PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Why is the serafi-senba so much?

June_Mermaid
Jul 12, 2008, 10:31 AM
I dont understand it a 14% is 10 mill what so big about it?

Kizeragi
Jul 12, 2008, 10:32 AM
1. It's incredibly rare
2. It's a really good armor that any class can use
3. All masterclasses can use it

That's all I think?
Oh, It has all slots.

Namine
Jul 12, 2008, 11:06 AM
1. It's incredibly rare

That's all I think?
Oh, It has all slots.

Agrees with that. And for CAST Fortefighters/Protransers wanting to use Paradi Cataract, their choices currently are: Serafi-Senba or Shinowa Line. Shinowa Line doesn't have a Body slot, so their more likely to get a status effect, whereas with the Serafi-Senba they could use a /Resist unit.

Oh, and on PC/PS2 they made Serafi-Senbas are currently running 30 million and upwards. Boards are currently 38 Million and upwards.

Kinako78
Jul 12, 2008, 11:12 AM
Guess there's more competition on the 360, which is why they cost less there?

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 11:18 AM
Well, I think all or most of the items on the 360 side are cheaper compared to our servers anyways.
But yeah, I still think 10mil+ for an armour is still too much. lol But that's just me.

XFoxPrower
Jul 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
Don't forget the Dagger of Serafi combo set too.

BFGfreak
Jul 12, 2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, but still, most if it is that the armor is so bloody rare, in the gazilion white beast runs I've done, I've only seen it drop 3 times. (the high pitched Winter event/MAG newbies got it, and one of them sold theres to the NPC!? when I told him it was garbage in a vain attempt to get it, I didn't have the heart to tell him that he just sold 10 mil)

Proto07
Jul 12, 2008, 12:04 PM
Guess there's more competition on the 360, which is why they cost less there?

More players so there's more people running WB.

Kismet
Jul 12, 2008, 12:06 PM
I know it's not ANY near as good as Serafi or Shinowa, but my cast uses Storm Line for Paradi Cataract. You do what ya gotta do, y'know? Cuz Serafi-senba and Shinowa Line cost just way too much for me to afford. (To buy my cast her PC and Storm, cost a total of like, 5 mil? Way cheaper if you're willing to make some sacrifices.)

Celi-Ka
Jul 12, 2008, 12:11 PM
I know it's not ANY near as good as Serafi or Shinowa, but my cast uses Storm Line for Paradi Cataract. You do what ya gotta do, y'know? Cuz Serafi-senba and Shinowa Line cost just way too much for me to afford. (To buy my cast her PC and Storm, cost a total of like, 5 mil? Way cheaper if you're willing to make some sacrifices.)

Well, thing is that if you're playing a non-gunner class, you can't use Storm Line. It's tough for those CAST FF's/PT's who only have two choices in Serafi-senba and Shinowa Line if they want to use their Paradi SUV.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 12, 2008, 12:15 PM
you know what I hate? people have zillions of Serafi-senbas at 999999999 on display and they dont take offers they are just showing off. Some people have up to 4 serafi boards which they are just showing off. Bastards!

Jian-Zero
Jul 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
I don't think that's really correct. I am using a Castest Line with my Cast FF, and she has both a resist unit and Paradi.

Kinako78
Jul 12, 2008, 12:26 PM
More players so there's more people running WB.

That, too.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
I don't think that's really correct. I am using a Castest Line with my Cast FF, and she has both a resist unit and Paradi.

Wait...you are using a Castest line with a forte Fighter??

McLaughlin
Jul 12, 2008, 12:49 PM

I don't think that's possible...Could have been a typo and meant to read as "FG."

Ruru
Jul 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
to the OP. serafi-senba is probably the only real rare left in this game.

the only S rank armor (at the moment) with all 4 slots that can be used by any race/job.

i would have killed for it to be 10mil on PC/PS2 servers but once again everything on PC/PS2 is over priced.

and yeah for the person that said they hate how people have them on display. i've seen alot of that as well. people with 3 or 4 of them at 99,999,991 up to 99,999,999 just so they can show them off. get over yourself people just sell the damn armor so the rest of us can enjoy them as well.

