PDA

View Full Version : Desert Goliath S2 slow-down

Judgement
Jul 10, 2008, 02:27 PM
I was bored the other day and decided to run Desert Goliath since I've never really done the mission, however, the fun came to a screeching halt when all of block 2 became slower than molasses in January. Is slow-down common or was I just having an off day?

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2008, 02:30 PM
I was bored the other day and decided to run Desert Goliath since I've never really done the mission, however, the fun came to a screeching halt when all of block 2 became slower than molasses in January. Is slow-down common or was I just having an off day?

On 360? It's common. There are maps you can run which will give you no slowdown and maps that give you slowdown when you run them. You got one of the latter maps. There are people here who know the slowdown vs. non-slowdown maps for this mission. It's a shame that ST doesn't know them....

Ezodagrom
Jul 10, 2008, 02:30 PM

You're on XBOX360?
If yes, looks like the xbox360 version as slowdown problems on some (or all) missions with robots...I think it's a memory leak problem or something like that x_X

fay
Jul 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
on 360 i dont think so to be honest.
iv ran the mission loads of times. in the older days i couldnt play it because it was so bad. lately though iv not had any slowdown. i actually think sega may have fixed it.

it was only me and 2 NPCs though so maby thats why it wasnt like that.

Judgement
Jul 10, 2008, 02:41 PM
Well, that sucks. I wanted to do that mission for awhile because I actually like it but, if it's a problem that can't be fixed without Sega's help then I better look for another fun mission.

desturel
Jul 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
iv ran the mission loads of times. in the older days i couldnt play it because it was so bad. lately though iv not had any slowdown. i actually think sega may have fixed it.

The maps are still there. There are only two slowdown maps on DG out of 12 possible variations (three different maps, 9 regular layouts, 3 rare layouts). Seven of the normal maps and all three of the rare layouts do not cause slowdown.

On the map where you have a laser fence over a bridge to the left in front of you and you have to head right to pick up a key, if you get the Tirentos (four orange missile robots) then you have a bad map. The map with Seekers (four pink missile robots) and the map with Bolmata (2 dome-shaped pink robots) and Kanohne (blue rifle casts with mayalee/sleep shot) are okay maps where there won't be slowdown. The map that starts out with four Seekers is the potential rare map, so pay attention to what type of robots you get at the beginning. A friend of mine was just abandoning when he saw four robots show up without paying attention to which robots they were.

On the map where you head straight downhill there are no problem maps.

On the map where you head to the left through a tunnel to get to an open area with creatures, if you have two Kanohne then it's a bad map. The problem with this bad map is that it is also the correct initial spawn for the rare map so by abandoning the map you also kill your chances to get the YG01U bugges.

Turb0
Jul 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
ST does know them, or at least chill does. What desturel said is right, but if you're more of a "visual learner," check out this post. (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=842686#842686)

McLaughlin
Jul 10, 2008, 03:44 PM
Stay away from robots.

desturel
Jul 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
Honestly I'm less worried about Desert Goliath as the maps there are consistent in giving slowdown. Grove of Fanatics on the other hands, sometimes I'll do a particular run and get slowdown. Other times I won't. The only map that gives me slowdown 100% of the time is the map that you run up the long room to the T-section. When you go to the right room you have 3 Otsu32 (blue robots). That particular map always gives me slowdown starting the second block. The crossroads map and the map with the small keyroom vary. Sometimes they give me slowdown. Sometimes they don't.

Sacred Stream, Train Rescue and Rogue's Shortcut I haven't mapped out. I also don't know if the Robot map on Stolen Weapon is affected. I do know that AMF Military Subway doesn't have problems.

Funny enough I get the robot slowdown on Endrum Remnants from time to time. The map that starts with the locked door right in front of you and you have to run up and around to get the key. If you start that map and get the Kanohne on the second block you'll start off with Tirentos. If you pay attention you'll notice that the Tirentos don't make any noise. No missile fire noises and no warning beeps. That's the exact patten that occurs in all of the other slowdown maps, but because you have so few robots on the actual second block, it tends to clear up before things get really slow. One time doing it as a fortefighter and standing in the middle of the explosions, I noticed the slowdown begin to affect me, but again, I got through the end of the block without any major slowdown issues. Since the third block of that particular map has Bugges, I don't have to worry about the slowdown getting any worse. I generally reset as a matter or principal, but I'm not sure just how many runs I would need to do before that map actually becomes bad enough to require a reset. I might try doing that map and then heading over to Sacred Stream to see if the slowdown carries over to there or not.

*edit*

Stay away from robots.

Heh, do the Robot maps. Because everyone else is afraid of robots and unwilling to do the maps, you can get some big ticket items that are relatively easy to get by doing the runs. ;)

Golto
Jul 10, 2008, 04:20 PM
They can't be bothered to fix something that only effects less than 200 Japanese 360 psu players. The thousands of other 360 psu players do not count in their eyes.

ErtaiClou
Jul 10, 2008, 05:05 PM
Prehaps mission spotlight refresh this issue with ST. Or they could just point to Lonely Lab. Yeah, probably the latter.

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 05:34 PM
Stay away from snipers.

FIXED.

Me and my friends all just stay away from sniper spawns. if the sniper spawns in the first block abandon. u should be fine like that

APEXi
Jul 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
abandon the mission if on block 1 you get the blue rifle guys as the first spawn