PDA

View Full Version : GBR?

Kao
Jul 11, 2008, 08:14 AM
i was away from psu for a while when i guess the Moatoob GBR came out (i never got to play the winter event), i'm assuming it's moatoob because we only have forest of illusion, but can somebody explain what these are, i think sometime i read that it meant guardians boost road, and i've seen people talking about the increase in exp and drop rates and then they list missions, can somebody plz explain how this works?

Lyric
Jul 11, 2008, 08:19 AM
Basically you run a set of missions that Sega dictates as "GBR" The more you run the missions, the more the exp and drop percent increases. Just be sure to run all of the missions evenly to insure that you'll have the same boosts on every mission. That's about all there is to it. The next GBR should be starting soon (hopefully) and will be on Neudaiz.

Forest of Illusion is just a rare mission that can pop up anywhere on Moatoob, just in case you didn't know that.

RedMussel
Jul 11, 2008, 08:20 AM
GBR and FoI is two different things.

mll
Jul 11, 2008, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know what missions will be on the Neudaiz GBR

RedMussel
Jul 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know what missions will be on the Neudaiz GBRHill of Spores
Dancing Birds
Sakura Warpath
Sacred Stream
White Beast

S.T.K
Jul 11, 2008, 09:36 AM
ok...
what exactly is GBR?

EspioKaos
Jul 11, 2008, 09:43 AM
This (http://psupedia.info/GUARDIANS_Boost_Road) should explain it well enough.

S.T.K
Jul 11, 2008, 09:49 AM
oh, ok thanks

i wasnt around when that happened, so this is the 1st time iv ever heard about it

Ezodagrom
Jul 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
ok...
what exactly is GBR?

Guardian Boost Road. A group of missions that will have a certain type of boost for a month (other than 1st Parum GBR on JP that had an exp boost, all others had a boost in rares drops).
Our next GBR is going to be Neudaiz GBR, with the missions Hill of Spores, Dancing Birds, Sakura Warpath, Sacred Stream and White Beast.
When you run one of the missions, you earn points depending on the rank (I think it's 1 point on C, 5 points on S2). The mission that has the less points will make a boost in drops (up to 50%).

Points - Bonus
0-10 - 0-19% boost
12-26 - 20-29% boost
30-47 - 30-39% boost
50-65 - 40-44% boost
72-135 - 45-49% boost
155 - 50% boost

For example, if you have White Beast with 30 points, the other missions with somewhere around 20 points and Sacred Stream with 10 points, it's the 10 points from sacred stream will count, to increase your boost, you have to increase the points in all of the missions, because it's only the one with lowest points that count.

Also, the more members in the party, the boost from everyone is added.
For example, in 1 party if someone has a boost of 25% and 2 more members, one with 10% and the other with 30%, the boost of that party will be 65%.

thebummers
Jul 11, 2008, 10:02 AM
Should also add that there was some confusion as to whether the %drop boost affected the boss boxes at the end of a run. I think most people came ot the conclusion the boost only helped on mission drops along the way and boss boxes remained as crappy as ever.

Darius_Drake
Jul 11, 2008, 10:37 AM
Should also add that there was some confusion as to whether the %drop boost affected the boss boxes at the end of a run. I think most people came ot the conclusion the boost only helped on mission drops along the way and boss boxes remained as crappy as ever.

Yeah, that is the same conclusion the people I ran with came away with as well.

Kao
Jul 11, 2008, 01:24 PM
Thx for the help, sry about the confusion between foi and gbr, this helped alot

Shigecki
Jul 11, 2008, 05:22 PM
Actually the group that I ran with figured the opposite. I think we found 3 or 4 Gur Asteds in about 4 or 5 runs, as well as every boss drop that we could find, over and over again. Could just be coincidence, but we got the feeling that it was a boost to everything.

Darklighter
Jul 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
All I know is to hell with this GBR as I'm not doing damn White Beast.

mvffin
Jul 11, 2008, 05:38 PM
GBR and FoI is two different things.

But Seggac always releases things together, making people think they are related.

All I know is to hell with this GBR as I'm not doing damn White Beast.

Not even on S2? New drops? Drop rate increase? I'll at least run it once every 5 missions. Owait...

Darklighter
Jul 11, 2008, 05:42 PM
It is lame, like they need to give a reason to play friggan White Beast. UGH!!!

gryphonvii
Jul 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
Yet people still play white beast, and they will continue to do so, as for boss boxes, it won't matter as a ridiculous amount of people will be spamming missions even more than now so something willl drop.

BlueFire2k5
Jul 11, 2008, 10:20 PM
I really hope we do get the GBR plus all the missions associated with it soon. It'll be nice to have some new rares to hunt for. Plus, I hear Serafi-Senba boards drop more often on S2 rank, and I want to have a collection of those for my FF.

Hey, it'll be my first GBR, too. Should be interesting, at least. >_>

seph_monkey
Jul 12, 2008, 03:10 AM
GBR was pretty fun to me, having a rank was always nice and all. i also loved moa so i was really excited to do my favorite missions.

im pretty sure the boost effects the boss boxes, i was in a party with the 300% boost and the boss seemed to always drop an S rank.

yeah i do not like white beast at all, the only reason people do it is cause other people do it creating a cycle. i just do not play it at all but now seems like a gewd time to get all the GBR missions drops so i do not have to do it again

Clunker
Jul 12, 2008, 04:18 AM
Not that they will be here this YEAR (argh)...

But what will be the Parnum GBR missions?