PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Wartechter

Zaft
Jul 10, 2008, 12:15 PM
Heya. So I got this game when it first came out, but was unfortunately disappointed, especially with the new content on my home game WoW, so I quit for awhile. My friends have said that the game has improved a lot, so I'm coming back to give it another go :)

I have a question though, about Wartechter. I wanted to play it, because I played FOmar and HUmar on PSO, however, I saw that you couldn't cast spells while wielding a melee weapon because the wand took up that spot.

Has that changed? I would love to play Wartechter, but I reaaaaally don't want to be stance-dancing (ok, not stance, but you know what I mean) every few seconds to get a spell off.

Thanks in advance guys :) Looking forward to coming back. I miss how fast-paced this game is compared to WoW.

Step 1: Press 1 for curse of reck
Step 2: Press 2 for life tap
Step 3: Press 3 for shadowbolt until felmyst dies
Step 4: ???
Step 5: EPIC LEWT

Ahkaskar
Jul 10, 2008, 12:18 PM
If you can deal with being stuck with a one-handed weapon, you can use it with a TCSM/T-MAG which uses the left hand slot instead of the right hand slot like a wand.

youthisoverrated
Jul 10, 2008, 12:19 PM
well now you can have a tech mag in the left slot so it should work i think

Ezodagrom
Jul 10, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well, now Wartecher can use Maddogs, or Tech Mags. Those weapons are kinda like the wands, with less TP, more PP and they're faster. The best thing about them is that they use the left hand slot, the gun slot. So you can use a melee weapon paired with a madoog.

youthisoverrated
Jul 10, 2008, 12:22 PM
but that is only if you have AOTI

Zaft
Jul 10, 2008, 12:22 PM
Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm fine with a one handed weapon, since the only two handed weapon I ever used on my FOmar was the Soul Harvester (for good melee, that is).

Thanks a lot guys.

Hmm. Though I guess in reality everything on PSO was 2 handed. Heh.

Ezodagrom
Jul 10, 2008, 12:26 PM
Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm fine with a one handed weapon, since the only two handed weapon I ever used on my FOmar was the Soul Harvester (for good melee, that is).

Thanks a lot guys.

Hmm. Though I guess in reality everything on PSO was 2 handed. Heh.

Btw, to use Tech Mags you need the PSU expansion, Ambition of Illuminus.
For PC and PS2 it doesn't need the original PSU disk to play, on XBOX360 it needs the original PSU disk, but you download the expansion from XBOX Live...I think.

youthisoverrated
Jul 10, 2008, 12:44 PM
Btw, to use Tech Mags you need the PSU expansion, Ambition of Illuminus.
For PC and PS2 it doesn't need the original PSU disk to play, on XBOX360 it needs the original PSU disk, but you download the expansion from XBOX Live...I think.

Yes you need the original disc and then download the expansion from the marketplace

Zaft
Jul 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
That's fine. I have it coming in from Amazon right now.

Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to playing again.