PDA

View Full Version : Is there anybody else in America other than me that doesn't think ... ?

Abashi76
Jul 11, 2008, 08:37 AM
Is there anybody else in America other than me that doesn't think that men slapping women, inferior males, and children around? Everybody in the US was raised with the father being the disciplinary figure, as a result everybody thinks its kool for men to do that. Men are encouraged to beat their wives and children, and everybody thinks its really kool, and argues in favor of it. Anybody who disagrees is ridiculed. I feel like killing myself, reading all this misogynist shit all over the Internet. Likewise, men always slap women around on mainstream television (they are always the most popular tv shows and moves, everybody loves it); and women don't even touch men. Not only is all of that the case, but everybody gets REALLY OFFENDED whenever a women slaps somebody and gets away with it; alongside that they rant about the double standards in favor of women, in which only people over 50 even believe in anymore. Is there anybody in this cesspool of a country that doesn't think this way? Probably not, I never MET ANYBODY IN MY LIFE that had a different opinion, and when ever I express myself and dare to disagree, I get screamed at, spat on the face, and beaten up. I HATE THIS COUNTRY!!! Unfortunately, I have no choice but to live here.

Iduno
Jul 11, 2008, 09:11 AM
Well I dobt its as bad as you say (in britain we don't get much of that, probably because the girls can be just as bad or worse then boys in terms of violence and stuff lol)

And before you rant on about women not being allowed to go topless while men are...

A) How many women would actualy want to go topless in public and

B) Why would anyone feel the need to go topless anyway (if your on holiday you can go somewhere its allowed), how many men do you actually see going topless anyway? I know I've hardly seen any and haven't felt the need to do it myself.

Also I think you've probably offended all americans on the forum with your sweeping generalisations, are you trying to set a record for most ignored person on psow?

CelestialBlade
Jul 11, 2008, 09:12 AM
You think it's just this country? Your enemy here is human greed and ignorance, as with most problems.

Abashi76
Jul 11, 2008, 09:57 AM
You think it's just this country? Your enemy here is human greed and ignorance, as with most problems.

America is worse than average, and far more violent. The white American youth are more anti-women than most of the middle-east; in fact white girls in America (eg: Seority) view violence against women as being kool.

It is not universal, the entire world's gender roles are not like the American bubble, nor are they worse. Americans are taught to believe that the general view of gender is absolute, and that there are laws of humanity that are unbreakable. Americans oversimplify the world, but it in fact its much more complex than they believe it to be.

CelestialBlade
Jul 11, 2008, 10:35 AM
America is worse than average, and far more violent. The white American youth are more anti-women than most of the middle-east; in fact white girls in America (eg: Seority) view violence against women as being kool.

It is not universal, the entire world's gender roles are not like the American bubble, nor are they worse. Americans are taught to believe that the general view of gender is absolute, and that there are laws of humanity that are unbreakable. Americans oversimplify the world, but it in fact its much more complex than they believe it to be.
Uh. At least we don't force our women to cover up. At least we're not ripping out a female's clitoris so they feel less pleasure. At least women in this country have come a long, long way in recent decades. We're making a hell of a lot more progress towards equality than some other countries.

Yes, American does like to live in a bubble, but it's not like other places don't. And I'm not sure where you grew up, but I was never taught that patriarchal views are absolute. I was taught that women were every bit as capable at succeeding as men. I know the wages and workplace treatment are still different, but this movement has only been going on since World War II, centuries of patriarchal views aren't disappearing overnight.

Humans oversimplify the world, not just America. You're not gonna move to Europe and find a paradise.

Aisha379
Jul 11, 2008, 10:51 AM

Where the hell do you live anyway?

I'm not trying to bash your opinion or anything, it just seems like we both live in two totally different Americas to me, as ANYTIME I see someone getting the crap kicked out of them on TV, its always a male Vs a Male, or a female hitting a male. Except in a few cases of shows trying to prove a point - and even then it certainly isn't seen as "kool".

Like Typheros said, women have come much farther in America than ~most~ other countries.

And not everyone had a father as the disciplinary figure (I was spanked more by my mom than my dad - whut nao? D= )

You seem to have a generally valid point, but it is hardly as wide scale and nation-wide as you make it sound.

The white American youth are more anti-women than most of the middle-east;

This, however, is just pure ignorance.

Sord
Jul 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
Not only is all of that the case, but everybody gets REALLY OFFENDED whenever a women slaps somebody and gets away with it; alongside that they rant about the double standards in favor of women, in which only people over 50 even believe in anymore.

