machine guns.

fay
Jul 10, 2008, 05:39 AM
wtf. they can haha. never knew that.

well i only play them two classes and i dont use anythign other than rods,wands,mags ¬_¬

dogg i think you were in the group with me on bruces dungeon the other day when it happened. though you may have lagged out that time.
elemental girl is my name

NDW
Jul 10, 2008, 05:46 AM
wtf. they can haha. never knew that.

well i only play them two classes and i dont use anythign other than rods,wands,mags ¬_¬

dogg i think you were in the group with me on bruces dungeon the other day when it happened. though you may have lagged out that time.
elemental girl is my name

Hey ELEMENTAL GIRL! Yeah, I was the one lagging out all the time. I still have to consult my ISP about that. I swear if I can't get this DSL fixed I'm going to be forced to switch to cable Internet. AT&T just doesn't like me or something...

fay
Jul 10, 2008, 05:50 AM
i know how you feel mate.
my router is on the floor below me and i ALWAYS have a bad signal. sometimes it just decides to cut. soooooooo annoying.

plus it also lowers the speed of which i illegally download stuff =[

Yunfa
Jul 10, 2008, 06:39 AM
plus it also lowers the speed of which i illegally download stuff=[

- who doesn't? :D
- make sure you're not downloading anything when playing, you will experience less d/c and faster gameplay.
- I have a 30foot ethernet cable running thro my hallway upstairs into my dad's office for the cable modem, because in my mind I feel MUCH better about direct link up rather than being "wireless," Altho In reality it probaly won't make much of a difference, but still. :P

HiroChicken
Jul 10, 2008, 10:53 AM
I was playing in a group of random people the other day and we were doing some White Beast runs (I needed money -_- ). Then one guy comes in holding just a machine gun and it's killing stuff rather quickly. Well one of the players asks him how he is firing it so quickly, and the Machine Gun Guy says that he is using a glitch. After that everyone blows up on him and he tries to defend himself, but fails.

Kerry157
Jul 10, 2008, 11:00 AM
I heard the new version of the glitch is not as useful as the other ones

Kylie
Jul 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
:lol: People just can't help but make an easy game easier, I guess.

kua1
Jul 10, 2008, 01:23 PM
MGG owns for running solo runs hunting stuff.

Kerry157
Jul 10, 2008, 01:29 PM
yea, if you know the glitch >>

deadpool612
Jul 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
I think Id use the gitch when running solo. But I don't know it... so no glitching here

fay
Jul 10, 2008, 06:33 PM
was just thinking there.

with using this you could level your PAs pretty damn fast :S

its not as easy to pull it off this time but its still not that bad, if you use the machine guns.

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 06:53 PM
I wonder how it works, because ppl who were in a group where a people used that glitch were banned from the MAG Leaderboard... ... so i want to prevent to get in someones group where they are glitching....

THOSE PEOPLE, were the first to report it LOL

it was reported during MAG and it still has no word of a fix yet :/

Apone
Jul 10, 2008, 07:34 PM
This new glitch is real wierd and when someone told me what they do just to get it to work I just have to wonder who the heck thinks up these things? I mean GEEZ! Its not worth the effort for anyone but the loneliest soloers.

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 07:37 PM
that method works on the PS:P too BUT it doesnt recharge! HAH!

they fixed all mechgun glitching possibilities in the PSP version!
instead of guns recharging PP in ticks, it recharges 1 PP at a time, and certain guns just go up faster than others :P Thus preventing the glitch that when the mechgun ticks it fully recharges :)

Btw this is only with guns lol

Sylsha
Jul 11, 2008, 06:11 PM
Anybody can tell me how to recognize this when people are doing it? I was in a party once where I doubt that people may have been using this glitch, but not being able to recognize it did not help. I left anyway, just to be on the safe side, but I would like to know if there is a good way of telling if they are doing it?

I know, with the old machine gun glitch, I could see how they were holding their Machine gun up to kinda fix it, I could see them firing all the time and also, I could NOT see the bullets coming out of their guns. I could also see very fast damage being delt to the monters. So when I saw that I knew it was time to leave the party LOL

I am just not sure if it looks the same now. I really do not want to play with glitchers, so any help on how to recognize glitchers and avoid them would be appreciate. Thanks ^_^

Para
Jul 11, 2008, 06:42 PM
Which version are you talking about?

I heard rumours about it still being on the 360.

