PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about coming back

Guitarsmasher
Jul 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
I joined PSU the first month it came out, but unfortunately I quit the game about 4 months later due to corruption in the economy. I remember everyone saying it'll work itself out, but I didn't have the patience for that :D. I was thinking about rejoining the game with a friend but was really hoping you guys could answer some questions that I couldn't find using the search button.

1.) On the PS2/PC server, is the economy still horrible and corrupt?

2.) Are there enough people on the PS2/PC server to do the basic essentials? (such as make parties easily, or have fun at least)

3.) Is there a ton more content (such as clothing, weapons, etc...) compared to when the game first came out?

Thanks in advance!

JAFO22000
Jul 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
I joined PSU the first month it came out, but unfortunately I quit the game about 4 months later due to corruption in the economy. I remember everyone saying it'll work itself out, but I didn't have the patience for that :D. I was thinking about rejoining the game with a friend but was really hoping you guys could answer some questions that I couldn't find using the search button.

2.) Are there enough people on the PS2/PC server to do the basic essentials? (such as make parties easily, or have fun at least)

3.) Is there a ton more content (such as clothing, weapons, etc...) compared to when the game first came out?

Thanks in advance!

I play on the 360, so I can only answer your question #3 with any accuracy.

3) Yes, there is a lot more content than when the game first came out. New clothing, new weapons, new armors, new classes, new missions, etc.

Pick up the expansion if you plan to come back. You will need it to find parties.

Good luck!

Ruru
Jul 11, 2008, 11:58 AM
1: all economy's are corrupt. PC/PS2 server has the highest prices out of each server, but there's also more money floating around so it makes up for it. money is easy to come by so it evens out.

2: there's still a big enough community to play with others, but it depends on if all you want to do is run whitebeast.

3: there is definitely alot more content/missions etc. out from when you left.

Golto
Jul 11, 2008, 12:39 PM
If you plan on coming back I would wait until July 18th. To make sure the servers survive the move and we start getting real updates again.

Guitarsmasher
Jul 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
If you plan on coming back I would wait until July 18th. To make sure the servers survive the move and we start getting real updates again.

They're moving the servers? Why wouldn't they survive?

Anduril
Jul 11, 2008, 01:29 PM

I guess there is some paranoia that something will happen to the physical servers (which they are moving tot eh new SEGA office) and all of our data will be lost forever forcing those who stick around to start form scratch.

chaostroop3
Jul 11, 2008, 03:05 PM

Thanks in advance!

1.) i beleave its good, not compleatly sure thogh

2.)errrr well.....

3.)ALOT ^_^

Alastor_Haven
Jul 11, 2008, 03:12 PM
1.) Very terrible

2.) As long as you go to a hot spot sure

3.) A decent amount

Ruru
Jul 11, 2008, 03:32 PM

lots of problems with Sega at the moment lead people to believe that the server move they're doing will end up being just an excuse to "accidently" shut the servers down and lay the blame on technical issues.

it could happen but it's doubtful.

Para
Jul 11, 2008, 03:43 PM
1) Always bad when greed exceeds goodwill.

2) Hotspots will have people... any other mission will require some organization (mission spotlight lol, friends

3) Fair amount all around with more to come still.

Cracka_J
Jul 11, 2008, 03:59 PM
1.) Depends on what you mean. If you're talking about haxeta, ya, there's still pockets of it floating around, but no new influxes since like february or march of '07. Basically, the market works like this now - you find in demand item, you get big payout. Pwands, Rattlesnakes, and Agito repca's can catch you anywhere from 40-100+ mil depending on what the item is, and if you play your cards right. The easiest way go get money is to look at difficulty of the run/time invested. If you can find a quick way to run a mission, don't get stressed out doing it, and manage to get lucky a couple times, you can bank and be able to get pretty much whatever you want.

2.) Yes, but if possible it would be in your best interests to find a solid group of consistent friends to run with. If you got that, then you don't have to worry about submitting yourself to white beast or the flavor of the week (new missions), otherwise it's slim pickins'.

3.) Ya, as others said, get the AOI expansion. Gamestop is apparently being a tool about selling the ps2 version there from what I hear, but it can still be obtained. One of my local electronic stores (I think they're nationwide, but they also ship) still has it in store, and apparently still is taking online orders as well (FRYS (http://shop3.frys.com/product/5310718?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG))

If you want to play the pc version and can't find a local copy, it can also be obtained by other illegitimate means, but we're not allowed to post linkage on that. Like others say, Google is your friend.

Guitarsmasher
Jul 11, 2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks again for the replies everyone!

RemiusTA
Jul 11, 2008, 04:17 PM

Not that i know of. Or at least not enough to piss me off.

2.) Are there enough people on the PS2/PC server to do the basic essentials? (such as make parties easily, or have fun at least)If you think White Beast is fun, then sure. There are rarely more than 2-3 stars online at once even on weekends. Its easy to find a party, but its not as easy to have fun imo. Everyone who is actually touring the planets and playing the fun missions usually lock them, or are leveling PA/Technics are do them solo.

In truth, finding parties to play in with people who AREN't Silent Level-up Bots (Hotspot spammers, dont talk, kill everything, destroy boss, restart mission, rinse repeat OVER AND OVER) is so demoralizing that i just have more fun playing by myself. Besides, thats the only way you can play a mission and actually feel a struggle to complete it, as opposed to running in a stacked party of 6 and watching the boss die on S2 before you can even finish casting all your buffs.

In fact, its gotten so bad that before my free peroid ended, i was able to pull up random people levels 60 - 120 and ask them about places in the game they could not even answer. Ive even spoke to MULTIPLE lvl 11x people before who hasn't been past Raffion Lakeshore in Parum and didnt even know the oasis in Moatoob / Waterfall in Parum even existed. Hell, there are even higher level people (50's - 70's) who havent even been to the NEWER areas in the game like the habarino district.

So in a nutshell, if you find a party, make sure its a party who is playing to have FUN and take whatever they find on the way, and not just to level up, or you'll find yourself in parties where you have to struggle to tag everything (no matter WHAT level or class you are) and completely vaporize the boss, only to restart the mission and do it over, and over, and over, and over. I personally cant STAND playing a mission more than once, and i dont know how the hell you guys do it.

3.) Is there a ton more content (such as clothing, weapons, etc...) compared to when the game first came out?Yes, very much so. But they release shit so slowly it really doesn't make a difference anymore.

This said, i personally find this a horrible and disappointing time to even think of coming back. SEGA is doing so bad right now that we currently are in a full month of zero updates (Which is why my account has been deactivated for about 3 months now, not including the free peroid we got), and are STILL waiting on that damn MAG extension, Which they are about to lose another good chunk of the population to once they announce they canceled it at the last fucking minute.