I don't know what kind of bubble you're living in, because the majority of the time a women hits a man and gets away with it. Maybe not in your area, but in a lot of others the female slaps a guy and the guys morals are not to hit back.

Also, if you think America has it the worst, even more so than the middle-east or other countries, than you are one seriously ignorant poster. I find it amusing that you're always claiming to be the victim, but you're one of the biggest stereotypers on here.

Double that.
*triple*

beatrixkiddo
Jul 11, 2008, 10:57 AM
Again with the "everyone" and "all people"!

thunder-ray
Jul 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
Heres a very simple question for you. How would you know that every male in america beats their wives and children? I mean seriously you cant base the whole country on one area that you live in and what you read on the internet. Though what you probaly said about some men beating their wives and childrens may be true. But I wouldnt go about saying that EVERY MALE in the US is like that.

Abashi76
Jul 11, 2008, 11:25 AM
I'm in San Diego, thats what its like here. Everybody thinks its kool for a guy to slap a girl, but offensive the other way around. There are no exceptions.

Aisha379
Jul 11, 2008, 11:30 AM
I'm in San Diego, thats what its like here. Everybody thinks its kool for a guy to slap a girl, but offensive the other way around. There are no exceptions.

You are apparently raised in a retarded area then.

But don't force your base-less criticism on all of the U.S. Just because you live in bizzaro city.

Sekani
Jul 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
San Diego isn't bizarro land (I live pretty close), the OP just lives in his own fantasy world where being an intolerant hypocrite is apparently a good thing.

Abashi76
Jul 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
You are apparently raised in a retarded area then.

But don't force your base-less criticism on all of the U.S. Just because you live in bizzaro city.

Well, I'm glad not all of America is like that. Everybody that I met was though. I have been taught that women never slap in the real world, and that its only kool for men to do it. I have been taught that patriarchy is a necessity for all mankind, and any other viewpoint is only held by evil feminazis who deserve to be bitch slapped to know their place. Everybody in my town is a misogynist, and there are no exceptions. I get screamed at, spat on, and beaten up; for not agreeing with them on their views about gender and sex. This town is also very prude, viewing that any sex under 18 is always rape, likewise anybody who doesn't think that people shouldn't be locked up for life for victimless crimes lacks a moral concience; and that anybody who doesn't agree is an evil sex offender without morals. There are no exceptions in my town, EVERYBODY at my high school and school bus thought that way. Everybody on the Internet from here thinks that way too. San Diego is a cesspool with NO variety. Orange County is Amsterdam in comparison.

San Diego isn't bizarro land (I live pretty close), the OP just lives in his own fantasy world where being an intolerant hypocrite is apparently a good thing.

The locals here are intolerant hypocrites. I tried my best to tolerate them and live peacefully amongst them, but it all went to waste; and I was screamed at and slapped around on the back of my head (I received brain damage) by the other guys repetedly, and everybody condoned it. Although if a girl did the same thing to me, she would probably go to jail. SAN DIEGO IS HOME TO THE MEANEST IN THE WORLD!!!

AlexCraig
Jul 11, 2008, 01:19 PM
Then you were raised under some pretty pathetic shit. Rule of thumb: not everything everyone says is true. And if that is the mentality of where you live, then you seriously need to get out and see the grand scheme of things. But you say that there are no exceptions for your area with this mentality. I seriously doubt that. You can't possibly know everyone in San Diego unless you were the favorite person in town. And by the way you make things sound, you aren't.

I was not raised on the principle that hitting women is wrong. I was not raised on the principle that hitting men is right. I WAS raised to know that hitting ANYONE is wrong and that I shouldn't do it. And (for the most part) I have lived up to that. I look at the bulk of my neighborhood, I see the kind of mind-set you are talking about. I also see the inverse. I know for a fact that not everyone here is like that and not everyone/everywhere in the world is like that.

Short version, get out more and see other people in other areas.

TsukasaDCX
Jul 11, 2008, 02:03 PM
Hang out with the gays

Edit:
SAN DIEGO IS HOME TO THE MEANEST IN THE WORLD!!!
Not true actually. In a national vote/census type thing, Sarasota, Florida was named the meanest place on earth.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 11, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hold on, just what America are you living in? And for that matter, what mainstream media are you regarding, that I have thus far been oblivious to? Every male-female relationship I see on television has involved a woman who's got her man well under her thumb. If he makes one remark that is even remotely offensive or demeaning to her, she gives him an evil stare, and no matter how authoritative he may've been when he made the statement, he suddenly begins to behave like a dog who's just been confronted by his master after shitting on the living room carpet.

