PDA

View Full Version : more IRL gameage!

Sord
Jul 10, 2008, 10:13 PM
Starting Tuesday and lasting through Friday I will be taking hazmat removal classes funded by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency.) Each day will be 9 hours of training, then the following week I'll be shipped to Iowa to work on the flood relief. I'll be making $17 and change an hour, with time and a half for overtime, and there's a good chance that will be there. Long work weeks and long hours. I'll be busting my ass off anywhere from probably 2 weeks to 2 months. I don't know exactly how long at this point. During that time I will probably not be here, I will be staying in hotels and such, so I need to pack light, meaning no PC. I will be not be here for awhile, nor be available for voice or any podcasts.

SpikeOtacon
Jul 10, 2008, 10:14 PM
And you tell me to not play IRL. :disapprove:

Tact
Jul 10, 2008, 10:15 PM
We'll miss you, Sord!

Have fun. :wacko:

Sord
Jul 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
And you tell me to not play IRL. :disapprove:

Ai, because it sucks, and once you're in other players refuse to let you out.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
Can you buy me a computer with that? :wacko:

Tell us of your adventures when you get back, eh?

astuarlen
Jul 10, 2008, 10:31 PM
"Have fun" hardly seems appropriate.

Have fun.
At least you'll be making the bucks.

Ranmaru
Jul 10, 2008, 10:34 PM
Play hard. :P

Sord
Jul 10, 2008, 10:48 PM
Can you buy me a computer with that? :wacko:

Tell us of your adventures when you get back, eh?

Hell no of course. It'll be going towards a car and insurance, so I can actually get a real job in my actual field, computer networking, and it would be local obviously. Its the fastest way to get cash, and right now one of the only ones. All the retail jobs and fast food jobs around here have mostly been taken up by high schoolers on summer break, no one really needs help. There's a lot of downsides to this, I'll be missing my birthdy, I'll be missing a concert me and a friend have planned to go to for months. As of right now it looks like I'll be losing even more, something that means a great deal more to me. But I'm not one to go into that kind of stuff. Life has dealt me a pretty shitty hand atm.

Shadowpawn
Jul 10, 2008, 10:56 PM
At least you'll get to travel and make a nice wage as well. Just don't piss anyone off while you've over there. I don't want to hear about an FKLite getting skewed with a pickfork (because he's in the Midwest, get it? /poor taste) because some dude raged over his hat. >_>

Bah, what am I saying? Go and make the most out of it.

Toadthroat
Jul 10, 2008, 10:58 PM
Holy shit Sord is gunna be rolling in dough.
This is only step one in his plan.
He does some Environmental work. Meanwhile learning the hazards of radiation and the like. He gains a few friends, some followers. And then thats when the real fun begins...

Shadowpawn
Jul 10, 2008, 11:01 PM
BioHazard 7: Iowa? Will the T-virus be involved?

Ranmaru
Jul 10, 2008, 11:03 PM
BOOM HEAD SHOT. :3

Nai_Calus
Jul 10, 2008, 11:19 PM
You've really got to stop with this IRL shit. Stuff'll kill you, man.

(We'll miss you. ;~; )

Nitro Vordex
Jul 10, 2008, 11:21 PM
Just wait, soon I'll be growing up and be a spy for the CIA and doing srsrly bidnuss.

VanHalen
Jul 10, 2008, 11:50 PM
I'll miss you Sord ;_;

Airalean
Jul 10, 2008, 11:51 PM
*runs*

VanHalen
Jul 10, 2008, 11:54 PM
*sig(

Doppleganger

Chuck_Norris
Jul 11, 2008, 12:11 AM
That brings a new meaning to the word "Unoriginal". :disapprove:

Airalean
Jul 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
*locks doors*

Nitro Vordex
Jul 11, 2008, 01:10 AM
That brings a new meaning to the word "Unoriginal". :disapprove:

CHUCK NORRIS

FOCL.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 11, 2008, 11:45 AM
FOCL.

And me saying it makes it ALL the funnier. :wacko:

Ranmaru
Jul 11, 2008, 12:46 PM
FOCL.

Larian
Jul 11, 2008, 01:08 PM
Not really sure if the motive is for the $17 a hour, or if you want to help with the relief...Either way thats really awesome of you man. The work you do is actually going to do some good there even if nobody else really appreaicates it! Try to have fun out there and I'm sure a lot of us will miss you while your gone, but we know you always come back!! =D

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
You'll be doing hard and noble work, Sord. Take pride in the service you'll be providing to the people of Iowa. Good luck, out there.