Apone
Jul 11, 2008, 07:24 PM
You can still recognize the glitch same way as usual... I think its being spread on purpose in response to the whole SEGAC era.

fay
Jul 11, 2008, 08:30 PM
easy to tell if they are doing it. the monster there hitting will receive damage a lot quicker than normal.
you will notice them dropping items at a point as you have to for the glitch to work.
i think they have to keep fireing all the time though it looks like it cuts out sometimes. the bullets are just invisable at that point

Sylsha
Jul 12, 2008, 02:11 AM
Thanks fay, that is awesome info. I was kinda confuse last I see this, since it was hard to tell if the monsters were being dealt damage faster then usual as 3 people were using machine gun. The only thing I could notice was that the monsters were dropping real fast, abnormaly fast and then I left just to be sure I wouldn't be involve with a glitching party. Thanks I will watch for these ^_^

Brainwrecked
Jul 12, 2008, 04:04 AM
that method works on the PS:P too BUT it doesnt recharge! HAH!

they fixed all mechgun glitching possibilities in the PSP version!
instead of guns recharging PP in ticks, it recharges 1 PP at a time, and certain guns just go up faster than others :P Thus preventing the glitch that when the mechgun ticks it fully recharges :)

Btw this is only with guns lol

The machine gun glitch doesn't refill PP every tick. If you watch the PP bar, it's not an entirely smooth depletion. On your way down you get small up-ticks in PP at the regular PP refill intervals, but then after so many ticks you get all that PP back. It's almost as if the server is keeping sanity checks and dismissing the client's data about PP usage after a while.

Edit: Scratch that, the ticks are 5 seconds long. But the depletion still isn't smooth.

But this "who controls the player's PP" is not consistent.

Anyone who has suffered bouts of lag can tell you that it looks like the server has the final say on PP. If you have just enough PP left for one more PA and you're in the middle of lag, you can keep going with that PA until the client receives word on your PP total. It also works in reverse, which is to say that if you don't have enough PP left and you're lagging, you'll have to wait for your client to catch up, at which time you will get back the PP you deserve.

So honestly, wtf?

Edit: Actually, I found out what was up while using my techer tonight. There's two classes of PP usage which I'll call "steady drain" and "chunk drain." The "steady drain" PAs like Megiverse and any Machine Gun PA will deplete you PP locally and report to the server every 5 seconds. The "chunk drain" PAs will report PP usage to the server immediately.

Anyway...This would explain why it doesn't work in Phantasy Star Portable -- there's no central server to contact and no data corruption to look out for. Local ad-hoc network reliability > internet reliability, so there's less reason to do sanity checks on the data you receive. Ad-hoc networking = limited effect of hax, so there's even less reason for sanity checks.

Kelvie
Jul 12, 2008, 10:15 AM
i always play fortetecher or acrotecher so i cant even use machine guns.

So, here is another machinegun glitch : I can use a machinegun as an Acrotecher. Oô

Personnaly, I wouldn't mind using a machinegun that shoots even faster than usual. Not because of the numbarz haxx (I don't give a shit about numbers), but 'cause the faster it shoots, the better it feels.
But as soon are other peoples are involved, it becomes a nuisance.

RandomTask
Jul 15, 2008, 01:48 AM
easy to tell if they are doing it. the monster there hitting will receive damage a lot quicker than normal.
you will notice them dropping items at a point as you have to for the glitch to work.
i think they have to keep fireing all the time though it looks like it cuts out sometimes. the bullets are just invisable at that point

Just so you guys know, there are still several versions on the 360. One of which doesn't involve the dropping of any items (actually the first time I heard that one so could be 3+ versions now). Sega will never fix it unless they change how the gun works = never getting fixed.

Big B
Jul 15, 2008, 01:52 AM
Make that 4 if your not counting the stationary one.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 15, 2008, 02:03 AM
Well on the 360 version.....if i join 10 seperate parties about 6/10 of them had atleast 1 person doing it.....

i joined this one party full of fighgunner n this one guy was teachin the rest how to do it :-S

Big B
Jul 15, 2008, 02:08 AM
Knew it would happen sooner or later, but i thought Pika sending a detailed report and me showing ruby in game would get it fixed before it became widespread. It's ridiculous. they have known how to do it for 2 months now and done nothing. It's better off if they don't bring MAG back cuz it will be ruined by this. -_-

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 15, 2008, 02:11 AM
Knew it would happen sooner or later, but i thought Pika sending a detailed report and me showing ruby in game would get it fixed before it became widespread. It's ridiculous. they have known how to do it for 2 months now and done nothing. It's better off if they don't bring MAG back cuz it will be ruined by this. -_-

hmmmm they could "temporaily" nerf machinegun PAs to the fact that you do 100 damage per hit with lvl 130 Cast LVL 20 FG and a 10/10 Drumline lmao

GlowSticks
Jul 15, 2008, 04:19 AM
Just sit and laugh, due to them getting a possible ban for doing it. :D mm hax