Indica
Jul 12, 2008, 01:22 PM
I think Sega adjusted the drops rates at White Beast because tons of people are running that map. It's so much easier to find Cati/Power, Kan Yu at Ragan then finding stuff at White Beast

Skyly
Jul 12, 2008, 01:35 PM
I do also think that.. Because a lot more people would have it.. Secretly adjusted drop rates. I went to Universe 1 last night I was amazed at how many people were there.

Ruru
Jul 12, 2008, 01:38 PM
i've not really had any trouble finding other "junk" at whitebeast. yamat-misaki sanzu-hiken (made/board) togeha-zashi made. the only trouble i have is getting serafi-senba's. finally got 6 of them but that took a LONG time running that mission solo. all the other junk that drops there i've gotten quite a few of.

Celi-Ka
Jul 12, 2008, 03:47 PM

I doubt that's the case since Castest Line is also gunner-class exclusive.

Kadajenova
Jul 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
synth a serafi senba require 20 orta^polymer which cost 500k each. 10mil minimum needed to synth, if mats prices going down, then serafi senba prices too

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 04:54 PM
synth a serafi senba require 20 orta^polymer which cost 500k each. 10mil minimum needed to synth, if mats prices going down, then serafi senba prices too

Actually I think Ortapolymer is the cheapest out of the 3 Polymers, and last I saw them go for like 200k a piece. lol Reason being.. WB spammers... plus not a lot of Serafi-senba boards due to rarity = Ortapolymer not really needed.
Egg Thieves pretty much gets avoided by people so not a lot of Nanopolymers and Castest Line+Shinowa Line existance = high price for Nanos.
No comment for Metapolymer.
Also, at least you only need 20 Ortapolymers instead of 30 Nanopolymers for Shinowa / Castest Line. :-P Not to mention Serafi-senba owns Storm Line by far, yet Storm Line still needs as many Polymers as Serafi does, and it needs the one which is more expensive as well.

I think the reasons Serafi-senbas are so overpriced are (some things have been mentioned so far):
- All slot units, body is a plus, extra excellent for Paradi Cataract
- DoS combo
- Stats good
- Not that hard to make (again, compared to other armours)
- very rare for a 10* armour
- Every class can use it
- (etc.?)

Kismet
Jul 12, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well, thing is that if you're playing a non-gunner class, you can't use Storm Line. It's tough for those CAST FF's/PT's who only have two choices in Serafi-senba and Shinowa Line if they want to use their Paradi SUV.

Oops, I forgot about that! ^_^;

Hmm, come to think of it, my cast will be switching to FF soon. Damnit! T_T

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 12, 2008, 07:21 PM
RELEASE GREEN GREEN LINE ALREADY SEGAC!!

Seriously, once Green Green Line is out, thats it!

Syl
Jul 12, 2008, 07:27 PM
Not to mention Serafi-senba owns Storm Line by far, yet Storm Line still needs as many Polymers as Serafi does, and it needs the one which is more expensive as well.

With the price of serafi-senba, you can buy 3-4 decent Storm Lines. Not to mention SL is just a really good armor for any of the gunner classes because DFP isn't really worth much in this game ;l

AerisZeal
Jul 12, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure the people that have em at 99999999 are showing off either, lots of people are still waiting on MAG bonuses to synth things, myself included. Or even offering them up for trade because they don't want Meseta. If not either of those reasons though yea, they do need to get smacked. ^^;

thebummers
Jul 12, 2008, 08:41 PM
I think a lot of players are hoping that Serafi boards drop more once we get the S2 version of White Beast in May of 2010. I swear I have hunted White Beast S since it came out solo and with budsa frickload of times and have only ever got one board. I made it light and it came out 30% so I was all excited I could use it to now farm MORE Serafi boards. Nope.