I honestly can't recall a single instance where the abuse of women and children has been glorified in our mainstream media-- this is the sort of thing that even our prison inmates cannot abide.

Elnendil
Jul 11, 2008, 03:08 PM
I break my back so the person i'm with has a great day every day.

I must be building up the moment so the slap in the face is even sweeter amirite guys??

I honestly can't recall a single instance where the abuse of women and children has been glorified in our mainstream media-- this is the sort of thing that even our prison inmates cannot abide.

It hasn't. What's glorified is the complete opposite, which is not equality.

McLaughlin
Jul 11, 2008, 03:15 PM
Again with the "I'M THE ONLY NICE PERSON LEFT ALIVE! LALALA FINGERS IN EARS LALALA!"

We've already had this discussion with you. Why do you want to make a fool of yourself again?

astuarlen
Jul 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
He/she/it is just trying to get attention, guys. Let's try ignoring these ridiculous threads. It's good for everyone's blood pressure.

Ranmaru
Jul 11, 2008, 03:29 PM
Well, Abashi, what you said sounded sort of stupid, why would we think that its KOOL to slap women? You can't argue something when you have only heard one side of the story!

I agree, Astuarlen. ^^

Darkly
Jul 11, 2008, 03:35 PM
abashi's sweeping generalisations are the work of a great troll. How can somebody be so closed minded to just ignore everyone's thoughts in every one of his sweeping generalisations threads.

Eihwaz
Jul 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
I know this might come as a shock, Abashi, but there are, in fact, other people in America (as well as, amazingly, the rest of the world) that think that spousal and child abuse are wrong. You are, strangely enough, not the only person on the planet who has basic conceptions of human decency.

You are in dire need of some perspective and distance.

CelestialBlade
Jul 11, 2008, 03:49 PM
*shrug* Free laugh, eh?

Iduno
Jul 11, 2008, 03:51 PM
Lol I just read the thread title again and couldn't stop laughing.
(its definately appropriat to the op lol)

Nitro Vordex
Jul 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
*sigh* Requesting lock.

Abashi76
Jul 11, 2008, 05:53 PM
Short version, get out more and see other people in other areas.

Thats what I want to do, I just can't do it. Like I said earlier, Orange County is Amsterdam compared to here; actually it just would be San Francisco ...

EphekZ
Jul 11, 2008, 05:58 PM
Thats what I want to do, I just can't do it. Like I said earlier, Orange County is Amsterdam compared to here; actually it just would be San Francisco ...

Where exactly in San Diego do you live? seriously.
I live about 3 hours north of there, reseda, and this place is pretty ghetto, for valley standards. I really wonder how you are in real life. OC amsterdam? What the fuck? Seriously, where are you getting your information from? Do you actually talk and socialize? or do you just watch the news, anime, movies, etc?

edit:

The locals here are intolerant hypocrites. I tried my best to tolerate them and live peacefully amongst them, but it all went to waste; and I was screamed at and slapped around on the back of my head (I received brain damage) by the other guys repetedly, and everybody condoned it

first question, are you male or female?
Second question, what the hell did you do to make someone do that to you? You must have fucked up pretty badly, if you were beat to the point of brain damage, which is pretty damn hard to get in a fight.

Deissa
Jul 11, 2008, 06:10 PM
(I received brain damage)

god, i can believe that

Broodstar1337
Jul 11, 2008, 06:23 PM
Oh boy...

When it comes to men beating "lesser beings", the US has it a whole lot better than 90% of the rest of the world...

Mman2000
Jul 11, 2008, 06:33 PM
Ok here's a few protips for the OP

1. If where you live is as much of a hell hole as you say it is, get the fuck out.

2. Stop acting like the shit that (supposedly) happens where you live is the norm for the entire fucking country.

3. Get help.

4. Get a life.

5. Stop spamming this shit.

McLaughlin
Jul 11, 2008, 07:03 PM
I submit he was beat senseless (literally?) for doing the same thing he is here. Making absurd generalizations and then ignoring all the evidence to the contrary.

Someone snapped on him.

Dhylec
Jul 11, 2008, 08:45 PM
I left it open & the thread seems to have done its course. Looks like everyone has something to say already, so let's close it & got some free slurpie.. or, fresh air.