PDA

View Full Version : demo

Newman_Gh0st
Jul 10, 2008, 03:29 PM
I got the torrent. But how do i convert it to put on my psp?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 10, 2008, 03:35 PM
You just put it on your PSP, in the games folder. You don't have to convert anything.

Newman_Gh0st
Jul 10, 2008, 03:38 PM
How do i put the torrent file in my psp game folder?

Whenever i put it in there it doesn othing. do i make it its own foldeR?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 10, 2008, 03:42 PM
Er, you just have the .torrent file? You have to actually download the demo, the torrent is just instructions for a torrenting program.

Newman_Gh0st
Jul 10, 2008, 03:46 PM
The torrent can be converted into a .rar file using utorrent.
After that i dont know how to put the rar file on my psp
And yes a torrent is not instructions i have to extract the game from a torrent file

beatrixkiddo
Jul 10, 2008, 03:50 PM
You have to uncompress the .rar with WinRAR.

Newman_Gh0st
Jul 10, 2008, 03:52 PM
after i do that when i put it in my games folder do i make a folder for it?

BahnKnakyu
Jul 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
You're getting the process mixed up.

There is NO CONVERSION WHATSOEVER. As beatrixkiddo said, the torrent file is simply a file describing what you are going to download. It also tells your BitTorrent client, i.e. uTorrent where the tracker for the file is. A tracker is basically a "middleman" that keeps track of everyone who's seeding and downloading the file. When you open the file within BitTorrent, it starts a file download - much like KaZaa and LimeWire, but instead of just downloading it from one person, it downloads and hosts pieces of the file from many different people.

After the file finishes downloading, the result is a RAR file. You need to use a program like WinRAR to extract the contents of the file. The resulting file will most likely be a folder. How you get the game to play on your PSP is up to other people giving you the instructions on that part. There is no conversion done.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
you put the ULUSLSULSJwhatever I forget the name folder, into GAMES.

deso123
Jul 10, 2008, 04:03 PM
The ULJM91014 folder goes into GAMES folder on your PSP.

Newman_Gh0st
Jul 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
got it thanks for the help guys

D1ABOLIK
Jul 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
Where can i find a DL for OFW???

beatrixkiddo
Jul 10, 2008, 10:18 PM
Official Firmware? Should be able to find it on Sony's website.

D1ABOLIK
Jul 10, 2008, 10:20 PM
Official Firmware? Should be able to find it on Sony's website.

Not on the us site, and i dont know japanese. =/

mvffin
Jul 11, 2008, 12:40 AM
if you have a wifi connection, you can use Network Update to install the newest OFW. Go to the top icon in the far left column of your PSP home menu (XMB).

D1ABOLIK
Jul 11, 2008, 01:18 AM
if you have a wifi connection, you can use Network Update to install the newest OFW. Go to the top icon in the far left column of your PSP home menu (XMB).

I already have the newest update. But can i get the demo on official firmware, and if so how???