Nezumirro
Jul 12, 2008, 09:52 PM
I doubt the price is going to change for the better when white beast s2 comes out because it dosent drop there...Most of the ppl who run white beast S2 probobly will be hunting for techer items like the el-senba and granarodoc...not to mention the 12* bow (too lazy to look at the name).

relentless
Jul 12, 2008, 10:03 PM
Doesn't change the fact that you'll see more Serafi-senba boards around.
And I'm sure, even if slightly, something for this item will change, and if it does, I'm sure it'll be for the better.
But yeah, Nasuyoteri will be awesome trading material...

Nezumirro
Jul 12, 2008, 10:04 PM

NO!
I wish ortapolymer was 500k each... I have over a stack so i would be a very very rich man. Ortapolymer only goes for 70k each bringing the cost to make it to roughly 1.4mill. Ortapolymer prices have nothing to do with mat rates or the armors themselfs...You could say that for storm lines and shinowa lines because they're farily common and nanopolymer is rare more or less in proportion to how many they take to make

EX; I have 4 shinowa line boards and 7 stormline boards in my bot for synthing and 4 mors stormlines in storage...so thats like 340 nanopolymer or so...

shintaHakamashi
Jul 13, 2008, 09:21 AM
its a decent S rank armor. Has all slots and not limited to classes. even ur hunter can whear it :P, but down side for 360 is the economy is screwy. players jake the prices thats all. but it will drop sooner or later dont worry. like they all do. and also when the "newer" ( i say " " cause jp have it already.) come out serafi will really drop . so best to hunt it or not buy it unless u really want it.

Clunker
Jul 13, 2008, 11:36 AM
I doubt the price is going to change for the better when white beast s2 comes out because it dosent drop there...

O.o? I could have sworn that Jp players (as well as both the DB here and at PSUpedia) have confirmed that it DOES drop on S2...

Or has there been a huuuge error on both sites?

I even had made a topic about S-S's drop rate, to ask about WB S2 a while back (say, a month+), and the answer by 2-3 Jp players was that it DOES drop, an much more reliably?

Halp! Someone reconfirm this issue!

Kismet
Jul 13, 2008, 12:05 PM
With the price of serafi-senba, you can buy 3-4 decent Storm Lines. Not to mention SL is just a really good armor for any of the gunner classes because DFP isn't really worth much in this game ;l

That's how I felt, as well. (OT: Sylvia, you always have such pretty sigs! *Jealous* X3)

Kinako78
Jul 13, 2008, 12:07 PM
Too bad only one of my characters is a gunner. :p

Akira-san
Jul 13, 2008, 01:05 PM
quick ? im using a shinowa line as of now for my fortefighter and planning to buy a serafi senba but wanna know if its worth the change :-P

Ruru
Jul 13, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure the people that have em at 99999999 are showing off either, lots of people are still waiting on MAG bonuses to synth things, myself included. Or even offering them up for trade because they don't want Meseta. If not either of those reasons though yea, they do need to get smacked. ^^;

alot of the people with those up could easily keep them in their PM if they're waiting, also some people have tried to trade with them and they're not trading or selling.

I doubt the price is going to change for the better when white beast s2 comes out because it dosent drop there...Most of the ppl who run white beast S2 probobly will be hunting for techer items like the el-senba and granarodoc...not to mention the 12* bow (too lazy to look at the name).

last i heard serafi-senba does drop on Whitebeast S2.

quick ? im using a shinowa line as of now for my fortefighter and planning to buy a serafi senba but wanna know if its worth the change :-P

worth the change but not worth it to buy. if you have the time hunt it yourself or hunt it during GBR. if you have the money then by all means buy it.

chaostroop3
Jul 13, 2008, 01:25 PM
i dont understand why its so much

i mean 99.9999% of the population runs that all day -.-

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 13, 2008, 01:35 PM
I bet its SEGAC's fault...probably.

Akira-san
Jul 13, 2008, 02:17 PM
worth the change but not worth it to buy. if you have the time hunt it yourself or hunt it during GBR. if you have the money then by all means buy it.

ahhh ok thx Ruru :-D yea i plan on selling the shinowa then paying the difference from that to get one THX

Syl
Jul 13, 2008, 02:29 PM
(OT: Sylvia, you always have such pretty sigs! *Jealous* X3)

Hehe ty :3

i dont understand why its so much

i mean 99.9999% of the population runs that all day -.-

Odd isn't it? :???:

Kizeragi
Jul 13, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'm not complaining, it's something that's difficult to hunt, which I wanted.
Also, White Beast S2 does drop Serafi-senba boards.

Akira-san
Jul 13, 2008, 11:20 PM
i bought one today for 15million, and im happy i did. its nice to have all slots available and the block animation is pretty kool with the feathers showing up:-D

ErtaiClou
Jul 13, 2008, 11:26 PM
Well mine came out 30% light so I was pleasantly suprised. But I think people who aren't after multiple elements of the armor just hunt one and call it quiets on WB.

GlowSticks
Jul 14, 2008, 02:09 AM
1. It's incredibly rare

That's all I think?
Oh, It has all slots.

Rare? Are you serious lol. -_-

Storm Line is nice cheap and affordable. Gtfo Serafi -.-

Storm Line [B] drop like pancakes mMm edit: Serafi isn't really that RARE -_- poped like 3 in 10 runs zz

Ruru
Jul 14, 2008, 04:15 AM
Rare? Are you serious lol. -_-

Storm Line is nice cheap and affordable. Gtfo Serafi -.-

Storm Line [B] drop like pancakes mMm edit: Serafi isn't really that RARE -_- poped like 3 in 10 runs zz

try 1 serafi-senba in 450+ runs.

also stormline is ranger type only. serafi senba is all jobs

goldbrease
Jul 14, 2008, 04:45 AM
i have done likely over 100 S runs and seen it drop 1 time. to the force in the group who had no clue what it is.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 14, 2008, 06:31 AM
Alright, so mine finally drops after like 400 runs thank goodness! I can now rest in peace and use my Cati/Save, Paradi and other stuffs Ive waited so long to use, we CAST Fighters need this ASAP! although Shinowa-Line is the other choice, it is not that great, no body slot equals no resists and junk, and we hunters are in front lines so you can imagine.

But question!

What is the synth rate on a 100% pure Armor PM?

PS. I encourage WB hunters to get Sleep Resist, it is a very useful unit here and saves your life ALOT. If not use poison resist, but that only works with one annoying enemy the Kawane, everything else will try to sleep ya and Pwn J00. Although WB is a pain, its full of ppl and is a rather funny/stupid experience, ill never forget it.

mvffin
Jul 14, 2008, 09:42 AM
Funny how everyone says its a good armor for Cast FF/PT to use Paradi, but nobody mentions Cast WT. = )

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 14, 2008, 10:02 AM
Hey atleast I said that Fighters need it, that includes all striking weapon users.

Googlebonker
Jul 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
I like Serafi-senbas! : D

Synthesis rate on a 100 Armor PM was 76% when the servers went down.

If you read other people's posts in this thread, you will probably find most of if not all the reasons I like them.

They are rare, but some people seem to not see many received while others seem to see quite a few received. I saw three received in one day within the past week.

Ruru
Jul 14, 2008, 01:39 PM
10* armor with 100% armor PM is all 76% there might be an exception somewhere but all the 10* armor i've made were 76% success rate.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 14, 2008, 02:37 PM
Ok now, what will the % be with the MAG synth boost?

Ruru
Jul 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
what is the MAG synth boost? was it +15, +20 or was it +35? i was never sure on how they were doing it.

Celi-Ka
Jul 14, 2008, 04:26 PM
With our current point total the boost will be a +20% to all weapon/armor synths. It's just a matter of WHEN we'll get them.

Ruru
Jul 14, 2008, 04:40 PM
ok so if its going to be +20 then 10* armor will be at 96% success rate (give or take 50% rate on your luck synthing anything under 100% success. IE failed psycho wand or agito repca at 99% success rate.)